Bill Gates set to prevent hurricanes

RickyBobby

Jul 14, 2009, 1:16:50 AM7/14/09
Microsoft founder Bill Gates has filed for patents for his device to end the
threat of hurricanes. It pretty much says that if cold water is drawn up
from the depths of the ocean to cool off the warm water on the surface then
hurricanes will not have any source of energy.

Bill Gates is a miracle worker time and time again.

Ian Hilliard

Jul 14, 2009, 3:38:33 AM7/14/09

This from the same man who was going to save us from spam.

Bill Gates is a college drop out from a rich family who was at the right
place at the right time and had the financial backing and legal finesse
of his wealthy parents.

Ian

Ezekiel

Jul 14, 2009, 8:27:35 AM7/14/09
Ian Hilliard wrote:

So in other words it was all luck - being at the right place at the right
time and all that. Of course someone like you could have accomplished the
same thing, probably even better.

Some of the "advocates" are about the same age or even older than Gates. So
why didn't they take the ball and run with it? Why didn't they even bother
trying?

amicus_curious

Jul 14, 2009, 9:34:18 AM7/14/09

"Ezekiel" <Ze...@not-such-email-address.com> wrote in message
If you look at things with this in mind, there are a lot of situations that
you could study. A lot has to do with entrepreneurship abilities and
personal discipline. Take for example the case of Steve Jobs vs. Bill
Gates. Now they were contemporaries who even felt a sense of
competitiveness between them and they knew each other both before and after
the great rise in the fortunes of each. Jobs was the early leader with
Apple being the far and away market leader before the IBM PC came on the
scene and Microsoft being mostly a supplier of software for Apple. How and
why did that change? Why did Microsoft come out on top by a wide margin?

Serendipity played a role, to be sure, but it can be argued that what
happened in the PC industry was more or less normal and could have been
predicted, i.e. IBM, the computer supplier, would make an entry into the
"home computer" market once it was an established opportunity. Could Apple
have stood off IBM and held their market share if Jobs had been smarter?
Would IBM have had the success it had without Microsoft's moves and had used
DRI software instead?

There are real opportunities to see what worked and what did not without the
silly myths and legends generated by the Microsoft haters. Gates' mother
did nothing to further the IBM contract and had no authority or influence,
but it is a tale that the losers tell one another to convince themselves
that their own shortcomings were not to blame and that they were unfairly
beaten.

Ezekiel

Jul 14, 2009, 9:52:51 AM7/14/09
amicus_curious wrote:

If you took the same people (Gates, Jobs, Ellison, etc) and went back in
time 200 years they would most likely be successful again. Obviously it
wouldn't be with computers and software but their entrepreneur ability
would enable them to create a successful farm machinary factory or a
dealership that sold buggy-whips or something.

And if you took the freetards here and put these freetards into any point in
time they would once again become the same whining losers that they are
today. Winners will be winners under most any set of conditions. And the
losers will try to find excuses as a way of rationalizing their failure.

Phil Da Lick!

Jul 14, 2009, 10:06:05 AM7/14/09
Ezekiel wrote:
> And the
> losers will try to find excuses as a way of rationalizing their failure.

Such as you bozos' continued self justification for being here.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 14, 2009, 11:27:45 AM7/14/09

Bill Gates is a visionary.

RMS is a social outcast who picks and eats his own toe jam in
public.

Hadron

Jul 14, 2009, 11:52:19 AM7/14/09
Ezekiel <Ze...@not-such-email-address.com> writes:

You must remember that Ian has a bigger head than Rexx Kingmaker
Ballard. Apparently he factors EVERYTHING into his project plans. A true
legend in his own lunchtime.... So much so that not compiling *drivers*
from source is "dumbing users down" according to him.

--
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/windows-emulation/wine-faq/

"Nope, we know what an emulator does, and wine doesn't." - AH
** http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/dec7cb073d761af4

JEDIDIAH

Jul 14, 2009, 11:55:59 AM7/14/09

Bill Gates is a sandbagging opportunist.

--

Nothing today, likely nothing since we tamed fire,
is genuinely new: culture, like science and |||

Judge Alex Kozinski
US Court of Appeals
9th Circuit

Ezekiel

Jul 14, 2009, 12:08:22 PM7/14/09
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

I've never met or seen Stallman in person. But I was at an Oracle developers
conference a few years ago and Larry Ellison was there at one of the larger
sessions. I definitely did *NOT* hang out and talk with Ellison and I'm
claiming anything of that sort. But after the session a few of us were
talking in a group and Ellison was talking with the group of people
directly next to us.

I'll summarize this by saying that even if you had no idea who he was...
Larry Ellison has the "aura" of a billionaire that runs a massively
successful company. Just by the way he dresses, the way he talks and the
way he presents himself leaves you with no doubt as to who's in charge.
That guy was born to run Oracle or some other massive company.

Then we have Richard Stallman... like I said earlier I've never met the guy
nor do I care to. But RMS radiates the aura/stench of a disgusting fat slob
who could benefit from a shower and a bar of soap. Put that pig into a room
of 50 people and he would be voted the hands-down favorite as the
person "most likely to eat his own toe jam in front of others."

Hadron

Jul 14, 2009, 12:12:43 PM7/14/09
Ezekiel <Ze...@not-such-email-address.com> writes:

Some are so pathetic they will also work WITH the things they profess to
despise so they can eat and continue to whinge and whine and blame
others on their lowly status. Think Koehlmann, Liarnut and Homer to name
but a few. Actually : all the Cola freetards.

amicus_curious

Jul 14, 2009, 1:02:43 PM7/14/09

> If you took the same people (Gates, Jobs, Ellison, etc) and went back in
> time 200 years they would most likely be successful again. Obviously it
> wouldn't be with computers and software but their entrepreneur ability
> would enable them to create a successful farm machinary factory or a
> dealership that sold buggy-whips or something.

