Starting a service from a windows network drive gives me an error "The system cannot find the path specified."

lat....@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2009, 8:37:10 AM3/23/09

I have a service in a mapped network folder in Win 2003 server. While
I am starting this service I am getting "The system cannot find the
path specified" error message.

Can't we run a service which is present in a network folder?

Kindly let me know if there is any way that I can start the service
present in a mapped network folder.

Thanks

Idcrisis

Mar 25, 2009, 4:11:46 AM3/25/09
The service connects to the network location using the 'Local System'
account which may not have access. You can do either of two things:

- Change the logon account of the service
OR
- Add the machine CLIENTHOSTNAME$ in the network security tab for the
folder or share. You might need to click on Advanced->Add->Object Types
and check the 'Computers' option in addition to the 'Users' and 'Groups'

Cheers,
Id