Sandisk sues for patent infringement ..

Doug Mentohl

Nov 1, 2007, 3:20:02 PM11/1/07
"Sandisk Corp. .. has filed lawsuits against 25 makers of flash-powered
products accusing them in patent infringements"

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20071031214902.html

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 1, 2007, 7:55:24 PM11/1/07
____/ Doug Mentohl on Thursday 01 November 2007 19:20 : \____

> "Sandisk Corp. .. has filed lawsuits against 25 makers of flash-powered
> products accusing them in patent infringements"
>
> http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20071031214902.html

That's the sort of patent mess that a not reform is intended to resolve, but a
more civil industry can solve.

What utter stupidity. They are holding technology back, which hurts the
consumer.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Never awaking askew, no matter what they ask you

Tim Smith

Nov 2, 2007, 5:41:03 AM11/2/07
In article <8747581.t...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> > http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20071031214902.html
>
> That's the sort of patent mess that a not reform is intended to resolve, but a
> more civil industry can solve.

Could you say that again, but in English this time?

> What utter stupidity. They are holding technology back, which hurts the
> consumer.

You can't know that unless you've looked at the patent. Can you
summarize the claims for those of us who have not yet looked at the
patent?

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 2, 2007, 8:48:24 AM11/2/07
____/ Tim Smith on Friday 02 November 2007 09:41 : \____

Messing with subject line again, to get past filters?

> In article <8747581.t...@schestowitz.com>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20071031214902.html
>>
>> That's the sort of patent mess that a not reform is intended to resolve, but
>> a more civil industry can solve.
>
> Could you say that again, but in English this time?

s/a not/not a/

>> What utter stupidity. They are holding technology back, which hurts the
>> consumer.
>
> You can't know that unless you've looked at the patent. Can you
> summarize the claims for those of us who have not yet looked at the
> patent?

The company disseminated what's perceived as a (/de facto/) standard and then
strikes to collect cash. Another recent IEEE sepc/standard for Wi-Fi had
nobody support it simply because of patents. It was an El Reg exclusive scoop.

I've noticed comments from you in Digg (people reply to you, which gets you
past the blocklist). Are you still systematically going through all my
comments and modding them down? Who is that 'kretik' fellow that's also on my
blocklist? Some people reply to him too and I know for a fact that he mods
down _all_ my comments. Given what he has said, he's from COLA also, but which
one? There's no 'kretik' in COLA?

Eh, 'harlowmonkey'? Nymshift much? You do for a fact. I bet your real name
is /not/ Tim Smith (not even Tim Hadron FunkenGary). You're probably some PR
puppet for someone, or work for a Microsoft partner, if not participate or
lead a startup which is a Microsoft suckpuppet that relies on obedience in the
shilcosystem of Gorillaman Ballmer and Bribemachine Pearlygates.

As Slated.org puts it, "you can run, but you can't hide." You're here to troll
for your own selfish motives. You're a troll and you don't belong here.

And stop stalking me in Digg. You'll end up insane like Gary, who has
apparently got some obssession with changing sexes.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | /earth: file system full

Tim Smith

Nov 2, 2007, 11:50:15 AM11/2/07
In article <2164691.F...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> Eh, 'harlowmonkey'? Nymshift much? You do for a fact. I bet your real
> name is /not/ Tim Smith (not even Tim Hadron FunkenGary). You're
> probably some PR puppet for someone, or work for a Microsoft partner,
> if not participate or lead a startup which is a Microsoft suckpuppet
> that relies on obedience in the shilcosystem of Gorillaman Ballmer
> and Bribemachine Pearlygates.
>
> As Slated.org puts it, "you can run, but you can't hide." You're here
> to troll for your own selfish motives. You're a troll and you don't
> belong here.
>
> And stop stalking me in Digg. You'll end up insane like Gary, who has
> apparently got some obssession with changing sexes.

Yeah, Roy. It's all a vast PR scheme, but the scope is much bigger than
you can imagine. Consider that I've posted to usenet as "Tim Smith" for
at least *23* *years* (maybe longer, but Google doesn't have anything
before that). You realize what that means? It means we started our
conspiracy against you before you were even born. Way back in the early
'80s, we sat down, and created "Tim Smith", and then spent almost a
quarter century building deep cover, but you saw through that. Drat.
The Master will be displeased.

[H]omer

Nov 2, 2007, 12:15:35 PM11/2/07

> ____/ Tim Smith on Friday 02 November 2007 09:41 : \____

[nothing of interest]

> And stop stalking me in Digg. You'll end up insane like Gary, who has
> apparently got some obssession with changing sexes.

