Perlow, Jason 2

Skip to the first unread message

redn...@netcom.com

20 Apr 1996, 03:00:0020/04/1996
BACKGROUND:
Jason Perlow, A.K.A. TeamWeb, A.K.A. Canon_USA, recently was asked by RedNivek to
refrain from discussing Windows NT in the IRC #os/2 channel. As a result, Mr Perlow
threatened to get RedNivek fired from IBM, even though Mr RedNivek was not and never
has promoted himself as representing IBM while attempting to enjoy his freetime on IRC.
The following is a transcript of the follow-up to the original conversation.
The purpose of this document is to exemplify the poor relations developed by Mr Perlow
on the IRC when he consistently pushes Windows NT in the #os/2 channel, drops key IBM
employee names, and threatens other users with inappropriate actions when they disagree
with him.

<TeamWeb> aw shucks

> Hey Perlow, you didnt get me fired yet. Please try.

<TeamWeb> REd: I'm really not interested in makeing your life miserable.

> You mean yours. Please try.

<TeamWeb> REd: If you're an IBMer and you think this is an appropriate way to treat one of
your customers, I'm really disappointed.

> If you dont follow up on your threats, nobody will respect you. You'll be the boy who
called "NT".

<TeamWeb> Red: I'd really prefer not not to continue with this.

> I dont represent IBM while in this channel. Get it, dunce?
> Are you backing down from your threat?

<TeamWeb> Red: thats like I saying I dont represent Canon in this channel.

> You dont, unless you say you do. Of course, you often do, but I dont see others pretending to
do so in relation to their jobs. Ford autoworkers here arent pretending to represent Ford.

<TeamWeb> Red: I have no intention of getting you in trouble. But I suggest you tone things
down.
<TeamWeb> Red: I'm not threatening you. I'm trying to give you some advice.

> You threatened me a few days ago. Are you backing down from that threat?

<TeamWeb> red: If you stop acting stupid, yes.
<TeamWeb> RedNivek: If you aren't higher than Wally Casey or John Thompson, I dont feel
threatened by you. I wouldnt feel threatened by you if you were, either.

> Name dropping... wow. Are you continuing to threaten me? Please clarify so that I may
follow up.

<TeamWeb> Red: you really should check IBM's employee manual. Your'e seriously violating your
employee guidelines.

> Answer the question, Perlow. Are you continuing to threaten me?

<TeamWeb> red: I havent sent any letters, if that is what you are asking.

> Jason, I simply want to know if I should send a letter regarding your behavior. Please
clarify if you are threatening me.

<TeamWeb> Red: I am not threatening you. Just stop acting like an idiot.

>/whois teamweb
*** TeamWeb ~Admin 146.184.101.127 (Administration)
*** Channels: #os/2
*** irc.cerf.net [irc1.cerf.net] CERFNet IRC Server

>/date
*** irc.netcom.com :Tuesday March 5 1996 -- 09:20 -08:00

Jason Perlow

21 Apr 1996, 03:00:0021/04/1996
In article <4la9i7$e...@reader2.ix.netcom.com>,
redn...@netcom.com says...

>BACKGROUND:
> Jason Perlow, A.K.A. TeamWeb, A.K.A. Canon_USA,
recently was asked by RedNivek to
> refrain from discussing Windows NT in the IRC #os/2
channel. As a result, Mr Perlow
> threatened to get RedNivek fired from IBM, even
though Mr RedNivek was not and never
> has promoted himself as representing IBM while
attempting to enjoy his freetime on IRC.
> The following is a transcript of the follow-up to
the original conversation.
> The purpose of this document is to exemplify the
poor relations developed by Mr Perlow
> on the IRC when he consistently pushes Windows NT
in the #os/2 channel, drops key IBM
> employee names, and threatens other users with
inappropriate actions when they disagree
> with him.

Rednivek's background here is selective as is his
inappropriate postings here on USENET.

On IRC he has frequently harassed people, using
obscentities and other inappropriate behavior,
should they have conflicting views to his. As an IBM
employee his is bound to a certain code
of behavior not to do so, To harass a IBM customer in
that fashion is against IBM's employee's guidelines and
is a breach subject to termination.

