Roy Schestowitz post volume

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 2, 2008, 9:13:52 PM3/2/08
In a little over 2 years, Roy has posted 49,300 posts to usenet (not
counting his posts Digg, Netscape, etc..). In contrast, I've posted 36,000
posts in 17 years.

Many of you will remember that it wasn't long ago that I was typically the
top, or close to the top poster in COLA, a distinction I do not feel
particularly proud of. Yet Roy has, in just over 2 years, posted almost
50% more articles as someone who has been prolific on usnet for more than
10 years.

Makes you think.

It also seems kind of odd, given the number of people that accused me of
being paid to post, and that nobody could post as much as I do without
being paid, that those same people refuse to believe that Roy is spamming
them.

Makes you wonder.

(and before anyone suggests that I'm jealous or envious or anything else, I
do NOT hold my post count in any kind of esteem. That's one of the reasons
i've reduced my posting over the last year or so.

Nobody in their right mind could honestly look at Roy's numbers and not
come to the same conclusion. Roy has to be paid to post, there is no other
explanation.

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 2, 2008, 9:18:41 PM3/2/08

Correction, my post count is 30,600.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 2, 2008, 9:32:58 PM3/2/08
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 21:13:52 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

Erik, they accuse you of spamming because you are obviously knowledgeable
about Microsoft, the internals of the software and so forth.
Seeing as your job is actually in this field of programming, system admin
and design, this is to be expected.

This scares the hell out of them.

My message count has increased lately for good reason.
I am involved in a media format conversion and it is very time intensive
and requires baby sitting.
However, at the same time, I have tons of time where I can post.

I have done this for the past couple of weeks or so and kept track of it.

The bottom line is that I can not even come close to what Roy Schestowitz
does OVERALL.
Yes I came within 10 posts or so of COLA, but now consider my posts vs
Roy's posts.

Mine for the most part are a couple of lines and replies.

His are diatribes, with links, more links, weird formatting and so forth.

That doesn't include all his *work* on his hate sites and various other
places.
Groklaw for one.
I won't mention his hate sites because I refuse to give him publicity.

Come on already COLA, are you people that stupid?

I posted an experiment a couple of weeks ago.

Why not try it and see for yourself.

If you believe Roy Schestowitz isn't getting paid to post you are just
zealots with closed minds and nothing short of Roy admitting it publicly
will convince you otherwise.

And that is very sad.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

Tim Smith

Mar 2, 2008, 9:37:07 PM3/2/08
In article <1pmm5v02...@funkenbusch.com>,

Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> wrote:
> Nobody in their right mind could honestly look at Roy's numbers and not
> come to the same conclusion. Roy has to be paid to post, there is no other
> explanation.

Especially considering that Roy's main argument to support most of his
"shill" accusations is the amount of time the alleged shills spend
reading and posting. Roy spends far more time at this than they do.

--
--Tim Smith

7

Mar 2, 2008, 9:44:39 PM3/2/08
Micoshaft Fradster and Asstroturfer Erik Funkenbusch wrote on behalf of
micoshaft corporation:

> I've posted
> 36,000 posts in 17 years.
>

> Makes you think.
>
> It also seems kind of odd, given the number of people that accused me of
> being paid to post, and that nobody could post as much as I do without

> being paid.
>
> Makes you wonder.

Guilty as charged!

I can't imagine anyone having such zealous attachment to micoshaft
products so as to waste 17 years of their life time posting
anti-linux messages. I think it is an incredible sad day
for micoshaft loosers.

Despite all your looser efforts, Linux has blossomed.

http://www.livecdlist.com
http://www.distrowatch.com

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 2, 2008, 9:47:59 PM3/2/08

Tim and Erik, it is not even close.......

Looking at post count does not tell the entire story.
You have to look at the content, the length of the posts, is it commenting,
the links etc.

I defy ANYONE in COLA to keep up with Roy, just in COLA, and tell me that
he is not being paid.
Tell me he is not using automated software to do this.
Tell me it is not AI based and sucks phrases out of RSS feeds and SPAMS
them all over place.
And if that last point is not true, then their is more than one Roy and we
have all been duped.

I suggest you get a porta-potty and have your meals catered in and don't
expect to do anything else during that time period.

Try it.....

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 2, 2008, 9:50:06 PM3/2/08
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 02:44:39 GMT, 7 wrote:

> I can't imagine anyone having such zealous attachment to micoshaft
> products so as to waste 17 years of their life time posting
> anti-linux messages. I think it is an incredible sad day
> for micoshaft loosers.

17 years ago I was an Amiga enthusiest. I didn't even know what Linux was
(it had, after all, just been created).

And I am not anti-linux.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 2, 2008, 9:54:34 PM3/2/08

Neither am I.
For the record, I was a total Amiga nutcase!
I had the Video toaster and everything.

At that time I was an OS/2 enthusiast but was not on the Internet.

I was too busy thinking I had a career with Big Blue....

I got real smart, real fast and invested every dime in real estate.
I retired very early and here I am.

Again, i don't hate Linux.
I use Linux.
My family uses Linux.

I hate lying, SPAMMING, self centered, profit motivated Linux advocates.
And I will do everything in my power to expose them.

peterwn

Mar 2, 2008, 9:59:22 PM3/2/08
On Mar 3, 3:13 pm, Erik Funkenbusch <e...@despam-funkenbusch.com>
wrote:

> In a little over 2 years, Roy has posted 49,300 posts to usenet (not
> counting his posts Digg, Netscape, etc..). In contrast, I've posted 36,000
> posts in 17 years.

Note that Roy's postings are all right 'on topic' for a linux advocacy
group, and hence are beyond criticism.

Agreed that he wouldbe badly off topic if he posted to a group with a
name like comp.os.vista.advocacy .

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 2, 2008, 10:08:00 PM3/2/08
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 18:59:22 -0800 (PST), peterwn wrote:

> On Mar 3, 3:13 pm, Erik Funkenbusch <e...@despam-funkenbusch.com>
> wrote:
>> In a little over 2 years, Roy has posted 49,300 posts to usenet (not
>> counting his posts Digg, Netscape, etc..). In contrast, I've posted 36,000
>> posts in 17 years.
>>

> Note that Roy's postings are all right 'on topic' for a linux advocacy
> group, and hence are beyond criticism.

Are you kidding?

> Agreed that he wouldbe badly off topic if he posted to a group with a
> name like comp.os.vista.advocacy .

Many of his posts are not even close.

He would be tarred and feathered if he tried this in other groups.

Tim Smith

Mar 2, 2008, 10:09:46 PM3/2/08
In article <3zjegls12htf$.ry7o06uil7by$.d...@40tude.net>,

Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I defy ANYONE in COLA to keep up with Roy, just in COLA, and tell me that
> he is not being paid.
> Tell me he is not using automated software to do this.
> Tell me it is not AI based and sucks phrases out of RSS feeds and SPAMS
> them all over place.

If we assume he spends 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, on his posts, that
works out to him putting less than 8 minutes into each post. 8 minutes
to read an article, pick out a relevant quote that sums up the piece,
compose a headline, pull up all those other so-called related items he
puts in, and post it. 8 minutes.

No wonder they are so riddled with errors!

There's no way to spin this favorably to Roy. If he's spending 8+ hours
a day on this, it is very hard to believe he is not getting compensated.
And if he is spending only "hobbyist"-type hours on this like the rest
of us, then his time spent per post falls far below 8 minutes, which is
not good--it means he's not even trying to achieve accuracy.

--
--Tim Smith

Tattoo Vampire

Mar 2, 2008, 10:16:43 PM3/2/08
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> My message count has increased lately for good reason.

Yeah, you're a trolling idiot.
--
Regards,
[tv]

...666.0000: Number of the High Precision Beast

Owner and proprietor, Trollus Amongus, LLC

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 2, 2008, 10:17:09 PM3/2/08
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 18:59:22 -0800 (PST), peterwn wrote:

> On Mar 3, 3:13 pm, Erik Funkenbusch <e...@despam-funkenbusch.com>
> wrote:
>> In a little over 2 years, Roy has posted 49,300 posts to usenet (not
>> counting his posts Digg, Netscape, etc..). In contrast, I've posted 36,000
>> posts in 17 years.
>>

> Note that Roy's postings are all right 'on topic' for a linux advocacy
> group, and hence are beyond criticism.

Since when are posts about Microsoft, ODF, Bill Gates charity, etc.. "right
on topic"?

> Agreed that he wouldbe badly off topic if he posted to a group with a
> name like comp.os.vista.advocacy .

He posts MORE messages about Microsoft than he does Linux.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 2, 2008, 10:26:35 PM3/2/08

peterwn is another starry eyed zealot.

El Tux

Mar 2, 2008, 11:16:42 PM3/2/08
On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 22:17:09 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 18:59:22 -0800 (PST), peterwn wrote:
>
>> On Mar 3, 3:13 pm, Erik Funkenbusch <e...@despam-funkenbusch.com>
>> wrote:
>>> In a little over 2 years, Roy has posted 49,300 posts to usenet (not
>>> counting his posts Digg, Netscape, etc..). In contrast, I've posted
>>> 36,000 posts in 17 years.
>>>

>> Note that Roy's postings are all right 'on topic' for a linux advocacy
>> group, and hence are beyond criticism.
>
> Since when are posts about Microsoft, ODF, Bill Gates charity, etc..
> "right on topic"?

Since Microsoft's shills invaded our newsgroup.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 2, 2008, 11:22:06 PM3/2/08

Wrong.
Since day one.

Interesting comment coming from a person who just started posting here a
week ago and who also uses Supernews to post.

Do you honestly think people around here are that stupid?

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 2, 2008, 11:48:45 PM3/2/08
____/ Tattoo Vampire on Monday 03 March 2008 03:16 : \____

> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>
>> My message count has increased lately for good reason.
>
> Yeah, you're a trolling idiot.

