[News] What Mono Does to GNU/Linux and GIMP

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Roy Schestowitz

未读,
2009年11月26日 12:37:112009/11/26
收件人

Saffire on Linux, KDE on Windows, No Gimp in Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I have a suspicion that this demonstrates how
| deeply Mono has become entrenched in Ubuntu.
| Gimp critics like to complain that it's not
| Adobe Photoshop. True, it lacks CMYK support and
| other features essential to producing very high-
| quality professional color prints. For
| everything else it's great, it makes excellent
| Web images and darned good color prints.
|
| How different is Gimp? Not very, I think the
| critics have never touched it. Virtually all
| image editing programs have similar toolsets,
| the brush, pencil, airbrush, bucket fill, crop,
| eraser, fonts, and so on. Higher-end ones
| support layers and bales of plugins and add-ons.
| I think what the critics really want is
| Photoshop for free just because it is expensive,
| like the trendy folks who only wear brand-name
| apparel with high price tags. Like paying more
| makes those denim jeans that came out of the
| same factories as the cheap ones wear better. At
| any rate anyone who has touched a decent image
| editing/paint program before will do fine in
| Gimp, and someone who has never used one has
| some learning to do. Requiring a user of a
| product to learn anything seems to be a criminal
| offense anymore.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-11-25-031-35-OS-CY

Recent:

GIMP Dropped From Ubuntu 10.04

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/11/19/1342230/GIMP-Dropped-From-Ubuntu-1004?art_pos=3

GIMP To Be Removed From Lucid; F-Spot Has Challengers

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/11/gimp-to-be-removed-lucid.html

GIMP to be dropped from Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

http://digitizor.com/2009/11/19/gimp-to-be-dropped-from-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx/

You don’t need GIMP (it’s too hard!) Try F-spot w/ Mono!

http://www.pwnage.ca/?p=325

Tim Smith

未读,
2009年11月26日 16:51:452009/11/26
收件人
In article <1887536.U...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> GIMP Dropped From Ubuntu 10.04

> GIMP To Be Removed From Lucid; F-Spot Has Challengers

> GIMP to be dropped from Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

GIMP is not being removed from 10.04. You know this. Why do you keep
lying about it?

--
--Tim Smith

ray

未读,
2009年11月26日 18:55:432009/11/26
收件人

So what difference does it make? They won't drop it from the
repositories, so if it isn't installed by default it's quite trivial to
install.

Tim Smith

未读,
2009年11月26日 23:22:512009/11/26
收件人
In article <7n8iruF3...@mid.individual.net>, ray <r...@zianet.com>
wrote:

Right. It makes no difference at all. The decision as to what should be
in the default was reached by broad consensus among the Ubuntu
developers and other interested parties. They even had the meeting open
to remote access, so people could participate without actually traveling
to the conference.

Roy, though, has decided to paint this as GIMP being removed from
Ubuntu, at the behest of infiltrators from Novell/Microosft, in some
kind of shady, back-door way.

One must wonder, if Roy and his minions are so interested in the package
makeup of Ubuntu, why they didn't bother to participate in the developer
summit. Perhaps because it would be harder to misrepresent what happened
if they had actually participated.

--
--Tim Smith

JEDIDIAH

未读,
2009年11月27日 09:37:072009/11/27
收件人
On 2009-11-27, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

> In article <7n8iruF3...@mid.individual.net>, ray <r...@zianet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:51:45 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
>>
>> > In article <1887536.U...@schestowitz.com>,
>> > Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
[deletia]

> Roy, though, has decided to paint this as GIMP being removed from
> Ubuntu, at the behest of infiltrators from Novell/Microosft, in some
> kind of shady, back-door way.

...the only people that seem to be making noises like that are the Lemming
Trolls...

...and there is the issue of "removed from the point of view of an old
slackware user" versus "removed from the point of view of a recent Vista
user" to consider.

