OT: Easy money thanks to Windoze

Don Zeigler

Jan 24, 2009, 11:21:32 PM1/24/09
One of our agents called me early this morning wanting to know if I could look
at her husband's desktop machine and laptop - both were running slower than
molasses and throwing up endless popup ad windows. On top of that, she said
they were getting constant virus detection warnings and "Windows file
protection" warnings.

That last one set off an alarm bell in my head. I had seen that same bogus
warning on a friend's laptop, and it was a hallmark of the spyware program
Windows Antivirus 2009. So, I grabbed my key drive which has numerous
utilities on it, and made the 50-minute drive to their house.

As soon as I saw the machines I knew for certain that the biggest problem was
Windows Antivirus 2009. It's a pretty sneaky piece of malware and generates
warnings that look just like the genuine ones a user might see in a balloon on
the taskbar. It was spawning so many browser popups and fake warnings it was
impossible to do any work.

I launched task manager on both computers and killed the rogue processes.
Then, out came my trusty key drive, from which I installed Malware Bytes' Anti
Malware on both machines. A full scan of the computers showed both of them to
be afflicted with numerous problems in addtion to the one above.

After cleaning off the bad stuff, I rebooted both machines so the Malware
Bytes utility could remove the last vestiges of malware. I then installed
Rising Antivirus, a freeware app, on both from my key drive. A virus scan
showed no problems with either machine.

It took just a little over 2 hours to get these machines up to snuff. At my
regular rate for tech work, I walked out of their house with about $100 in my
pocket plus reimbursement for gas and toll road expenses.

I, for one, hope that Windows never goes away. It has made me a lot of easy
momey over the years!
--
Incontinence Hotline, please hold.

Regards,
[dmz]

Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

Terry Porter

Jan 24, 2009, 11:59:31 PM1/24/09
Don Zeigler wrote:

> It took just a little over 2 hours to get these machines up to snuff. At
> my regular rate for tech work, I walked out of their house with about $100
> in my pocket plus reimbursement for gas and toll road expenses.
>
> I, for one, hope that Windows never goes away. It has made me a lot of
> easy momey over the years!

It's true Windows is *great* for service orgs, but expensive for the poor
users.

I know a guy who repairs windows software on old windows machines.

His 'repairs' usually cost the owner a minimum of $80, even for the simplest
thing.

He loves Windows as well.

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

DFS

Jan 25, 2009, 12:22:17 AM1/25/09
Don Zeigler wrote:

> It took just a little over 2 hours to get these machines up to snuff.
> At my regular rate for tech work, I walked out of their house with
> about $100 in my pocket plus reimbursement for gas and toll road
> expenses.

At your same rate, Linux cost this crapware victim about $2000 just to get
it up and running.

"My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work
getting opensuse 10.3 to work."

http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/sls-archives/archives-suse-linux/archives-hardware-support/archives-notebooks/383465-10-3-toshiba-a200.html

Clogwog

Jan 25, 2009, 4:40:49 AM1/25/09
"Don Zeigler" <sit...@this.computer> schreef in bericht

Same here, Linux script kiddies attack Windows OSsen quite a lot.
*AND* I earn money getting hardware issues and compatibility issues solved
with Linux.
I, for one, hope that Windows and Linux never go away.
b.t.w. What gave you the impression that this machine was clean when you
left?, 20% fat chance it's not.
I always reset the machine using a customer based basic Acronis disk image
for that machine, all apps installed, within 10 minutes max. (after a
rootkit scan)
Some updating and it's done!
Are you an amateur?, your "services" rendered suck!

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 25, 2009, 5:01:22 AM1/25/09
Clogwog wrote:

> "Don Zeigler" <sit...@this.computer> schreef in bericht

< snip >

>> I, for one, hope that Windows never goes away. It has made me a lot of
>> easy
>> momey over the years!
>
> Same here, Linux script kiddies attack Windows OSsen quite a lot.

Bullshit. It isn't any "script kiddy" attacking windows on a massive
scale.

> *AND* I earn money getting hardware issues and compatibility issues
> solved with Linux.

You would not even recognize linux when it bit you.
You solve no linux problems whatsoever

> I, for one, hope that Windows and Linux never go away.

I could easily drop windows

> b.t.w. What gave you the impression that this machine was clean when you
> left?, 20% fat chance it's not.

Depends on his tools, doesn't it?
Fat chance that you are talking out of your ass

> I always reset the machine using a customer based basic Acronis disk
> image for that machine, all apps installed, within 10 minutes max.
> (after a rootkit scan)

Certainly. And that "customer based basic Acronis disk image for that
machine" is one of the tools you always have already prepared when you get
called to a new customer. Because you know, without ever have talked to
him, what specific configuration his machine has

Idiot. Pull another one

> Some updating and it's done!
> Are you an amateur?, your "services" rendered suck!