That could very well be true, but it is pure speculation at best. However,
if you study what happened to Gates, Jobs, and Microsoft, Apple, DRI, IBM,
etc., you are dealing with contemporaneous people and actions taken by them
under the same set of circumstances and you can see fairly clearly what was
effective and what was not, what was done by the more successful individuals
and companies and what the less fortunate failed to do. It makes for a more
useful lesson in what to do in the next product market.

Richard Rasker

Jul 14, 2009, 1:40:31 PM7/14/09
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

Um, no. He's more like an "anti-visionary" -- I can't recall him ever having
done a prediction that actually came through, or devise a new, exciting and
successful product. He was always last to cotton on to any new
developments -- the emergence of the Internet being one of the more notable
things he never saw coming. Apart from Microsoft's monopoly-driven cash
cows Windows and Office, virtually everything that Gates/Microsoft has come
up with over the years has been a miserable failure, bleeding money like
there's no tomorrow.

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl

Ezekiel

Jul 14, 2009, 1:58:51 PM7/14/09
Richard Rasker wrote:

> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

>>> This from the same man who was going to save us from spam.
>>>

>>> Bill Gates is a college drop out from a rich family who was at the right
>>> place at the right time and had the financial backing and legal finesse
>>> of his wealthy parents.
>>>
>>> Ian
>>
>> Bill Gates is a visionary.
>

> Apart from Microsoft's monopoly-driven
> cash cows Windows and Office, virtually everything that Gates/Microsoft
> has come up with over the years has been a miserable failure, bleeding
> money like there's no tomorrow.

Their server based products make a ton of money. (Windows server, SQL
server, Exchange, etc.)

And their developer tools make a ton of money.

Not to mention that they are now making a profit from the XBox and their
gaming titles.

Their consulting services also generates a profit as do their premier (paid
for) support agreements.

And they make more money in one year selling mice and keyboards than your
company will make in it's entire lifetime.

But otherwise you're almost right... Microsoft is just barely able to
survive.

William Poaster

Jul 14, 2009, 2:01:31 PM7/14/09
Above the whining & shreiking of the trolls, Richard Rasker was heard
to say:

Err, yeah. Some "visionary" Gates is. Remember Sir Billy
Buttcrust, in January 2004, told a group at the World Economic Forum that
"two years from now, spam will be solved."
"Microsoft is pursuing all three approaches, and spam will soon be a
thing of the past," Mr Gates asserted.

Well 2006 is *three* years ago, & we're *still* waiting!

Yeah, he's *some* visionary...

--
Some of Hadron Quack's blunders & stupidity:

Surely you are not comparing the
non-existent Linux (at that time)
with Windows 98?
Hadron: Message-ID: <npk5rvz...@homelinux.net>

Linux as a desktop OS is pretty much doomed it would appear.
Too little too late.
Hadron: Message-ID: <fnd3jj$or8$2...@registered.motzarella.org>

Google Earth on Linux runs through its own Wine installer. Unless they
have gone "native"
Hadron: Message-ID: <gu1v6l$dmo$1...@news.motzarella.org>

Getting high performance Video cards working is a damn sight
easier on XP because the installers are better.
Debian/Ubuntu are a pain in the hole �- you need to recompile the latest
NVidia drivers using a set version of the compiler, for example, when
changing kernels.
Hadron: Message-ID: � <c9rks4-...@news.individual.net>

WINE is and was an emulator.
Hadron - Message-ID: <h2a282$t95$2...@news.motzarella.org>

The Hadron M$ fanboi troll contradicts himself!
"Ubuntu has really set the standard for quality."
Hadron Quark in a.o.l.u Jan 2007
"Ubuntu leaches off Debian where all the real hard work was done."
Hadron in cola - Message-ID: <gknmm8$9i1$1...@news.motzarella.org>

AZ Nomad

Jul 14, 2009, 2:20:31 PM7/14/09

Microsoft has made great strides in providing solutions for spam --
for the spammers that is, in the form of armies of compromized windows
machines.

Richard Rasker

Jul 14, 2009, 2:23:46 PM7/14/09
Ezekiel wrote:

So they have a handful of profitable products, none of which are very
remarkable or innovative -- none of the things you mention have been
originally invented by Gates or Microsoft, and the xbox only turns a profit
after Microsoft literally sank billions in it, to try and undercut the
competition.

What I'm referring to are the countless failures, all those things thought
out, announced, or predicted by Gates which either totally flopped, or
failed to materialize at all -- and on the other hand all those great IT
developments he never saw coming, even though he was supposed to be at the
epicentre of the IT world.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 14, 2009, 3:04:45 PM7/14/09

I felt the same way about both Scott McNealy and Phillpe Kahn,
both of whom I have met and I know what you are saying.

> Then we have Richard Stallman... like I said earlier I've never met the guy
> nor do I care to. But RMS radiates the aura/stench of a disgusting fat slob
> who could benefit from a shower and a bar of soap. Put that pig into a room
> of 50 people and he would be voted the hands-down favorite as the
> person "most likely to eat his own toe jam in front of others."

He is absolutely disgusting.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 14, 2009, 3:09:56 PM7/14/09

I said visionary, not a psychic.

"Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be
wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new
things and move forward with your life.ļæ½ -- Dr. David M. Burns"

Sounds like you have a severe case of sour grapes.....

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 14, 2009, 3:10:34 PM7/14/09

These Linux freetards are absolutely crazy......

JEDIDIAH

Jul 14, 2009, 3:29:18 PM7/14/09

Crazy because we're not impressed by Sybase bought and repackaged?

Yeah...

Windows NT is VMS repackaged and then ruined by corporate beaurocracy.
sqlserver is pretty generic and not even very robust RDBMS tech that
pretty much everyone has.

Making money doesn't make you a "visionary".

Both NT and SqlServer both examples of Bill chasing other people's taillights.

How many decades separate Ellison taking up databases versus Gates?

The "freetard" moniker is especially ironic when talking about databases.

Rick

Jul 14, 2009, 3:35:05 PM7/14/09

ahha HAha HAHhahaha HAh ahahhAh h Ahhahah HAH ahaha hah ah a...

> RMS is a social outcast who picks and eats his own toe jam in public.