What amazes me most is that the trolls fail to see (of course they don't want
to see) this very simple point:

* This is a ->Linux<- newsgroup

* If people post on-topic stuff, that's acceptable and natural

* If people come here to be insulted for trolling, that is not natural, unless
it's a return to days of the Munchkins when Microsoft paid people to do this.
It does it to this day. I'm appending examples again.

___

EU cracks down on fake blogger astroturfing

,----[ Quote ]
| But back to the web, and with sneaky marketing campaigns likely to be more
| effective than upfront marketing campaigns, what is stopping companies from
| simply risking it and continuing existing practices?
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/03/eu_flogging_ban/

http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf

Microsoft pays star writers to recite slogan

,----[ Quote ]
| The stodgy old media industry has a rule that newspaper reporters, and TV
| news hosts, shouldn't trade on their public trust to endorse products.
`----

http://valleywag.com/tech/federated-media/microsoft-pays-star-writers-to-recite-slogan-271485.php

Malik, Arrington and Battelle: X-22, come in [to Microsoft]

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9733995-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

,----[ Quote ]
| "The main thing I'm pissed off about right now is that they pulled all the
| ads, which mean we're taking a revenue hit. We're running a business here,
| and have payroll to make. We run ads to make that payroll. Those ads have now
| been pulled."
|
| Microsoft once again corrupts confidence in the blogsphere. They
| turn 'citizen journalists' to marketing people in disguise.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9734034-7.html?tag=head

How's the Reception at [Microsoft's] Channel 9?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates emphasized the importance of blogging in a
| May 2004 speech during the company's annual CEO summit. But Gates doesn't
| blog; same for Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
|
| [...]
|
| Many Microsoft employees do blog, reportedly more than 4,000 of them.
| The number of employee bloggers was comparatively quite small, about
| 300, before the launch of Channel 9 and the success of Scoble's blog.
|
| Last year could be called year of the blog at Microsoft. Employee
| blogrolls swelled and Microsoft bloggers disseminated lots of
| vital information about the company. Increasingly, employee
| bloggers are becoming Microsoft's primary evangelists. They are
| certainly a group over which the company can exact some control
| and which can spin information to Microsoft's advantage.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/developer/hows_the_reception_at_channel_9.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Is Seven Renegade, Guerrilla Marketer or Fake?

,----[ Quote ]
| Some kudos for Microsoft: If Seven is a sanctioned guerrilla marketer, he or
| she has been too long waiting to blog. Microsoft, you need to get some good
| leaks out there to generate buzz. Please, let's see more of this. Be
| aggressive, take marketing risks. A blog such as this is worth millions of
| dollars in advertising, if it delivers the goods (meaning details) and
| generates buzz.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/is_seven_renegade_guerrilla_marketer_or_fake.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Recidivist M$ Up to New Tricks

,----[ Quote ]
| Unleash the Astro-Turfers!
|
| Already on Apple oriented developer mailing lists one can see the
| astro-turfing has begun. A really amateurish attempt by 'Mac Developer' (no
| one uses a stupid handle like that) turned up today.
`----

http://rixstep.com/1/20071004,00.shtml

Meet Thomas Brooks. He's a viral marketer for Microsoft.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8281416&publicUserId=4561231

,----[ Quote ]
| In 2001, the Los Angeles Times accused Microsoft of astroturfing
| when hundreds of similar letters were sent to newspapers voicing
| disagreement with the United States Department of Justice and its
| antitrust suit against Microsoft. The letters, prepared by Americans
| for Technology Leadership, had in some cases been mailed from
| deceased citizens or nonexistent addresses.
`----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Received this by E-mail:

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0%402-651865,36-991097%4051-991184,0.html

,----[ Quote ]
| As you see, it's in French but it is short and sweet.  It refers to an
| article published in the Swiss newspaper Le Temps on Monday (available for a
| payment of 2.50 Swiss francs.)  But I find the Le Monde article
| sufficient and can offer a translation:
|
|      1,445: number of students in the world paid by Microsoft to
|      promote favourable speech in their universities
|
|      "How Microsoft has infiltrated the Swiss universities" was the
|      title of the Monday Le Temps.  The Genevean newspaper pointed to
|      these students charged with "forging links with their peers and
|      the professors" to improve the image of Bill Gates' firm in the
|      universities.  The program "Microsoft Student Partners" is not at
|      all clandestine, it has an official Website at
|      "http://student-partners.com".  It is no longer at all local: the
|      1,445 students at the service of Microsoft are active in 102
|      countries.  In France, more than 100 students carry the title MSP
|      and correspond with the Microsoft teams during their whole time in
|      school.  These French students have actively participated in the
|      launch of the Vista operating system, organising 87 conferences
|      and stands, leading 17 training sessions and moderating 42 blogs.
`----

Microsoft Using YouTube To Promote Vista & Live, Leaves Comments Open

,----[ Quote ]
| The more interesting aspect is that Microsoft would use the Google owned
| YouTube for such as promotion; it certainly demonstrates just how powerful
| the market position of YouTube has become over the last 2 years that
| Microsoft would use it to promote their products.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/12/30/microsoft-using-youtube-to-promote-vista-live-leaves-comments-open/
http://tinyurl.com/2ghzzm

Notable examples of viral marketing

,----[ Quote ]
| # ilovebees.com - viral marketing for Halo 2
| # Hotmail, promoted largely by links at the bottoms of emails sent by
| its users, is the classic viral marketing example
| # Microsoft's Origami Project campaign
| # Microsoft's Xbox 360 campaign, called OurColony
`----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing

MSN Is Spamming The Blogosphere

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.scott-o-rama.com/2006/12/06/msn-is-spamming-the-blogosphere/

,----[ Quote ]
|     "Some years back, Microsoft practiced a lot of dirty tricks using
| online mavens to go into forums and create Web sites extolling the virtues
| of Windows over OS/2. They were dubbed the Microsoft Munchkins, and it
| was obvious who they were and what they were up to. But their numbers
| and energy (and they way they joined forces with nonaligned dummies who
| liked to pile on) proved too much for IBM marketers, and Windows wont
| he operating-system war through fifth-column tactics"
|
|     Mr Dvorak wonders if Microsoft is today using reverse-dirty-tricks
| to promote the Xbox 360: pay people to create Web sites that slam the
| gaming computer in order to provoke a barrage of defenders.
`----

http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html

Microsoft really loves Bloggers !!!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft regularly flies customers and industry experts to its
| campus in Washington to listen to the feedback given by those
| people.The company invites dozens of key customers and partners
| to the event,where they spend brainstorming as a group.But as of
| late, Microsoft has changed it's strategy and the company is
| making extensive use of blogs to get direct customer feedback.
|
| Within a year,more than 1000 Microsoft employee blogs featured
| developers and product managers talking directly to customers every
| day, instead of once a year.Microsoft employees read dozens of
| blogs every day to see how customers react to Microsoft products
| and services. In fact,Microsoft employees have taken a bigger leap
| and even contribute to other's blogs in the expanding space of
| Blogosphere.
`----

http://thoughtsprevail.blogspot.com/2007/03/microsoft-really-loves-bloggers.html

Microsoft Traps and Hunts for Bloggers in India !!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has announced the "Microsoft BlogStars" contest, to Hunts
| for Developer Bloggers in India. After feeling the power and increase of
| the Bloggers community in India, Microsoft tries to trap and hunt Bloggers
| in India to buildup the blogging community, for writing blog posts
| supporting towards Microsoft Technologies.
`----

http://i5bala.blogspot.com/2006/10/microsoft-traps-and-hunts-for-bloggers.html

Seattle Area Bloggers Needed for Microsoft User Research Study

,----[ Quote ]
| For your participation, we'll give you your choice of retail
| software and hardware from our extensive list. Current titles
| include the latest Xbox, Xbox 360, and PC games, keyboards,
| Microsoft Office, Windows, productivity software and much more.
`----

http://blogs.msdn.com/usability_recruiting/archive/2007/01/05/seattle-area-bloggers-needed-for-microsoft-user-research-study.aspx

Bloggers meet Mr. Bill (Gates)

,----[ Quote ]
| That meeting is to help Web developers understand how to "unlock new
| revenue opportunities" through technology and content, which could
| include podcasts and blogs. The Microsoft sessions wraps up with a
| one-hour q-and-a up with Bill Gates.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7BD18F3BC9%2DF59E%2D4DB4%2DB978%2DD4651079E274%7D&source=blq%2Fyhoo&dist=yhoo&siteid=yhoo
http://tinyurl.com/yjaseg

Bribing Bloggers

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the most frustrating thing about the practice of giving
| bloggers free stuff: it pisses in the well, reducing the credibility
| of all blogs. I'm upset that people trust me less because of the
| behavior of other bloggers. Don't even get me started about PayPerPost.
|
| [...]
|
| Do not, under any circumstances, consider upgrading an XP system to
| Vista... even if it's fairly new and even if it's Vista Supremo
| Premium Ultra-Capable.
`----

Microsoft's Laptop Giveaway Becoming PR Disaster?

