[News] KDE4 Gets a Lot More Robust in Latest Beta

Roy Schestowitz

Jun 28, 2008, 2:53:50 PM6/28/08

Jerry McBride

Jun 28, 2008, 9:08:36 PM6/28/08
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> First look: KDE 4.1 beta 2 shows solid improvements

I've been using kde 4.1 now since it was released. It's been a wonderful
experience having a look at cutting edge software and all I have to say is;
the kde 4.x branch is going to be a wonderful upgrade to 3.5x.

As 4.x is developed, more and more common, everyday applications are being
upgraded as well and just over it, a great experience.

In summary... fantastic. It's better than the move from kde 2.x to 3.x...

--

Jerry McBride (jmcb...@mail-on.us)

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jun 28, 2008, 10:08:10 PM6/28/08

You better read the forums because KDE4.x is going down in history as a
disaster.

I will give you that kde 2.0 to 3.0 was a great upgrade, it really was.
Faster, more eye candy and super stable.

However 4.x is not like that at all.
It's a clusterfsck.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

Roy Schestowitz

Jun 29, 2008, 3:34:55 AM6/29/08

Ezekiel

Jun 29, 2008, 9:23:27 AM6/29/08

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message

> First look: KDE 4.1 beta 2 shows solid improvements
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The developers of the open source KDE desktop environment announced the
> | availability of the second KDE 4.1 beta release this week. This version
> has
> | many improvements to usability and overall robustness compared to the
> | previous beta. I tested KDE 4.1 beta 2 with a LiveCD build of openSUSE
> 11.
> `----

"More robust" means that all of the previous KDE 4.x releases where heaping
piles of dogshit. The mess called KDE 4.x is an embarrassment to linux and
OSS. It's an unstable piece of garbage that is forever in beta quality.

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 9:42:29 AM6/29/08

Why do you write such venomous lies? Could it be because you don't know
hat you are talking about. The KDE developers themselves have said many
users should wait until 4.s, at least, before making the switch.

And, maybe you can point to anyone that is embarrassed by KDE 4.x.
--
Rick

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 3:29:22 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadnbptG_3YDPrV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 6:42 AM:

The final release of KDE 4 is a beta.

Lovely.

--
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
that take our breath away.

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 4:57:12 PM6/29/08

When did the --final-- release of KDE 4 come out?

--
Rick

Hadron

Jun 29, 2008, 5:00:11 PM6/29/08
Rick <no...@nomail.com> writes:

Remember th version we were criticising was 4.0 NOT the 4.1 beta.

--
"My college theater antics were the inspiration for Robin
Williams' character on Mork & Mindy"

Peter Köhlmann

Jun 29, 2008, 5:10:28 PM6/29/08
Hadron wrote:

Remember that 4.0.x was designated by the KDE developers as an early
adopters playing ground, to find problems in its design.
KDE4.1.x is quite different, and much more stable

You twits (Snit Michael Glasser and you, Hadron Quark) knew that (or should
have known), naturally, and chose to ignore it to have a better go at
trolling
--
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice which can be equally well
explained by stupidity

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 5:12:34 PM6/29/08

Remember ... the developers have been saying the KDE 4 is not yet feature
complete. There is still porting to do. If users need features taht are
not yet present or stable, they should stay with 3.5.9. I did post quotes
fromm the developers sites...

And AGAIN, where did the --final-- release of KDE4 come out?

--
Rick

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 5:17:56 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadndRtG_21avrV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 1:57 PM:

>>> And, maybe you can point to anyone that is embarrassed by KDE 4.x.
>>
>> The final release of KDE 4 is a beta.
>>
>> Lovely.
>
> When did the --final-- release of KDE 4 come out?

I thought you kept up on Linux related info. Well, guess not:

If you just want the date it was released on 11 Jan 2008. Here is some info
for you.

