Announce: CWSDPMI r5 update

Charles Sandmann

Aug 21, 2008, 11:37:47 PM8/21/08
A release candidate for CWSDPMI r5 update 2008 is available from:

http://clio.rice.edu/djgpp/csdpmi5b_u.zip

This release contains bug fixes previous released in 2002 (in Symantec
Ghost, and by request) - and SSE support. This is mostly a compile
and release - almost no testing. Based on testing over the next several
weeks, this may become the new official r5 distribution.

Unless you are trying to use SSE you probably won't notice a difference.

Please drop me a note if you find some horrible new bug that should
prevent release.

Thanks.

Martin Str|mberg

Aug 23, 2008, 8:12:51 AM8/23/08
Charles Sandmann <cws...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> A release candidate for CWSDPMI r5 update 2008 is available from:

> http://clio.rice.edu/djgpp/csdpmi5b_u.zip

> This release contains bug fixes previous released in 2002 (in Symantec
> Ghost, and by request) - and SSE support. This is mostly a compile
> and release - almost no testing. Based on testing over the next several
> weeks, this may become the new official r5 distribution.

It would be good if you could indicate which bugs are fixed. All at
<http://clio.rice.edu/cwsdpmi/knownbug.html>? Or just 3-5? Or none?

--
MartinS

Charles Sandmann

Aug 24, 2008, 12:26:48 AM8/24/08
"Martin Str|mberg" <a...@brother.ludd.ltu.se> wrote in message

Bugs 3-5, plus SSE support, plus new contact information (since the clio
email now bounces)
It does seem I should update the bug web page ...

Messing with the stack size seemed risky. There was a plea for fixing the
SSE
support for some applications now using it (even though there are other DPMI
providers available, there was a desire for the stability and virtual memory
support in CWSDPMI).

When I refresh r6 I'll probably put the stack size stuff in it, so we'll be
down
to two releases.