--
In a "stable" but "inconsistent" system, the end user only |||
has to adapt once rather than needing to adapt any time a / | \

ray

未读,
2009年11月27日 11:43:562009/11/27
收件人
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:22:51 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <7n8iruF3...@mid.individual.net>, ray <r...@zianet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:51:45 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

>> > GIMP is not being removed from 10.04. You know this. Why do you keep
>> > lying about it?
>>
>> So what difference does it make? They won't drop it from the
>> repositories, so if it isn't installed by default it's quite trivial to
>> install.
>
> Right. It makes no difference at all. The decision as to what should be
> in the default was reached by broad consensus among the Ubuntu
> developers and other interested parties. They even had the meeting open
> to remote access, so people could participate without actually traveling
> to the conference.
>
> Roy, though, has decided to paint this as GIMP being removed from
> Ubuntu, at the behest of infiltrators from Novell/Microosft, in some
> kind of shady, back-door way.

Can't really comment on that - I kill-filed Shitzmepantz years ago.

Chris Ahlstrom

未读,
2009年11月27日 12:12:472009/11/27
收件人
ray pulled this Usenet boner:

Crazy stuff from Tim. I think he is nuttier than he thinks Roy is.

Seriously.

He's become as annoying and whiny as "Hadron" was.

--
You could live a better life, if you had a better mind and a better body.

ray

未读,
2009年11月27日 12:14:292009/11/27
收件人
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:12:47 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> ray pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:22:51 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
>>
>>> One must wonder, if Roy and his minions are so interested in the
>>> package makeup of Ubuntu, why they didn't bother to participate in the
>>> developer summit. Perhaps because it would be harder to misrepresent
>>> what happened if they had actually participated.
>
> Crazy stuff from Tim. I think he is nuttier than he thinks Roy is.
>
> Seriously.
>
> He's become as annoying and whiny as "Hadron" was.

Hardon was?? What changed?

Tim Smith

未读,
2009年11月27日 14:20:242009/11/27
收件人
In article <hep0sb$b2a$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:

> ray pulled this Usenet boner:
>
> > On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:22:51 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
> >
> >> One must wonder, if Roy and his minions are so interested in the package
> >> makeup of Ubuntu, why they didn't bother to participate in the developer
> >> summit. Perhaps because it would be harder to misrepresent what happened
> >> if they had actually participated.
>
> Crazy stuff from Tim. I think he is nuttier than he thinks Roy is.
>
> Seriously.

Roy has written several articles complaining about how Microsoft and
Novell got GIMP "removed" from Ubuntu. What exactly do you think is
nutty about wondering why he didn't participate in the deverlop's summit
if he is so interested in the package makeup?

Yet again, Chris jumps in to a topic he knows nothing about, in order to
defend Roy's FUD about Ubunutu.

--
--Tim Smith

Hadron

未读,
2009年11月27日 14:28:592009/11/27
收件人
ray <r...@zianet.com> writes:

Still am. And will continue to be Raytard... :-;

But the more important thing is why are you not correcting Liarsuck?

Tim has proven Roy to be telling lies and Liarsuck is calling Tim
annoying and accusing him of lying. Where are YOU putting the truth
before lies regarding to "Shitzmepants" as you call him? You had the
potential to be a real advocate.

Hadron

未读,
2009年11月27日 14:37:202009/11/27
收件人
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

In another post he is calling you a loony and a liar. The guy is
insane. He is also stating that 7 contributes more and knows more about
Linux. I think he might have cracked. He's a nasty little man and he
knows no limits : hence his calling people "cunts" and "fuckheads" when
he loses the plot. Hence his unwarranted attacks on Jorge Schilling.

I find it astonishing that the sycophantic little suck up demands links
from you and then refuses to read anything you link on his Master's web
site. If denial were a virtue then Ahlstrom would be sitting at the side
of God instead of shoving his head as far up Roy's arse as he possibly
can.

JEDIDIAH

未读,
2009年11月27日 15:55:032009/11/27
收件人
On 2009-11-27, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

> In article <hep0sb$b2a$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>
>> ray pulled this Usenet boner:

>> Crazy stuff from Tim. I think he is nuttier than he thinks Roy is.
>>
>> Seriously.
>
> Roy has written several articles complaining about how Microsoft and
> Novell got GIMP "removed" from Ubuntu. What exactly do you think is

He did no such thing.

