Another "LyriX-1.05" announcement

David L. Johnson

Sep 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/5/95
Unfortunately, the binary I uploaded to sunsite ahs disappeared, and I don't
know why. The one that is there, at 1024 bytes, is not going to help anyone.

So, you can pick the file up on my homepage. Look for linux. Also, it's
available on the author's web site:

http://www-pu.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/users/ettrich

I tried 1.05p1, but it did not compile correctly. The author will work on
that, I'm sure, soon. It was supposed to fix what might be a bad bug with
Motif-2.0 (does not affect Motif-1.2 users), but I see few if any symptoms of
this bug.

1.05 works very nicely, with only a few bugs. Reports are encouraged, of
course. I was able to use it for real work last night, without any problems.

``What-is-currently-known-as-LyriX'' is a word-processor front-end to LaTeX.
It has a wide range of formatting options, and will run LaTeX for you and print
oout your documents. Very nice system. Documentation is a little weak, but
will be forthcoming.

The strange reference is due to the fact that the name needs to be changed.
Seems there is another word-processor called ``Lyrix'' put out by SCO. This is
obviously not the same thing. Suggestions?

--

David L. Johnson dl...@lehigh.edu
Department of Mathematics http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html

--
Send comp.os.linux.announce submissions to: linux-a...@news.ornl.gov
PLEASE remember a short description of the software.