Httpd connection problem

1 view

Riot77

Dec 10, 2005, 4:53:46 PM12/10/05
Hi- first I whould like to say that I'm impressed with minix 3.
It is realy simple, and nice to novice like me.
I whould like someone to help me with problem with httpd.

I have dowloaded the httpd from minix3.org website with easypack
(which I had first reinstall to solve the bug). Then I installed httpd
into
the system, copy httpd.conf and httpd.mtype files into /etc. I created
the index.htm file and put it into /usr/www. I started
the httpd like it was written into README and man pages:

# tcpd http /usr/local/bin/in.httpd &

I connect from another computer trough web, the page is blank, and
in minix is written:

# tcpd http: Unable to listen: Connection timed out

If someone could help me please.

Thank you
Riot77
It is better to be young and stupid than beeing just stupid!

Riot77

Dec 12, 2005, 9:35:06 AM12/12/05
Anybody?

James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)

Dec 13, 2005, 12:06:01 PM12/13/05
Sorry, what was the question again?

The Grue

"Riot77" <sandi.c...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Anybody?

Ben Gras

Dec 15, 2005, 8:20:15 AM12/15/05
All,

> Hi- first I whould like to say that I'm impressed with minix 3.
> It is realy simple, and nice to novice like me.
> I whould like someone to help me with problem with httpd.
>
> I have dowloaded the httpd from minix3.org website with easypack
> (which I had first reinstall to solve the bug). Then I installed httpd
> into
> the system, copy httpd.conf and httpd.mtype files into /etc. I created
> the index.htm file and put it into /usr/www. I started
> the httpd like it was written into README and man pages:
>
> # tcpd http /usr/local/bin/in.httpd &
>
> I connect from another computer trough web, the page is blank, and
> in minix is written:
>
> # tcpd http: Unable to listen: Connection timed out
>
> If someone could help me please.

Hm, if I try the above on my minix machine here it works okay. Perhaps
it would help to debug the problem if you could telnet to your minix,
and try the request manually, and see how far you get?

=Ben

Riot77

Dec 16, 2005, 8:49:05 AM12/16/05
If I create telnetd, it also write "Unable to listen: Connection timed
out".
Where could be the problem.

James T. Sprinkle (The Grue): If you cannot understand the question,
then I cannot help you.

Ben Gras

Dec 16, 2005, 8:58:50 AM12/16/05
All,

> If I create telnetd, it also write "Unable to listen: Connection timed
> out".
> Where could be the problem.

It's an error from tcpd. tcpd tries to accept a connection, on which
packets are seen coming in, but then fails to complete, hence the
error. This suggests packets come in but can't be sent back. You
could try simpler things (such as ping and traceroute) to ensure
basic connectivity first..?

=Ben

Riot77

Dec 16, 2005, 11:02:09 AM12/16/05
Ping is working OK, also there is no problem to connect to the internet
and downloading software packages from ww.minix3.org site.
I think that this behaves like there is some kind of a firewall that I
do not know.
It realy frustrate me when I'm so close to finish line, and there is
this silly problem.

James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)

Dec 19, 2005, 1:49:47 PM12/19/05
Oh, I could understand your problem if I could only see your initial post.
I only saw the "Re".