[deletia]

You are grossly misrepresenting Roy's rants based on the assumption
that none of us will actually go seek them out and read them for ourselves.

--
...as if the ability to run Cubase ever made or broke a platform.
/ | \

Sinister Midget

未读,
2009年11月27日 16:31:142009/11/27
收件人
On 2009-11-27, ray <r...@zianet.com> claimed:

> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:12:47 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>> He's become as annoying and whiny as "Hadron" was.
>
> Hardon was?? What changed?

He changed. Now he's a completely worthless piece of shit, whiny or
not.

--
"How to Catch Worms" by Earl E. Byrd

ray

未读,
2009年11月27日 17:00:582009/11/27
收件人

Thank you, but I'll pick my battle rather than having you pick them for
me.

Tim Smith

未读,
2009年11月28日 00:58:352009/11/28
收件人
In article <hep99v$bpn$2...@hadron.eternal-september.org>,

Hadron<hadro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tim has proven Roy to be telling lies and Liarsuck is calling Tim
> annoying and accusing him of lying. Where are YOU putting the truth

Speaking of Roy, he's getting even more insane. He's now ranting against
providing contraceptives and family planning information to African
women. He seems to think this might be connected to Microsoft and
Monsanto's plans to colonize Africa.

He's also discovered that Microsoft employs a PR firm, and seems to
think this is some kind of smoking gun. It will be fun to see how he
reacts when he finds out Redhat employs a PR firm, too, since he seems
to think Redhat is the great white hope against Novell.

--
--Tim Smith

Hadron

未读,
2009年11月28日 02:46:402009/11/28
收件人
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

Are his views also those of Manchester University who he purports to
represent?

I am sure that Liarsuck, as Roy's PR, can let us know.

Hadron

未读,
2009年11月28日 02:57:172009/11/28
收件人
ray <r...@zianet.com> writes:

The question still stands. I am not picking your battles but do try to
grow a set and call a spade a spade.

Hadron

未读,
2009年11月28日 02:59:232009/11/28
收件人
Sinister Midget <fardb...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2009-11-27, ray <r...@zianet.com> claimed:
>> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:12:47 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>>> He's become as annoying and whiny as "Hadron" was.
>>
>> Hardon was?? What changed?
>
> He changed. Now he's a completely worthless piece of shit, whiny or
> not.

Any comment about Roy's lies?

No?

Surprise.

Tim Smith

未读,
2009年11月28日 03:08:112009/11/28
收件人
In article <slrnhh0f5...@nomad.mishnet>,

JEDIDIAH <je...@nomad.mishnet> wrote:
> > Roy has written several articles complaining about how Microsoft and
> > Novell got GIMP "removed" from Ubuntu. What exactly do you think is
>
> He did no such thing.
>
> [deletia]
>
> You are grossly misrepresenting Roy's rants based on the assumption
> that none of us will actually go seek them out and read them for ourselves.

Examples:

<http://boycottnovell.com/2009/06/21/gimp-vs-fspot-in-ubuntu/>

<http://boycottnovell.com/2009/11/20/gimp-removed-from-ubuntu/>

Also several rants in his IRC logs, which I'll leave for you to find.

--
--Tim Smith

Rick

未读,
2009年11月28日 07:12:362009/11/28
收件人

Does he purport to represent Manchester University?

> I am sure that Liarsuck, as Roy's PR, can let us know.

... and there's Quark's mentality.

--
Rick

Chris Ahlstrom

未读,
2009年11月28日 07:42:502009/11/28
收件人
ray pulled this Usenet boner:

> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:28:59 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>
>> ray <r...@zianet.com> writes:

>>> Hardon was?? What changed?
>>
>> Still am. And will continue to be Raytard... :-;
>>
>> But the more important thing is why are you not correcting Liarsuck?
>>
>> Tim has proven Roy to be telling lies and Liarsuck is calling Tim
>> annoying and accusing him of lying. Where are YOU putting the truth
>> before lies regarding to "Shitzmepants" as you call him? You had the
>> potential to be a real advocate.
>
> Thank you, but I'll pick my battle rather than having you pick them for
> me.