Yes, I did tell him that if he didnt stop using that
kind of behavior, I'd contact IBM and
tell them what was going on. No OS/2 user or other IBM
customer should be subject to this kind
of abuse.

Anyone here, regardless of what OS they use, or who's
side of the camp they are on, would agree
this rampant disregard for Internet etiquette as well as
poor representation of their company
with this kind of behavior warrants a termination as
well as castigation by the participants in this forum.

Jason Perlow

pcg...@helppc.com

21 Apr 1996, 03:00:0021/04/1996

I am not an IBM employee, but I agree completely with
Mr Redniveks's assessment of your status as an OS/2 advocate.
The fact that you must resort to threats to counter his
criticisms only goes to re-emphasise the correctness of his
judgement. You, Mr Perlow, are a liar and a hypocrite.

|Yes, I did tell him that if he didnt stop using that
|kind of behavior, I'd contact IBM and
|tell them what was going on. No OS/2 user or other IBM
|customer should be subject to this kind
|of abuse.

This is your response to criticism? Better stop, or Jason
will call your Mommy? Grow up (and go away) Perlow, OS/2
doesn't need you anymore and it never did. The things you
did for OS/2 once upon a time would have been done by
someone else had you not been around. The fact that your
"selfless volunteerism" has not been rewarded by fortune
and fame is more due to your own undesirable personality
traits than to any other cause. Your NT advocacy will likewise
go unrewarded as the people urging you to change your name
to Judas will reveal in good time. Judas Perlow. Has quite
the ring to it, eh?

|Anyone here, regardless of what OS they use, or who's
|side of the camp they are on, would agree
|this rampant disregard for Internet etiquette as well as
|poor representation of their company
|with this kind of behavior warrants a termination as
|well as castigation by the participants in this forum.
|
|Jason Perlow

We sure do, when will Cannon be letting you go?

Phil "Guido" Cava TeamOS/2
Help, PC!
Let us help you achieve Warp Speed today!
email at: pcg...@helppc.com
> Computers are useless, they can only give you answers! - Pablo Picasso

BTW, could you please find a decent newsreader for NT? The way the
one you are using today screws up the posts is attrocious!

Phil "Guido" Cava TeamOS/2
Help, PC!
Let us help you achieve Warp Speed today!
email at: pcg...@helppc.com
> Computers are useless, they can only give you answers! - Pablo Picasso

Jason Perlow

21 Apr 1996, 03:00:0021/04/1996

>|On IRC he has frequently harassed people, using
>|obscentities and other inappropriate behavior,
>|should they have conflicting views to his. As an IBM
>|employee his is bound to a certain code
>|of behavior not to do so, To harass a IBM customer in
>|that fashion is against IBM's employee's guidelines and
>|is a breach subject to termination.
>
>I am not an IBM employee, but I agree completely with
>Mr Redniveks's assessment of your status as an OS/2 advocate.
>The fact that you must resort to threats to counter his
>criticisms only goes to re-emphasise the correctness of his
>judgement. You, Mr Perlow, are a liar and a hypocrite.

You agree that Rednivek should be harassing IBM customers, using
foul and obscene language in a technical forum?

You are a DISGRACE to Team OS/2.

|Yes, I did tell him that if he didnt stop using that
>|kind of behavior, I'd contact IBM and
>|tell them what was going on. No OS/2 user or other IBM
>|customer should be subject to this kind
>|of abuse.
>
>This is your response to criticism? Better stop, or Jason
>will call your Mommy? Grow up (and go away) Perlow, OS/2
>doesn't need you anymore and it never did. The things you
>did for OS/2 once upon a time would have been done by
>someone else had you not been around. The fact that your
>"selfless volunteerism" has not been rewarded by fortune
>and fame is more due to your own undesirable personality
>traits than to any other cause. Your NT advocacy will likewise
>go unrewarded as the people urging you to change your name
>to Judas will reveal in good time. Judas Perlow. Has quite
>the ring to it, eh?