,----[ Quote ]
| This thing is starting to feel like a PR disaster. Bloggers are
| starting to smell blood and this thing very well may begin to
| turn into yet another episode of bloggers gone wild.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061228/23174_id.html?.v=1

Bribing Bloggers

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a bribe. Period. You say nice things about us, you get nice
| things from us. Heck, just say neutral things about us-we'll give
| you a killer new laptop and we know that you'll be inclined to say
| better things about us.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2077596,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

Getting a Vaio [with Vista, from Microsoft, even in March 2007]

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Belgium rang me yesterday (I don?t think they realised it
| was a public holiday here!).
|
| [...]
|
| The phone call yesterday was to confirm my address - the laptop (a
| Sony Vaio - dunno which model or spec yet) is en route with Vista
| Ultimate and Office Ultimate pre-installed.
`----

http://www.tomrafteryit.net/getting-a-vaio/

INQhack survives Vistability test in Volesville

,----[ Quote ]
| The Vole (Microsoft) supposedly invited The INQ over for tea because
| we are notorious "Microsoft doubters" - and we were accompanied by
| other supposed Vole doubters such as the folk from lifehacker and
| a very nice man from Slashdot, as well as some Microsoft MvPs.
`----

Microsoft desperately wants my love -- and yours

,----[ Quote ]
| I spent December seventh, eighth, and ninth in Seattle as Microsoft's
| guest. Microsoft flew me there from Florida at its expense, put me up
| in a nice hotel, provided decent food, and comped me and four other
| invitees to this "special conference" with presentations about the
| marvels of Vista and other recent or upcoming Microsoft products. They
| didn't quite play the old Beatles song "Love Me Do" in the background,
| but it was the event's unstated theme.
`----

~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Roughly 2% of your keyboard is O/S-specific
run-level 2 2008-01-24 14:06 last=

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 2, 2008, 11:44:31 PM3/2/08
____/ 7 on Monday 03 March 2008 02:44 : \____

STILL with the big lie!! Erik, you little rotten...

I AM NOT BEING PAID FOR ANY OF THIS. GET IT?

I've seen the same dirty tricks being used to discredit other people, using
libel essentially.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
Tasks: 137 total, 1 running, 135 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie

Sinister Midget

Mar 3, 2008, 1:34:24 AM3/3/08
On 2008-03-03, Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> claimed:

> In a little over 2 years, Roy has posted 49,300 posts to usenet (not
> counting his posts Digg, Netscape, etc..).

So? Work a little harder at if the difference bothers you that much.

> Many of you will remember that it wasn't long ago that I was typically the
> top, or close to the top poster in COLA, a distinction I do not feel
> particularly proud of. Yet Roy has, in just over 2 years, posted almost
> 50% more articles as someone who has been prolific on usnet for more than
> 10 years.
>
> Makes you think.

Yeah. Makes me think how glad I am that somebody who is pro-linux is at
the top instead of a FUDster.

> It also seems kind of odd, given the number of people that accused me of
> being paid to post, and that nobody could post as much as I do without
> being paid, that those same people refuse to believe that Roy is spamming
> them.

No. What most of us say/said is if he gets paid to post pro-linux
material to a pro-linux group, more power to him. I wish I had a job
like that. If he's not paid, that's his business.

> Makes you wonder.

Yeah. Makes me wonder why it's such a concern of yours. And a concern
for Mushy Goldblatt. And for Darnho the Quack. And Timmy. And why it
bothers a whole bunch of the other worthless, lying, nymshifting,
useless trolls who hang out and cast aspersions toward an operating
system that you/they claim to hate and have no fear from.

--
I bought a new camouflage shirt and now I can't find it!

Hadron

Mar 3, 2008, 1:55:33 AM3/3/08
Tattoo Vampire <sit...@this.computer> writes:

> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>
>> My message count has increased lately for good reason.
>
> Yeah, you're a trolling idiot.

Yeah. And you're a marketing director.

LOL

Tim Smith

Mar 3, 2008, 2:28:06 AM3/3/08
In article <1890979.T...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> STILL with the big lie!! Erik, you little rotten...
>
> I AM NOT BEING PAID FOR ANY OF THIS. GET IT?

You've repeatedly accused me, and Erik, and others, of being paid to
post here. How come that's OK, but if we accuse you, it's the big lie?
You're being hypocritical here. At least those accusing you have more
evidence than you have for your accusations.

Here's the evidence that I'm being paid to post:

1. You've said I spend a lot of time at it.

Here's the evidence against my being paid (at least by MS):

1. A Google record going back nearly 25 years, showing that I've been
a Unix programmer for that long, and a Mac user on and off for almost as
long. There's very little of me in Windows-related groups, except when
something from a Mac or Unix group spilled over. (And maybe some gaming
spillover, as I have played a few games--Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot,
and City of Heros--that required me to use Windows.

2. I was a witness against Microsoft in a large patent lawsuit.
Although Microsoft ultimately won the lawsuit, such suits typically cost
$2 or $3 million dollars to defend, and they were not awarded attorney
fees, so they had to eat the cost of their defense. If Microsoft had
any control over me, don't you think they would have told me to make the
lawsuit go away?

Now let's look at the case for you being paid.

1. Your post volume. In the last year, you've posted 22400 messages
to usenet alone. That's a post every 25 minutes! For comparison, I,
who am a serious usenet addict, spending a large chunk of my free time
reading and posting, posted 3250 messages in that same timeframe.

You are posting almost 7 times as often as I do. By the very argument
you use against me (time spent posting), you must be getting paid.

2. You don't have a long history here. Your early usenet history
seems to be about web site design and hosting, and then SEO, and then
you start flooding COLA and other Linux forums, and many of your posts
seem designed to drive traffic to your site. Yeah...nothing suspicious
there...

The only real question left is whether it is someone pro-Linux/anti-MS
that is behind you, or whether it is someone anti-Linux/pro-MS who is
trying to make Linux people look bad.

--
--Tim Smith

Clogwog

Mar 3, 2008, 5:15:02 AM3/3/08

ROFL
He hasn't found out yet that people want windows!, but when he finds out
it's too late for him and his boss will kick his ass back to his freelance
"advertizing" job.
b.t.w.
I wonder: Is "freelance advertizing" the same as "spamming"??????

Linonut

Mar 3, 2008, 7:37:21 AM3/3/08
* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Nobody in their right mind could honestly look at Roy's numbers and not
> come to the same conclusion. Roy has to be paid to post, there is no other
> explanation.

Whooooooooooooooooooooo

carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrres?

--
I laid out memory so the bottom 640K was general purpose RAM and the upper
384 I reserved for video and ROM, and things like that. That is why they

Linonut

Mar 3, 2008, 7:38:00 AM3/3/08
* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

> On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 21:13:52 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the fuck

caarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrres?

--
Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people
want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when

Linonut

Mar 3, 2008, 7:44:38 AM3/3/08

> In article <1890979.T...@schestowitz.com>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> STILL with the big lie!! Erik, you little rotten...
>>
>> I AM NOT BEING PAID FOR ANY OF THIS. GET IT?
>
> You've repeatedly accused me, and Erik, and others, of being paid to
> post here. How come that's OK, but if we accuse you, it's the big lie?
> You're being hypocritical here. At least those accusing you have more
> evidence than you have for your accusations.
>

> . . .

> The only real question left is whether it is someone pro-Linux/anti-MS
> that is behind you, or whether it is someone anti-Linux/pro-MS who is
> trying to make Linux people look bad.

The question is, why are you and Eric (and your apparent buddy "Moshe")
so concerned about Roy's posts, to the point that you beat on him
relentlessly about his collection of links to sites and articles that
might be of interest to Linux users and to those concerned about the
inordinate (and often deleterious) influence of Microsoft?

--
If something's expensive to develop, and somebody's not going to get paid,
it won't get developed. So you decide: Do you want software to be

Linonut

Mar 3, 2008, 7:45:45 AM3/3/08
* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

Maybe not. But you are definitely, patently a Microsoft shill, whether
paid or unpaid.

--
We've done some good work, but all of these products become obsolete so
fast... It will be some finite number of years, and I don't know the number

Tattoo Vampire

Mar 3, 2008, 7:57:47 AM3/3/08
Snotwad wrote:

> He hasn't found out yet that people want windows

It doesn't matter what they want in the office; they get what I want them to
use. I have a few Mac enthusiasts wondering why I didn't switch to Macs,
too, LOL
--
Regards,
[tv]

...Just as easy as 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 7:55:44 AM3/3/08
Linonut wrote:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> Nobody in their right mind could honestly look at Roy's numbers and not
>> come to the same conclusion. Roy has to be paid to post, there is no other
>> explanation.
>
> Whooooooooooooooooooooo
>
> carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrres?

Weeeeeee don't!

--
Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
Linux systems: PCLOS 2007,Fedora 8, Kubuntu 7.10.

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 7:58:38 AM3/3/08
Linonut wrote:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 02:44:39 GMT, 7 wrote:
>>
>>> I can't imagine anyone having such zealous attachment to micoshaft
>>> products so as to waste 17 years of their life time posting
>>> anti-linux messages. I think it is an incredible sad day
>>> for micoshaft loosers.
>>
>> 17 years ago I was an Amiga enthusiest. I didn't even know what Linux was
>> (it had, after all, just been created).
>>
>> And I am not anti-linux.

> Maybe not.

Well he ain't called FUDDenbush for nothing!

> But you are definitely, patently a Microsoft shill, whether
> paid or unpaid.

He certainly is.

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 7:55:01 AM3/3/08
Linonut wrote:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

<shnippen whining>

Fuck off, troll.

> Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>
> the fuck
>
> caarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrres?

/.me looked at google:
COLA Statistics, 02 Mar 2008 - colastats:-
Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.st...@gmail.com>....................... : 407

Yet not one fscking word from Ewik about *that* troll's posts.

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 8:01:17 AM3/3/08
Linonut wrote:

> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> In article <1890979.T...@schestowitz.com>,
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>> STILL with the big lie!! Erik, you little rotten...
>>>
>>> I AM NOT BEING PAID FOR ANY OF THIS. GET IT?
>>
>> You've repeatedly accused me, and Erik, and others, of being paid to
>> post here. How come that's OK, but if we accuse you, it's the big lie?
>> You're being hypocritical here. At least those accusing you have more
>> evidence than you have for your accusations.
>>
>> . . .
>>
>> The only real question left is whether it is someone pro-Linux/anti-MS
>> that is behind you, or whether it is someone anti-Linux/pro-MS who is
>> trying to make Linux people look bad.
>
> The question is, why are you and Eric (and your apparent buddy "Moshe")
> so concerned about Roy's posts, to the point that you beat on him
> relentlessly about his collection of links to sites and articles that
> might be of interest to Linux users and to those concerned about the
> inordinate (and often deleterious) influence of Microsoft?

