Screencam

Tan Wooi Tong

Jul 27, 1994, 1:22:11 PM7/27/94
I was attracted by a short article in June 28 1994 issue of PC Magazine
regarding Lotus ScreenCam for Windows.

Does anybody have experience with or any comments about this program?
Is there a more detail info source regarding this?

Regards,

W.T.Tan
w...@exsoft.pc.my

Steve Loughran

Aug 2, 1994, 8:53:10 AM8/2/94
Tan Wooi Tong (w...@exsoft.pc.my) wrote:
> I was attracted by a short article in June 28 1994 issue of PC Magazine
> regarding Lotus ScreenCam for Windows.

> Does anybody have experience with or any comments about this program?
> Is there a more detail info source regarding this?

It's cute. It records all repaints and lets you talk at the same time,
then send it to someone else. The files start out pretty big if you
have a 1024x768x8 display with a 256 colour bitmap, and audio makes
things worse-ish.

It could be useful for:
-animated tutorials
-sending in bug reports (if you've got a reproducible, record it
and send it in instead of trying to explain it over the
phone.
-discussing documents/figures ...the cursor is recorded so you
can point & talk about things.
-recipient doesnt need a copy.

Minus points
-could save space by hiding the background bitmap
-clips the screen if played back on a lower res device
Sometimes shrinking would be better
-doesn't allow you to just select a single window/task to
record
-I couldn't work out how to change the sound quality

For more info: try Lotus or one of their dealers.

-Steve