Sigh. The hiatus from that noisy childish lying prick is over.

--
I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a
week sometimes to make it up.

JEDIDIAH

未读,
2009年11月28日 11:46:452009/11/28
收件人
On 2009-11-28, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

> In article <slrnhh0f5...@nomad.mishnet>,
> JEDIDIAH <je...@nomad.mishnet> wrote:
>> > Roy has written several articles complaining about how Microsoft and
>> > Novell got GIMP "removed" from Ubuntu. What exactly do you think is
>>
>> He did no such thing.
>>
>> [deletia]
>>
>> You are grossly misrepresenting Roy's rants based on the assumption
>> that none of us will actually go seek them out and read them for ourselves.
>
> Examples:
>
><http://boycottnovell.com/2009/06/21/gimp-vs-fspot-in-ubuntu/>

...which still does not conform to your attempt to slander Roy.

[deletia]

You can't even be trusted to accurately represent Roy's ranting
on "Boycott Novell" either. Imagine that. No one should be
surprised really...

--
It's a great paradox. |||
/ | \

Tim Smith

未读,
2009年11月28日 13:56:482009/11/28
收件人
In article <slrnhh2kv...@nomad.mishnet>,

JEDIDIAH <je...@nomad.mishnet> wrote:
> You can't even be trusted to accurately represent Roy's ranting
> on "Boycott Novell" either. Imagine that. No one should be
> surprised really...

The big non-surprise here is that you didn't bother to read the links
provided, as usual.

--
--Tim Smith

chrisv

未读,
2009年11月28日 14:02:512009/11/28
收件人
ray wrote:

> Thank you, but I'll pick my battle rather than having you pick them for
> me.

Any need to quote Quack's bile?

chrisv

未读,
2009年11月28日 14:04:022009/11/28
收件人
JEDIDIAH wrote:

> Timmy wrote:
>>
>> Roy has written several articles complaining about how Microsoft and
>> Novell got GIMP "removed" from Ubuntu. What exactly do you think is
>
> He did no such thing.
>
> [deletia]
>
> You are grossly misrepresenting Roy's rants based on the assumption
> that none of us will actually go seek them out and read them for
> ourselves.

Timmy is an immoral, dishonest fsck.

Roy Schestowitz

未读,
2009年11月29日 04:46:492009/11/29
收件人

Roy Schestowitz

未读,
2009年11月29日 04:48:062009/11/29
收件人

JEDIDIAH

未读,
2009年11月29日 12:19:172009/11/29
收件人
On 2009-11-29, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> ____/ chrisv on Saturday 28 Nov 2009 19:04 : \____
>
>> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> He did no such thing.
>
> I did not.

...if I got it right, I believe that you posted it was to Microsoft's
advantage and you mentioned that there was a guy from Micorsoft involved
in the process. He was a product of employee churn.

However, there was no "grand conspiracy theory" claimed.

There was also a nice graph that seemed to be trying to demonstrate the
point that perpetuating mono would help Microsoft accumulate more control
over programming interfaces including those used by Free Software and Linux.

--
It's not the size of the CPU, it's how you use it. |||
/ | \

JEDIDIAH

未读,
2009年11月29日 12:16:192009/11/29
收件人
On 2009-11-28, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

Don't kid yourself.

Hadron

未读,
2009年11月29日 13:28:472009/11/29
收件人
JEDIDIAH <je...@nomad.mishnet> writes:

> On 2009-11-28, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
>>

>> In article <slrnhh2kv...@nomad.mishnet>,
>> JEDIDIAH <je...@nomad.mishnet> wrote:
>>> You can't even be trusted to accurately represent Roy's ranting
>>> on "Boycott Novell" either. Imagine that. No one should be
>>> surprised really...
>>
>> The big non-surprise here is that you didn't bother to read the links
>> provided, as usual.
>
> Don't kid yourself.

He doesn't have to. It's quite obvious you did not read them. Roy's
dishonest ranting is adequately displayed in those links. It is no
surprise you did not, like Ahlstrom, bother to read them.

It is NOT a conspiracy to remove a huge powerful, user unfriendly
graphics package like Gimp in a standard home desktop install. If you
want it later then it's there to install quickly enough.