<http://digg.com/linux_unix/KDE4_final_has_been_released_Grab_a_Live_CD_here
_to_test_it>
-----
KDE4 final has been released! Grab a Live CD here to test it
-----

<http://news.softpedia.com/news/A-First-Look-at-the-Final-Release-of-KDE-4-0
-75967.shtml>
-----
A First Look at the Final Release of KDE 4.0
-----

So, yes Rick, KDE 4.0 is a "final release"... it is not a beta. But it is.
:)

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 5:19:55 PM6/29/08
"Hadron" <hadro...@googlemail.com> stated in post
g48t50$gfj$1...@registered.motzarella.org on 6/29/08 2:00 PM:

>>> The final release of KDE 4 is a beta.
>>>
>>> Lovely.
>>
>> When did the --final-- release of KDE 4 come out?
>
> Remember th version we were criticising was 4.0 NOT the 4.1 beta.

I bet his game will be to say that since there will be future releases in
the 4 "series" that KDE 4.0 is not really a final release.

But it is.

And it is, clearly, a beta.

--
"For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 5:23:40 PM6/29/08
"Peter Köhlmann" <peter.k...@arcor.de> stated in post
4867fa44$0$7537$9b4e...@newsspool1.arcor-online.net on 6/29/08 2:10 PM:

>>> When did the --final-- release of KDE 4 come out?
>>
>> Remember th version we were criticising was 4.0 NOT the 4.1 beta.
>>

> Remember that 4.0.x was designated by the KDE developers as an early
> adopters playing ground, to find problems in its design.
> KDE4.1.x is quite different, and much more stable
>

> You twits (Snit Michael Glxsser and you, Hadron Quark) knew that (or should

> have known), naturally, and chose to ignore it to have a better go at
> trolling

I never put it down for being a beta... I merely noted it is. Do you think
betas are bad?

--
"The music is not inside the piano." - Alan Kay

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 5:24:35 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadndBtG_1fZ_rV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 2:12 PM:

<http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.0/>

I am one of only .3% of people who have avoided becoming a statistic.

Hadron

Jun 29, 2008, 5:27:23 PM6/29/08
Rick <no...@nomail.com> writes:

We are not talking about "feature complete". We are talking about basic
functionalities not working or being buggy as hell.

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 5:34:49 PM6/29/08

So.. there will be no more releases of KDE 4? That's interesting. I guess
the KDE guys will be abandoning KDE 4. You might want to inform them.

--
Rick

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 5:35:41 PM6/29/08

>>> Remember the version we were criticising was 4.0 NOT the 4.1 beta.

>> Remember ... the developers have been saying the KDE 4 is not yet
>> feature complete.
>
> We are not talking about "feature complete". We are talking about basic
> functionalities not working or being buggy as hell.

And the developers have said that users should wait for 4.1 or 4.2 for
"production" systems.

--
Rick

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 5:36:32 PM6/29/08
"Hadron" <hadro...@googlemail.com> stated in post
g48uns$omm$1...@registered.motzarella.org on 6/29/08 2:27 PM:

>>> Remember th version we were criticising was 4.0 NOT the 4.1 beta.
>>
>> Remember ... the developers have been saying the KDE 4 is not yet feature
>> complete.
>
> We are not talking about "feature complete". We are talking about basic
> functionalities not working or being buggy as hell.

Well, having it work well would be "better for the user", but Rick makes it
clear that is not important to him.

--
Satan lives for my sins... now *that* is dedication!

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 5:40:13 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadnc5tG_2wnfXV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 2:35 PM:

>>> Remember ... the developers have been saying the KDE 4 is not yet
>>> feature complete.
>>
>> We are not talking about "feature complete". We are talking about basic
>> functionalities not working or being buggy as hell.
>
> And the developers have said that users should wait for 4.1 or 4.2 for
> "production" systems.

4.0 final is a beta. No problem with that... just an odd naming convention.