Timmy has to Troll in Digg; it the only place anyone pays him any attention.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
| make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
| - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

16:13:50 up 85 days, 16:08, 2 users, load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.07

Bruce Banner

Nov 2, 2007, 4:51:32 PM11/2/07

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message

Or even worse. He might end up as crazy and insane like *YOU*

Last I checked it was Roy Schestowitz who thinks that Microsoft is behind
every conspiracy in the world. When they are not busy killing puppy dogs
Steve and Bill are out poisoning baby food.

Last I checked it was Roy Schestowitz that has delusions where everyone in
Digg is conspiring against him in order to ruin his reputation which is
already worth less than dog-shit thanks to your own dishonesty.

Last I checked it was Roy Schestowitz that claimed a poster in Digg was a
MS Shill but the proof showed that only 3-5% of the guys posts had
absolutely anything at all to do with Microsoft.

Last I checked it was Roy Schestowitz that thinks that people are paid to
post here and thinks that some guy named "Gary Stewart" is behind every
post he doesn't agree with even though you have yet to show a single shred
of evidence that suggests this is the case.

<sarcasm>
Yeah... Tim sure is the crazy one and not YOU.
</sarcasm>

Tim Smith

Nov 2, 2007, 6:02:25 PM11/2/07
In article <2164691.F...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> ____/ Tim Smith on Friday 02 November 2007 09:41 : \____

> >> That's the sort of patent mess that a not reform is intended to resolve,
> >> but
> >> a more civil industry can solve.
> >
> > Could you say that again, but in English this time?
>

> s/a not/not a/

So you meant to say:

That's the sort of patent mess that not a reform is intended to

resolve, but a more civil industry can solve.

?

It's still not close to a coherent English sentence.

Mark Kent

Nov 3, 2007, 7:16:11 AM11/3/07
Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> espoused:

> "Sandisk Corp. .. has filed lawsuits against 25 makers of flash-powered
> products accusing them in patent infringements"
>
> http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20071031214902.html

Daeron, if you'd put a [News] tag at the start of the subject line, I
could include these in the digest.

The digest gets upwards of 1000 hits/day, and is carried on several
systems, so it's a good opportunity to spread the word a little wider.

Your call, of course.

Mark Kent

Nov 3, 2007, 7:17:32 AM11/3/07
[H]omer <sp...@uce.gov> espoused:

>> ____/ Tim Smith on Friday 02 November 2007 09:41 : \____
>
> [nothing of interest]
>
>> And stop stalking me in Digg. You'll end up insane like Gary, who has
>> apparently got some obssession with changing sexes.
>
> Timmy has to Troll in Digg; it the only place anyone pays him any attention.

I don't know why these guys continue to do this. Surely they can see
that we're well into the end-game now?

I suppose it will be a sad day for them when they do shut up shop, but
you cannot continue fighting when you've clearly lost.

Doug Mentohl

Nov 8, 2007, 2:14:06 PM11/8/07
Tim Smith wrote:

> Yeah, Roy. It's all a vast PR scheme ..

Just for the record, can you confirm that you are not recieving
renumeration for posting either here or elsewhere on the web.

Mark Kent

Nov 10, 2007, 5:55:36 AM11/10/07
Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> espoused:

Doubtful. Microsoft's cola shilcosystem is surely paid for.

Kier

Nov 10, 2007, 7:24:35 AM11/10/07
On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:55:36 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> espoused:
>> Tim Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, Roy. It's all a vast PR scheme ..
>>
>> Just for the record, can you confirm that you are not recieving
>> renumeration for posting either here or elsewhere on the web.
>
> Doubtful. Microsoft's cola shilcosystem is surely paid for.

Have you any evidence for that? Frankly, the idiea is ludicrous.

--
Kier

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 10, 2007, 10:23:51 AM11/10/07
____/ Kier on Saturday 10 November 2007 12:24 : \____

It's paid for. Not necessarily under the table though.

If Microsoft partners get invited over, you know..,. to go on a jet plain and
be taken to nice meal, that's a form of payment. Microsoft developer and
partner events would be an example of this. It's the sharing of loot.