Surely the question is, WHY are Smith & FUDDenbush in a *Linux* group? They
don't use linux, nor advocate it (in spite of their protestations to the
contrary).

Hadron

Mar 3, 2008, 8:17:20 AM3/3/08
Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> writes:

> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> In article <1890979.T...@schestowitz.com>,
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>> STILL with the big lie!! Erik, you little rotten...
>>>
>>> I AM NOT BEING PAID FOR ANY OF THIS. GET IT?
>>
>> You've repeatedly accused me, and Erik, and others, of being paid to
>> post here. How come that's OK, but if we accuse you, it's the big lie?
>> You're being hypocritical here. At least those accusing you have more
>> evidence than you have for your accusations.
>>
>> . . .
>>
>> The only real question left is whether it is someone pro-Linux/anti-MS
>> that is behind you, or whether it is someone anti-Linux/pro-MS who is
>> trying to make Linux people look bad.
>
> The question is, why are you and Eric (and your apparent buddy "Moshe")
> so concerned about Roy's posts, to the point that you beat on him
> relentlessly about his collection of links to sites and articles that
> might be of interest to Linux users and to those concerned about the
> inordinate (and often deleterious) influence of Microsoft?

Your stupidity shines through once more. Re-read Tim's post and it will
become clear what the issue with Roy and his posts is.

He, like you, is a two faced hypocrite. One rule for him and another for
everyone else. Admittedly you post more garbage as a % than him but it's
close.

Hadron

Mar 3, 2008, 8:28:34 AM3/3/08
Tattoo Vampire <sit...@this.computer> writes:

> Snotwad wrote:
>
>> He hasn't found out yet that people want windows
>
> It doesn't matter what they want in the office; they get what I want them to
> use. I have a few Mac enthusiasts wondering why I didn't switch to Macs,
> too, LOL

Fear him!

LOL, what a power freak.

Sinister Midget

Mar 3, 2008, 8:28:06 AM3/3/08
On 2008-03-03, Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> claimed:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> Correction, my post count is 30,600.
>
> Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>
> the fuck
>
> caarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrres?

Mr. Obsessive, that's who.

I couldn't begin to guess how many usenet posts I've made. I couldn't
care less.

--
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please disregard
this message.

Sinister Midget

Mar 3, 2008, 8:30:07 AM3/3/08
On 2008-03-03, William Poaster <w...@leafnode.amd64.eu> claimed:

> /.me looked at google:
> COLA Statistics, 02 Mar 2008 - colastats:-
> Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.st...@gmail.com>....................... : 407
>
> Yet not one fscking word from Ewik about *that* troll's posts.

Moshe Goldflatfish isn't posting anything favorable toward linux or
detrimental toward the monopoly, that's why.

--
A child's face says it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 8:53:50 AM3/3/08
Hadron wrote:

So you seeem to think that in other companies the employees decide what they
need/want to use.

Pathetic, "true linux advocate", "kernel hacker", "emacs user", "swapfile
expert", "X specialist", "CUPS guru", "USB-disk server admin", "defragger
professional", "newsreader magician", "hardware maven", "time
coordinator", "email sage" and "OSS culling committee chairman" Hadron
Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian O'Leary

--
Just out of curiosity does this actually mean something or have some
of the few remaining bits of your brain just evaporated?

chrisv

Mar 3, 2008, 9:03:13 AM3/3/08
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>Makes you think.

No it doesn't. But I do think that you're a dishonest fsckwit, Erik.

chrisv

Mar 3, 2008, 9:05:53 AM3/3/08
Tattoo Vampire wrote:

>troll wrote:
>>
>> My message count has increased lately

Funny, I hadn't noticed.

>> for good reason.

>Yeah, you're a trolling idiot.

Indeed.

KUTLOZE SCHEEFGEPOEPTE

Mar 3, 2008, 9:50:03 AM3/3/08
"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> schreef in bericht

You were gone for a while, I hoped you stopped poasting in cola, pity!
As always, only worthless messages were spewed today in cola by you.
--
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007/09/chrisv-liar.html
The chrisv liar:
The dufus who calls himself is for all practical purposes just as useless as
the "Willy Boaster" idiot. His understanding of human communications is
limited to one of two responses:
1 - Fsck you arsehole troll.
2 - *plonk*
In real life he isn't likely to be very bright. He probably has a job as an
"assistant shift manager" at a Burger King. His only purpose on usenet is to
make an honest replier, to a usenet post look bad. His idiotic plonking
behaviour has no limits. He's a liar too because he bashes MS Windows Vista
frequently, despite the fact that he avoids the question if he has ever used
Vista, by saying *plonk*. He is a typical linux and COLA fuckwit, when
confronted with facts that prove him to be an idiot he resorts to posting
*PLONK*. His vocabulary is very limited, monosyllable and abusive like most
Cola regulars. (plonk, idiot, wintroll, troll, felcher a.s.o)

Clogwog

Mar 3, 2008, 10:23:15 AM3/3/08
"Moshe Goldfarb" <brick....@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 04:16:42 -0000, El Tux wrote:

>>> Since when are posts about Microsoft, ODF, Bill Gates charity, etc..
>>> "right on topic"?
>>
>> Since Microsoft's shills invaded our newsgroup.
>
> Wrong.
> Since day one.

In 2002 and later cola retards invaded alt.os.windows-xp to rant XP.
Koehlmann-Gaycloth-Bailo-Sinister Maggot-LinŲnut-Kelsey-chrisv, name them.
Roy was still in kindergarten back then, I bet he would have been thrilled!
cola doesn't advocate Linux, their only objective is to rant Microsoft.
--
comp.os.linux.advocacy, COLA, (it's close with COLON) widely known as "The
rectum of usenet".

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 3, 2008, 10:20:40 AM3/3/08
____/ William Poaster on Monday 03 March 2008 13:01 : \____

You beat me to it. I was going to reply and say the same thing to Linonut.

Earlier today I googled 'microsoft briberies'. Do it. Google it. See all the
results.

What do you see?

Speaking of which, my site came under another DOOS attack 3 hours ago (it
knocked it over and we monitor it now). That was the same time my explanation
(with proof) of the briberies hit the front page of a key Free software site,
which brought thousands of visitors so far.

I don't want to claim impact and I don't think the DDOS attacks have something
to do with the posts, but the trolls do have a reason -- in general -- to
attack me. They try to shoot the messenger. If libel is required, it doesn't
stop them. Maybe they just can't dig enough dirt on me, so they need to make
stuff up.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | "All your archives are (sic) belong to Google"
Cpu(s): 26.1%us, 4.1%sy, 1.0%ni, 64.5%id, 4.0%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 3, 2008, 10:22:56 AM3/3/08
____/ William Poaster on Monday 03 March 2008 12:55 : \____

> Linonut wrote:
>
>> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>>> Nobody in their right mind could honestly look at Roy's numbers and not
>>> come to the same conclusion. Roy has to be paid to post, there is no other
>>> explanation.
>>
>> Whooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>> carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrres?
>
> Weeeeeee don't!

Erik's friends/employers/whatever might be worried.

http://www.fsdaily.com/
http://www.fsdaily.com/Opposition/Microsoft_May_Have_Bribed_India_for_OOXML_Pressure

Front page, top item.

My site came under DDOS attack 3 hours ago and it went offline as a result.

Google a little bit about it. The word spreads to other Web sites as we speak.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
15:20:02 up 39 days, 1:14, 3 users, load average: 1.22, 1.50, 1.85

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 3, 2008, 10:24:16 AM3/3/08
____/ Linonut on Monday 03 March 2008 12:38 : \____

The one whose name is being smeared using outright libel?

Mark Kent

Mar 3, 2008, 10:42:18 AM3/3/08
William Poaster <w...@leafnode.amd64.eu> espoused:

They should not be here. The charter and faq of this group are quite
clear about its purpose; they deliberately post anti-charter material
on a regular basis.

My question is: why do so many regulars respond to them?

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 3, 2008, 10:47:10 AM3/3/08
____/ Sinister Midget on Monday 03 March 2008 13:30 : \____

> On 2008-03-03, William Poaster <w...@leafnode.amd64.eu> claimed:
>
>> /.me looked at google:
>> COLA Statistics, 02 Mar 2008 - colastats:-
>> Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.st...@gmail.com>....................... : 407
>>
>> Yet not one fscking word from Ewik about *that* troll's posts.
>
> Moshe Goldflatfish isn't posting anything favorable toward linux or
> detrimental toward the monopoly, that's why.

Well, "Goldflatfish" is also the trooper behind the strategy of bombarding my
colleagues, employers, the President of the University and so forth with
abusive E-mail trying to bully me out of doing the stuff that I do here --
_voluntarily_.

Microsoft is a bully. It plays hardball. Just ask PJ and others who came under
similar type of abuse. Why would some passer-by/USENET poster ever go this
far? Now, you tell me... why make it a life campaign to gag me?

Why did Erik harass an artist just so that he harasses or sues me? And yes, he
had to persistently ask him time after time (nagging the guy) to actually
bother to send me a message (he told me), asking for removal of an image I DID
ATTRIBUTE TO HIM (with a _hyperlink_ to his Web site).

Whether all those scummy trolls are employed by someone to do this or not, I
don't know and I don't care. Judge for yourself and just keep me out of your
freakin' slanderfest.