It has quite the anti-semitic ring to it, Adolf Cava.

Adolf Hitler was known for his foaming at the mouth radicalism.
Are you going to shove the Windows users in the ovens, or would
a firing squad work better?

I can play your stupid game too. Go back to your Beer Hall Putsch.

>|Anyone here, regardless of what OS they use, or who's
>|side of the camp they are on, would agree
>|this rampant disregard for Internet etiquette as well as
>|poor representation of their company
>|with this kind of behavior warrants a termination as
>|well as castigation by the participants in this forum.
>|
>|Jason Perlow
>
>We sure do, when will Cannon be letting you go?

When you learn to spell its name correctly.

jl...@prolog.net

21 Apr 1996, 03:00:0021/04/1996
redn...@netcom.com wrote in a message to :

rn> Jason Perlow, A.K.A. TeamWeb, A.K.A. Canon_USA, recently was
rn> asked by RedNivek to refrain from discussing Windows NT in
rn> the IRC #os/2 channel. As a result, Mr Perlow threatened
rn> to get RedNivek fired from IBM, even though Mr
rn> RedNivek was not and never has promoted himself as
rn> representing IBM while attempting to
rn> enjoy his freetime on IRC.

We never use Jason Parlow's OS/2 Web page;
ever since we read his public posts in
c.o.o.a advising all OS/2 users to try
Windows NT instead.

Personally, I never could grasp the idea
of how promoting Windows NT in public,
OS/2 specific areas can be considered
OS/2 advocacy. Such posts in moderated areas
such as those on FIDO would be considered
off-topic. However, Jason continues to say
that by promoting Windows NT to current
OS/2 users in OS/2 areas, he is being
an OS/2 advocate.

Most of us read c.o.o.a. to learn more about OS/2,
if we wanted more information on Windows, we would
follow one of the Windows advocacy groups. We look
at c.o.o.a to find out what is going on, which
magazines are the best to follow for accurate
information on OS/2, we like to learn about the
particular strengths over other systems etc. Once
again, if we wanted the same information about
a Windows product, we would become active in
those areas. Few of the c.o.o.a posters
beleive that OS/2 is the only operating system worth
having, but it is the only one we are really
interested in reading about in c.o.o.a. Most
know there are advocacy groups for the best
information on the other operating systems.

Joe

---
* Origin: (0:0/0)

pcg...@helppc.com

22 Apr 1996, 03:00:0022/04/1996
In <4lefar$2f...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>, jpe...@dgenesis.com (Jason Perlow) writes:

|||On IRC he has frequently harassed people, using
|||obscentities and other inappropriate behavior,
|||should they have conflicting views to his. As an IBM
|||employee his is bound to a certain code
|||of behavior not to do so, To harass a IBM customer in
|||that fashion is against IBM's employee's guidelines and
|||is a breach subject to termination.
||I am not an IBM employee, but I agree completely with
||Mr Redniveks's assessment of your status as an OS/2 advocate.
||The fact that you must resort to threats to counter his
||criticisms only goes to re-emphasise the correctness of his
||judgement. You, Mr Perlow, are a liar and a hypocrite.
|
|You agree that Rednivek should be harassing IBM customers, using
|foul and obscene language in a technical forum?

Learn to read, Judas. "I agree completely with Mr Redniveks assessment
of your status as an OS/2 advocate." Will the second time be the charm?
Will Judas Perlow learn to read? Turn in next time for the next exciting
episode: "As the worm turns: the neverending saga of Judas Perlow's
arrogance.".

|You are a DISGRACE to Team OS/2.

Oh my! Such language from the *biggest* disgrace Team-OS/2 has ever
produced: Judas Perlow. Watch out, Perlow, we're going to tell your
Mommy on you!

||Yes, I did tell him that if he didnt stop using that
|||kind of behavior, I'd contact IBM and
|||tell them what was going on. No OS/2 user or other IBM
|||customer should be subject to this kind
|||of abuse.
||This is your response to criticism? Better stop, or Jason
||will call your Mommy? Grow up (and go away) Perlow, OS/2
||doesn't need you anymore and it never did. The things you
||did for OS/2 once upon a time would have been done by
||someone else had you not been around. The fact that your
||"selfless volunteerism" has not been rewarded by fortune
||and fame is more due to your own undesirable personality
||traits than to any other cause. Your NT advocacy will likewise
||go unrewarded as the people urging you to change your name
||to Judas will reveal in good time. Judas Perlow. Has quite
||the ring to it, eh?
|
|It has quite the anti-semitic ring to it, Adolf Cava.