--
"In order to discover who you are, first learn who everybody else is. You're
what's left." - Skip Hansen

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 5:42:14 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadnc9tG_1kYvrV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 2:34 PM:

>>> Remember ... the developers have been saying the KDE 4 is not yet
>>> feature complete. There is still porting to do. If users need features
>>> taht are not yet present or stable, they should stay with 3.5.9. I did
>>> post quotes fromm the developers sites...
>>>
>>> And AGAIN, where did the --final-- release of KDE4 come out?
>>
>> <http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.0/>

> So.. there will be no more releases of KDE 4?

Not of 4.0, but 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 and maybe some others have already come out.

I am sure KDE 4.1 final is going to come out sometime soon...

> That's interesting. I guess
> the KDE guys will be abandoning KDE 4. You might want to inform them.

You claim that the "KDE guys will be abandoning KDE 4" and then tell me to
inform them of what you say they are doing.

Dude, they are not as over their head as you are - they know what they are
doing.

Presumably, anyway.

--
BU__SH__

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 5:47:24 PM6/29/08
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:42:14 -0700, Snit wrote:

> "Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
> tJadnc9tG_1kYvrV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 2:34 PM:

>>> <http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.0/>

>> So.. there will be no more releases of KDE 4?
>
> Not of 4.0, but 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 and maybe some others have already come
> out.
>
> I am sure KDE 4.1 final is going to come out sometime soon...

So, you recognize that there will be future releases of KDE 4, as in "
With the fourth major version, the KDE Community marks the beginning of
the KDE 4 era."
<http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.0/>

>> That's interesting. I guess
>> the KDE guys will be abandoning KDE 4. You might want to inform them.
>
> You claim that the "KDE guys will be abandoning KDE 4" and then tell me
> to inform them of what you say they are doing.

You really are mentally deranged.

--
Rick

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 5:47:58 PM6/29/08

Michael Glasser is a liar.

--
Rick

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 5:51:12 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadncZtG_2TnvXV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 2:47 PM:

> Michael Glxsser is a liar.

Poor Rick... all he can do is lash out.

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 5:52:19 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadncdtG_1xn_XV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 2:47 PM:

"Final release" - another term that goes over Rick's head!

Amazing. Just amazing. And you claimed to have experience in the computer
industry.

--
Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond

Ezekiel

Jun 29, 2008, 6:02:47 PM6/29/08

"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> wrote in message

You really need to stop acting like a fool. First you attempt to claim that
there never was a final release of KDE 4. And you were proven wrong. At
this point it's time to admit that you were wrong and move on.

But you don't do this and decide to make some idiotic lame attempt to shift
goal posts by shifting the conversation to a "So... there will be no more
releases of KDE4" debate.

Grow up. You were proven wrong. Get over it and quit acting like some fool
that will argue anything and everything because maybe... somehow... if you
change the subject 6 times then you'll finally be right.

KDE4 is a disaster. There WAS a *final release* and it was a piece of crap.
Your insane new argument of 'So what... they will have another release some
day' doesn't change the fact that what's currently available is crapware of
the highest order.

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 6:23:04 PM6/29/08
"Ezekiel" <f...@u.com> stated in post 3b40a$48680688$22...@news.teranews.com on
6/29/08 3:02 PM:

>>> <http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.0/>

>> So.. there will be no more releases of KDE 4? That's interesting. I guess
>> the KDE guys will be abandoning KDE 4. You might want to inform them.
>
> You really need to stop acting like a fool. First you attempt to claim that
> there never was a final release of KDE 4. And you were proven wrong. At
> this point it's time to admit that you were wrong and move on.
>
> But you don't do this and decide to make some idiotic lame attempt to shift
> goal posts by shifting the conversation to a "So... there will be no more
> releases of KDE4" debate.
>
> Grow up. You were proven wrong. Get over it and quit acting like some fool
> that will argue anything and everything because maybe... somehow... if you
> change the subject 6 times then you'll finally be right.
>
> KDE4 is a disaster. There WAS a *final release* and it was a piece of crap.
> Your insane new argument of 'So what... they will have another release some
> day' doesn't change the fact that what's currently available is crapware of
> the highest order.

