SCO Linux license was requested by customers

Daeron

Dec 18, 2005, 6:03:52 PM12/18/05
Q&A: SCO's Darl McBride on IBM lawsuit, future plans
Todd R. Weiss Aug 10 2005 Las Vegas --

.. The SCOsource licensing deals were originally not created by us but
from requests by customers. They didn't want to wait for the conclusion
of the legal battles, and they wanted to use Linux with SCO Unix
licenses.

We had some initial takers. People started signing up until other
companies started popping up with indemnification and said, 'We will
cover you' if SCO ultimately wins its court fight ...

http://snipurl.com/kvzh
http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/unix/story/0,10801,103812,00.html?source=x2046

George Ellison

Dec 18, 2005, 6:30:10 PM12/18/05
"Daeron" <doug.m...@gmail.com> writes:

They are so doomed. About 50,000 buzzwords and no mention of any
specific product. They seem to be downplaying their litigation
portfolio as well, and seem to be specifying on IBM. My guess is that
someone's drilled it into Darl's head that his case is built on hot
air and bullshit, and he's making sure he's got face time in the press
so that he can get a job with MS or $un.
--
BOFH Excuse #33:

piezo-electric interference

7

Dec 18, 2005, 7:11:42 PM12/18/05
Daeron wrote:

story/0,10801,103812,00.html?source=x2046

I was under the impression that SCO$ is in contempt of court
if they breath a word of this litigation in public
to enhance their stock or their prospects.

Does this now mean IBM and its investors can point at this
outburst and demand punative damages?

Freeride

Dec 18, 2005, 11:39:45 PM12/18/05
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:30:10 -0500, George Ellison wrote:

> My guess is that
> someone's drilled it into Darl's head that his case is built on hot
> air and bullshit

Darl's head was already full of hot air and bullshit.