See the following:

Bribing Bloggers

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the most frustrating thing about the practice of giving
| bloggers free stuff: it pisses in the well, reducing the credibility
| of all blogs. I'm upset that people trust me less because of the
| behavior of other bloggers. Don't even get me started about PayPerPost.
|
| [...]
|
| Do not, under any circumstances, consider upgrading an XP system to
| Vista... even if it's fairly new and even if it's Vista Supremo
| Premium Ultra-Capable.
`----

Microsoft really loves Bloggers !!!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft regularly flies customers and industry experts to its
| campus in Washington to listen to the feedback given by those
| people.The company invites dozens of key customers and partners
| to the event,where they spend brainstorming as a group.But as of
| late, Microsoft has changed it's strategy and the company is
| making extensive use of blogs to get direct customer feedback.
|
| Within a year,more than 1000 Microsoft employee blogs featured
| developers and product managers talking directly to customers every
| day, instead of once a year.Microsoft employees read dozens of
| blogs every day to see how customers react to Microsoft products
| and services. In fact,Microsoft employees have taken a bigger leap
| and even contribute to other's blogs in the expanding space of
| Blogosphere.
`----

http://thoughtsprevail.blogspot.com/2007/03/microsoft-really-loves-bloggers.html

Blogging for dollars raises questions

,----[ Quote ]
| Then there was the law firm looking to find clients who had used a
| certain birth control patch. The firm told bloggers to "get creative,
| have fun with your post and help spread the word" -- the word being
| that the patch was killing and injuring young women.
`----

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-blogs0319,0,5617465.story

Microsoft Traps and Hunts for Bloggers in India !!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has announced the "Microsoft BlogStars" contest, to Hunts
| for Developer Bloggers in India. After feeling the power and increase of
| the Bloggers community in India, Microsoft tries to trap and hunt Bloggers
| in India to buildup the blogging community, for writing blog posts
| supporting towards Microsoft Technologies.
`----

http://i5bala.blogspot.com/2006/10/microsoft-traps-and-hunts-for-bloggers.html

Seattle Area Bloggers Needed for Microsoft User Research Study

,----[ Quote ]
| For your participation, we'll give you your choice of retail
| software and hardware from our extensive list. Current titles
| include the latest Xbox, Xbox 360, and PC games, keyboards,
| Microsoft Office, Windows, productivity software and much more.
`----

http://blogs.msdn.com/usability_recruiting/archive/2007/01/05/seattle-area-bloggers-needed-for-microsoft-user-research-study.aspx

Microsoft's Laptop Giveaway Becoming PR Disaster?

,----[ Quote ]
| This thing is starting to feel like a PR disaster. Bloggers are
| starting to smell blood and this thing very well may begin to
| turn into yet another episode of bloggers gone wild.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061228/23174_id.html?.v=1

Bribing Bloggers

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a bribe. Period. You say nice things about us, you get nice
| things from us. Heck, just say neutral things about us-we'll give
| you a killer new laptop and we know that you'll be inclined to say
| better things about us.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2077596,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

Getting a Vaio [with Vista, from Microsoft, even in March 2007]

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Belgium rang me yesterday (I don?t think they realised it
| was a public holiday here!).
|
| [...]
|
| The phone call yesterday was to confirm my address - the laptop (a
| Sony Vaio - dunno which model or spec yet) is en route with Vista
| Ultimate and Office Ultimate pre-installed.
`----

http://www.tomrafteryit.net/getting-a-vaio/

INQhack survives Vistability test in Volesville

,----[ Quote ]
| The Vole (Microsoft) supposedly invited The INQ over for tea because
| we are notorious "Microsoft doubters" - and we were accompanied by
| other supposed Vole doubters such as the folk from lifehacker and
| a very nice man from Slashdot, as well as some Microsoft MvPs.
`----

Microsoft desperately wants my love -- and yours

,----[ Quote ]
| I spent December seventh, eighth, and ninth in Seattle as Microsoft's
| guest. Microsoft flew me there from Florida at its expense, put me up
| in a nice hotel, provided decent food, and comped me and four other
| invitees to this "special conference" with presentations about the
| marvels of Vista and other recent or upcoming Microsoft products. They
| didn't quite play the old Beatles song "Love Me Do" in the background,
| but it was the event's unstated theme.
`----

~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
15:20:01 up 10 days, 19:31, 3 users, load average: 0.65, 0.31, 0.37

Mark Kent

Nov 10, 2007, 3:37:38 PM11/10/07
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:

Kier knows very well that there is huge evidence for this. Kier is here
to support the Microsoft agenda, which he does in an extremely subtle,
but highly effective way.

Were he equally naive about all sides, then I'd consider him merely a
little deaf and a little blind, but I do not believe that anyone could
be so consistently naive about Microsoft, yet so anti the on-topic,
pro-charter postings, even when claims are supported with acres of
evidence, kier will express the same incredulity that Erik or Timmy
would.

