[News] Openness Grows in Norway and German Authorities

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 15, 2009, 8:51:29 PM11/15/09

Norwegian mapping authority frees up maps

,----[ Quote ]
| Oh, those crazy Norwegians. They’re giving
| away maps for free. Within limits – it’s
| limited to “individuals and non-profit
| associations”. So that’s half a step towards
| free data.
|
| Interesting that this is also including
| maritime information – the stuff that the UK
| Hydrographic Office sort-of provides; it’s
| rumoured to be on the list for
| privatisation, however.
`----

http://www.freeourdata.org.uk/blog/2009/11/norwegian-mapping-authority-frees-up-maps/

German petition takes Open Access movement by surprise

,----[ Quote ]
| RP: How does the petition process work: As I
| understand it if you get 50,000 signatures
| by December 22nd it gets debated in the
| German Parliament? Is that right?
|
| LF: The goal is to get as many signatures as
| possible. The Bundestag FAQ says that if
| 50,000 signatures are reached within three
| weeks, the petition will be discussed
| publicly in the Bundestag Petition
| Committee, in a session where I'm entitled
| to take part. But even if fewer people sign,
| every accepted petition will be reviewed by
| two members of the Committee, so every vote
| counts.
`----

http://poynder.blogspot.com/2009/11/german-petition-takes-open-access.html

Recent:

NO: Open standards adopted in the central and local government

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.epractice.eu/en/news/294346