Rick often feigns ignorance in order to try to "win" - but it comes back to
bite him. In this case he feigning ignorance in what the meaning of "final
release" is.

--
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
--Albert Einstein

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 6:31:37 PM6/29/08

You claim to have experience in education.

--
Rick

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 6:32:25 PM6/29/08

So, there will be no more KDE4 releases?

--
Rick

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 6:33:14 PM6/29/08
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:51:12 -0700, Snit wrote:

> "Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
> tJadncZtG_2TnvXV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 2:47 PM:
>
>> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:36:32 -0700, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> "Hadron" <hadro...@googlemail.com> stated in post
>>> g48uns$omm$1...@registered.motzarella.org on 6/29/08 2:27 PM:

>>> Well, having it work well would be "better for the user", but Rick
>>> makes it clear that is not important to him.
>>
>> Michael Glxsser is a liar.
>
> Poor Rick... all he can do is lash out.

Michael Glasser edits posts and is a liar.

--
Rick

Ezekiel

Jun 29, 2008, 6:37:41 PM6/29/08

"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> wrote in message

It doesn't matter and it's completely orthogonal to the topic.

If there will never be another KDE release it doesn't change the fact that
the current *final release* of KDE4 is crap.

If the KDE team puts out a new release every week for the next year will
also not change the fact that the current *final release* of KDE4 is crap.

Your question is pointless. It doesn't matter whether or not there will be
more KDE4 releases. The fact is that the current *final release* is crap.

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 6:40:59 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadncNtG_3UkPXV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 3:31 PM:

>> "Final release" - another term that goes over Rick's head!
>>
>> Amazing. Just amazing. And you claimed to have experience in the
>> computer industry.
>
> You claim to have experience in education.

Yes! Very good!

--
BU__SH__

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 6:41:24 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadncJtG_3kkPXV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 3:32 PM:

>>> So.. there will be no more releases of KDE 4? That's interesting. I
>>> guess the KDE guys will be abandoning KDE 4. You might want to inform
>>> them.
>>
>> You really need to stop acting like a fool. First you attempt to claim
>> that there never was a final release of KDE 4. And you were proven
>> wrong. At this point it's time to admit that you were wrong and move on.
>>
>> But you don't do this and decide to make some idiotic lame attempt to
>> shift goal posts by shifting the conversation to a "So... there will be
>> no more releases of KDE4" debate.
>>
>> Grow up. You were proven wrong. Get over it and quit acting like some
>> fool that will argue anything and everything because maybe... somehow...
>> if you change the subject 6 times then you'll finally be right.
>>
>> KDE4 is a disaster. There WAS a *final release* and it was a piece of
>> crap. Your insane new argument of 'So what... they will have another
>> release some day' doesn't change the fact that what's currently
>> available is crapware of the highest order.
>>

> So, there will be no more KDE4 releases?

Ah, Rick feigns ignorance... one of his favorite trolling techniques!

William Poaster

Jun 29, 2008, 6:41:36 PM6/29/08

The trolls *really* love to show their ignorance, don't they. All they do
is make themselves look fools.

--
Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
This message was sent from a

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 6:46:40 PM6/29/08
"Ezekiel" <f...@u.com> stated in post 313f8$48680eb6$28...@news.teranews.com on
6/29/08 3:37 PM:

>>> You really need to stop acting like a fool. First you attempt to claim
>>> that there never was a final release of KDE 4. And you were proven
>>> wrong. At this point it's time to admit that you were wrong and move on.
>>>
>>> But you don't do this and decide to make some idiotic lame attempt to
>>> shift goal posts by shifting the conversation to a "So... there will be
>>> no more releases of KDE4" debate.
>>>
>>> Grow up. You were proven wrong. Get over it and quit acting like some
>>> fool that will argue anything and everything because maybe... somehow...
>>> if you change the subject 6 times then you'll finally be right.
>>>
>>> KDE4 is a disaster. There WAS a *final release* and it was a piece of
>>> crap. Your insane new argument of 'So what... they will have another
>>> release some day' doesn't change the fact that what's currently
>>> available is crapware of the highest order.
>>>

