SWAP Partition in Linux

_Zach

Mar 31, 2005, 12:03:49 PM3/31/05
I am manually creating partitions in Linux - can someone tell me if SWAP
partition should be on Logical or Primary partition - or does it even
matter?

Mihai Osian

Mar 31, 2005, 12:34:36 PM3/31/05

It doesn't matter. And next time just try to use google before asking
on the newsgroup - you get the answers faster. For example I got this in
about 15 seconds: http://www.lissot.net/partition/Partition.html

Mihai

_Zach

Mar 31, 2005, 12:53:43 PM3/31/05
Mihai Osian wrote:

Oppps..thx anyhow.

_Zach

Mar 31, 2005, 1:02:46 PM3/31/05
Mihai Osian wrote:

Oppps..thx anyhow.

Bill Marcum

Mar 31, 2005, 1:34:49 PM3/31/05
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.]

Any of the partitions can be primary or logical.

--
"I deleted a file from my PC last week and I have just realized that I
need it. If I turn my system clock back two weeks will I have my file

Mr. Boy

Apr 1, 2005, 5:04:46 PM4/1/05
what really make a different is the partition size and the "position"
in the partition table, i mean that if you create your swaps as first
partitions your OS needs less time at the swapping process...

Good Luck! and use SGI XFS