Your claims suck. Because they tell just two things: You don't know shit.
And you are lying
--
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it.
To mess up your Windows box, you just need to work on it.

Clogwog

Jan 25, 2009, 6:09:01 AM1/25/09
"Peter Köhlmann" <peter.k...@arcor.de> schreef in bericht

> Clogwog wrote:
>
>> "Don Zeigler" <sit...@this.computer> schreef in bericht
>
> < snip >
>
>>> I, for one, hope that Windows never goes away. It has made me a lot of
>>> easy
>>> momey over the years!
>>
>> Same here, Linux script kiddies attack Windows OSsen quite a lot.
>
> Bullshit. It isn't any "script kiddy" attacking windows on a massive
> scale.
>
>> *AND* I earn money getting hardware issues and compatibility issues
>> solved with Linux.
>
> You would not even recognize linux when it bit you.
> You solve no linux problems whatsoever

Proof please?

>> I, for one, hope that Windows and Linux never go away.
>
> I could easily drop windows
>
>> b.t.w. What gave you the impression that this machine was clean when you
>> left?, 20% fat chance it's not.
>
> Depends on his tools, doesn't it?

There is no AV tool that guarantees full detection and removal.
Applying various tools might help a bit.
The best detection tool at this moment is Prevx CSI.
Online scanning after tossing in a Bart's PE cd is another best practice
method.

> Fat chance that you are talking out of your ass

I know you are talking out of your ass, although you use Windows every day
and make a living out of it, your clueless!

>> I always reset the machine using a customer based basic Acronis disk
>> image for that machine, all apps installed, within 10 minutes max.
>> (after a rootkit scan)
>
> Certainly. And that "customer based basic Acronis disk image for that
> machine" is one of the tools you always have already prepared when you get
> called to a new customer. Because you know, without ever have talked to
> him, what specific configuration his machine has

Yes, cos I made the image myself or I instructed the customer how to use
Acronis and how to make the images and save a copy to an external device,
you useless clueless tit!
Every customer has a system specific acronis image, all apps installed,
after the initial install.
About 45 very happy customers. I do this as a hobby cos I've drawn my assets
and I'm living off private means.
When there is a problem it takes me about 20 minutes to get a system up and
running again, aside fucked hardware issues.
About 20 customers are able to restore images themselves, at times with my
phone support.
b.t.w.
I *do* hope that *Snit* makes an instructional video about this matter!
He's quite good at that!
<chuckle>

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 25, 2009, 6:27:25 AM1/25/09
Clogwog wrote:

> "Peter Köhlmann" <peter.k...@arcor.de> schreef in bericht
>> Clogwog wrote:
>>
>>> "Don Zeigler" <sit...@this.computer> schreef in bericht
>>
>> < snip >

>>> Same here, Linux script kiddies attack Windows OSsen quite a lot.
>>
>> Bullshit. It isn't any "script kiddy" attacking windows on a massive
>> scale.
>>
>>> *AND* I earn money getting hardware issues and compatibility issues
>>> solved with Linux.
>>
>> You would not even recognize linux when it bit you.
>> You solve no linux problems whatsoever
>
> Proof please?

Your posts, naturally. They reek of utter incompetence regarding linux

>>> I, for one, hope that Windows and Linux never go away.
>>
>> I could easily drop windows
>>
>>> b.t.w. What gave you the impression that this machine was clean when
>>> you left?, 20% fat chance it's not.
>>
>> Depends on his tools, doesn't it?
>
> There is no AV tool that guarantees full detection and removal.
> Applying various tools might help a bit.
> The best detection tool at this moment is Prevx CSI.
> Online scanning after tossing in a Bart's PE cd is another best practice
> method.

So what you are telling us is to avoid windows like the plague?
After all, according to you (and I agree), it is impossible to even scan
windows reliable against malware, much less to protect it against it

>> Fat chance that you are talking out of your ass
>
> I know you are talking out of your ass, although you use Windows every
> day and make a living out of it, your clueless!

So using windows makes one stupid?
Good thing that I have a antidote by using linux. You, on the other hand,
do not

>>> I always reset the machine using a customer based basic Acronis disk
>>> image for that machine, all apps installed, within 10 minutes max.
>>> (after a rootkit scan)
>>
>> Certainly. And that "customer based basic Acronis disk image for that
>> machine" is one of the tools you always have already prepared when you
>> get called to a new customer. Because you know, without ever have
>> talked to him, what specific configuration his machine has
>
> Yes, cos I made the image myself or I instructed the customer how to use
> Acronis and how to make the images and save a copy to an external
> device, you useless clueless tit!

And this helps a *first* *time* "customer" (you have none, naturally)
exactly how?