The great majority of people want to remove red eye, crop and possibly
resize. Nothing more, nothing less.

Luckily the people TRYING to advocate and improve Linux' perception
realise that. And even more luckily you and Liarmutt and co contribute
ZERO to the development of Linux. if you could you would keep it in the
stone age and guard your secrets carefully with a mixture of rtfm and
cold shoulder.

Tim Smith

未读,
2009年11月29日 14:47:162009/11/29
收件人
In article <slrnhh5b8...@nomad.mishnet>,

JEDIDIAH <je...@nomad.mishnet> wrote:
> ...if I got it right, I believe that you posted it was to Microsoft's
> advantage and you mentioned that there was a guy from Micorsoft involved
> in the process. He was a product of employee churn.

You've missed an important step. According to BN, former Microsoft
employees are usually really agents sent to infiltrate other companies,
to push the Microsoft agenda. Their loyalty remains with Microsoft.

> However, there was no "grand conspiracy theory" claimed.

You really should try reading BN for a month or two (its easy if you use
the RSS feed--only takes a few minutes a day), and skim the IRC logs.
You'll find in fact that they do think there is a grand conspiracy. It
is quite entertaining--and spectacular just how widespread they think
the conspiracy is.

--
--Tim Smith

Roy Schestowitz

未读,
2009年11月29日 21:42:322009/11/29
收件人

____/ JEDIDIAH on Sunday 29 Nov 2009 17:19 : \____

> On 2009-11-29, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>

>> ____/ chrisv on Saturday 28 Nov 2009 19:04 : \____

>> I did not.
>
> ...if I got it right, I believe that you posted it was to Microsoft's
> advantage and you mentioned that there was a guy from Micorsoft involved
> in the process. He was a product of employee churn.

He worked with the Visual Studio people for a long while (IIRC), so I assume he
still prefers .NET for some things. He wrote about F-Spot (Mono) as reason
to drop GIMP when the idea first came up in the Wiki.

> However, there was no "grand conspiracy theory" claimed.

"Conspiracy theory" is one of those terms used to describe ideas people dislike.

> There was also a nice graph that seemed to be trying to demonstrate the
> point that perpetuating mono would help Microsoft accumulate more control
> over programming interfaces including those used by Free Software and Linux.

Or take it from the source, Microsoft's own evangelism document (now leaked):

"Every line of code that is written to our standards is a small victory;
every line of code that is written to any other standard, is a small defeat."

--James Plamondon, Microsoft Technical Evangelist. From
Exhibit 3096; Comes v. Microsoft litigation

- --
~~ Best of wishes

Unix *is* user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
roy pts/0 :0 Tue Nov 17 02:37 still logged in

Hadron

未读,
2009年11月29日 22:17:552009/11/29
收件人
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

> ____/ JEDIDIAH on Sunday 29 Nov 2009 17:19 : \____
>
>> On 2009-11-29, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> ____/ chrisv on Saturday 28 Nov 2009 19:04 : \____

>>> I did not.
>>
>> ...if I got it right, I believe that you posted it was to Microsoft's
>> advantage and you mentioned that there was a guy from Micorsoft involved
>> in the process. He was a product of employee churn.
>

> He worked with the Visual Studio people for a long while (IIRC), so I assume he
> still prefers .NET for some things. He wrote about F-Spot (Mono) as reason
> to drop GIMP when the idea first came up in the Wiki.

Does Chris Ahlstrom also prefer .NET? I ask because that's all he uses at
work too.

>> However, there was no "grand conspiracy theory" claimed.
>

> "Conspiracy theory" is one of those terms used to describe ideas people dislike.

And you whenever something doesn't go your way you paranoid fruit cake.

>> There was also a nice graph that seemed to be trying to demonstrate the
>> point that perpetuating mono would help Microsoft accumulate more control
>> over programming interfaces including those used by Free Software and Linux.
>

> Or take it from the source, Microsoft's own evangelism document (now leaked):
>
> "Every line of code that is written to our standards is a small victory;
> every line of code that is written to any other standard, is a small defeat."
>
> --James Plamondon, Microsoft Technical Evangelist. From
> Exhibit 3096; Comes v. Microsoft litigation

Tell you what Spamowitz : YOU try contributing some code to the Linux
kernel in your own wishy washy "standard" and see what happens.