Anti-semetic? Don't think so. Anti-Perlow, and quite accurate.

|Adolf Hitler was known for his foaming at the mouth radicalism.
|Are you going to shove the Windows users in the ovens, or would
|a firing squad work better?

Nice try, no cigar Judas. The subject here is Jason Perlow, not
Adolph Hitler. I think the "behave or we'll turn you in" method
*was* pretty well known to the Nazi's however. Is that where you
learned it?

|I can play your stupid game too. Go back to your Beer Hall Putsch.

Right. Just like all the Perlow Posts lately, lot's of threats
and invective, no facts. Once again, Judas Perlow shows his true
stripes. Didn't like Red revealing your true nature, eh Judas?

|||Anyone here, regardless of what OS they use, or who's
|||side of the camp they are on, would agree
|||this rampant disregard for Internet etiquette as well as
|||poor representation of their company
|||with this kind of behavior warrants a termination as
|||well as castigation by the participants in this forum.
|||Jason Perlow
||We sure do, when will Cannon be letting you go?
|
|When you learn to spell its name correctly.

That soon? Canon? Bye-bye, Judas.

Larry Margolis

22 Apr 1996, 03:00:0022/04/1996
In <4ldec7$3j...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>, jpe...@dgenesis.com (Jason Perlow) writes:

>Rednivek's background here is selective as is his
>inappropriate postings here on USENET.
>
>On IRC he has frequently harassed people, using
>obscentities and other inappropriate behavior,
>should they have conflicting views to his. As an IBM
>employee his is bound to a certain code
>of behavior not to do so, To harass a IBM customer in
>that fashion is against IBM's employee's guidelines and
>is a breach subject to termination.

Can you kindly provide the citation from "IBM's employee's
guidelines" where it says that an employee has no freedom of
speech while on their own time, and while not acting as an IBM
representative? I suspect you're making it up...

>Anyone here, regardless of what OS they use, or who's
>side of the camp they are on, would agree
>this rampant disregard for Internet etiquette as well as
>poor representation of their company
>with this kind of behavior warrants a termination as
>well as castigation by the participants in this forum.

Actually, I think most people here would agree that attacking
someone via their employer for something they do on their own
time, from a non-employer-related account, is a rather slimey
thing to do.

I wouldn't think that statements by "redn...@netcom.com"
represent IBM any more than I would think that statements by
"jpe...@dgenesis.com" represent Canon. (Which is not to say
that one should assume that someone posting from their work
account is posting as a representative for their company, either,
but one could expect a rather more business-like demeanor.)

--
Larry Margolis, MARGOLI@YKTVMV (Bitnet), mar...@watson.IBM.com (Internet)

Brian Knotts

23 Apr 1996, 03:00:0023/04/1996
In <4let56$g...@nntp1.best.com>, pcg...@helppc.com writes:
>In <4lefar$2f...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>, jpe...@dgenesis.com (Jason Perlow) writes:

(some absurdity deleted)

>||traits than to any other cause. Your NT advocacy will likewise
>||go unrewarded as the people urging you to change your name
>||to Judas will reveal in good time. Judas Perlow. Has quite
>||the ring to it, eh?

>|It has quite the anti-semitic ring to it, Adolf Cava.

>Anti-semetic? Don't think so. Anti-Perlow, and quite accurate.

>|Adolf Hitler was known for his foaming at the mouth radicalism.
>|Are you going to shove the Windows users in the ovens, or would
>|a firing squad work better?

>Nice try, no cigar Judas. The subject here is Jason Perlow, not
>Adolph Hitler. I think the "behave or we'll turn you in" method
>*was* pretty well known to the Nazi's however. Is that where you
>learned it?

