COMMERCIAL: InfoMagic November Linux Developer's Resource

Joel Goldberger

Dec 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/7/95

InfoMagic Linux Developer's Resource 5-CD Set November 1995

Current releases of the following distributions are included and all
have been mirrored from their homesites as of 18 November 1995:

* Slackware 3.0 (With all patches through 10/22/95)
* RedHat 2.1
* Debian 1.0 (Experimental ELF Distribution)

*JE as of 11/08/95 (also includes JF - Japanese FAQ's version 1.0)
*Kernel sources up to 1.2.13 and 1.3.42
*XFree86 3.1.2
*WINE Code (Microsoft Windows Emulator)
*COMMERCIAL DEMOS of new Linux Applications and Software!
> ANGOSS SmartWare PLUS (Fully functional)
> dBMAN by VersaSoft
> Cockpit File manager for X-Windows
> FLAGSHIP Application Development System
> BRU (Backup Utility)

Version numbers of some included tools:

GCC 2.7.0
GDB 4.14
Perl 5.001 (Slackware installs 4.036)
Emacs 19.29
Autoconf 2.5

Includes a completely rewritten "QuickStart" guide that describes the
installation and configuration process for the InfoMagic release, *not*
the "generic" installation guide .

As always, this release includes complete materials to install and run
LINUX. Includes the entire linux archives from tsx-11.mit.edu and
sunsite.unc.edu along with the complete GNU archive from prep.ai.mit.edu.

A LIVE filesystem is included for the popular Slackware distribution! Can
be run directly from the CD-ROM. All executables are uncompressed with
matching source tree.

Includes complete on-line documentation from the Linux Documentation Project!
The "Installation & Getting Started Guide" by Matt Welsh, the "Network
Administrators Guide", as well as all other documentation made available at
the archive sites.

The complete HOWTO docs are included with full-text search on any
topic ! All of these can be viewed with the Windows browser which we
have included. The full-text search facility is great for searching
for notes on hardware configurations or as a quick reference tool for
sending mail, printing & networking!

InfoMagic is pleased to offer free tech support via email to those who
need help getting started!

InfoMagic makes contributions to the following groups:

Free Software Foundation
XFree86 Project
Linux Documentation Project
Linux Grant Program

This 5-CD set sells for $25 and will be shipping this week (14
August). Domestic shipping (US & Canada) is $5.00; International
shipping is $10.00 We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express as
well as checks and money orders. This CD-set is updated every 2-4
months depending on the kernel release schedule. One year
subscriptions (6 releases) are available for $150.00 (domestic) or
$175 (international) including shipping.

We also offer the "Installation and Getting Started Guide" by Matt Welsh
for $12.50. This version is published for us by SSC.

Please contact us as shown below for more information or to order.

The readme files and complete file lists can be found at:
ftp.infomagic.com:/pub/cds/linux
http://www.infomagic.com/

Tel: 520-526-9565/800-800-6613 (within the US and Canada)
FAX: 520-526-9573
EMail: in...@InfoMagic.com

InfoMagic, Inc.
11950 N. Hwy 89
Flagstaff, AZ 86004

Slackware is a registered trademark of Patrick Volkerding. All other
trademarks are hereby acknowledged as the property of their respective
owners.

Finger wirz...@kruuna.helsinki.fi for PGP key needed for validating signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-a...@news.ornl.gov