Kier is just another Erik. He's a lot smarter, of course, but still,
he's just another Erik.

Kier

Nov 10, 2007, 4:25:32 PM11/10/07

Codswallop. I'm just sick of reading this nonsense. Not everyone who
doesn't toe your narrow line is a 'shill' or a plant or anything else.
Does it remotely occur to you they might simply believe they are in the
right? Do I think MS tries to influence people? Yes, of course they do.
But I doubt they always succeed

> Were he equally naive about all sides, then I'd consider him merely a
> little deaf and a little blind, but I do not believe that anyone could
> be so consistently naive about Microsoft, yet so anti the on-topic,

You are ridiculous, Mark. I DO NOT 'support' MS, nor am I naive. YOu are a
fool.

> pro-charter postings, even when claims are supported with acres of
> evidence, kier will express the same incredulity that Erik or Timmy
> would.

The evidence is flawed. Not completely, but enough to make it suspect. Roy
particularly needs to be more accurate and selective in his reporting, and
stop making assumptions. That's all I'm saying. He'd be a better and much
more effective advocate that way. You know it and I know it, but you
won't admit it.

> Kier is just another Erik. He's a lot smarter, of course, but still,
> he's just another Erik.

You fucking liar. Produce proof of this utterly dishonest statement or
retract it immediately.

--
Kier

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 10, 2007, 7:19:03 PM11/10/07
____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 20:37 : \____

> Kier is here
> to support the Microsoft agenda, which he does in an extremely subtle,
> but highly effective way.

No, stop it. He just prefers/chooses to believe that Microsoft has no role
in /buying/ the market. He's here to advocate, but his approach is different.

BTW, /s/plain/plane/. I reread my last post.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | "Web 2.0 is everything that can be spammed" --Unknown
Cpu(s): 26.4%us, 4.3%sy, 1.0%ni, 63.8%id, 4.1%wa, 0.2%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

Mark Kent

Nov 11, 2007, 6:07:40 AM11/11/07
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:

> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 20:37 : \____
>
>> Kier is here
>> to support the Microsoft agenda, which he does in an extremely subtle,
>> but highly effective way.
>
> No, stop it. He just prefers/chooses to believe that Microsoft has no role
> in /buying/ the market. He's here to advocate, but his approach is different.

Very different indeed. He's very very clever in what he does. He only
speaks to trolls, for example - that's why he's here - to encourage
them. To give them a platform. To provide them with means to express
their off-topic, anti-charter views.

Kier

Nov 11, 2007, 6:20:08 AM11/11/07
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:07:40 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:
>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 20:37 : \____
>>
>>> Kier is here
>>> to support the Microsoft agenda, which he does in an extremely subtle,
>>> but highly effective way.
>>
>> No, stop it. He just prefers/chooses to believe that Microsoft has no role
>> in /buying/ the market. He's here to advocate, but his approach is different.
>
> Very different indeed. He's very very clever in what he does. He only
> speaks to trolls, for example - that's why he's here - to encourage
> them. To give them a platform. To provide them with means to express
> their off-topic, anti-charter views.

Liar.

--
Kier

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 11, 2007, 8:17:55 AM11/11/07
____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 11:07 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:
>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 20:37 : \____
>>
>>> Kier is here
>>> to support the Microsoft agenda, which he does in an extremely subtle,
>>> but highly effective way.
>>
>> No, stop it. He just prefers/chooses to believe that Microsoft has no role
>> in /buying/ the market. He's here to advocate, but his approach is
>> different.
>
> Very different indeed. He's very very clever in what he does. He only
> speaks to trolls, for example - that's why he's here - to encourage
> them. To give them a platform. To provide them with means to express
> their off-topic, anti-charter views.

Naa, I don't think so. It's too far fetched, IMHO.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Microsoft loves competition.
"We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."
--Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President

Doug Mentohl

Nov 11, 2007, 4:14:06 PM11/11/07
On 10 Nov, 12:24, Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:55:36 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

>> Doubtful. Microsoft's cola shilcosystem is surely paid for.

> Have you any evidence for that? Frankly, the idea is ludicrous.

Well, the people who run Big Brother were hiring on bloggers a while
back. I know this cause a friend of mine was hired on a while back.
You sat in on the group in shifts and tried to stear the conversation
off of unsound opinion. You had to pretend to be a regular joe, a bit
like what goes on here.