... who wrote much of the software used in BSD and Linux systems.

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 14, 2009, 3:36:03 PM7/14/09

... and how long did it take for Gates to learn to shower?

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 14, 2009, 3:36:50 PM7/14/09
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:58:51 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

NONE of that has anything to do with Gates being a visionary.

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 14, 2009, 3:37:35 PM7/14/09

So, what happened to just discussing issues? Hmmm?

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 14, 2009, 3:38:38 PM7/14/09

.. the luck part.. remember. The luck part was IBM going to Gates, then
to Killdall, and back to Gates.

--
Rick

Snit

Jul 14, 2009, 3:50:04 PM7/14/09
Rick stated in post 5vydnbhx2-LiQ8HX...@supernews.com on
7/14/09 12:37 PM:

>>> But otherwise you're almost right... Microsoft is just barely able to
>>> survive.
>>
>> These Linux freetards are absolutely crazy......
>
> So, what happened to just discussing issues? Hmmm?

Instead of discussing issues you spew attacks or gibberish... just some from
the last few days:

-----
AHAhh AHAH ahha HHa h Ahah hha HAHHha AHA haaH AHa ahhA ha...
(snip)
Oh... and I don't care what you prefer.
-----
Were you oxygen deprived at birth?
-----
You didn't get a single thing right. No one can really be
that stupid.
-----
Snit, you're a lying ass. Why is that?
-----

On and on... you run from discussing issues... they scare you.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 14, 2009, 3:51:00 PM7/14/09
Rick stated in post 5vydnb5x2-K-Q8HX...@supernews.com on
7/14/09 12:36 PM:

>>> Then we have Richard Stallman... like I said earlier I've never met the
>>> guy nor do I care to. But RMS radiates the aura/stench of a disgusting
>>> fat slob who could benefit from a shower and a bar of soap. Put that
>>> pig into a room of 50 people and he would be voted the hands-down
>>> favorite as the person "most likely to eat his own toe jam in front of
>>> others."
>>
>> He is absolutely disgusting.
>
> ... and how long did it take for Gates to learn to shower?

What? Is there some story about him not showering you know of?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

chrisv

Jul 14, 2009, 4:13:39 PM7/14/09
JEDIDIAH wrote:

>> trolling fsckwit Ezekiel wrote:
>>>
>>> make a ton of money.
>>>
>>> make a ton of money.
>>>

>>> making a profit
>>>
>>> generates a profit
>>>
>>> make more money

You are a dumbshit, "Ezekiel". See below for why.

Rick

Jul 14, 2009, 4:38:44 PM7/14/09
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:50:04 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Rick stated in post 5vydnbhx2-LiQ8HX...@supernews.com on
> 7/14/09 12:37 PM:

>>> These Linux freetards are absolutely crazy......
>>
>> So, what happened to just discussing issues? Hmmm?
>

> Instead of discussing issues you spew attacks or gibberish... (snip)

I wonder why you just have to respond to my posts whether they are to you
or not? Why the obsession? BTW. it's rhetorical.

--
Rick

DFS

Jul 14, 2009, 10:23:48 PM7/14/09

Bullshit he did. How ignorant can you be, (p)Rick?

Ian Hilliard

Jul 14, 2009, 10:57:05 PM7/14/09
Ezekiel wrote:
> Ian Hilliard wrote:
>
>> RickyBobby wrote:
>>> Microsoft founder Bill Gates has filed for patents for his device to end
>>> the threat of hurricanes. It pretty much says that if cold water is
>>> drawn up from the depths of the ocean to cool off the warm water on the
>>> surface then hurricanes will not have any source of energy.
>>>
>>> Bill Gates is a miracle worker time and time again.
>> This from the same man who was going to save us from spam.
>>

>> Bill Gates is a college drop out from a rich family who was at the right
>> place at the right time and had the financial backing and legal finesse
>> of his wealthy parents.
>>

> So in other words it was all luck - being at the right place at the right
> time and all that. Of course someone like you could have accomplished the
> same thing, probably even better.
>
> Some of the "advocates" are about the same age or even older than Gates. So
> why didn't they take the ball and run with it? Why didn't they even bother
> trying?

There is a bit of confusion between being rich and being smart. I will
not say that Bill Gates is stupid, but he is certainly not the genius
that the "MS Marketing" would have us believe.

Bill was in the fortunate position of being in the right place at the
right time and having the networking connections and money through his
family to get control of the OS to be used for the PC.

Through some cleaver legal manoeuvring by his dad, Bill was able to keep
control of QDOS even after selling it to IBM. This is a mistake that IBM
is still paying for.

Bill has shown himself to be quite ruthless when it comes to dealings
with others. There is however the question of how much of this was Bill
and how much was Steve Balmer. Steve was very much the power behind the
throne until taking the throne.

From personal reports given to me, Bill was also very much a bully and
he enjoyed belittling people. This is not a particularly great
management style. This is however perhaps where the Vole bit comes from.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdNCEL5JKF8

Ian

Rick

Jul 14, 2009, 11:03:08 PM7/14/09

> Bullshit he did. How ignorant can you be, (p)Ri (snip)

No use replying.

--
Rick

Snit

Jul 14, 2009, 11:24:06 PM7/14/09
Rick stated in post 5vydnatx2-Jx28DX...@supernews.com on
7/14/09 8:03 PM:

You have been snipping and running a lot recently... sad to see you break
down like this.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

DFS

Jul 14, 2009, 11:35:38 PM7/14/09
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> Bill Gates is a visionary.

Love him or hate him, this is true (or at least was). He envisioned a world
full of Windows, and he made it happen. That took a LOT of brains and hard
work.

> RMS is a social outcast who picks and eats his own toe jam in
> public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ

It's just revolting.

I wish Kier were still around on cola. He used to defend RMS and his nasty
habits to the bitter end.

Hadron

Jul 14, 2009, 11:47:05 PM7/14/09
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> writes:

Please stop.

Rick is starting to really make me think he is pretending to be Simple
Jack. Surely he does not think we forget his retarded answers so
quickly?