Face it: People are not as stupid as you need them to be to buy such
bullshit. A lesson which Snot Glasser still has not learned
--
The Day Microsoft makes something that does not suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

7

Jan 25, 2009, 6:36:45 AM1/25/09
Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Clogwog
wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of Marketing:

> Same here, Linux script kiddies attack Windows OSsen quite a lot.

You LYING FUCKWIT!

Linux engineers hardly know a thing about WINDUMMY API.

Same as WINDUMMIES know nothing about Linux API.

Clogwog

Jan 25, 2009, 6:58:41 AM1/25/09
"Peter Köhlmann" <peter.k...@arcor.de> schreef in bericht

Your lack of arguments and your tendency to utter nonsense and unfunded
assumptions is noted!
Crawl back into your basement (at night) to "advocate" Linux and come out of
it (by day), wash, shave & dress up and cherish windows as your supposed to!
http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg
Your such a clueless Dummkopf!
LMFAO @ you!

Peter Köhlmann

Jan 25, 2009, 7:10:03 AM1/25/09
Clogwog wrote:

Good thing that you will not even try to tell us that windows is secure
and does not need such tools.
After all, you just told us that no tools are reliable enough to find all
malware

Yes, a fine Toys-R-Us "OS" you are defending and advocating.
But then, you are dumb enough to use windows, and just windows

>>> Yes, cos I made the image myself or I instructed the customer how to
>>> use Acronis and how to make the images and save a copy to an external
>>> device, you useless clueless tit!
>>
>> And this helps a *first* *time* "customer" (you have none, naturally)
>> exactly how?

Note: No attempt to even somehow defend your idiocy here.
You know that you claimed total bullshit

>> Face it: People are not as stupid as you need them to be to buy such
>> bullshit. A lesson which Snot Glasser still has not learned
>

> Your lack of arguments and your tendency to utter nonsense and unfunded
> assumptions is noted!

Your lack to refute anything I wrote is noted

> Crawl back into your basement (at night) to "advocate" Linux and come
> out of it (by day), wash, shave & dress up and cherish windows as your
> supposed to! http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg
> Your such a clueless Dummkopf!
> LMFAO @ you!

Fine assortment of "arguments" you have there. Real convincing...
--
Microsoft software doesn't get released - it escapes, leaving
a trail of destruction behind it.

Clogwog

Jan 25, 2009, 7:16:45 AM1/25/09
"7" <website_...@www.enemygadgets.com> schreef in bericht

Virus writers <---> open source users!
http://news.cnet.com/Virus-writers-use-open-source-methods/2100-7355_3-6094779.html

7

Jan 25, 2009, 7:54:17 AM1/25/09
Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Clogwog
wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of Marketing:

> "7" <website_...@www.enemygadgets.com> schreef in bericht
>> Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Clogwog
>> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of
>> Marketing:
>>

>>> Same here, Linux script kiddies attack Windows OSsen quite a lot.

You LYING FUCKWIT!

Linux engineers hardly know a thing about WINDUMMY API.

Same as WINDUMMIES know nothing about Linux API.

All the viruses are written by WINDUMMIES
with intimate knowledge of WINDUMMY API AND MICOSHAFT VULNERABILITIES
looking to make a quick buck.

Don Zeigler

Jan 25, 2009, 9:01:23 AM1/25/09
Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> And this helps a *first* *time* "customer" (you have none, naturally)
> exactly how?

Ignore the fscked in the head Snogwog troll. He pretends Mommy and Daddy are
his/her "customers".

--
Mistress - something between a mister and a mattress.

Hadron

Jan 25, 2009, 9:17:12 AM1/25/09
Don Zeigler <sit...@this.computer> writes:

You're too kind Vamp. That moron Terry "Telnet" Porter charges family
and friends 100$ a pop to INSTALL Linux. He also told us a retard can
install Linux. For once I think he might be right.

> I, for one, hope that Windows never goes away. It has made me a lot of easy
> momey over the years!

Did you bill them with an itemised, VAT receipt?

High Plains Thumper

Jan 25, 2009, 9:17:58 AM1/25/09
Don Zeigler wrote:
> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> And this helps a *first* *time* "customer" (you have none,
>> naturally) exactly how?
>
> Ignore the fscked in the head Snogwog troll. He pretends Mommy
> and Daddy are his/her "customers".

