[News] Video Editing on Linux "Surprisingly Robust"

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 1, 2008, 9:52:56 PM2/1/08
Open Movie Editor - Surprisingly Robust

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite some commentators deploring the state of Linux video editing tools, I
| continue to believe that somewhere out there is a non-linear editing program
| that is feature rich, intuitive and stable for the Linux platform.
`----

http://stream0.org/2008/01/open-movie-editor-surprisingly.html

Related:

Cinelerra is very easy - 1/3

,----[ Quote ]
| So I chose to learn cinelerra and I discovered that, over first impression,
| it's a software very easy to use. The envy of the "Windows users" is
| priceless.
`----

http://project.akirad.net/node/12

YouTube launches online editing tool

,----[ Quote ]
| YouTube has begun offering a Web-based editing tool that is
| apparently provided by Adobe Systems.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9730480-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Jokosher 0.9 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Jokosher 0.9 is out! Go and download it! If you are running Ubuntu
| it is as simple as installing two packages. Even easier on Gutsy,
| it is available in the repositories.
`----

http://www.jonobacon.org/?p=973

Become a digital video editing guru using Linux tools

,----[ Quote ]
| The whole process is not quick, and the software puts heavy demands
| on the CPU, RAM, and disk space. However, none of these problems is
| specific to Linux.
|
| As far as convenience goes, Linux may present a sharper learning
| curve, but this learning curve is worth the trouble. Once you find
| your way around all the steps, you will feel comfortable using the
| whole chain. The stability and predictability of the free software,
| as well as the active community of users and developers, is a
| huge asset.
`----

http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/03/05/1949213&from=rss

Open Source Video Editing with Jahshaka

,----[ Quote ]
| Not many free or open source video editing software suits exist and
| many people rely on commercial programs like Adobe Premiere to
| transfer videos from a camcorder for instance and edit / convert
| the video. Jahshaka is a open source video editing program that
| offers its users a huge functionality that can almost be compared
| to those commercial programs.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2007/01/24/open-source-video-editing-with-jahshaka/

Video Editing: From Windows To Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| At the end of the day, it looks like a proprietary option for my
| open OS. It's unfortunate that I could not have gone with something
| else from within the open source world, but I need clarity and power
| from my apps and frankly, only MainActor is offering me this for
| Linux at this point.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2442&Itemid=449
http://tinyurl.com/2wwkrv

Easy video creation using only FOSS software

,----[ Quote ]
| While digital video editing today is an affordable, popular activity
| for both the computer hobbyist and amateur cinematographer, many people
| seem to think that video creation under Linux is either impossible ort
| oo difficult for the average computer user. Not so! From video capture
| to editing to DVD authoring and encoding, you can create high-quality
| videos easily with free, open source software.
`----

http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/11/13/2129256&from=rss

tha...@tux.glaci.delete-this.com

Feb 2, 2008, 10:04:48 AM2/2/08
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> Open Movie Editor - Surprisingly Robust
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Despite some commentators deploring the state of Linux video editing tools, I
> | continue to believe that somewhere out there is a non-linear editing program
> | that is feature rich, intuitive and stable for the Linux platform.
> `----
>
> http://stream0.org/2008/01/open-movie-editor-surprisingly.html

Cool, I had not stumbled across this project before this. It looks
like it is not as full featured as Cinelerra but much more user
friendly. Thanks for the link... this is why I really appreciate
your [News] posts.

Later,

Thad
all the ingredients on the label.

Linonut

Feb 2, 2008, 12:30:44 PM2/2/08
* tha...@tux.glaci.delete-this.com peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> Open Movie Editor - Surprisingly Robust
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Despite some commentators deploring the state of Linux video editing tools, I
>> | continue to believe that somewhere out there is a non-linear editing program
>> | that is feature rich, intuitive and stable for the Linux platform.
>> `----
>>
>> http://stream0.org/2008/01/open-movie-editor-surprisingly.html

It is in the Debian 64-bit repo, too. Cool!

> Cool, I had not stumbled across this project before this. It looks
> like it is not as full featured as Cinelerra but much more user
> friendly. Thanks for the link... this is why I really appreciate
> your [News] posts.