Just seen this one about 6 days ago:

Life Is Complicated

,----[ Quote ]
| Those with long memories might suggest a parallel between Rick’s position and
| mine when in 1997, I was sitting on the XML Working Group and co-editing the
| spec, on a pro bono basis as an indie consultant. Netscape hired me to
| represent their interests, and when I announced this, controversy ensued.
| Which is a nice way of saying that Microsoft went berserk; tried
| unsuccessfully to get me fired as co-editor, and then launched a vicious,
| deeply personal extended attack in which they tried to destroy my career and
| took lethal action against a small struggling company because my wife worked
| there. It was a sideshow of a sideshow of the great campaign to bury Netscape
| and I’m sure the executives have forgotten; but I haven’t.
`----

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2007/01/24/Mixup

This is the guy who 'invented' XML in case you don't know him.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Switch to GNU/Linux. < http://www.getgnulinux.org/ >
Tasks: 150 total, 1 running, 149 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

Mark Kent

Mar 3, 2008, 11:10:28 AM3/3/08
William Poaster <w...@leafnode.amd64.eu> espoused:

> Linonut wrote:
>
>> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> 17 years ago I was an Amiga enthusiest. I didn't even know what Linux was
>>> (it had, after all, just been created).
>>>
>>> And I am not anti-linux.
>
>> Maybe not.
>
> Well he ain't called FUDDenbush for nothing!
>
>> But you are definitely, patently a Microsoft shill, whether
>> paid or unpaid.
>
> He certainly is.

He used to troll the OS2 groups before he came here. Free software,
though, cannot be so easily killed.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 3, 2008, 11:18:59 AM3/3/08
On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 23:28:06 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <1890979.T...@schestowitz.com>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> STILL with the big lie!! Erik, you little rotten...
>>
>> I AM NOT BEING PAID FOR ANY OF THIS. GET IT?
>
> You've repeatedly accused me, and Erik, and others, of being paid to
> post here. How come that's OK, but if we accuse you, it's the big lie?
> You're being hypocritical here. At least those accusing you have more
> evidence than you have for your accusations.
>

> Here's the evidence that I'm being paid to post:
>
> 1. You've said I spend a lot of time at it.
>
> Here's the evidence against my being paid (at least by MS):
>
> 1. A Google record going back nearly 25 years, showing that I've been
> a Unix programmer for that long, and a Mac user on and off for almost as
> long. There's very little of me in Windows-related groups, except when
> something from a Mac or Unix group spilled over. (And maybe some gaming
> spillover, as I have played a few games--Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot,
> and City of Heros--that required me to use Windows.
>
> 2. I was a witness against Microsoft in a large patent lawsuit.
> Although Microsoft ultimately won the lawsuit, such suits typically cost
> $2 or $3 million dollars to defend, and they were not awarded attorney
> fees, so they had to eat the cost of their defense. If Microsoft had
> any control over me, don't you think they would have told me to make the
> lawsuit go away?
>
> Now let's look at the case for you being paid.
>
> 1. Your post volume. In the last year, you've posted 22400 messages
> to usenet alone. That's a post every 25 minutes! For comparison, I,
> who am a serious usenet addict, spending a large chunk of my free time
> reading and posting, posted 3250 messages in that same timeframe.
>
> You are posting almost 7 times as often as I do. By the very argument
> you use against me (time spent posting), you must be getting paid.
>
> 2. You don't have a long history here. Your early usenet history
> seems to be about web site design and hosting, and then SEO, and then
> you start flooding COLA and other Linux forums, and many of your posts
> seem designed to drive traffic to your site. Yeah...nothing suspicious
> there...

> The only real question left is whether it is someone pro-Linux/anti-MS
> that is behind you, or whether it is someone anti-Linux/pro-MS who is
> trying to make Linux people look bad.

EXCELLENT TIM!

This post is should be required reading for anyone unfortunate enough to
stumble into COLA for the first time.

It should be added to the Official COLA FAQ.

Like I have said before, I doubt that people would believe Roy Schestowitz
is being paid even if he posted a message admitting it.

The circumstantial evidence that Roy Schestowitz is being compensated for
his efforts is overwhelming. All it takes is an open mind and a little
common sense when looking at the entire picture and their is no other
conclusion that can be reached.

One thing you did miss is that prior to COLA, and a little bit during the
early COLA days, Roy Schestowitz was very active in the
alt.internet.search-engines group.

COLA has been set up, and in a big way but like you say it's not really
clear whether Roy Schestowitz is being funded by pro Linux people or pro
Microsoft people, as a reverse troll designed to cause disruption in Linux
groups and make Linux users look foolish.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

Hadron

Mar 3, 2008, 11:22:24 AM3/3/08
Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> writes:

> COLA has been set up, and in a big way but like you say it's not really
> clear whether Roy Schestowitz is being funded by pro Linux people or pro
> Microsoft people, as a reverse troll designed to cause disruption in Linux
> groups and make Linux users look foolish.

I would have to go for the latter. Himself, Mark Kent and 7 make Linux
users appear to be complete and utter incompetents. Throw in their
parrot High Plains Humper, and their faithful lapdog, Liarnut, and you
have quite an effective deterrent to anyone ever trying Linux. I don't
include Koehlmann who I have a grudging respect for purely because he is
the most inflexible,rudest and hypocritical poster I have ever come
across.

Linonut

Mar 3, 2008, 12:10:16 PM3/3/08

From: Mike Champion (Jan 24 2007, at 22:48)

[disclaimer - I work for Microsoft, but have no firsthand knowledge
of the ongoing OOXML - ODF kerfluffle]

. . .

Finally, on "Which is a nice way of saying that Microsoft went
berserk": To be frank, I watched that episode 10 years ago with
horror, and had my own issues with some Microsoft people and the
rather arrogant corporate culture back in the '90s too. But things
change ... I guess the perpetrators are now retired and living off
their stock options proceeds. Life is unfair, but it goes on, the
lawyers move in, and I'm quite sure that that kind of thing wouldn't
happen today. Give MS credit for one thing: they don't hire dummies
(well, maybe I'm an exception) and smart people learn from their
mistakes.

Yeah, but maybe all they learn is how to be more stealthy.

--
Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very
efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 3, 2008, 12:34:09 PM3/3/08
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:20:40 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> You beat me to it. I was going to reply and say the same thing to Linonut.
>
> Earlier today I googled 'microsoft briberies'. Do it. Google it. See all the
> results.

Google Schestowitz+ ANYTHING (IOW *) and see the results.

According to Google you are an expert on everything from golf balls to do
it yourself surgery.

Your point?

> What do you see?

I see your name all over the place.
Just like you wanted.

> Speaking of which, my site came under another DOOS attack 3 hours ago (it
> knocked it over and we monitor it now). That was the same time my explanation
> (with proof) of the briberies hit the front page of a key Free software site,
> which brought thousands of visitors so far.

Yawnnn..
More claims made without any form of proof.

Schestowitz, you are just not as important as you deem yourself.
In fact, in most circles you are considered a joke.

> I don't want to claim impact and I don't think the DDOS attacks have something
> to do with the posts, but the trolls do have a reason -- in general -- to
> attack me. They try to shoot the messenger. If libel is required, it doesn't
> stop them. Maybe they just can't dig enough dirt on me, so they need to make
> stuff up.

I'll give you a hint Roy.

Schestowitz, you have a sewer mouth.
Not in the sense of being vulgar, but in bragging about yourself.
And people that have sewer mouths always spread information about their
lives all over the place because they over estimate their importance and
they seem to believe that people are interested in what they have to say.

There is more "dirt" as you call it, on the net about you than even you can
imagine.
And the vast majority of it is due to your own narcissistic tendencies and
stupidity.

You want to post 1000's of messages per month, mainatin various hate sites
and you wish to be left alone?

You have to be kidding..

You asked for it and now you're getting it, and from all sides I'm sure.

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 3, 2008, 12:23:30 PM3/3/08
____/ Linonut on Monday 03 March 2008 17:10 : \____

They do try, but they still blow it up sometimes (showing that they
apply 'forces' and stalk people).

http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/03/enough_about_me.html

"It also was strange to see just how many resources are aligned
against me when I write a story about Microsoft."

They accidentally sent this man his 'killfile'.

Nothing has changed and Microsoft hires more scum than ever.

Former Excel Project Manager:

How many Microsofties does it take to implement the Off menu?

,----[ Quote ]
| The only way Microsoft has managed to hire so many people
| has been by lowering their hiring standards significantly...
`----

~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: ~70% of organisms are bacteria

17:20:02 up 39 days, 3:14, 3 users, load average: 2.29, 1.62, 1.71

Hadron

Mar 3, 2008, 1:54:24 PM3/3/08
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

LOL.

You really are full of shit.

Do you have any idea what an idiot you sound? You post baseless
accusations with links back to your own profit making sites and expect
people to believe you?

You're a know nothing and a paranoid laughing stock.

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 3, 2008, 2:07:42 PM3/3/08
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 04:44:31 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> STILL with the big lie!! Erik, you little rotten...
>
> I AM NOT BEING PAID FOR ANY OF THIS. GET IT?
>

> I've seen the same dirty tricks being used to discredit other people, using
> libel essentially.

Then answer this question Roy.

Why do you accuse others, who post significantly less than you, of being
paid and use their number of posts as proof?

Hadron

Mar 3, 2008, 2:15:25 PM3/3/08
Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> writes:

Yes. I would like to know the answer to that too.

Or does Schestowitz really think he is somehow above the rules applied
to others?

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 3, 2008, 2:21:25 PM3/3/08
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:55:01 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

> Linonut wrote:
>
>> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
> <shnippen whining>
>
> Fuck off, troll.
>
>> Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>> the fuck
>>
>> caarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrres?
>>
> /.me looked at google:
> COLA Statistics, 02 Mar 2008 - colastats:-
> Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.st...@gmail.com>....................... : 407
>
> Yet not one fscking word from Ewik about *that* troll's posts.

Bullshit, on many occasions I've criticized him, and for the record I do
not agree with most of his bullshit.

Troy Kirkland

Mar 3, 2008, 2:25:12 PM3/3/08

"Hadron" <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

Roy Schestowitz is a child so he's only now learning that it's difficult to
be consistent when you're a hypocrite.