Hadron

Jul 14, 2009, 11:49:38 PM7/14/09
Rick <no...@nomail.com> writes:

> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:27:45 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

>>> This from the same man who was going to save us from spam.
>>>

>>> Bill Gates is a college drop out from a rich family who was at the
>>> right place at the right time and had the financial backing and legal
>>> finesse of his wealthy parents.
>>>
>>> Ian
>>
>> Bill Gates is a visionary.
>
> ahha HAha HAHhahaha HAh ahahhAh h Ahhahah HAH ahaha hah ah a...

You dont think the man who forged one of the biggest companies in the
world, became the worlds richest man, and pretty much created a company
which dominates the worlds SW market is/was a visionary?

Really Rick, you need to take a long hard look in the mirror my lad.

>> RMS is a social outcast who picks and eats his own toe jam in public.
>
> ... who wrote much of the software used in BSD and Linux systems.

So now his SW is part of "Linux systems" ... this should be fun ...

And actually no he didn't. His contribution now is pretty much dedicated
to breaking up OSS because of his contrary views.

DFS

Jul 14, 2009, 11:52:24 PM7/14/09
Rick wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:23:48 -0400, DFS wrote:
>
>> Rick wrote:

>>> ... who wrote much of the software used in BSD and Linux systems.
>>

>> Bullshit he did. How ignorant can you be, (p)Ri (snip)
>
> No use replying.

Of course not. Run (p)Rick run!

Hadron

Jul 14, 2009, 11:52:19 PM7/14/09
Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> writes:

> Ezekiel wrote:
>> Ian Hilliard wrote:

>>> This from the same man who was going to save us from spam.
>>>

>>> Bill Gates is a college drop out from a rich family who was at the right
>>> place at the right time and had the financial backing and legal finesse
>>> of his wealthy parents.
>>>

>> So in other words it was all luck - being at the right place at the right
>> time and all that. Of course someone like you could have accomplished the
>> same thing, probably even better.
>>
>> Some of the "advocates" are about the same age or even older than Gates. So
>> why didn't they take the ball and run with it? Why didn't they even bother
>> trying?
>>

> There is a bit of confusion between being rich and being smart. I will
> not say that Bill Gates is stupid, but he is certainly not the genius
> that the "MS Marketing" would have us believe.

And yet, Ian Bighead, you would have us believe you predict EVERY thing
that can go wrong in a project and delivery on time? Not only that but
that common users SHOULD compile drivers from source (after you managed
to do it once) so they are not "dumbed down"?

Give us a break.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe Bill will sleep better now that you, of all
people, have suggested he is not only rich but maybe he is also "a
little but smart".

ROTFML.

Grow up kid.

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 12:00:36 AM7/15/09

I see.. you think it OK for DFS to call me (p)Rick. It says a lot about
you. But then, what else should I expect from someone like you?

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 12:01:50 AM7/15/09
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 23:52:24 -0400, DFS wrote:

> Rick wrote:

>>> Bullshit he did. How ignorant can you be, (p)Ri (snip)
>>
>> No use replying.
>

> Of course not. Run (p)Ri
(snip)

No use replying. Let us know when you get out of kindergarten.

--
Rick

DFS

Jul 15, 2009, 12:04:55 AM7/15/09

Let us know when you can prove your ridiculous claim that RMS developed

Tim Smith

Jul 15, 2009, 12:05:07 AM7/15/09
In article <5vydnb9x2-J0QMHX...@supernews.com>,

Rick <no...@nomail.com> wrote:

> > RMS is a social outcast who picks and eats his own toe jam in public.
>
> ... who wrote much of the software used in BSD and Linux systems.

What RMS code is in current BSD and Linux systems?

--
--Tim Smith

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 12:11:13 AM7/15/09
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:49:38 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> Rick <no...@nomail.com> writes:

>>> Bill Gates is a visionary.
>>
>> ahha HAha HAHhahaha HAh ahahhAh h Ahhahah HAH ahaha hah ah a...
>
> You dont think the man who forged one of the biggest companies in the
> world, became the worlds richest man, and pretty much created a company
> which dominates the worlds SW market is/was a visionary?

No.

> Really Rick, you need to take a long hard look in the mirror my lad.

So, you're saying you think I am a visionary?

>>> RMS is a social outcast who picks and eats his own toe jam in public.
>>
>> ... who wrote much of the software used in BSD and Linux systems.
>
> So now his SW is part of "Linux systems" ... this should be fun ...
>
> And actually no he didn't.

No? GCC? GnuEmacs? GDB? You can look up the rest.

> His contribution now is pretty much dedicated
> to breaking up OSS because of his contrary views.

... in your opinion.

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 12:11:54 AM7/15/09
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 23:35:38 -0400, DFS wrote:

> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>
>> Bill Gates is a visionary.
>
> Love him or hate him, this is true (or at least was). He envisioned a
> world full of Windows, and he made it happen. That took a LOT of brains
> and hard work.

.. and illegal actions.(snip)

--
Rick

Hadron

Jul 15, 2009, 12:12:28 AM7/15/09
"DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes:

You must remember that Th(r)ick has problems even knowing what "Linux"
is these days.

Hadron

Jul 15, 2009, 12:14:10 AM7/15/09
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

Th(r)ick has got confused again.

Apparently now a "Linux system" is a Gnu/Linux system.

I almost feel sorry for him at this stage. Snit should have a field day.

Hadron

Jul 15, 2009, 12:18:10 AM7/15/09
Rick <no...@nomail.com> writes:

No Rick. I am not saying that.

Wow.

Tim Smith

Jul 15, 2009, 12:19:06 AM7/15/09
In article <4a5d...@news.x-privat.org>,

Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
> There is a bit of confusion between being rich and being smart. I will
> not say that Bill Gates is stupid, but he is certainly not the genius
> that the "MS Marketing" would have us believe.

Generally, people who are not extremely bright don't get into Harvard,
and certainly don't get a paper published in a peer reviewed math
journal while an undergraduate there.

