Re: Libranet

Message has been deleted

Don Zeigler

Mar 12, 2009, 11:58:00 PM3/12/09
everyman wrote:

> Anyone know where I can d/l or get a copy of Libranet? All the links I
> have tried from ftp servers are either broken or not accepting
> connections.

Why would you want it? I loved Libranet to death, but it's a dead distro.
--
Regards,
[dmz]

...If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call?

Message has been deleted

Don Zeigler

Mar 13, 2009, 7:26:14 PM3/13/09
everyman wrote:

> Anyone reply to a real answer to my question (I remember when this group
> was actually good)

I wasn't trying to be an asshole, I was simply curious.

Actually, I may still have my Libranet discs around here somewhere...

--
Regards,
[dmz]
Owner/proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

...If there were no golf balls, how would we measure hail?

Message has been deleted

Bill Marcum

Mar 14, 2009, 5:59:46 PM3/14/09
On 2009-03-14, everyman <ever...@greece.com> wrote:

> Don Zeigler <sit...@this.computer> wrote in
>
>> everyman wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>

> ok, sorry. I have an old laptop that Libranet is one of the few distros
> that run on it. I don't care if it's dead if I can get it to do what I
> want. probably I can't find it cuz the guys who developed it don't want
> it to be found.

Didn't Libranet become Xandros? I haven't used either distro, but I
think it was something like that.

Don Zeigler

Mar 14, 2009, 6:33:13 PM3/14/09
Bill Marcum wrote:

> Didn't Libranet become Xandros? I haven't used either distro, but I
> think it was something like that.

No, Xandros is the descendant of Corel Linux.

--
Average landing party: Kirk, McCoy, Spock and Ensign Monsterbait.

Regards,
Don Zeigler, owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

Grant Taylor

Mar 14, 2009, 11:02:04 PM3/14/09
On 3/14/2009 5:33 PM, Don Zeigler wrote:
> No, Xandros is the descendant of Corel Linux.

I wondered what had happened to Corel Linux. Now I know.

Grant. . . .

s. keeling

Mar 15, 2009, 4:13:50 PM3/15/09
Bill Marcum <marcu...@bellsouth.net>:

> Didn't Libranet become Xandros? I haven't used either distro, but I
> think it was something like that.

Libranet imploded when it's originator died and its other maintainer
(his son) decided his SO was more worth his time. Not a bad choice.

I wish them well. I met some valuable people through Libranet.

(*) http://www.xs4all.nl/~js/gnksa/ Linux Counter #80292