His claims of paid posters here to discredit him contradict his own posting
history. Then his position against Silverlight/Moonlight is completely
hypocritical to the position he took with Flash/Gnash. You can't have it
both ways and it's very difficult to maintain a consistent position if
you're a hypocrite like Roy Schestowitz.

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 3, 2008, 2:26:21 PM3/3/08
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:24:16 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> The one whose name is being smeared using outright libel?

Look, for what it's worth, I think whoever is alleging things about your
personal life are despicable. And yes, that includes flatfish.

But let's face it, you constantly accuse others of being paid by Microsoft.
All too often, those that yell the loudest about such things are merely
trying to cover up their own actions. A good example are all the
republicans screaming about gays when they keep getting found in
compromising positions.

What makes your accusations regarding being paid any more valid than
anyones against you?

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 3, 2008, 2:30:00 PM3/3/08
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:45:45 -0500, Linonut wrote:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>

>> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 02:44:39 GMT, 7 wrote:
>>
>>> I can't imagine anyone having such zealous attachment to micoshaft
>>> products so as to waste 17 years of their life time posting
>>> anti-linux messages. I think it is an incredible sad day
>>> for micoshaft loosers.
>>
>> 17 years ago I was an Amiga enthusiest. I didn't even know what Linux was
>> (it had, after all, just been created).
>>
>> And I am not anti-linux.
>

> Maybe not. But you are definitely, patently a Microsoft shill, whether
> paid or unpaid.

Just because I disagree with the majorities feelings about Microsoft and
Windows doesn't make me a "shill". A shill is someone that promotes
something. I don't promot Microsoft or Windows, though I do often defend
it because, like that xkcd comic goes...

"Someone is wrong on the internet"

http://xkcd.com/386/

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 2:34:37 PM3/3/08
On Monday 03 March 2008 1:53 pm, Peter Köhlmann wrote in
comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> Tattoo Vampire <sit...@this.computer> writes:

>>> It doesn't matter what they want in the office; they get what I want them
>>> to use. I have a few Mac enthusiasts wondering why I didn't switch to
>>> Macs, too, LOL
>>
>> Fear him!
>>
>> LOL, what a power freak.

> So you seeem to think that in other companies the employees decide what they
> need/want to use.

Coming from Quack, who wants a linux cull, don't you find that funny? Oh, but of
course it wasn't *Quack* telling people what they could & couldn't do!

> Pathetic, "true linux advocate", "kernel hacker", "emacs user", "swapfile
> expert", "X specialist", "CUPS guru", "USB-disk server admin", "defragger
> professional", "newsreader magician", "hardware maven", "time
> coordinator", "email sage" and "OSS culling committee chairman" Hadron
> Quark, aka Hans Schneider, aka Richard, aka Damian O'Leary

--
Mandrake 2008.1 RC1
--On a 64bit system--

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 3, 2008, 2:36:12 PM3/3/08
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:44:38 -0500, Linonut wrote:

> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> In article <1890979.T...@schestowitz.com>,

>> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>> STILL with the big lie!! Erik, you little rotten...
>>>
>>> I AM NOT BEING PAID FOR ANY OF THIS. GET IT?
>>

>> You've repeatedly accused me, and Erik, and others, of being paid to
>> post here. How come that's OK, but if we accuse you, it's the big lie?
>> You're being hypocritical here. At least those accusing you have more
>> evidence than you have for your accusations.
>>
>> . . .
>>
>> The only real question left is whether it is someone pro-Linux/anti-MS
>> that is behind you, or whether it is someone anti-Linux/pro-MS who is
>> trying to make Linux people look bad.
>
> The question is, why are you and Eric (and your apparent buddy "Moshe")
> so concerned about Roy's posts, to the point that you beat on him
> relentlessly about his collection of links to sites and articles that
> might be of interest to Linux users and to those concerned about the
> inordinate (and often deleterious) influence of Microsoft?

For the same reason people on Slashdot, Digg or any other forum or
newsgroup beat on spammers. Because they're douchebags.

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 3, 2008, 2:41:59 PM3/3/08
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 13:01:17 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

> Linonut wrote:
>
>> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> You've repeatedly accused me, and Erik, and others, of being paid to
>>> post here. How come that's OK, but if we accuse you, it's the big lie?
>>> You're being hypocritical here. At least those accusing you have more
>>> evidence than you have for your accusations.
>>>
>>> . . .
>>>
>>> The only real question left is whether it is someone pro-Linux/anti-MS
>>> that is behind you, or whether it is someone anti-Linux/pro-MS who is
>>> trying to make Linux people look bad.
>>
>> The question is, why are you and Eric (and your apparent buddy "Moshe")
>> so concerned about Roy's posts, to the point that you beat on him
>> relentlessly about his collection of links to sites and articles that
>> might be of interest to Linux users and to those concerned about the
>> inordinate (and often deleterious) influence of Microsoft?
>

> Surely the question is, WHY are Smith & FUDDenbush in a *Linux* group? They
> don't use linux, nor advocate it (in spite of their protestations to the
> contrary).

Tim has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a linux user and Unix
programmer. I use Linux every day, I just don't use at as a desktop OS.

I've been here for about 10 years, because for about 10 years (off and on)
i've been trying to use Linux as a desktop and for 10 years it's been
failing to meet even my basic needs. That's not to say it sucks or is bad,
but it's not the panacea that so many make it out to be. It has problems,
and I'd like to see those problems addressed (and they largely are getting
there, despite the protests of people who claim Linux is essentially
perfect already)

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 2:52:02 PM3/3/08
On Monday 03 March 2008 6:34 am, Sinister Midget wrote in
comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> On 2008-03-03, Erik Funkenbusch <er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> claimed:

>> In a little over 2 years, Roy has posted 49,300 posts to usenet (not
>> counting his posts Digg, Netscape, etc..).
>

> So? Work a little harder at if the difference bothers you that much.

Whoaa... IIRC FUDDenbusch had a hard time trying to keep up with Roy, when he
was shadowing Roy's posts with his "Soopa Sekrit Vapahware Plan"(tm).. You
remember, he had to go away....(poor thing was worn out, perhaps)...then when
he came back his "Soopa Sekrit Vapahware Plan"(tm) sort of....well....petered
out. And now you're telling him to work harder & keep up, or even pass Roy's
posts? Why it could give him an infarction....Hmm...(me makes note to call
Blammer about one of his trolls slacking)

>> Many of you will remember that it wasn't long ago that I was typically the
>> top, or close to the top poster in COLA, a distinction I do not feel
>> particularly proud of. Yet Roy has, in just over 2 years, posted almost
>> 50% more articles as someone who has been prolific on usnet for more than
>> 10 years.
>>
>> Makes you think.
>

> Yeah. Makes me think how glad I am that somebody who is pro-linux is at
> the top instead of a FUDster.

Indeed.

>> It also seems kind of odd, given the number of people that accused me of
>> being paid to post, and that nobody could post as much as I do without
>> being paid, that those same people refuse to believe that Roy is spamming
>> them.
>

> No. What most of us say/said is if he gets paid to post pro-linux
> material to a pro-linux group, more power to him. I wish I had a job
> like that. If he's not paid, that's his business.
>
>> Makes you wonder.
>
> Yeah. Makes me wonder why it's such a concern of yours. And a concern
> for Mushy Goldblatt. And for Darnho the Quack. And Timmy. And why it
> bothers a whole bunch of the other worthless, lying, nymshifting,
> useless trolls who hang out and cast aspersions toward an operating
> system that you/they claim to hate and have no fear from.

Yeah, that *does* make you wonder wtf *are* they doing in this group...

Tim Smith

Mar 3, 2008, 3:13:50 PM3/3/08
In article <GoSyj.2714$Ta1...@bignews9.bellsouth.net>,

Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:
> > The only real question left is whether it is someone pro-Linux/anti-MS
> > that is behind you, or whether it is someone anti-Linux/pro-MS who is
> > trying to make Linux people look bad.
>
> The question is, why are you and Eric (and your apparent buddy "Moshe")
> so concerned about Roy's posts, to the point that you beat on him
> relentlessly about his collection of links to sites and articles that
> might be of interest to Linux users and to those concerned about the
> inordinate (and often deleterious) influence of Microsoft?

He has repeatedly accused me of being paid to post here and on other
forums. He refuses to post any evidence for this claim, other than the
amount of time I spend reading the forums he posts to. He's posted
several messages on Digg repeating these claims, and calling for people
to take action against me.

Since it is *Roy* who introduced the "amount of time => being paid"
argument, what's wrong with pointing out that the person that argument
most implicates as being paid is Roy?

--
--Tim Smith

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 3:14:07 PM3/3/08
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

You mean like flatfish?
Who has posted just a few messages less than Roy?
Yes, sounds so credible.
Did you ponder for a short time that just flatfish and Hadron Quark combined
have posted nearly as much as all the other posters combined, including
Roy?

Erik, if you want to have a point, at least try to have one, instead your
usual bullshit

This is simply pathetic
--
Tact, n.:
The unsaid part of what you're thinking.

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 3:16:44 PM3/3/08
Hadron wrote:

Ranking  Articles  Name
-------  --------  ----------------------------
      1       366  Moshe Goldfarb
      2       360  Roy Schestowitz
      3       285  Hadron

Ouch
--
Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall.

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 3:19:21 PM3/3/08
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

He has done so? Really? When? Where? How?

> I use Linux every day, I just don't use at as a desktop OS.

You have no idea at all about linux. You are nearly as clueless about it
like Snot
Quit lying about your "linux usage", Erik. It is simply pathetic how wrong
you are usually about it. You don't use it

< snip more Erik F bullshit >
--
Windows isn't unstable. It's spontaneous.