--
--Tim Smith

DFS

Jul 15, 2009, 12:20:55 AM7/15/09

Like including a web browser with the operating system?
Like including a media player with the operating system?

Wonder why Linux crapware developers haven't also been labeled "illegal
criminals" by the cola hypocrite cabal...

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 12:37:17 AM7/15/09

gnu.org

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 12:37:46 AM7/15/09
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 06:12:28 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes:
>
>> Rick wrote:

>>> (snip)
>>>
>>> No use replying. Let us know when you get out of kindergarten.
>>
>> Let us know when you can prove your ridiculous claim that RMS developed
>> "much of the software used in BSD and Linux systems."
>
> You must remember that Th(r)ick has problems even knowing what "Linux"
> is these days.

I see you're stuck in kindergarten, too.

--
Rick

DFS

Jul 15, 2009, 12:41:53 AM7/15/09

Yep.. I knew you couldn't prove your idiocy.

It's just another day in Linux la-la land, where "advocates" make silly
claims without a shred of evidence to support them.

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 12:41:31 AM7/15/09

I wouldn't be surprised that much of his actual code has been replaced
over the years. Still, the utilities he initially wrote when starting Gnu
are still there.

.. so are you one of the RMS bashers that can't get by looks and reported
lack of social skills? Or are you one that will acknowledge his
contributions to OSS?

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 12:45:24 AM7/15/09
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 06:14:10 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

>>> ... who wrote much of the software used in BSD and Linux systems.
>>
>> What RMS code is in current BSD and Linux systems?
>
> Th(r)ick has got confused again.

... when do you graduate from kindergarten?

> Apparently now a "Linux system" is a Gnu/Linux system.

Many people believe "Linux systems" should be called "Gnu/Linux" systems.
And yes, man don't.

> I almost feel sorry for him at this stage. Snit should have a field day.

Beeg Deel. He'll throw around some (in his mind) great pronouncement, and
cluck cluck about me being lost or in over my head. You both are two of a
kind.

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 12:47:06 AM7/15/09

What paper did he publish. I'd like to take a look.

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 12:48:29 AM7/15/09

"illegal criminals"... as opposed to "legal criminals"?

And it was courts on 2 continents that decided Microsoft committed
illegal actions.

--
Rick

Snit

Jul 15, 2009, 3:37:17 AM7/15/09
Rick stated in post 5vydnaVx2-L5ycDX...@supernews.com on
7/14/09 9:00 PM:

> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:24:06 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Rick stated in post 5vydnatx2-Jx28DX...@supernews.com on

>>> No use replying.
>>
>> You have been snipping and running a lot recently... sad to see you
>> break down like this.
>
> I see..

Good. Maybe now you can improve.

> you think it OK for DFS to call me (p)Rick. It says a lot about
> you. But then, what else should I expect from someone like you?

Huh? What? When did I say I approved of name calling? Do you think I have
some obligation to defend the weak - such as yourself?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 15, 2009, 3:38:45 AM7/15/09
Rick stated in post 5vydnd1x2-J5w8DX...@supernews.com on
7/14/09 9:45 PM:

At least you figured out you are in over your head. Again. No wonder you
refuse to talk about computers and technology.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 15, 2009, 3:39:54 AM7/15/09
Rick stated in post 5vydnaRx2-IzycDX...@supernews.com on
7/14/09 9:01 PM:

See how you snip and run. I hope you gain enough skills and confidence to
be able to reply and talk about technology and computers without feeling the
need to do that.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 15, 2009, 3:41:33 AM7/15/09
Rick stated in post 5vydnadx2-J8y8DX...@supernews.com on
7/14/09 9:11 PM:

>> You dont think the man who forged one of the biggest companies in the
>> world, became the worlds richest man, and pretty much created a company
>> which dominates the worlds SW market is/was a visionary?
>
> No.

Bill Gates never had any vision for his company?

>> Really Rick, you need to take a long hard look in the mirror my lad.
>
> So, you're saying you think I am a visionary?

You make up a lot of funny stories.

[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 15, 2009, 3:41:53 AM7/15/09
Rick stated in post 5vydnaZx2-KXysDX...@supernews.com on
7/14/09 9:11 PM:

> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 23:35:38 -0400, DFS wrote:

Irrelevant to the idea if he has vision or not.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 15, 2009, 3:57:35 AM7/15/09
Rick stated in post 5vydnaNx2-KHwMDX...@supernews.com on
7/14/09 9:37 PM:

You "see" many things... as you run from topics. Remember, you are the one
who cannot even acknowledge your ever-changing use of the term "desktop
Linux":

Snit:
Agreed. Shuttleworth is someone who gets the importance of
usability for an OS. Not saying I agree with him 100% on
every issue, but at least he understands that desktop Linux
has a long way to go to be as usable as it should be for the
general desktop user.
Rick:
Linux is NOT an operating system.
Snit:
In the context of the discussion about desktop Linux I do not
care to be so pedantic.
Rick:
It is not being pendantic. It is central to understanding the
"ecosystem".

But then, later:

Rick, not that much later:
Every report that I have seen has shown desktop Linux usage
increasing.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Jul 15, 2009, 3:58:34 AM7/15/09
Rick stated in post 5vydnaJx2-JmwMDX...@supernews.com on
7/14/09 9:41 PM:

Can't you acknowledge both? He has done some amazing technical work... and
he is on record as eating things from his foot. Both are true.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 15, 2009, 7:27:43 AM7/15/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Rick belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

http://www.mit.edu/~wchuang/unix/CTS/CTS_info.txt

Date: Thu, 9 May 91 13:50:44 EDT
From: Karen Rosin Sollins <sol...@lcs.mit.edu>
Sender: sol...@allspice.lcs.mit.edu
To: el...@theory.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis

As I'm sure you know from having gone through this, when it gets bad it
just hurts all the time and we do a great deal with our hands. The most
well-known hacker in our community who has this problem is Richard
Stallman, who no longer can type at all. For at least a year or more, he
has had hired typists to whom he dictates everything. I've known other
people who are in the same condition.

http://oreilly.com/openbook/freedom/ch09.html

About the time of the MacArthur award, Stallman began suffering chronic
pain in his hands and was dictating his work to FSF-employed typists.
Although some have speculated that the hand pain was the result of
repetitive stress injury, or RSI, an injury common among software
programmers, Stallman is not 100% sure. "It was NOT carpal tunnel
syndrome," he writes. "My hand problem was in the hands themselves, not
in the wrists." Stallman has since learned to work without typists after
switching to a keyboard with a lighter touch.

