Graphics format convertion command-line utilities ?

Nikita V. Youshchenko

Jul 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/5/97

I've notised that makefiles of many packages
use command-line tools to convert between different
graphics formats. I don't have those tools in my
system yet :-(, so I have to do convertions using XV,
manually...
Where to get conversion tools ? Help...

Colin Fox

Jul 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/6/97

RedHat (at least, the 4.1 release that I have) comes with a package
called ImageMagic which has a pant-load of converters. And a nice
interface to them - simply say "convert src dest" and it figures
out what to do by the extensions.

I think that it is freely available, but I don't know where you'd
find it.

Paw Mullit

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

Nikita V. Youshchenko (yo...@cs.msu.su) wrote:
> I've notised that makefiles of many packages
> use command-line tools to convert between different
> graphics formats. I don't have those tools in my

Search for "netpbm" or "pbmplus".
If you can't find it, I can send you an attachment of a precompiled package
I found a long time ago.
I absolutely prefer it to ImageAlchemy and similar packages since they rely
on a lot of libraries you have to install by yourself.

/Paw Mullit