AutoResponder

Rob Fisher

Sep 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/2/96

Hi All,

Can anyone point me in the direction of an AutoResponder I can install on
Linux please?

LIA and Neptune Software
SA's leading USRobotics modem seller!
(031)705-4767 (082)490-0265 r...@dbn.lia.net
World Wide Web http://www.dbn.lia.net

Unix Consulting

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

Rob Fisher (r...@dbn.lia.net) wrote:
: Hi All,

:
: Can anyone point me in the direction of an AutoResponder I can install on
: Linux please?

For mail look for "procmail", for news look for "autorespond".

:

--
-------- Thomas Bullinger ------- Specializing in Linux systems --------
* Installation * Setup * Maintenance * Training * Software * Information

John Carroll

Sep 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/5/96
to r...@dbn.lia.net

Or if, like me, you can't deal with procmail and are willing to pay
$25, send the one-line message

send embot.shar

to em...@northcoast.com

You'll get the source code by return email in a couple of minutes. It
pretty much configures itself. However, if you're using it with
popclient, you'll also need a script to download your messages from
the popserver, then feed them one-by-one into Embot. Be glad to send
you my script if you need it. BTW: Embot was written by Dave Taylor,
who I believe also wrote Elm a long time ago. I've used it for a long
time now with no problems and a fair amount of traffic.

Good luck.

John Carroll