I do too.

The thing is, even if Roy (and to a much larger extent, Rex) post some
misleading or incorrect information sometimes, the nuggets of value in
their posts far outweigh the nuggets of truth you'll find in all of the
COLA trolls combined.

In fact, sometimes I think it outweighs all the nuggets of COLA troll
/shit/.

--
When you want to do your homework, fill out your tax return, or see all the
choices for a trip you want to take, you need a full-size screen.

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 2, 2008, 12:29:47 PM2/2/08
____/ tha...@tux.glaci.delete-this.com on Saturday 02 February 2008 15:04 :
\____

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> Open Movie Editor - Surprisingly Robust
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Despite some commentators deploring the state of Linux video editing
>> | tools, I continue to believe that somewhere out there is a non-linear
>> | editing program that is feature rich, intuitive and stable for the Linux
>> | platform.
>> `----
>>
>> http://stream0.org/2008/01/open-movie-editor-surprisingly.html
>
> Cool, I had not stumbled across this project before this. It looks
> like it is not as full featured as Cinelerra but much more user
> friendly. Thanks for the link... this is why I really appreciate
> your [News] posts.

I rarely post anything about applications (time is limited). Glad you found it
handy...

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
Mem: 515500k total, 442708k used, 72792k free, 8696k buffers

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 2, 2008, 12:35:59 PM2/2/08
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 12:30:44 -0500, Linonut wrote:

> * tha...@tux.glaci.delete-t>

> The thing is, even if Roy (and to a much larger extent, Rex) post some
> misleading or incorrect information sometimes, the nuggets of value in
> their posts far outweigh the nuggets of truth you'll find in all of the
> COLA trolls combined.

Nuggets of truth?
You're kidding, right?
With Roy Schestowitz and Rex Ballard it's like corn in your shit.

IOW, the shit usually far outweighs the corn.

> In fact, sometimes I think it outweighs all the nuggets of COLA troll
> /shit/.

Hardly.

Ballard posts more corn in one pile of shit than any human could in a
month.

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 2, 2008, 12:37:10 PM2/2/08
____/ Linonut on Saturday 02 February 2008 17:30 : \____

> * tha...@tux.glaci.delete-this.com peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>> Open Movie Editor - Surprisingly Robust
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://stream0.org/2008/01/open-movie-editor-surprisingly.html
>
> It is in the Debian 64-bit repo, too. Cool!
>
>> Cool, I had not stumbled across this project before this. It looks
>> like it is not as full featured as Cinelerra but much more user
>> friendly. Thanks for the link... this is why I really appreciate
>> your [News] posts.
>
> I do too.
>
> The thing is, even if Roy (and to a much larger extent, Rex) post some
> misleading or incorrect information sometimes, the nuggets of value in
> their posts far outweigh the nuggets of truth you'll find in all of the
> COLA trolls combined.
>
> In fact, sometimes I think it outweighs all the nuggets of COLA troll
> /shit/.

Chris, filter out the troll altogether (all of them). COLA will feel totally
different... kind of like [H]omer's stats.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Linux: does exactly what it says on the tin

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 2, 2008, 1:13:07 PM2/2/08
On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 17:29:47 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> I rarely post anything about applications (time is limited). Glad you found it
> handy...

Yea..
Your too busy posting Microsoft, Novell, Linspire, Xandros hate messages
Roy Schestowitz.

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 2, 2008, 1:15:32 PM2/2/08

Thanks for admitting [Homer]'s stats are bogus, Roy Schestowitz......

Linonut

Feb 2, 2008, 1:35:04 PM2/2/08

> Chris, filter out the troll altogether (all of them). COLA will feel totally
> different... kind of like [H]omer's stats.

True.

<voice name="michael jackson" tone="whiny">
But what about the newbies?
</voice>

--
God is not willing to do everything, and thus take away our free will and that
share of glory which belongs to us.

DFS

Feb 2, 2008, 1:27:14 PM2/2/08
Linonut wrote:

>> Chris, filter out the troll altogether (all of them). COLA will feel
>> totally different... kind of like [H]omer's stats.
>
> True.