>|I can play your stupid game too. Go back to your Beer Hall Putsch.

>Right. Just like all the Perlow Posts lately, lot's of threats
>and invective, no facts. Once again, Judas Perlow shows his true
>stripes. Didn't like Red revealing your true nature, eh Judas?

>||We sure do, when will Cannon be letting you go?

>|When you learn to spell its name correctly.

Wow! A spelling flame *AND* he calls someone a Nazi *in the same
post*.

I'm impressed.

Brian Knotts Team OS/2 bkn...@europa.com
http://www.europa.com/~bknotts

Jim Stuyck

23 Apr 1996, 03:00:0023/04/1996
In <4lhmll$g...@atheria.europa.com>, bkn...@europa.com (Brian Knotts) writes:

>Wow! A spelling flame *AND* he calls someone a Nazi *in the same
>post*.
>
>I'm impressed.

ROTF,L! Thanks. This subject needed that.

Time to cool off, 'eh?

Jim Stuyck

Nick Marc

23 Apr 1996, 03:00:0023/04/1996
-> From: jl...@prolog.net
-> Subject: Perlow, Jason 2
->
[...]
-> ---
-> * Origin: (0:0/0)
->
Thank you for this post Joe. Jason Perlow is NOT AN OS/2 ADVOCATE.
His primary purpose is to advocate the use of Windows NT. He likes
to make claims of his OS/2 advocacy in an attempt to gain the trust
of the OS/2 user only to misuse that trust and advocate the use of
Windows NT. Everyone should be fully aware of his pretense. He
comes and goes from this conference area as the heat dictates. He
has convinced some OS/2 advocates to believe and support him and
they will post in his defense. Please, do not be swayed. Jason
Perlow has one agenda to support: Windows NT.

Casper

24 Apr 1996, 03:00:0024/04/1996
In <4let56$g...@nntp1.best.com>, pcg...@helppc.com writes:
>In <4lefar$2f...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>, jpe...@dgenesis.com (Jason Perlow) writes:

>|Adolf Hitler was known for his foaming at the mouth radicalism.

^^^^^ ^^^^^^

By USENET rules, Jason has ended this thread.

Rick DeBay

Casper

24 Apr 1996, 03:00:0024/04/1996
In <4lefar$2f...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net>, jpe...@dgenesis.com (Jason Perlow) writes:

[snip]

>Adolf Hitler was known for his foaming at the mouth radicalism.
^^^^^ ^^^^^^

You've just officially ended this thread.

Rick DeBay

Robert Wong

24 Apr 1996, 03:00:0024/04/1996
My response:

<jl...@prolog.net> wrote:
>We never use Jason Parlow's OS/2 Web page;
>ever since we read his public posts in
>c.o.o.a advising all OS/2 users to try
>Windows NT instead.
I advocate using the best operating system for your needs, if it
happens to be OS/2, go for it. If it's Windows, then go for it.
You seem quite upset that Jason Perlow IS TELLING people to make
a choice and give another operating system a TRY. Isn't that
what advocates have been telling Windows users, go and give OS/2
a try. You seem afraid that people who use OS/2 should try
NT, maybe because they will like it.

>Personally, I never could grasp the idea
>of how promoting Windows NT in public,
>OS/2 specific areas can be considered
>OS/2 advocacy. Such posts in moderated areas
>such as those on FIDO would be considered
>off-topic. However, Jason continues to say
>that by promoting Windows NT to current
>OS/2 users in OS/2 areas, he is being
>an OS/2 advocate.
IT's call OPEN system, or rather you live in a IBM OS/2 system.

>Most of us read c.o.o.a. to learn more about OS/2,
>if we wanted more information on Windows, we would
>follow one of the Windows advocacy groups. We look
>at c.o.o.a to find out what is going on, which
>magazines are the best to follow for accurate
>information on OS/2, we like to learn about the
>particular strengths over other systems etc. Once
>again, if we wanted the same information about
>a Windows product, we would become active in
>those areas. Few of the c.o.o.a posters
>beleive that OS/2 is the only operating system worth
>having, but it is the only one we are really
>interested in reading about in c.o.o.a. Most
>know there are advocacy groups for the best
>information on the other operating systems.
The mere facts that zealots and the fanatics DON'T
GIVE more OS/2 information. They just bash Microsoft and
think it's the same as giving OS/2 information. The
zealots have these conspiracy theories and what new
information is that about OS/2?