>> So, there will be no more KDE4 releases?
>
> It doesn't matter and it's completely orthogonal to the topic.
>
> If there will never be another KDE release it doesn't change the fact that
> the current *final release* of KDE4 is crap.
>
> If the KDE team puts out a new release every week for the next year will
> also not change the fact that the current *final release* of KDE4 is crap.
>
> Your question is pointless. It doesn't matter whether or not there will be
> more KDE4 releases. The fact is that the current *final release* is crap.

Rick often feigns ignorance when he knows he is in over his head.

--
"Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to
all but the most crucial features." -- Steve Jobs

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 6:47:16 PM6/29/08
"William Poaster" <w...@leafnode.amd64.eu> stated in post
pan.2008.06.29....@leafnode.amd64.eu on 6/29/08 3:41 PM:

>>> Remember th version we were criticising was 4.0 NOT the 4.1 beta.
>>>

>> Remember that 4.0.x was designated by the KDE developers as an early
>> adopters playing ground, to find problems in its design. KDE4.1.x is quite
>> different, and much more stable
>>

>> You twits (Snit Michael Glxsser and you, Hadron Quark) knew that (or

>> should have known), naturally, and chose to ignore it to have a better go
>> at trolling
>
> The trolls *really* love to show their ignorance, don't they. All they do
> is make themselves look fools.

Yup. Exactly.

--
Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 7:20:57 PM6/29/08

There hasn't been a final release of KDE4.

> If the KDE team puts out a new release every week for the next year will
> also not change the fact that the current *final release* of KDE4 is
> crap.
>
> Your question is pointless. It doesn't matter whether or not there will
> be more KDE4 releases. The fact is that the current *final release* is
> crap.

There hasn't been a final release of KDE4.
--
Rick

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 7:21:45 PM6/29/08

Michael Glasser often claims clairvoyance and intelligence.

--
Rick

Ezekiel

Jun 29, 2008, 7:31:44 PM6/29/08

"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> wrote in message

Why - because /you/ say so? Since when are you the authority on anything?

http://news.softpedia.com/news/A-First-Look-at-the-Final-Release-of-KDE-4-0-75967.shtml

<quote>
A First Look at the Final Release of KDE 4.0 - K Desktop Environment 4 is
here!
By: Marius Nestor, Linux Editor

Today, we will take a closer look at the main features incorporated in the
final release of KDE 4. First of all, I should let you know that for these
tests, I've used the Kubuntu 7.10
</quote>

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 8:13:25 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadnfhtG_2UhPXV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 4:21 PM:

> Michael Glxsser often claims clairvoyance and intelligence.

You are a silly troll!

--
When thinking changes your mind, that's philosophy.
When God changes your mind, that's faith.

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 8:13:47 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadnfltG_1EhfXV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 4:20 PM:

>>> So, there will be no more KDE4 releases?
>>
>> It doesn't matter and it's completely orthogonal to the topic.
>>
>> If there will never be another KDE release it doesn't change the fact
>> that the current *final release* of KDE4 is crap.
>
> There hasn't been a final release of KDE4.
>

>> If the KDE team puts out a new release every week for the next year will
>> also not change the fact that the current *final release* of KDE4 is
>> crap.
>>
>> Your question is pointless. It doesn't matter whether or not there will
>> be more KDE4 releases. The fact is that the current *final release* is
>> crap.
>>
> There hasn't been a final release of KDE4.

See how Rick feigns ignorance of the term "final release".

Poor Rick.

