GetPixel(..) unsupported?

1 view

Alexander Mahr

Mar 10, 2003, 2:03:33 PM3/10/03
Hello Newsgroup,

Recently I read the win32 documentation in the msdn and I found this

<quote msdn>
Not all devices support GetPixel. An application should call GetDeviceCaps
to determine whether a specified device supports this function.
<end quote>

1. I can't find the correct way to use GetDeviceCaps to determine wether
GetPixel is supported by the device.
2.Assuming its a memory device which is more or less a construct of windows
itself why should GetPixel not work?
3.What exactly are devices which don't know the GetPixel function generally
dc of printers or display dcs?

Well please correct me but in my opinion using GetPixel should be save when
dealing with memory DC and display DCs
shouldn't it?

Comment Help Ideas concerning this WANTED

Cu and thanks Alexander

Tim Robinson

Mar 10, 2003, 3:00:56 PM3/10/03
Alexander Mahr <mahr...@gmx.de> wrote:
| Well please correct me but in my opinion using GetPixel should be
| save when dealing with memory DC and display DCs
| shouldn't it?

MSDN is talking about printers. It makes no sense for, say, a plotter to
support GetPixel, yet you can still interface with plotters via GDI.
GetPixel on a display device will be safe.

--
Tim Robinson, MVP (Windows SDK)