I also noticed that once the zealots start seeing you as
a threat to their fantasy worlds, then start the personal
attacks and just spread wild rumors. When their arguments
are weaken and they can't lie anymore about things, that's
when the personal attacks get mean and nasty. Stay tuned.

Jason Perlow is a better OS/2 advocate than all of these
zealots combined. At least he has the experience to COMPARE
NT and OS/2 and able to advise people on the strengths and
weakness. He is more of a OPEN Systems advocate than
some of these OS/2 zealots will ever be. It never ceases to
amaze me that people can bash Windows 95 and NT and NEVEr
even used it.

I think the real truth is that these zealots are AFRAID
that some OS/2 users might try other operating system and
might actually like it. That is the real reason for
constant Windows bashing.

--
Robert Wong RPI Alumnus '85 (e-mail : won...@rpi.edu)
Opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views

kiy...@ibm.net

24 Apr 1996, 03:00:0024/04/1996
In <4lkc5b$1t...@alum01.its.rpi.edu>, won...@alum01.its.rpi.edu (Robert Wong) writes:
> He is more of a OPEN Systems advocate than
>some of these OS/2 zealots will ever be. It never ceases to
>amaze me that people can bash Windows 95 and NT and NEVEr
>even used it.

I've used both. Microsoft Solution Providers pay me to solve their Windows
problems. I'm a good listener. I give them sound advice. The conversation
usually starts, "What's a GPF?" or "We've been having a lot of trouble with
viruses." I know that it'll be another good month for the consulting
business, time to light up the big cigars, and pour the brandy, I love this
Windows stuff.

>I think the real truth is that these zealots are AFRAID
>that some OS/2 users might try other operating system and
>might actually like it. That is the real reason for
>constant Windows bashing.

No-no, keep using Windows, I'll be right over to run IBM Virus scanner.

And while you're at it, keep using Word with the developers CD. It's a CD,
you can't erase the virus.

>Robert Wong RPI Alumnus '85 (e-mail : won...@rpi.edu)

Say Bob, what's your degree in?

Cory Hamasaki
OS/2 Software Store http://www.kiyoinc.com
Kiyo Design Inc Stop in for your free ColorWorks CD and poster.
11 Annapolis St. Free ColorWorks CD with each Web order,
Annapolis, Md 21401 just type "CW CD" in the comments field.

Michael Stiler

26 Apr 1996, 03:00:0026/04/1996
kiy...@ibm.net writes:

>In <4lkc5b$1t...@alum01.its.rpi.edu>, won...@alum01.its.rpi.edu (Robert Wong) writes:

.
. snipped
.

>>Robert Wong RPI Alumnus '85 (e-mail : won...@rpi.edu)

>Say Bob, what's your degree in?

>Cory Hamasaki

Hey Cory! I understand that Robert W(r)ong has a BS, MA, PhD -
you know, Bull S**t, More Around, Piled higer and Deeper!

Mike

--
Michael D. Stiler Sysdate Consulting Services ::internet sti...@netcom.com
NRA LifeMember AMA LifeMember AOPA DAN Retreads HOG TeamOS/2 Bagpiper

Joseph Coughlan

26 Apr 1996, 03:00:0026/04/1996

In article <4ldec7$3j...@news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net> jpe...@dgenesis.com (Jason Perlow) writes:
>In article <4la9i7$e...@reader2.ix.netcom.com>,

>Anyone here, regardless of what OS they use, or who's

>side of the camp they are on, would agree
>this rampant disregard for Internet etiquette as well as
>poor representation of their company
>with this kind of behavior warrants a termination as
>well as castigation by the participants in this forum.
>
>Jason Perlow

Jason,

Think of the consequences.