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 3:23:17 PM3/3/08
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:55:01 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
>
>> Linonut wrote:
>>
>>> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>> <shnippen whining>
>>
>> Fuck off, troll.
>>
>>> Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>>
>>> the fuck
>>>
>>> caarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrres?
>>>
>> /.me looked at google:
>> COLA Statistics, 02 Mar 2008 - colastats:-
>> Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.st...@gmail.com>....................... : 407
>>
>> Yet not one fscking word from Ewik about *that* troll's posts.
>
> Bullshit, on many occasions I've criticized him,

Certainly. All 3 times the last 10 years

> and for the record I do not agree with most of his bullshit.

But you agree with part of his bullshit, then?

And you certainly agree with him posting *at* *least* as much as Roy? With
the exception that *every* post of flatfish is utterly garbage
--
Designed for Windows. No user serviceable parts inside. By design

Tim Smith

Mar 3, 2008, 3:39:56 PM3/3/08
In article <1579398.g...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> Why did Erik harass an artist just so that he harasses or sues me?
> And yes, he had to persistently ask him time after time (nagging the
> guy) to actually bother to send me a message (he told me), asking for
> removal of an image I DID ATTRIBUTE TO HIM (with a _hyperlink_ to his
> Web site).

On the fact of it, that is a rather ridiculous claim. If the artist
didn't mind your unauthorized use, he would have simply told Erik that
it was OK, and that would have ended the matter.

You are simply trying to rationalize your misuse of the artists work.

--
--Tim Smith

chrisv

Mar 3, 2008, 4:15:27 PM3/3/08
Peter Köhlmann wrote:

>Ranking  Articles  Name
>-------  --------  ----------------------------
>      1       366  Moshe Goldfarb

>      3       285  Hadron

Wow, that's a lot of lies and snot that I'm not seeing...

chrisv

Mar 3, 2008, 4:17:12 PM3/3/08
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> I don't promot Microsoft or Windows, though I do often defend it

Idiot.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 3, 2008, 4:46:28 PM3/3/08

Word is getting around regarding Schestowitz.
I've received some very interesting email the past few days.

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 4:47:29 PM3/3/08
chrisv wrote:

Add to those the worthless bile from the teranews nymshifter, DumbFullShits
lies and some other trolling cretins, and you can clearly see that the
trolls do the garbage in COLA. They outnumber the posts of Roy and all the
linux users combined.

Yet these cretins have the nerve to "complain" about the posts of Roy, which
are at least on-topic. And *much* more accurate than all those cretin-posts
combined. After all, flatfish is not even ashamed to invent these stories
about Roys sexual organs and their "treatment". Hadron Quark has not even
enough self-esteem to abstain from "commenting" on that shite.
Not to mention the total crap coming from the other MS-shills

And Erik F and Tim Hadron Funkenbusch Smith have nothing better to do than
chime in. Instead of, just for once, to criticize their fellow trolls for
this outrage
--
"The number of Unix installations has grown to ten, with more expected"
-- The Unix programmers handbook, 1972

Linonut

Mar 3, 2008, 4:52:23 PM3/3/08
* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

So why aren't you jumping on his ass the way you jump on Roy's ass?

--
If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss. He doesn't
have tenure.

Linonut

Mar 3, 2008, 4:55:14 PM3/3/08

Well, I will say that sometimes you do have corrective information about
Microsoft protocols.

Although sometimes irritating <grin>, you and Tim are head and shoulders
above the current inhabitants of my killfile.

You guys have your off moments, of course.

Linonut

Mar 3, 2008, 4:57:01 PM3/3/08
* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

Roy's not a douchebag. Roy's not a spammer.

Many people here appreciate much that he posts.

Looks like you and Tim are in the minority on this one.

--
Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day. Much
of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It would be funny if

Linonut

Mar 3, 2008, 4:58:25 PM3/3/08
* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

> I've been here for about 10 years, because for about 10 years (off and on)
> i've been trying to use Linux as a desktop and for 10 years it's been
> failing to meet even my basic needs.

Yours, maybe.

It more than meets my needs.

> That's not to say it sucks or is bad, but it's not the panacea that so
> many make it out to be. It has problems, and I'd like to see those
> problems addressed (and they largely are getting there, despite the
> protests of people who claim Linux is essentially perfect
> already)

Nobody thinks that here. Nobody.

I love Linux. Warts and all.

--
I actually thought that it would be a little confusing during the same
period of your life to be in one meeting when you're trying to make money,

Linonut

Mar 3, 2008, 4:59:43 PM3/3/08

The same thing that's wrong with beating your opinion into someone else
who disagrees with it. In the physical world it might be termed
"assault".

--
Reinvent yourself!
-- Bill Gates

Tim Smith

Mar 3, 2008, 5:20:31 PM3/3/08
In article <fqhmg9$8l6$03$1...@news.t-online.com>,

Peter Kohlmann <peter.k...@t-online.de> wrote:
> > Tim has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a linux user and Unix
> > programmer.
>
> He has done so? Really? When? Where? How?

Well, all those posts of mine in net.unix-wizards concerning obscure
technical details of Unix might be a clue that I've been a Unix user
from way back.

My numerous posts from an ISC address should be another clue to the same
thing. (ISC, for those who don't remember, was one of the first
commercial Unix vendors, and was the company chosen by AT&T to do the
official port System V to the 386).

The fact that I write Linux programs is somewhat of a hint:

<http://www.tzs.net/nntp_xover_cache.html>

--
--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Mar 3, 2008, 5:24:02 PM3/3/08
In article <Nu_yj.114367$K27....@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,

Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:
> Roy's not a douchebag. Roy's not a spammer.
>
> Many people here appreciate much that he posts.

And a large number of people write to the DMA every year and ask to
receive *more* junk mail--but it is still junk mail.

> Looks like you and Tim are in the minority on this one.

Whether you like his posts or not doesn't bear on the fact that the
*rate* of such posts is amazingly high. According to Roy himself, it is
far higher than someone not being paid would do. So, why won't he
explain who is paying for them? Or admit that his theory that "volume
=> pay" is wrong, and stop using that to accuse me and others of being
paid?

--
--Tim Smith

Hadron

Mar 3, 2008, 5:30:51 PM3/3/08
Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> writes:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:44:38 -0500, Linonut wrote:
>>>
>>> The question is, why are you and Eric (and your apparent buddy "Moshe")
>>> so concerned about Roy's posts, to the point that you beat on him
>>> relentlessly about his collection of links to sites and articles that
>>> might be of interest to Linux users and to those concerned about the
>>> inordinate (and often deleterious) influence of Microsoft?
>>
>> For the same reason people on Slashdot, Digg or any other forum or
>> newsgroup beat on spammers. Because they're douchebags.
>
> Roy's not a douchebag. Roy's not a spammer.
>
> Many people here appreciate much that he posts.
>
> Looks like you and Tim are in the minority on this one.

What from the 3 shills that follow Roy around like lapdogs? I think you
will find that he is in a HUGE majority.

Hadron

Mar 3, 2008, 5:31:59 PM3/3/08
Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> writes:

Yet again, Liarnut fails to read the reply.

Hadron

Mar 3, 2008, 5:33:12 PM3/3/08
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

Peter is a Windows programmer. So he refuses to believe ANYONE programs
Linux machines. I think he might find the development tools a little raw
compared to his VB IDE on XP.

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 5:34:58 PM3/3/08
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:54:24 +0100, Hadron wrote:

< snip Hadron Quark hate post >

> Word is getting around regarding Schestowitz.
> I've received some very interesting email the past few days.

Certainly. From your "reliable sources"
--
Try to be the best of whatever you are, even if what you are is
no good.

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 5:38:20 PM3/3/08
Linonut wrote:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:55:01 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
>>
>>> Yet not one fscking word from Ewik about *that* troll's posts.
>>
>> Bullshit, on many occasions I've criticized him, and for the record I do
>> not agree with most of his bullshit.
>
> So why aren't you jumping on his ass the way you jump on Roy's ass?

Because flatfish is on Eriks team
You know, that "counterpart" to Hadron Quarks imaginary "COLA gang"

Basically flatfish is doing "good work" because he is trying very hard to
disrupt cola. So why should Erik go after him?
--
Modern man is the missing link between apes and human beings.

Tim Smith

Mar 3, 2008, 5:50:59 PM3/3/08
In article <rq_yj.114362$K27....@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,

Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> wrote:
> > Bullshit, on many occasions I've criticized him, and for the record I do
> > not agree with most of his bullshit.
>
> So why aren't you jumping on his ass the way you jump on Roy's ass?

I'm going to assume you are curious for my answer on this, too, as you
sometimes seem to have trouble telling me and Erik apart. :-)

(1) When someone says something I think is wrong, that may or may not
result in an ass jumping, depending on my mode, and whether or not I can
recall references to support my position.

(2) When they say something that contradicts other positions they take,
that has a higher probability of an ass jumping.

(3) When they accuse me of things like being paid to post, and the
evidence they offer applies even more convincingly to them, then that
calls for a major ass jumping response.

Most people, be they merely wrong, or stupid, or trolls, on either side,
only are guilty of #1. Roy is the only one who consistently hits all
three.

--
--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

Mar 3, 2008, 5:52:14 PM3/3/08
In article <fqhmbc$fqe$01$2...@news.t-online.com>,

Peter Köhlmann <peter.k...@t-online.de> wrote:
> > Or does Schestowitz really think he is somehow above the rules applied
> > to others?
>
> Ranking  Articles  Name
> -------  --------  ----------------------------
>       1       366  Moshe Goldfarb
>       2       360  Roy Schestowitz
>       3       285  Hadron
>
> Ouch

Get back to us when he sustains that rate for a couple years.

--
--Tim Smith

Hadron

Mar 3, 2008, 5:58:50 PM3/3/08
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

You forgot the bit where they tell the world that you know nothing about
linux, are not a linux user and have never programmed linux.