> --
> ~~ Best of wishes
>

> Unix *is* user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
> http://Schestowitz.com | GNU is Not UNIX | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
> roy pts/0 :0 Tue Nov 17 02:37 still logged in
> http://iuron.com - proposing a non-profit search engine

Wow. You're still incapable of setting a .sig. And you think anyone
should listen to you about adopting standards? You're a hypocrite.

Erik Funkenbusch

未读,
2009年11月30日 02:24:112009/11/30
收件人
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 02:42:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> "Conspiracy theory" is one of those terms used to describe ideas people dislike.

No, "Conspiracy theory" is a term used to descibe theories about
conspiracies.

If it's not proven, it's a theory. If it's not proven and it it's about a
conspiracy, it's a conspiracy theory.

You see, Roy, you seem to be incapable of distinguishing between fact and
heresay, so to you, anything that agrees with your agenda is fact.

Sinister Midget

未读,
2009年11月30日 06:01:362009/11/30
收件人
On 2009-11-30, Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> claimed:

> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 02:42:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> "Conspiracy theory" is one of those terms used to describe ideas people dislike.
>
> No, "Conspiracy theory" is a term used to descibe theories about
> conspiracies.
>
> If it's not proven, it's a theory. If it's not proven and it it's about a
> conspiracy, it's a conspiracy theory.

If someone doesn't like something said or done, they often attach
"conspiracy theory" as a pejorative when describing it. If you didn't
know that, you should. If you didn't understand the context, that's
your problem.

> You see, Roy, you seem to be incapable of distinguishing between fact and
> heresay, so to you, anything that agrees with your agenda is fact.

Irony.

--
"OS/2 is the operating system of the '90s" - Bill Gates

Hadron

未读,
2009年11月30日 06:06:352009/11/30
收件人
Sinister Midget <fardb...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2009-11-30, Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> claimed:
>> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 02:42:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> "Conspiracy theory" is one of those terms used to describe ideas people dislike.
>>
>> No, "Conspiracy theory" is a term used to descibe theories about
>> conspiracies.
>>
>> If it's not proven, it's a theory. If it's not proven and it it's about a
>> conspiracy, it's a conspiracy theory.
>
> If someone doesn't like something said or done, they often attach
> "conspiracy theory" as a pejorative when describing it. If you didn't
> know that, you should. If you didn't understand the context, that's
> your problem.

No they dont. Conspiracy Theory has a well defined meaning. Even to
COLAtards like you.

>> You see, Roy, you seem to be incapable of distinguishing between fact and
>> heresay, so to you, anything that agrees with your agenda is fact.
>
> Irony.

Do you know what irony is?

No. Its not the characteristic next to steelly..

Roy is talking shit again. He's been caught out. Again. All the people
in the know what have anything to do with the Linux distro know why this
is done. They all dispute Roy's rants. Roy is an idiot.

JEDIDIAH

未读,
2009年11月30日 10:00:472009/11/30
收件人
On 2009-11-29, Hadron <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> JEDIDIAH <je...@nomad.mishnet> writes:
>
>> On 2009-11-28, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

>>> The big non-surprise here is that you didn't bother to read the links
>>> provided, as usual.
>>
>> Don't kid yourself.
>
> He doesn't have to. It's quite obvious you did not read them. Roy's

...I did not draw the same twisted conclusions.

Therefore I did not read the material.

WONDERFUL Lemming logic there.

[deletia]

--

Metallica is not worth the ruination of someone |||
who has pirated their music / | \

Chris Ahlstrom

未读,
2009年11月30日 12:30:042009/11/30
收件人
JEDIDIAH pulled this Usenet boner:

> On 2009-11-29, Hadron <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> JEDIDIAH <je...@nomad.mishnet> writes:

>>> Don't kid yourself.
>>
>> He doesn't have to. It's quite obvious you did not read them. Roy's
>
> ...I did not draw the same twisted conclusions.
>
> Therefore I did not read the material.
>
> WONDERFUL Lemming logic there.

