Disabled: tcp_timestamps, tcp_window_scaling

Luis Bruno

Nov 18, 2010, 3:33:40 AM11/18/10
Hello,

Anyone else had to disable tcp_timestamps and/or tcp_window_scaling? I
have an important csutomer to whom the connections will stall unless I
travel back in time to 1996...

I'm trying to blackbox which hardware might cause this. Any war stories?

Kind regards,
--
Luis Bruno

Rick Jones

Nov 18, 2010, 5:22:15 PM11/18/10
Luis Bruno <me+xp...@lbruno.org> wrote:
> Anyone else had to disable tcp_timestamps and/or tcp_window_scaling?
> I have an important csutomer to whom the connections will stall
> unless I travel back in time to 1996...

> I'm trying to blackbox which hardware might cause this. Any war
> stories?

No personal war stories, but based on my recollections of discussions,
I would suggest you start with the firewalls, then look at any "WAN
accelerators" and finally the hosts themselves.

rick jones
There's only yourself. The belief is in your own precision. - Joubert