These guys are simply insane.

And then the madder ones, like Peter, simply deny any links you might
post or evidence contrary to their ridiculous claims.

In their minds it is IMPOSSIBLE to damn Linux for anything if you are a
Linux user. It is indicative of the world in general that not one of the
COLA gang appear to give anything whatsoever back into the OSS
community. To them, despite Liarnut's recent denial, Linux is "as perfect
as can be".

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 5:59:35 PM3/3/08
Tim Smith wrote:

Flatfish? He has done so for the last 10 years at least.

Hadron Quark? Well, he is doing "fine" lately. Lots of "me too" posts to
flatfish do their toll

Combined with the other filth (like the teranews nymshifter or DFS) they
easily outnumber the posts of all linux advocates combined. And do so since
weeks
--
Microsoft: The company that made email dangerous
And web browsing. And viewing pictures. And...

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 6:06:55 PM3/3/08
Hadron wrote:

> Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

>>> So why aren't you jumping on his ass the way you jump on Roy's ass?
>>
>> I'm going to assume you are curious for my answer on this, too, as you
>> sometimes seem to have trouble telling me and Erik apart. :-)
>>
>> (1) When someone says something I think is wrong, that may or may not
>> result in an ass jumping, depending on my mode, and whether or not I can
>> recall references to support my position.
>>
>> (2) When they say something that contradicts other positions they take,
>> that has a higher probability of an ass jumping.
>>
>> (3) When they accuse me of things like being paid to post, and the
>> evidence they offer applies even more convincingly to them, then that
>> calls for a major ass jumping response.
>>
>> Most people, be they merely wrong, or stupid, or trolls, on either side,
>> only are guilty of #1. Roy is the only one who consistently hits all
>> three.
>
> You forgot the bit where they tell the world that you know nothing about
> linux, are not a linux user and have never programmed linux.

You might post the MSg-IDs of those posts now. Tim SMith might be a
dishonest astroturfer, but at least he knows a lot about linux. Which is
something you decidedly do not. Your main "contribution" to linux is your
consistent failure to get it to run properly

> These guys are simply insane.

Certainly. If those posts existed at all. Problem is, they don't

> And then the madder ones, like Peter, simply deny any links you might
> post or evidence contrary to their ridiculous claims.

No. I don't believe Tim Smith most of the time.
He is doing far too much astroturfing to ever consider he might telling the
truth some time

> In their minds it is IMPOSSIBLE to damn Linux for anything if you are a
> Linux user.

Idiot

> It is indicative of the world in general that not one of the
> COLA gang appear to give anything whatsoever back into the OSS
> community. To them, despite Liarnut's recent denial, Linux is "as perfect
> as can be".

Again, you will naturally back up that with lots of Msg-IDs. Right, Hadron?

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 6:16:30 PM3/3/08
On Monday 03 March 2008 8:16 pm, Peter Köhlmann wrote in
comp.os.linux.advocacy:

Funny Quack's complaining about RS, & NOT Flatfish... Oh, hang on, it's because
Flatfish is a fellow wintroll, isn't it.

--
Mandrake 2008.1 RC1
--On a 64bit system--

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 3, 2008, 6:29:16 PM3/3/08

It's not even true. I had 3 messages with the guy, and HE asked ME for
information. I did not "harass" him.

So Roy is likely lying there.

I mean come one. "Yeah, umm.. some guy told me you were copying my work,
and since he's harrased me so much, i guess i have to ask you to stop".

Come on, does that even sound plausable?

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 6:25:14 PM3/3/08
On Monday 03 March 2008 10:34 pm, Peter Köhlmann wrote in
comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

>> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:54:24 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>
> < snip Hadron Quark hate post >
>
>> Word is getting around regarding Schestowitz.
>> I've received some very interesting email the past few days.
>
> Certainly. From your "reliable sources"

These would be from Flafish's invisible friends, perhaps. Or maybe from one of
the many sockpuppet nyms that Flatfish uses...

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 6:22:50 PM3/3/08
On Monday 03 March 2008 8:19 pm, Peter Köhlmann wrote in
comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>>> Surely the question is, WHY are Smith & FUDDenbush in a *Linux* group?
>>> They don't use linux, nor advocate it (in spite of their protestations to
>>> the contrary).
>>

>> Tim has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a linux user and Unix
>> programmer.

A call bullshit.

> He has done so? Really? When? Where? How?

In a pig's ear, probably.

>> I use Linux every day, I just don't use at as a desktop OS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

> You have no idea at all about linux. You are nearly as clueless about it
> like Snot
> Quit lying about your "linux usage", Erik. It is simply pathetic how wrong
> you are usually about it. You don't use it
>
> < snip more Erik F bullshit >

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 6:20:27 PM3/3/08
On Monday 03 March 2008 9:58 pm, Linonut wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> I've been here for about 10 years, because for about 10 years (off and on)
>> i've been trying to use Linux as a desktop and for 10 years it's been
>> failing to meet even my basic needs.
>
> Yours, maybe.
>
> It more than meets my needs.

And mine. So like Quack, it's probably because FUDDenbusch can't set it up
properly....after 10 years!

>> That's not to say it sucks or is bad, but it's not the panacea that so
>> many make it out to be. It has problems, and I'd like to see those
>> problems addressed (and they largely are getting there, despite the
>> protests of people who claim Linux is essentially perfect
>> already)
>
> Nobody thinks that here. Nobody.

No one that I know of anyway. And no one, (well, apart from Ewik's fellow
wintrolls) believes him. He's spouted too much FUD to be believed.

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 3, 2008, 6:31:46 PM3/3/08
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:52:23 -0500, Linonut wrote:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:55:01 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
>>
>>> Yet not one fscking word from Ewik about *that* troll's posts.
>>
>> Bullshit, on many occasions I've criticized him, and for the record I do
>> not agree with most of his bullshit.
>
> So why aren't you jumping on his ass the way you jump on Roy's ass?

Because I know it won't do any good. I still hold out some hope that Roy
might some day come to his senses.

Erik Funkenbusch

Mar 3, 2008, 6:33:29 PM3/3/08
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:55:14 -0500, Linonut wrote:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:45:45 -0500, Linonut wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe not. But you are definitely, patently a Microsoft shill, whether
>>> paid or unpaid.
>>
>> Just because I disagree with the majorities feelings about Microsoft and
>> Windows doesn't make me a "shill". A shill is someone that promotes
>> something. I don't promot Microsoft or Windows, though I do often defend
>> it because, like that xkcd comic goes...
>>
>> "Someone is wrong on the internet"
>>
>> http://xkcd.com/386/
>
> Well, I will say that sometimes you do have corrective information about
> Microsoft protocols.
>
> Although sometimes irritating <grin>, you and Tim are head and shoulders
> above the current inhabitants of my killfile.
>
> You guys have your off moments, of course.

As do you.

Idiot! ;)

William Poaster

Mar 3, 2008, 6:36:06 PM3/3/08
On Monday 03 March 2008 9:52 pm, Linonut wrote in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:55:01 +0000, William Poaster wrote:
>>
>>> Yet not one fscking word from Ewik about *that* troll's posts.
>>
>> Bullshit, on many occasions I've criticized him, and for the record I do
>> not agree with most of his bullshit.

Twaddle, poppycock. FUDDenbusch has spouted so much trash about linux in the
past he's no credibility IMO.

> So why aren't you jumping on his ass the way you jump on Roy's ass?

Because, like Quack, FUDDenbusch is a fellow wintroll & they just won't
criticise them.

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 6:48:59 PM3/3/08
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:52:23 -0500, Linonut wrote:
>
>> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> Bullshit, on many occasions I've criticized him, and for the record I do
>>> not agree with most of his bullshit.
>>
>> So why aren't you jumping on his ass the way you jump on Roy's ass?
>
> Because I know it won't do any good.

Actually, you might be right. Still no excuse at all not to smack him right
into his ugly face time and again

> I still hold out some hope that Roy might some day come to his senses.

*That* way? By constantly trying to insult him?
I know that you are not really intelligent at all, Erik (given your rather
idiotic posts in the last years), but that idiocy tops it all.

It is something like "flogging will continue until morale improves"
--
Howe's Law: Everyone has a scheme that will not work.

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 3, 2008, 6:51:56 PM3/3/08
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:39:56 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> In article <1579398.g...@schestowitz.com>,
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>> Why did Erik harass an artist just so that he harasses or sues me?
>>> And yes, he had to persistently ask him time after time (nagging the
>>> guy) to actually bother to send me a message (he told me), asking for
>>> removal of an image I DID ATTRIBUTE TO HIM (with a _hyperlink_ to his
>>> Web site).
>>
>> On the fact of it, that is a rather ridiculous claim. If the artist
>> didn't mind your unauthorized use, he would have simply told Erik that
>> it was OK, and that would have ended the matter.
>>
>> You are simply trying to rationalize your misuse of the artists work.
>
> It's not even true. I had 3 messages with the guy, and HE asked ME for
> information. I did not "harass" him.

Did *he* initiate the exchange? Or did you the first step?

> So Roy is likely lying there.

Knowing your past behaviour, I'd say you are lying

> I mean come one. "Yeah, umm.. some guy told me you were copying my work,
> and since he's harrased me so much, i guess i have to ask you to stop".
>
> Come on, does that even sound plausable?

Yes. You don't make much sense here, but yes, it sounds more plausible than
your usual bullshit
--
Who the fuck is General Failure, and why is he reading my harddisk?

Mahatma Kote

Mar 3, 2008, 6:59:01 PM3/3/08
On 2008-03-02 21:13:52 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch
<er...@despam-funkenbusch.com> said:

> In a little over 2 years, Roy has posted 49,300 posts to usenet (not
> counting his posts Digg, Netscape, etc..). In contrast, I've posted 36,000
> posts in 17 years.

No one cares you imbecile.

It is loading more messages.