That second link, by the way, testifies to Stallman's passion to his cause.

--
You look tired.

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 15, 2009, 7:33:28 AM7/15/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <4a5d...@news.x-privat.org>,

Unfortunate that he didn't stick with math.

--
You will visit the Dung Pits of Glive soon.

Ezekiel

Jul 15, 2009, 7:30:00 AM7/15/09

"Chris Ahlstrom" <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote in message

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Rick belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Bullshit he did. How ignorant can you be, (p)Ri (snip)
>>
>> No use replying.
>
> Stallman wrote a /hell/ of a lot of code:
>
> http://www.mit.edu/~wchuang/unix/CTS/CTS_info.txt
>
> Date: Thu, 9 May 91 13:50:44 EDT
> From: Karen Rosin Sollins <sol...@lcs.mit.edu>
> Sender: sol...@allspice.lcs.mit.edu
> To: el...@theory.lcs.mit.edu
> Subject: carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis

Perhaps the carpal tunnel and tendonitis is from eating too much toe-jam?

Ezekiel

Jul 15, 2009, 7:40:21 AM7/15/09

"Richard Rasker" <spam...@linetec.nl> wrote in message
> Ezekiel wrote:

>> Richard Rasker wrote:

>>> Apart from Microsoft's monopoly-driven
>>> cash cows Windows and Office, virtually everything that Gates/Microsoft
>>> has come up with over the years has been a miserable failure, bleeding
>>> money like there's no tomorrow.
>>

>> Their server based products make a ton of money. (Windows server, SQL
>> server, Exchange, etc.)
>>
>> And their developer tools make a ton of money.
>>
>> Not to mention that they are now making a profit from the XBox and their
>> gaming titles.
>>
>> Their consulting services also generates a profit as do their premier
>> (paid for) support agreements.
>>
>> And they make more money in one year selling mice and keyboards than
>> your
>> company will make in it's entire lifetime.
>

>> But otherwise you're almost right... Microsoft is just barely able to
>> survive.
>
> So they have a handful of profitable products, none
> of which are very remarkable or innovative --

There's nothing particularly remarkable or innovative in what most
companies sell. Does Redhat sell anything that's remarkable or innovative?

> none of the things you mention have been
> originally invented by Gates or Microsoft,

I didn't realize that it's a pre-requisite for a company to have to be the
inventor of the product they're selling. IBM also sells a compiler and a
database... do you think that IBM invented these products?

> and the xbox only turns a profit after Microsoft literally sank billions
> in it, to try and undercut the competition.

They didn't sink in nearly as much as Sony did with their PS3 which
recorded record losses.

> What I'm referring to are the countless failures, all those things
> thought
> out, announced, or predicted by Gates which either totally flopped, or
> failed to materialize at all --

If you never try then you'll never fail. Somehow you see and refer to all
of the MS failed projects but completely ignore all the failures of Google,
IBM, Sun and other companies.

> and on the other hand all those great IT
> developments he never saw coming, even though he was supposed to be at
> the
> epicentre of the IT world.

Microsoft is a company... a business. It's not the psychic network.
Companies misjudge things all the time... hindsight is always 20-20.

Hadron

Jul 15, 2009, 7:54:51 AM7/15/09
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

Ian is the cleverest guy here!

Hadron

Jul 15, 2009, 7:55:14 AM7/15/09
Rick <no...@nomail.com> writes:

"Just f*cking Google it".

You'll like it.

Hadron

Jul 15, 2009, 8:00:01 AM7/15/09
"Ezekiel" <ze...@nosuchdomain.com> writes:

Also freetards like Rasker are constantly telling us how people should
give away their R&D to others so they can duplicate, I mean improve,
their products. Do they "invent" these products?

chrisv

Jul 15, 2009, 8:12:25 AM7/15/09
Tim Smith wrote:

> Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is a bit of confusion between being rich and being smart. I will
>> not say that Bill Gates is stupid, but he is certainly not the genius
>> that the "MS Marketing" would have us believe.

Yeah, I've made that same point many times. He's highly over-rated.

Of course, this drives the M$ fans into a frenzy. Why, I'm not sure.

>Generally, people who are not extremely bright don't get into Harvard,
>and certainly don't get a paper published in a peer reviewed math
>journal while an undergraduate there.

Oh, FFS, Timmy. Being "extremely bright" is not enough to propel you
to that kind of wealth in that amount of time, without an extremely
fortuitous set of circumstances. Not even if you add the qualities of
being "ambitious" or whatever, is it enough.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 15, 2009, 12:24:27 PM7/15/09

He probably got CTS from picking his feet too much.
It's a long reach across that disgusting belly of his.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 15, 2009, 12:24:41 PM7/15/09

Rats!
You beat me to it :)

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 15, 2009, 12:25:04 PM7/15/09

He decided to become a toe jam picker instead.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 15, 2009, 12:26:12 PM7/15/09

Nope.
They make their money re-packing the hard word of others.

What a bunch of suckers the FOSS community is.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 15, 2009, 12:27:04 PM7/15/09

It's always the freeloaders who want others to give away their
hard work.

People like SchesNOwitz for example.

JEDIDIAH

Jul 15, 2009, 1:12:53 PM7/15/09
On 2009-07-15, Hadron <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rick <no...@nomail.com> writes:

[deletia]

>>> Bill Gates is a visionary.
>>
>> ahha HAha HAHhahaha HAh ahahhAh h Ahhahah HAH ahaha hah ah a...

> You dont think the man who forged one of the biggest companies in the
> world, became the worlds richest man, and pretty much created a company
> which dominates the worlds SW market is/was a visionary?

