Can I redefine "My Documents" in Win 2000?

Bob Schor

Aug 6, 2001, 11:03:57 AM8/6/01
I'm taking the "opportunity" caused by a crashed Win98 system disk to move
to Windows 2000. In Windows 98, I had set most of my applications to use D:
as the default data drive, more-or-less substituting for C:\My Documents.
In Windows 2000, the "My Documents" folder is buried even deeper -- it is in
"Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents". Is there a way to change
things so that D: is specified instead? I figured out how to move %Temp and
%Tmp out of Documents and Settings (to F:\Temp). I'm willing to hack the
registry ...

Bob Schor

Frank GoBell

Aug 6, 2001, 10:36:49 PM8/6/01
"Bob Schor" <bsc...@pitt.edu> wrote in message

--

1. Right-click My Documents (on the desktop), and then click Properties.
2. In the Target box, type the new path to the My Documents folder, or click

3. Click Yes to move files from the old My Documents location to the new
location, or click No if you do not want to move these files. Note that
clicking No does not delete the files in the old location, but means they
are no longer visible from My Documents after the change.

Frank GoBell, MCSE+Internet