How to program a quiet copying?

nandotelles

Mar 28, 2006, 10:31:55 AM3/28/06
Hi there,

I have some kids at home who insist in bringing in prohibetd files to
my computer. I need to know what thery are seeing. But, in order to do
it, I realized that the best way is to make a copy, in silence, of the
files they execute. To be more specific, there´s this file called
house.ppt, which is often opened through Power Point application. Is
there a way of making a copy of this file into a folder I select? I
mean, is there a way of programming this in any known programming
language?

zhupf

Mar 28, 2006, 12:58:13 PM3/28/06
Yes. Under the windows platform, you can use SHChangeNotifyRegister and
SHChangeNotifyDeregister.

zhupf

Kellie Fitton

Mar 28, 2006, 2:26:33 PM3/28/06

nandotelles

Mar 28, 2006, 3:46:58 PM3/28/06
Thank you for helping me with that information but, where do I download
Win XP SDK?
Fernando

Kellie Fitton

Mar 28, 2006, 4:11:53 PM3/28/06

The following weblink should help you out:

http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/XPSP2FULLInstall.htm

Kellie.

nandotelles

Mar 29, 2006, 10:38:32 AM3/29/06
Thank you Kellie,

I´ve just downloaded and installed those files. I know I´ll have to
learn it all of from scratch in order to implement this software, but
do I have to install this SDK environment in every machine I want to
run the programs I create with it?

Fernando

Scott McPhillips [MVP]

Mar 29, 2006, 10:48:47 AM3/29/06

No.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

nandotelles

Mar 31, 2006, 8:07:04 PM3/31/06
Ok, the software requires you to have some knowledge in the programming
language it interpretes. And now I´m asking myself: how should I
proceed in order to have a file copied everytime it is open in a
certain software under Windows XP plataform? can anybody help me?

Lucian Wischik

Mar 31, 2006, 8:43:45 PM3/31/06

Ask your kids! Maybe they know enough about computers to help you!

(But seriously, your task involves knowing how to program and how to
program Windows. To learn enough to solve the problem yourself would
take probably one year of classes, reading books and doing homework.
Fortunately zhupf already answered your question in the thread, so it
will only take you two months of classes, reading books and doing
homework to understand his answer. If that's too much, then you'll
have to pay someone to write the software for you. I'd guess that $500
would be reasonable -- but I'm not going to do it.)

--
Lucian

nandotelles

Apr 4, 2006, 8:48:18 AM4/4/06
Hahaha! Hey, I´m not that newbie. I do php programming for more than 3
years now. The only thing I need is some basic steps to use that
software. Something like a cake recipe. And by the way, as long as I
know, these groups are intended to be a space where people share
knowledge. Don´t you think. If it takes me hours, days or months to do
that task, I´ll do it. Cause I´m sure I only need to know how to
start.

Thank you anyway.