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 8:19:49 PM6/29/08
"Ezekiel" <f...@u.com> stated in post ad92a$48681b61$43...@news.teranews.com on
6/29/08 4:31 PM:

>>> It doesn't matter and it's completely orthogonal to the topic.
>>>
>>> If there will never be another KDE release it doesn't change the fact
>>> that the current *final release* of KDE4 is crap.
>>
>> There hasn't been a final release of KDE4.
>>

>>> If the KDE team puts out a new release every week for the next year will
>>> also not change the fact that the current *final release* of KDE4 is
>>> crap.
>>>
>>> Your question is pointless. It doesn't matter whether or not there will
>>> be more KDE4 releases. The fact is that the current *final release* is
>>> crap.
>>>

>> There hasn't been a final release of KDE4.
>

> Why - because /you/ say so? Since when are you the authority on anything?
>

> http://news.softpedia.com/news/A-First-Look-at-the-Final-Release-of-KDE-4-0-75
> 967.shtml
>
> <quote>
> A First Look at the Final Release of KDE 4.0 - K Desktop Environment 4 is
> here!
> By: Marius Nestor, Linux Editor
>
> Today, we will take a closer look at the main features incorporated in the
> final release of KDE 4. First of all, I should let you know that for these
> tests, I've used the Kubuntu 7.10
> </quote>

Rick is feigning ignorance - he almost is surely very well aware of what the
term "final release" means.

--
Picture of a tuna milkshake: http://snipurl.com/f34z
Feel free to ask for the recipe.

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 9:11:10 PM6/29/08

"The KDE Community is thrilled to announce the immediate availability of
KDE 4.0. This significant release marks both the end of the long and
intensive development cycle leading up to KDE 4.0 and the beginning of
the KDE 4 era."

http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.0/

--
Rick

Rick

Jun 29, 2008, 9:12:16 PM6/29/08
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:13:47 -0700, Snit wrote:

> "Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
> tJadnfltG_1EhfXV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 4:20 PM:

>>> It doesn't matter and it's completely orthogonal to the topic.
>>>
>>> If there will never be another KDE release it doesn't change the fact
>>> that the current *final release* of KDE4 is crap.
>>
>> There hasn't been a final release of KDE4.
>>

>>> If the KDE team puts out a new release every week for the next year
>>> will also not change the fact that the current *final release* of KDE4
>>> is crap.
>>>
>>> Your question is pointless. It doesn't matter whether or not there
>>> will be more KDE4 releases. The fact is that the current *final
>>> release* is crap.
>>>
>> There hasn't been a final release of KDE4.
>
> See how Rick feigns ignorance of the term "final release".
>
> Poor Rick.

Do you know the difference between KDE 4 and KDE 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, etc?

--
Rick

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 11:04:56 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadnfZtG_0zr_XV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 6:11 PM:

>> Why - because /you/ say so? Since when are you the authority on
>> anything?
>>

>> http://news.softpedia.com/news/A-First-Look-at-the-Final-Release-of-
> KDE-4-0-75967.shtml
>>
>> <quote>
>> A First Look at the Final Release of KDE 4.0 - K Desktop Environment 4
>> is here!
>> By: Marius Nestor, Linux Editor
>>
>> Today, we will take a closer look at the main features incorporated in
>> the final release of KDE 4. First of all, I should let you know that for
>> these tests, I've used the Kubuntu 7.10
>> </quote>

> "The KDE Community is thrilled to announce the immediate availability of
> KDE 4.0. This significant release marks both the end of the long and
> intensive development cycle leading up to KDE 4.0 and the beginning of
> the KDE 4 era."
>
> http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.0/

Poor Rick... maybe he really does not know what it means when someone talks
about a "final release".

Snit

Jun 29, 2008, 11:05:47 PM6/29/08
"Rick" <no...@nomail.com> stated in post
tJadnfFtG_1tr_XV...@supernews.com on 6/29/08 6:12 PM:

In detail, nope. But irrelevant to your ignorance about the term "final
release".

--
"If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
- Anatole France