Nice little article on Linux Advocacy

TomB

Jan 23, 2009, 8:27:11 PM1/23/09
<-- quote -->
Linux advocacy is caught up in a race to the bottom, and this is
understandable, because for those who wish to dethrone Windows, diving
to the bottom appears to be the most direct route to the throne. But
appearances are deceiving, and I don't see any glory in capturing the
dumb crown anyway. The Queen of Twits! The King of The Clueless! Er...
no thank you.

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-01-24-001-35-OS-CY-OO

--
The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents,
and the second half by our children.

RonB

Jan 23, 2009, 9:22:41 PM1/23/09
TomB wrote:

> The Queen of Twits! The King of The Clueless!

That he is.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"

High Plains Thumper

Jan 24, 2009, 7:31:03 PM1/24/09
TomB wrote:
> <-- quote --> Linux advocacy is caught up in a race to the
> bottom, and this is understandable, because for those who wish
> to dethrone Windows, diving to the bottom appears to be the
> most direct route to the throne. But appearances are
> deceiving, and I don't see any glory in capturing the dumb
> crown anyway. The Queen of Twits! The King of The Clueless!
> Er... no thank you.
>
> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-01-24-001-35-OS-CY-OO

A good description of the Wintrolls in this newsgroup:

[quote]
And on and on.... it's condescending and embarrassing. Rather
like the well-meaning but ignorant people who are quite sure they
know all about being gay, or non-white, or not raised in
privilege... you get the idea. They're sweet and they mean well,
but they don't know squat and really need to close their mouths,
and open their eyes and ears. I swear the next time I read some
Linux review or news story where the reporter throws up his or
her hands in despair and gives up because "It's too hard for Joe
Sixpack!" instead of finding answers, or talking to actual users,
like a real journalist is supposed to do, I will go to their
house and I will slap them silly. Ok I won't, but I sure would
like to.
[/quote]

--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati

Snit

Jan 26, 2009, 10:46:57 PM1/26/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post 497bb2c7$0$3336$6e1e...@read.cnntp.org
on 1/24/09 5:31 PM:

How about posting about Linux instead of your off-topic rant?

[quote]
1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy. The charter of
comp.os.linux.advocacy is: For discussion of the benefits of
Linux compared to other operating systems.
[/quote]

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]