[News] Microsoft Programming Language , C#, Takes a Tumble (Based on Book Sales)

Roy Schestowitz

Jul 26, 2009, 6:37:57 PM7/26/09

Matt

Jul 26, 2009, 6:19:50 PM7/26/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> State of the Computer Book Market - Mid-Year 2009
>
> http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/07/state-of-the-computer-book-mar-25.html

A bar chart at that link shows that books on "mobil phone" had the
smallest drop in sales.

same link:
(((((
> The big success story among programming languages is Objective-C, which has grown from a small (low unit sales) language into a large (high units sales) language. iPhone and Mac development is fueling this growth. After Objective C, PHP and Actionscript are the only languages with more units sales in 2009 than in 2008. C# continues to be the largest language for unit sales, followed by Java, PHP and Objective C. C# also experienced the largest decline in units sold sold during the first half of 2009 and was followed on its decline by Ruby, SQL and Javascript.
)))))

Tim Smith

Jul 26, 2009, 8:16:20 PM7/26/09
In article <4932461.f...@schestowitz.com>,
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> State of the Computer Book Market - Mid-Year 2009
>
> http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/07/state-of-the-computer-book-mar-25.html

What? No quote from the article? Couldn't think of a way to spin this
part?

The big success story among programming languages is Objective-C,
which has grown from a small (low unit sales) language into a large
(high units sales) language. iPhone and Mac development is fueling
this growth. After Objective C, PHP and Actionscript are the only
languages with more units sales in 2009 than in 2008.

So, of the three languages that grew, one is due to its use by Apple,
and one is due to its use by Adobe. That paragraph continues:

--
--Tim Smith

Erik Funkenbusch

Jul 26, 2009, 11:03:30 PM7/26/09
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:16:20 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

> C# continues to be the largest language for unit sales, followed by
> Java, PHP and Objective C. C# also experienced the largest decline
> in units sold sold during the first half of 2009 and was followed on
> its decline by Ruby, SQL and Javascript.
>
> "C# continues to be the largest language for unit sales".

Indeed. And it also makes sense that despite being the largest share, it's
share dropped because there hasn't been any new C# books in about 2 years.
This will likely change when C# 4 hits the streets early next year.

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 27, 2009, 7:23:29 AM7/27/09
this bit o' wisdom:

> State of the Computer Book Market - Mid-Year 2009
>
> http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/07/state-of-the-computer-book-mar-25.html

Interesting comment from a moron:

It's sad to see a once great publisher fall so far. Books like Unix
System Administration and the Motif Programming guides were staples for a
long time. More recently the Dreamweaver CS3 Missing Manual book got me
up to speed with that program. When this site went political with strong
Obama support is when I re-examined my book purchasing habits. I guess
you can call it change you believe in.

--
Write yourself a threatening letter and pen a defiant reply.

Hadron

Jul 27, 2009, 7:21:21 AM7/27/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

And meanwhile you and the other "advocates" pretend to shun anything to
do with Ballmer, Gates et al.

The pong off your bullshit actually makes it across the pond.

--
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/windows-emulation/wine-faq/

"Nope, we know what an emulator does, and wine doesn't." - AH
** http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/dec7cb073d761af4

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 27, 2009, 7:40:36 AM7/27/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>> this bit o' wisdom:
>>
>>> State of the Computer Book Market - Mid-Year 2009
>>>
>>> http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/07/state-of-the-computer-book-mar-25.html
>>
>> Interesting comment from a moron:
>>
>> It's sad to see a once great publisher fall so far. Books like Unix
>> System Administration and the Motif Programming guides were staples for a
>> long time. More recently the Dreamweaver CS3 Missing Manual book got me
>> up to speed with that program. When this site went political with strong
>> Obama support is when I re-examined my book purchasing habits. I guess
>> you can call it change you believe in.
>
> And meanwhile you and the other "advocates" pretend to shun anything to
> do with Ballmer, Gates et al.

I don't. I'm completely upfront, dude. Why lie so much, "Hadron"?

--
Q: Why do people who live near Niagara Falls have flat foreheads?
A: Because every morning they wake up thinking "What *is* that noise?