In other words, it will feel like it's full of one-way lying bullshit slung
by MS-hating Linux morons.

[H]omer

Feb 2, 2008, 3:44:55 PM2/2/08

>> Chris, filter out the troll altogether (all of them). COLA will
>> feel totally different... kind of like [H]omer's stats.
>
> True.
>
> <voice name="michael jackson" tone="whiny">
> But what about the newbies?
> </voice>

I used to blanket-filter all Google, Teranews, Motzarella, Aioe, and
other Troll havens, but that not only tends to kill the Trolls, but also
the likes of Doug; Ghost; Rex and others, so I went back to filtering on
a case by case basis. It's not difficult, especially at client level
(hit the bozo button). I actually do it at server level now (hence the
absence of Trolls in the stats ... except Fuddie).

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
| make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
| - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

20:44:30 up 43 days, 18:20, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.17

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 2, 2008, 3:57:55 PM2/2/08
On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 20:44:55 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
>> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>>> Chris, filter out the troll altogether (all of them). COLA will
>>> feel totally different... kind of like [H]omer's stats.
>>
>> True.
>>
>> <voice name="michael jackson" tone="whiny">
>> But what about the newbies?
>> </voice>
>
> I used to blanket-filter all Google, Teranews, Motzarella, Aioe, and
> other Troll havens, but that not only tends to kill the Trolls, but also
> the likes of Doug; Ghost; Rex and others, so I went back to filtering on
> a case by case basis. It's not difficult, especially at client level
> (hit the bozo button). I actually do it at server level now (hence the
> absence of Trolls in the stats ... except Fuddie).

Classic post [Homo]
Classic!

Let's see:

Doug Mental, eerr Mentohl, a psycho who stalks journalists and tries to
hack peoples /. accounts as well as tracking down their employers and
trying to get them fired.
Doug has made personal threats against numerous people as well.
Doug also posts from anonymous proxies all over the place and trolls under
various nyms.
Filters should not effect his posts at all.

He's really a great Linux advocate. (NOT!!!!)

Rex Ballard: It's all been said already. Google it.

BTW thanks for admitting your stats are bogus [Homer].
BTW when are we going to see the source code to your scripts?

HYPOCRITE = [homer] != Linux Advocate

Linonut

Feb 2, 2008, 9:06:30 PM2/2/08
* DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:

No. If you could take out all of the baiting sneering provocations of
the MS and Mac fluffers, you'd probably get something more like
comp.lang.c++.

Your characterization above is highly mean-spirited.

If you exhibited a better attitude, you'd make more headway with your
points.

--
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance
need not be feared.

Doug Mentohl

Feb 3, 2008, 9:26:14 AM2/3/08
On 2 Feb, 20:57, Gary Moshe Flatfish wrote:

> Let's see:

missus flattie shows off her best attributes ..
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/doug_mentohl/missusflattieshowsoffherbestattribu.jpg

missus flattie entertains the neighbours ..
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/doug_mentohl/missusflattieentertainstheneighbour.jpg

missus flattie on holiday in Mexico ..
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/doug_mentohl/missusflattieonholidayinmexico.jpg

Hadron

Feb 3, 2008, 5:20:30 PM2/3/08
Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> writes:

> * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> Linonut wrote:
>>> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> True.
>>
>> In other words, it will feel like it's full of one-way lying bullshit slung
>> by MS-hating Linux morons.
>
> No. If you could take out all of the baiting sneering provocations of
> the MS and Mac fluffers, you'd probably get something more like
> comp.lang.c++.
>
> Your characterization above is highly mean-spirited.
>
> If you exhibited a better attitude, you'd make more headway with your
> points.

You really are a schizo loony. I wish you would read your own posts.

Doug Mentohl

Feb 4, 2008, 9:24:24 AM2/4/08
Moshe FlaTfarb wrote:

> Yea..

Curiously enough the first two were removed for violation of terms. But
no the once featuring missus flattie engeged in a bit of interspecies humpy.