Lies or insanity from "Hadron"? You decide.

--
You're growing out of some of your problems, but there are others that
you're growing into.

Peter Köhlmann

未读,
2009年11月30日 12:33:532009/11/30
收件人
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> JEDIDIAH pulled this Usenet boner:

>>> He doesn't have to. It's quite obvious you did not read them. Roy's
>>
>> ...I did not draw the same twisted conclusions.
>>
>> Therefore I did not read the material.
>>
>> WONDERFUL Lemming logic there.
>
> Lies or insanity from "Hadron"? You decide.

Well, lets switch the "or" for an "and"
--
The easiest way to figure the cost of living is to take your income
and add ten percent.

Erik Funkenbusch

未读,
2009年11月30日 12:51:312009/11/30
收件人
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 05:01:36 -0600, Sinister Midget wrote:

> On 2009-11-30, Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> claimed:
>> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 02:42:32 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> "Conspiracy theory" is one of those terms used to describe ideas people dislike.
>>
>> No, "Conspiracy theory" is a term used to descibe theories about
>> conspiracies.
>>
>> If it's not proven, it's a theory. If it's not proven and it it's about a
>> conspiracy, it's a conspiracy theory.
>
> If someone doesn't like something said or done, they often attach
> "conspiracy theory" as a pejorative when describing it. If you didn't
> know that, you should. If you didn't understand the context, that's
> your problem.

It may be a perjorative, but it doesn't change the fact that it *IS* a
conspiracy theory unless it's proven.

Roy Schestowitz

未读,
2009年11月30日 14:11:342009/11/30
收件人

Hadron

未读,
2009年11月30日 14:20:502009/11/30
收件人
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

> ____/ Sinister Midget on Monday 30 Nov 2009 11:01 : \____

>>> No, "Conspiracy theory" is a term used to descibe theories about
>>> conspiracies.
>>>
>>> If it's not proven, it's a theory. If it's not proven and it it's about a
>>> conspiracy, it's a conspiracy theory.
>>
>> If someone doesn't like something said or done, they often attach
>> "conspiracy theory" as a pejorative when describing it. If you didn't
>> know that, you should. If you didn't understand the context, that's
>> your problem.
>>
>>> You see, Roy, you seem to be incapable of distinguishing between fact and
>>> heresay, so to you, anything that agrees with your agenda is fact.
>>
>> Irony.
>
> They derailed this discussion. I was referring to "conspiracy", not a "theory"

Jesus. Like Liarmutt you seem unable follow a thread and recognise when
you are plain out wrong.

> By the way, 3 hours ago I was contacted by Swiss television. They are filming a
> documentary and I was invited to be in it, so I guess "conspiracy theorist" is
> not what I am (just a bunch of Microsoft trolls trying to characterise
> me this way by shoving false words in my mouth).

Are they asking you to be their spokesman for the banning of Minarets?
Hahahaha....

> --
> ~~ Best of wishes
>
> Roy S. Schestowitz | Open minds, open source
> http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
> 19:05:01 up 13 days, 16:28, 2 users, load average: 0.36, 0.14, 0.23
> http://iuron.com - Open Source knowledge engine project

Still unable to set a .sig correctly you spamming imbecile? And you dare
talk about standards??

Sinister Midget III

未读,
2009年11月30日 14:48:192009/11/30
收件人
On 2009-11-30, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> claimed:

> ____/ Sinister Midget on Monday 30 Nov 2009 11:01 : \____

>>> No, "Conspiracy theory" is a term used to descibe theories about
>>> conspiracies.
>>>
>>> If it's not proven, it's a theory. If it's not proven and it it's about a
>>> conspiracy, it's a conspiracy theory.
>>
>> If someone doesn't like something said or done, they often attach
>> "conspiracy theory" as a pejorative when describing it. If you didn't
>> know that, you should. If you didn't understand the context, that's
>> your problem.
>>
>>> You see, Roy, you seem to be incapable of distinguishing between fact and
>>> heresay, so to you, anything that agrees with your agenda is fact.
>>
>> Irony.
>
> They derailed this discussion. I was referring to "conspiracy", not a "theory"

Erkel is still trying to alter the direction even more. Being as the
second attempt was more ridiculous than the first, I didn't bite a
second time.