Vision != ambition.

Neither does it equal avarice.

[deletia]

--
...of course if you are forced against your will to use Windows in |||
the day time your bound to have a lot to vent about in the evening. / | \

JEDIDIAH

Jul 15, 2009, 1:17:34 PM7/15/09
On 2009-07-15, Hadron <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> writes:

>> Ezekiel wrote:

>>> So in other words it was all luck - being at the right place at the right
>>> time and all that. Of course someone like you could have accomplished the
>>> same thing, probably even better.
>>>
>>> Some of the "advocates" are about the same age or even older than Gates. So
>>> why didn't they take the ball and run with it? Why didn't they even bother
>>> trying?

>> There is a bit of confusion between being rich and being smart. I will
>> not say that Bill Gates is stupid, but he is certainly not the genius
>> that the "MS Marketing" would have us believe.
>>

> And yet, Ian Bighead, you would have us believe you predict EVERY thing
> that can go wrong in a project and delivery on time? Not only that but
> that common users SHOULD compile drivers from source (after you managed

If something as simple as a kernel module can't be built from source
by the common dufus than clearly something is wrong with that source
package and the underlying OS is not robustly enough configured in it's
default state.

Anyone should be able to build a simple source package. The only
challenge they should really have to face is overcoming all of this
fear mongering that Lemmings like yourself like to perpetuate.

[deletia]

However, that's a big fat red herring.

JEDIDIAH

Jul 15, 2009, 1:19:12 PM7/15/09
On 2009-07-15, Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
> In article <4a5d...@news.x-privat.org>,
> Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>> There is a bit of confusion between being rich and being smart. I will
>> not say that Bill Gates is stupid, but he is certainly not the genius
>> that the "MS Marketing" would have us believe.
>
> Generally, people who are not extremely bright don't get into Harvard,

I'm sure they say that about Yale too.

> and certainly don't get a paper published in a peer reviewed math
> journal while an undergraduate there.

JEDIDIAH

Jul 15, 2009, 1:23:18 PM7/15/09
On 2009-07-15, Ezekiel <ze...@nosuchdomain.com> wrote:

> "Richard Rasker" <spam...@linetec.nl> wrote in message
>> Ezekiel wrote:

[deletia]

>>> Their server based products make a ton of money. (Windows server, SQL
>>> server, Exchange, etc.)
>>>
>>> And their developer tools make a ton of money.
>>>
>>> Not to mention that they are now making a profit from the XBox and their
>>> gaming titles.
>>>
>>> Their consulting services also generates a profit as do their premier
>>> (paid for) support agreements.
>>>
>>> And they make more money in one year selling mice and keyboards than
>>> your
>>> company will make in it's entire lifetime.
>>

>>> But otherwise you're almost right... Microsoft is just barely able to
>>> survive.
>>
>> So they have a handful of profitable products, none
>> of which are very remarkable or innovative --
>
> There's nothing particularly remarkable or innovative in what most
> companies sell. Does Redhat sell anything that's remarkable or innovative?

It's a moot point. Neither Redhat nor it's shills tend to whine about
such things and use such rhetoric to justify abusive business practices.

>> none of the things you mention have been
>> originally invented by Gates or Microsoft,
>
> I didn't realize that it's a pre-requisite for a company to have to be the
> inventor of the product they're selling. IBM also sells a compiler and a
> database... do you think that IBM invented these products?

You really don't want to go there.

[deletia]

Tim Smith

Jul 15, 2009, 1:53:03 PM7/15/09
In article <5vydndxx2-LXwsDX...@supernews.com>,
Rick <no...@nomail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:19:06 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
>
> > In article <4a5d...@news.x-privat.org>,
> > Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
> >> There is a bit of confusion between being rich and being smart. I will
> >> not say that Bill Gates is stupid, but he is certainly not the genius
> >> that the "MS Marketing" would have us believe.
> >
> > Generally, people who are not extremely bright don't get into Harvard,

> > and certainly don't get a paper published in a peer reviewed math
> > journal while an undergraduate there.
>

> What paper did he publish. I'd like to take a look.

Gates, W. and Papadimitriou, C., "Bounds for Sorting by Prefix
Reversal.", Discrete Mathematics. 27, 47-57, 1979.

A copy is available at his coauthor's current site:

<http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~christos/papers/Bounds%20For%20Sorting%20By%
20Prefix%20Reversal.pdf>

> <http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~christos/papers/Bounds%20For%20Sorting%20By%20Prefix%20Reversal.pdf>

--
--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Jul 15, 2009, 1:58:09 PM7/15/09
In article <5vydnaJx2-JmwMDX...@supernews.com>,

Rick <no...@nomail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't be surprised that much of his actual code has been replaced
> over the years. Still, the utilities he initially wrote when starting Gnu
> are still there.
>
> .. so are you one of the RMS bashers that can't get by looks and reported
> lack of social skills? Or are you one that will acknowledge his
> contributions to OSS?

I've never said he didn't contribute. He was one of the giants of the
early days.

--
--Tim Smith

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 2:01:05 PM7/15/09

Was? If it is "was" why do so many people pay attention to what he says
today?

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 2:01:52 PM7/15/09

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 2:02:32 PM7/15/09
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:55:14 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> Rick <no...@nomail.com> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:19:06 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

>>> Generally, people who are not extremely bright don't get into Harvard,
>>> and certainly don't get a paper published in a peer reviewed math
>>> journal while an undergraduate there.
>>
>> What paper did he publish. I'd like to take a look.
>
> "Just f*cking Google it".
>
> You'll like it.

It seems Tim Smith is a much nicer person than you.

--
Rick

Peter Köhlmann

Jul 15, 2009, 2:06:39 PM7/15/09
Rick wrote:

Thats easy. Nobody is such an asshole as Hadron Snot Quark
--
All things are possible, except skiing thru a revolving door.

