Looking for C-Shell on NT

Jeffrey B. Firestone

Jul 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/21/95

>As a newbie NT user I'm looking for a C-Shell (csh) or Bourne-Shell (sh) on my
>NT computer. Does anyone know if there are tools for Windows NT?

The Hamilton C-Shell is very well respected. Call Hamilton
Laboratories at (508) 440-8307.

Also check out the NT FAQ:

http://www.shore.net/~wihl/unix2nt.html

Kim Letkeman

Jul 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/22/95
In article <3unpnj$b...@hdxx05.telecom.ptt.nl> m.ens...@telecom.ptt.nl (Marc Enschede) writes:

| As a newbie NT user I'm looking for a C-Shell (csh) or Bourne-Shell
| (sh) on my NT computer. Does anyone know if there are tools for
| Windows NT?

A lot of GNU stuff has found its way onto NT, but I don't know if BASH
is there yet.

Hamilton laboratories has a C Shell for NT that is probably the best
shell of its type. It runs on NT Intel, NT Alpha, and OS/2. I'm not
sure if he's got it ported to the other RISC platforms yet. Very
powerful C Shell with tons of built in commands.

MKS (Mortice Kern Systems) has a lot of NT tools. Their toolkit with
the Korn shell is on intel and alpha platforms. They include a full
set of tools, including sed and awk, everyone's favourite text
processing tools.

MKS also has a full array of database and source control tools for NT.

hamilton on BIX

Jul 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/27/95
k...@Mitel.COM (Kim Letkeman) writes:

>Hamilton laboratories has a C Shell for NT that is probably the best
>shell of its type. It runs on NT Intel, NT Alpha, and OS/2. I'm not
>sure if he's got it ported to the other RISC platforms yet. Very
>powerful C Shell with tons of built in commands.

Thank you very much, Kim, for the very kind recommendation. Hamilton
C shell is indeed shipping for all the NT platforms. I've tried to make
good on a promise to my customers that with each new Win32 platform,
that I'd be there before they were.

I began shipping for Intel in July 1992, for MIPS in August 1992, for
Alpha in December 1992 and for PowerPC in August 1994. I think there
may have been a handful of other vendors also beginning shipments for
Intel and MIPS when I did, but I know for a fact mine was the first
product to ship for Alpha and PowerPC. I even have one other (to remain
unnamed) NT RISC port completed and running and just waiting for that
system vendor to release from the NDA.

Regards,
Doug Hamilton KD1UJ hami...@bix.com Ph 508-440-8307 FAX 508-440-8308
Hamilton Laboratories, 21 Shadow Oak Drive, Sudbury, MA 01776-3165, USA