--
-- Dr. Joseph C. Coughlan, jcou...@gaia.arc.nasa.gov

Joseph Coughlan

26 Apr 1996, 03:00:0026/04/1996

In article <4lkc5b$1t...@alum01.its.rpi.edu> won...@alum01.its.rpi.edu (Robert Wong) writes:
>My response:

>He is more of a OPEN Systems advocate than
>some of these OS/2 zealots will ever be. It never ceases to
>amaze me that people can bash Windows 95 and NT and NEVEr
>even used it.

I'm amazed that a person who has NT an win95 loaded on his system is
posting on COOA. I am astounded that thtat sam person is calling
himself a OS/2 advocate. It's not on your PC.

>I think the real truth is that these zealots are AFRAID
>that some OS/2 users might try other operating system and
>might actually like it. That is the real reason for
>constant Windows bashing.

Since MS has had the dominate market position I find your story quite
puzzeling Robert. Most all OS/2 users are former windows users and
they can still run windows in OS/2 as win-OS/2. We encourage people to
try things -- we discourage Windows advocates from posting Windows
advocay on COOA or any other non MS news group.

OS2...@pop.tiac.net

26 Apr 1996, 03:00:0026/04/1996

Frankly Jason after reading the quotes of IRC that Red, himself, supplied
to the forum, you certainly have ample grounds to pursue the issue. Since
Red does NOT have the decency to admit his conduct was vulgar and bordered
on criminal harassment, I think IBM should know about it. They definitely
disapprove of this street-type behavior.

joe....@cpaol.com

26 Apr 1996, 03:00:0026/04/1996

jo...@eco.arc.nasa.gov wrote in a message to :

je> Since MS has had the dominate market position I find your story
je> quite puzzeling Robert. Most all OS/2 users are former windows
je> users and they can still run windows in OS/2 as win-OS/2. We
je> encourage people to try things -- we discourage Windows advocates
je> from posting Windows advocay on COOA or any other non MS news group.

Very good, I think this sums it up very well !

Most of us don't read c.o.o.a or any of the other
OS/2 related newsgroups for Windows advocacy.
People looking for Windows advocacy expect
to find it in the Windows related newsgroups.
The energy some of these Windows advocates waste
flaming OS/2 users in OS/2 related newsgroups would
accomplish much more by helping their friends
in the Windows newsgroups.

Of course, some of these Windows advocates that spend
all their time flaming in OS/2 newsgroups may not want
to help their fellow Windows users or any one else.
They may just have serious problems dealing with
real people and need to flame people from the safety
of their computer screens.

Sad, but, perhaps some of these poor individuals
were ridiculed a lot during their childhood and
now seek revenge in the virtual world of newsgroups
and IRC. One thing for sure, anyone that can't
make a post without referring to everyone that
disagrees with them as a zealot, or some other
derogatory remark, does have some type of
personality deficiency.

Have a nice day,
Joe

redn...@netcom.com

26 Apr 1996, 03:00:0026/04/1996
>--
>-- Dr. Joseph C. Coughlan, jcou...@gaia.arc.nasa.gov

Somehow, I dont think he thinks of the consequences, because he
lives for today. Whats the best opportunity for today, he must ask
himself frequently.

He is not an OS/2 Advocate, and therefore, I ask why he is here
or why he insists upon coming into the #OS/2 channel and spouting
off about Windows NT.

Again, as noted above, he is calling for my termination from IBM
for the views and opinions I express on my own time. He is out of
control.

RedNivek

Nick Marc

27 Apr 1996, 03:00:0027/04/1996

-> From: joe....@cpaol.com

->
[...]

"Well said!" to both of you! You'd think the HYDEs, LEBLANCs,
URBANSKIs, UNDERWOODs, GLATTs, WONGs, LUCIENs, etc., could be
of far more assistance to their own supporters yet they have
this compulsion and need to ride OS/2 UseNets and FUD the
world to death.

kiy...@ibm.net

28 Apr 1996, 03:00:0028/04/1996
Sounds like it. Damages, do I hear the pitter-patter of the feet of
the king of torts?