Hadron

Jul 27, 2009, 7:37:32 AM7/27/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>>> this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Interesting comment from a moron:
>>>
>>> It's sad to see a once great publisher fall so far. Books like Unix
>>> System Administration and the Motif Programming guides were staples for a
>>> long time. More recently the Dreamweaver CS3 Missing Manual book got me
>>> up to speed with that program. When this site went political with strong
>>> Obama support is when I re-examined my book purchasing habits. I guess
>>> you can call it change you believe in.
>>
>> And meanwhile you and the other "advocates" pretend to shun anything to
>> do with Ballmer, Gates et al.
>
> I don't. I'm completely upfront, dude. Why lie so much, "Hadron"?

So I won't find posts of you criticising Windows and Ballmer? Oops. You
just did whining about the monopoly.

You really plumb new depths with your sucking up to fellow
advocates. Grow a spine.

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 27, 2009, 8:58:02 AM7/27/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:
>
>>> And meanwhile you and the other "advocates" pretend to shun anything to
>>> do with Ballmer, Gates et al.
>>
>> I don't. I'm completely upfront, dude. Why lie so much, "Hadron"?
>
> So I won't find posts of you criticising Windows and Ballmer? Oops. You
> just did whining about the monopoly.
>
> You really plumb new depths with your sucking up to fellow
> advocates. Grow a spine.

I'm not the one using kindergarten language and having a kindergartener's
comprehension of the world, "Hadron". Grow an up.

--
Gratitude and treachery are merely the two extremities of the same procession.
You have seen all of it that is worth staying for when the band and the gaudy

chrisv

Jul 27, 2009, 9:04:32 AM7/27/09
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>I'm not the one using kindergarten language and having a kindergartener's
>comprehension of the world, "Hadron". Grow an up.

You're rewarding his behavior, IMO.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 27, 2009, 10:45:39 AM7/27/09
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 07:40:36 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
>>> this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Interesting comment from a moron:
>>>
>>> It's sad to see a once great publisher fall so far. Books like Unix
>>> System Administration and the Motif Programming guides were staples for a
>>> long time. More recently the Dreamweaver CS3 Missing Manual book got me
>>> up to speed with that program. When this site went political with strong
>>> Obama support is when I re-examined my book purchasing habits. I guess
>>> you can call it change you believe in.
>>
>> And meanwhile you and the other "advocates" pretend to shun anything to
>> do with Ballmer, Gates et al.
>
> I don't. I'm completely upfront, dude. Why lie so much, "Hadron"?

Hahahahaha!

That's a the joke of the century.

You?

Upfront?

You are the biggest phony in the group except for Schestowitz,
your master.

Moshe Goldfarb

Jul 27, 2009, 10:47:00 AM7/27/09
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 08:58:02 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:

>>> I don't. I'm completely upfront, dude. Why lie so much, "Hadron"?
>>
>> So I won't find posts of you criticising Windows and Ballmer? Oops. You
>> just did whining about the monopoly.
>>
>> You really plumb new depths with your sucking up to fellow
>> advocates. Grow a spine.
>
> I'm not the one using kindergarten language and having a kindergartener's
> comprehension of the world, "Hadron". Grow an up.

No, you;re the one following Schestowitz around like a lap dog.
Even a kindergarten child can think for herself up to a point.

Chris Ahlstrom

Jul 27, 2009, 12:13:28 PM7/27/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

Maybe. However, I doubt he needs much feedback to continue with his
puerile behavior, chris.

It actually works out kind of neat, too.

I caught "Hadron" me-tooing a turd-picture troll. How low can you go?

--
Its name is Public Opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.

chrisv

Jul 27, 2009, 1:06:18 PM7/27/09
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>I caught "Hadron" me-tooing a turd-picture troll. How low can you go?

How low can a diseased pool of vomit, like Hadron Quack, go?

A sane, moral mind cannot imagine.

--
"Example of me lying please?" - Hadron Quack, March 2007

Pussy Filters Poaster

Jul 27, 2009, 2:00:01 PM7/27/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

<snipped>

The man is nothing but a liar, and he twist things to fit his needs. How
this clown became the focal point of this chicken-shit NG when all he
does is lie, twist and fabricate things is a mystery.

He is worst than one of those Hollywood rag magazines, looking for the
dollars.

He is a master of the smoke and mirror game, a con artist and a
bamboozler, and he is a total disgrace to Linux.