> By the way, 3 hours ago I was contacted by Swiss television. They are filming a
> documentary and I was invited to be in it, so I guess "conspiracy theorist" is
> not what I am (just a bunch of Microsoft trolls trying to characterise
> me this way by shoving false words in my mouth).

You're probably supposed to be the conspiracist in charge of the
theory.

--
Sorry, the virtual reality check bounced.
Eee PC900 16G SSD 2G RAM Debian testing

Tim Smith

未读,
2009年11月30日 15:14:142009/11/30
收件人
In article <1859433.n...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> By the way, 3 hours ago I was contacted by Swiss television. They are
> filming a documentary and I was invited to be in it, so I guess
> "conspiracy theorist" is not what I am (just a bunch of Microsoft
> trolls trying to characterise me this way by shoving false words in
> my mouth).

A few hours ago, I watched a documentary about how aliens (from space)
taught the Egyptians how to build the pyramids. A few days before, I
watched a documentary on how the government is covering up visits by
aliens.

What makes you think being on a documentary is inconsistent with being a
conspiracy theorist, Roy?

--
--Tim Smith

One Shot. One Kill.

未读,
2009年11月30日 20:57:572009/11/30
收件人

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message

there are documentaries on freaks, mental patients, murderers, rapists,
generic all around losers and social misfits who are rejected by society.

you should fit right in.

One Shot. One Kill.

未读,
2009年11月30日 21:16:302009/11/30
收件人

Wait till they discover that he is some kind of a eunuch freak who had his
balls cut off. That should really open up a can of worms for the maggot.

--

HPT

Snit

未读,
2009年11月30日 22:21:132009/11/30
收件人
One Shot. One Kill. stated in post
10hi4oy4vzgmy.15h4b872zwx3a$.d...@40tude.net on 11/30/09 7:16 PM:

> --
>
> HPT

LOL!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Hadron

未读,
2009年11月30日 22:23:192009/11/30
收件人
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> writes:

> One Shot. One Kill. stated in post
> 10hi4oy4vzgmy.15h4b872zwx3a$.d...@40tude.net on 11/30/09 7:16 PM:
>
>> --
>>
>> HPT
>
> LOL!

I'm pretty sure someone is salting the group with fake HPT nymshifts.

Snit

未读,
2009年11月30日 22:41:592009/11/30
收件人
Hadron stated in post hf229h$qbf$1...@hadron.eternal-september.org on 11/30/09
8:23 PM:

It would be a pretty bad mistake to make. I did not even look at headers.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

未读,
2009年12月1日 04:47:162009/12/1
收件人

From: "One Shot. One Kill." <fr...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:16:30 -0500

Yup, it's Flatfish, the prolific nym thief nym shifter, habitual
liar, stalking Roy. Just couldn't abide by the DFS COLA boycott,
couldn't wait 30 days until mid December.

[quote]
Name: flatfish+++ (Gary Stewart in real life)

Traits:

* Nym shifting (see below)
* Self confessed thief and proud of it
* Homophobic
* Racist
* Habitual liar
* Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related
newsgroups

The flatfish troll nyms shifts an extraordinary amount often
using the nyms as sock puppets. Here is a list of some of the
nyms the flatfish troll has used (NB: flatfish will often use the
names of other posters as nyms):

Sandeep Kumar, Abbie Diaz, achmed.jones, Aftab Singh, Allen
Cusimano, Allie Perkins, Allison Juergans, allison_hunt1969,
Alicia Hunt, Ana Thema, andyschipowitz, Anna Banger, anonymous,

[long list of alphabetised nyms snipped]

Wilbur J, willy watkins jr, Willy Wong, wiltons_pypes, Winnie
Septos, wizard.shot, wm_walsh, Wobbles, wylbur.horseman, Yanick
Schmuley and zyklon_C.
Plus many, many, many more.
[/quote]

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html