He also pretends he lives on a Netherlands bird sanctuary.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cf681bd7fc97d4e2

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati

Clogwog

Jan 25, 2009, 9:59:06 AM1/25/09
"High Plains Thumper" <highplai...@invalid.invalid> schreef in bericht

> Don Zeigler wrote:
>> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>>
>>> And this helps a *first* *time* "customer" (you have none,
>>> naturally) exactly how?
>>
>> Ignore the fscked in the head Snogwog troll. He pretends Mommy
>> and Daddy are his/her "customers".
>
> He also pretends he lives on a Netherlands bird sanctuary.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cf681bd7fc97d4e2

Yes I live there on +53° 32' 29.98", +6° 34' 30.85", when I'm inspecting my
"wilgen zinkstukken" for coastal defence.
http://www.griendhouthandel.nl/images/zinkstukken2.jpg
http://www.hhnk.nl/contents/pages/48069/stormschade.jpg
My business was: 't Wilgje (not Wilgje Buitensport) <--> core business =
wilgen zinkstukken, remember retard!
but..... I'm only a consultant now, since I'm living off private means.
Next question please, what's puzzling you about me Mrs. Wendy Netnanny?
<chuckle>

High Plains Thumper

Jan 25, 2009, 10:27:24 AM1/25/09
High Plains Thumper wrote:
> Don Zeigler wrote:
>> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>>
>>> And this helps a *first* *time* "customer" (you have none,
>>> naturally) exactly how?
>>
>> Ignore the fscked in the head Snogwog troll. He pretends
>> Mommy and Daddy are his/her "customers".
>
> He also pretends he lives on a Netherlands bird sanctuary.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cf681bd7fc97d4e2

Oh, and I forgot. He thinks he's a Nederlander
environmental department consultant.

William Poaster

Jan 25, 2009, 10:49:42 AM1/25/09
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 08:27:24 -0700, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, High Plains Thumper was heard to say:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> Don Zeigler wrote:

>>> Ignore the fscked in the head Snogwog troll. He pretends Mommy and
>>> Daddy are his/her "customers".
>>
>> He also pretends he lives on a Netherlands bird sanctuary.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cf681bd7fc97d4e2
>>
> Oh, and I forgot. He thinks he's a Nederlander environmental department
> consultant.

Maybe the troll cleans out sewerage tanks! Probably all he's fit for.

High Plains Thumper

Jan 25, 2009, 4:27:01 PM1/25/09
William Poaster wrote:
> above shrieking & whining trolls, High Plains Thumper:

>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>>
>>> He also pretends he lives on a Netherlands bird sanctuary.
>>>

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cf681bd7fc97d4e2
>>>

>> Oh, and I forgot. He thinks he's a Nederlander
>> environmental department consultant.
>
> Maybe the troll cleans out sewerage tanks! Probably all he's
> fit for.

In US we call them "Honey Dippers". :-)

George Barca

Jan 25, 2009, 4:50:00 PM1/25/09
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:27:01 -0700, High Plains Thumper
<highplai...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>William Poaster wrote:
>> above shrieking & whining trolls, High Plains Thumper:

>>> Oh, and I forgot. He thinks he's a Nederlander
>>> environmental department consultant.
>>
>> Maybe the troll cleans out sewerage tanks! Probably all he's
>> fit for.
>
>In US we call them "Honey Dippers". :-)

We call them poopy pumpers where I live, USA.
Another one is condom collectors.
George Barca
georgeb...@geeeeemale.com

Gregory Shearman

Jan 26, 2009, 3:10:25 AM1/26/09
On 2009-01-25, High Plains Thumper <highplai...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Don Zeigler wrote:
>> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>>
>>> And this helps a *first* *time* "customer" (you have none,
>>> naturally) exactly how?
>>
>> Ignore the fscked in the head Snogwog troll. He pretends Mommy
>> and Daddy are his/her "customers".
>
> He also pretends he lives on a Netherlands bird sanctuary.

Well, Clogwog is obviously cuckoo.

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

Snit

Jan 26, 2009, 10:45:53 PM1/26/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 497cd925$0$3340$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org
on 1/25/09 2:27 PM:

> William Poaster wrote:
>> above shrieking & whining trolls, High Plains Thumper:

>>> Oh, and I forgot. He thinks he's a Nederlander
>>> environmental department consultant.
>>
>> Maybe the troll cleans out sewerage tanks! Probably all he's
>> fit for.
>
> In US we call them "Honey Dippers". :-)

[quote] 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter
of comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the benefits of
Linux compared to other operating systems. [/quote]

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jan 26, 2009, 10:46:04 PM1/26/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 497c84de$0$3337$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org
on 1/25/09 8:27 AM:

> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> Don Zeigler wrote:

>>> Ignore the fscked in the head Snogwog troll. He pretends
>>> Mommy and Daddy are his/her "customers".
>>
>> He also pretends he lives on a Netherlands bird sanctuary.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cf681bd7fc97d4e2
>>
> Oh, and I forgot. He thinks he's a Nederlander
> environmental department consultant.

Snit

Jan 26, 2009, 10:46:10 PM1/26/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 497c7498$0$3336$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org