Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..?

ajkau...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2007, 7:51:51 AM6/12/07
Hi Dear,

Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..??
it hangs PC more than it cleans..

Try the new Spyware Doctor's Starter Edition NOW....!!!!

http://www.tigerzclub.com/spyware.htm

Moe Trin

Jun 12, 2007, 3:59:08 PM6/12/07
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, in the Usenet newsgroups comp.os.linux.hardware, in
article <1181649111.3...@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, and in
the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in article
<1181648704.6...@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, a st00pid
spammer spewed:

>Hi Dear,

Hi Spammer

---------
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:58:05 PDT
From: "Peter G. Neumann"
Subject: Flawed Symantec update cripples Chinese PCs

An erroneous Symantec antivirus signature update caused Norton Internet
Security 2007 and Norton 360 antivirus software to identify two critical
system files (netapi32.dll and lsasrv.dll) as the Backdoor.Haxdoo Trojan in
the Simplified Chinese version of Windows XP (with Service Pack 2 and a
particular patch), resulting in those files being quarantined. As a result,
millions of PCs throughout China were crippled, unable to be
rebooted. ``According to Symantec, the problem was caused when Symantec made
a change to the automated process used by the company's security response
team to detect malicious software.'' [Source: Article by Aaron Tan, CNET
News.com; PGN-ed]
http://news.com.com/Flawed+Symantec+update+cripples+Chinese+PCs/
2100-1002_3-6186271.html?tag=st.ref.goo
http://www.cctv.com/program/bizchina/20070524/103599.shtml
---------

>it hangs PC more than it cleans..

Of course - that's what you get for being st00pid enough to run windoze,
and counting on anti-malware to remove the bad stuff that you installed
by clicking OK on every warning message you see - but then mpst windoze
users think this is normal amd are continually amazed at the number of
viruses they have installed.

>Try the new Spyware Doctor's Starter Edition NOW....!!!!

and get more windoze viruses and malware installed faster than before!!!
And as a bonus, we'll send you tons of spam at no additional cost!!!

Old guy

LCC

Jun 24, 2007, 4:31:42 AM6/24/07

LCC

Jun 26, 2007, 12:49:50 PM6/26/07
On Jun 24, 3:31 am, LCC <cla...@comcast.net> wrote:
> DO NOT get S.D. see posting :
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.gene...
>
> Lonnie Courtney Clay

I take it back. I know nothing whatsoever about the capabilities of
Spyware Doctor because what I was running was almost certainly a
malware clone. See thread :

http://groups.google.com/group/lonnie-courtney-clay/browse_thread/thr...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Gary Dale