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 2:07:45 PM7/15/09

... and IBM, Oracle, Red hat, Canonical, Apple, Torvalds, Young, Page,
Brin, and all of the other people and companies that produce Free and
Open Source software

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 2:09:04 PM7/15/09

.. except for all those patches they send upstream ...

> What a bunch of suckers the FOSS community is.

You see very afraid of the FOSS community... people generally fear what
they don't understand...

--
Rick

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 15, 2009, 2:25:45 PM7/15/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> In article <5vydndxx2-LXwsDX...@supernews.com>,

> Rick <no...@nomail.com> wrote:
>
>> What paper did he publish. I'd like to take a look.
>
> Gates, W. and Papadimitriou, C., "Bounds for Sorting by Prefix
> Reversal.", Discrete Mathematics. 27, 47-57, 1979.
>
> A copy is available at his coauthor's current site:
>
>> <http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~christos/papers/Bounds%20For%20Sorting%20By%20Prefix%20Reversal.pdf>

I didn't like the EULA where the abstract was supposed to be.

:-)

--
He was part of my dream, of course -- but then I was part of his dream too.
-- Lewis Carroll

Richard Rasker

Jul 15, 2009, 2:25:12 PM7/15/09
Ezekiel wrote:

If Gates were a visionary, or even an innovative IT guru, Microsoft would by
now have a huge number of great, truly desirable products to their name.
Gates isn't, and they don't. Gates is just an annoying loudmouth nerd with
a load of cash, who has been wrong about almost anything he ever vented an
opinion on. The few successful Microsoft products he can boast on are
mainly the result of either their monopoly status or undercutting existing
competition by taking billions in losses first, selling their stuff below
manufacturing cost.

In other words: Gates has never shown any signs of being a visionary -- no
matter how often he and the media attempted to profile him as such -- and
this is sopported by the fact that his company has never come up with
anything even remotely innovative. They were always late at any party, and
only fought themselves to a frontline position by tossing around obscene
looads of cash, crushing competition and acting in al sorts of illegal
ways. Gates has been responsible for this corporate culture of bullying,
bribing, greed and disrespect for anything but money in no small way.
Only idiots and ignorants praise Gates.

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 2:34:21 PM7/15/09

What about his buddy?

--
Rick

Peter Köhlmann

Jul 15, 2009, 2:38:05 PM7/15/09
Rick wrote:

Snot Michael Glasser is just incredibly dishonest.
Apart from being rather stupid

And his other buddy flatfish? Well, it talks volumes with what filth
Hadron Quark associates
--
Another name for a Windows tutorial is crash course

Alexander Terekhov

Jul 15, 2009, 2:42:13 PM7/15/09

This is a myth. Where is the archive of his contributions to check?

regards,
alexander.

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)

Snit

Jul 15, 2009, 3:21:14 PM7/15/09
Rick stated in post yo-dne4kzaz8hMPX...@supernews.com on
7/15/09 11:01 AM:

Herd mentality. People do not like to change.

LOL!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 6:21:23 PM7/15/09

I see you are laughing at a concept you don't understand... again...

--
Rick

Snit

Jul 15, 2009, 6:32:00 PM7/15/09
Rick stated in post yo-dneEkzaz-y8PX...@supernews.com on
7/15/09 3:21 PM:

>>> Was? If it is "was" why do so many people pay attention to what he says
>>> today?
>>
>> Herd mentality. People do not like to change.
>>
>> LOL!
>
> I see you are laughing at a concept you don't understand... again...

Who understands your use of silly mantras you do not show any sign of
understanding better than I do? If you can find anyone who does, please
point to a post where they showed this!

PS: I know you will not. Your game has been called again - you were just
spewing empty and silly insults.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Rick

Jul 15, 2009, 9:15:56 PM7/15/09

... and you just showed you have no clue as to what herd mentality is,
nor do you understand how it influences people's choices...

And... since I know you love having the final word, knock yourself out...

--
Rick

Snit

Jul 15, 2009, 9:34:14 PM7/15/09
Rick stated in post yI2dnc8J35TR4sPX...@supernews.com on
7/15/09 6:15 PM:

> On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 15:32:00 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Rick stated in post yo-dneEkzaz-y8PX...@supernews.com on
>> 7/15/09 3:21 PM:

>>> I see you are laughing at a concept you don't understand... again...
>>
>> Who understands your use of silly mantras you do not show any sign of
>> understanding better than I do? If you can find anyone who does, please
>> point to a post where they showed this!
>>
>> PS: I know you will not. Your game has been called again - you were
>> just spewing empty and silly insults.
>
> ... and you just showed you have no clue as to what herd mentality is,

Oh! Oh! Explain how I just "showed" this... demonstrate your knowledge of
this. I do so look forward to the education you can provide.

> nor do you understand how it influences people's choices...

Oh, yes! Do educate me. This should be fun.

> And... since I know you love having the final word, knock yourself out...

Last word? I am giving you a chance to show your knowledge.

You do have some... right?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Vaughn Bode

Jul 15, 2009, 11:40:59 PM7/15/09
On Jul 15, 10:53 am, Tim Smith <reply_in_gr...@mouse-potato.com>
wrote:
> In article <5vydndxx2-LXwsDXnZ2dnUVZ_j1i4...@supernews.com>,

>  Rick <n...@nomail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:19:06 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

> > > Generally, people who are not extremely bright don't get into Harvard,
> > > and certainly don't get a paper published in a peer reviewed math
> > > journal while an undergraduate there.
>
> > What paper did he publish. I'd like to take a look.
>
> Gates, W. and Papadimitriou, C., "Bounds for Sorting by Prefix
> Reversal.", Discrete Mathematics. 27, 47-57, 1979.
>
> A copy is available at his coauthor's current site:
>
> <http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~christos/papers/Bounds%20For%20Sorting%20By%
> 20Prefix%20Reversal.pdf>
>
> > <http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~christos/papers/Bounds%20For%20Sorting%20...>

Hey! I's a co-author too! About 35 years ago my boss said "Sign
this." So I signed, and POOF! I am a co-author of some scientific
paper!

Gates got his name first. Does that mean he really did most of the
work?

It is loading more messages.