I think the main problem with groups like COLA is that the media is
afraid their own journalists are going to pick up bad opinion,
especially as they have to monitor them all the time. Why I post here
and elsewhere is, in my own small way, to try and hold back the ever
rising tide of corporate bullshit. Here's how another lone voice
crying in the wilderness once put it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=90ELleCQvew

Mark Kent

Nov 11, 2007, 5:11:20 PM11/11/07
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:
> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 11:07 : \____
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:
>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 20:37 : \____

>>> No, stop it. He just prefers/chooses to believe that Microsoft has no role
>>> in /buying/ the market. He's here to advocate, but his approach is
>>> different.
>>
>> Very different indeed. He's very very clever in what he does. He only
>> speaks to trolls, for example - that's why he's here - to encourage
>> them. To give them a platform. To provide them with means to express
>> their off-topic, anti-charter views.
>
> Naa, I don't think so. It's too far fetched, IMHO.

I think its too far fetched that he's doing anything else...

Mark Kent

Nov 11, 2007, 5:12:20 PM11/11/07
Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> espoused:

But in Kier's world, this kind of thing just doesn't happen.

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 11, 2007, 6:07:50 PM11/11/07
____/ Doug Mentohl on Sunday 11 November 2007 21:14 : \____

> I think the main problem with groups like COLA is that the media is
> afraid their own journalists are going to pick up bad opinion,
> especially as they have to monitor them all the time.

"It also was strange to see just how many resources are aligned
against me when I write a story about Microsoft."

"there were close to a dozen other people involved...Some transcribed
the interviews I conducted; others kept notes on my every utterance
for clues about what questions I might ask next and ultimately what my
story would say; others briefed executives with questions I had asked
and suggested good answers."

http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/03/enough_about_me.html

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null

23:05:02 up 12 days, 3:16, 3 users, load average: 0.90, 1.41, 1.87

p5000011

Nov 11, 2007, 7:45:13 PM11/11/07
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:11:20 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:
>> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 11:07 : \____
>>

>>> Very different indeed. He's very very clever in what he does. He
>>> only speaks to trolls, for example - that's why he's here - to
>>> encourage them. To give them a platform. To provide them with
>>> means to express their off-topic, anti-charter views.
>>
>> Naa, I don't think so. It's too far fetched, IMHO.
>
> I think its too far fetched that he's doing anything else...

Bullshit. Kier is very naive but he is a linux advocate. You just look
very silly making these stupid accusations. I presume you think the
same of linonut and ghost who also feed trolls.

Reading again what you wrote makes me wonder about your sanity. Time
for you to take a rest from cola. Your opinion of Kier, based on his
posts I've read, is completely irrational IMHO.

Mark Kent

Nov 12, 2007, 6:46:40 AM11/12/07
p5000011 <p500...@gmail.com> espoused:

> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:11:20 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:
>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 11:07 : \____

>>> Naa, I don't think so. It's too far fetched, IMHO.
>>
>> I think its too far fetched that he's doing anything else...
>
> Bullshit.

If you start with that, I read no further. If you really want a debate,
then kindly treat my remarks with respect.

Kier

Nov 12, 2007, 10:09:49 AM11/12/07
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:11:20 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:
>> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 11:07 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:

>>> Very different indeed. He's very very clever in what he does. He only
>>> speaks to trolls, for example - that's why he's here - to encourage
>>> them. To give them a platform. To provide them with means to express
>>> their off-topic, anti-charter views.
>>
>> Naa, I don't think so. It's too far fetched, IMHO.
>>

> I think its too far fetched that he's doing anything else...

You're an idiot, quite frankly. It seems not to have occurred to you in
your narrow little world that not everyone who disagrees with you is
incorrect, lying, a shill or a troll.

--
Kier

Kier

Nov 12, 2007, 10:11:22 AM11/12/07
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:12:20 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> espoused:

>>> Have you any evidence for that? Frankly, the idea is ludicrous.
>>
>> Well, the people who run Big Brother were hiring on bloggers a while
>> back. I know this cause a friend of mine was hired on a while back.
>> You sat in on the group in shifts and tried to stear the conversation
>> off of unsound opinion. You had to pretend to be a regular joe, a bit
>> like what goes on here.
>>
>> I think the main problem with groups like COLA is that the media is
>> afraid their own journalists are going to pick up bad opinion,
>> especially as they have to monitor them all the time. Why I post here
>> and elsewhere is, in my own small way, to try and hold back the ever
>> rising tide of corporate bullshit. Here's how another lone voice
>> crying in the wilderness once put it:
>>
>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=90ELleCQvew
>>

> But in Kier's world, this kind of thing just doesn't happen.

Not nearly as often as you think, certainly.

--
Kier