Linux crapware: "The only recourse is a reboot."

1 view

DFS

Aug 9, 2009, 8:48:30 AM8/9/09
"It's definitely not hardware...

I can't run a session without a lock up....

It won't respond to any kill signals...

The only recourse is a reboot...

It's either the kernel or Xorg...

...I guess I'll drop it and wait until it seems like Ubuntu returns to at
least being usable."

#572 at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?s=e757f4e571dc2caf61d4bc850570a0f4&t=1135055&highlight=freeze&page=58

Linux just works
Linux is perfect

7

Aug 9, 2009, 9:34:57 AM8/9/09
Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of Marketing:

> "It's definitely not hardware...
>
> I can't run a session without a lock up....
>
> It won't respond to any kill signals...
>
> The only recourse is a reboot...
>
> It's either the kernel or Xorg...
>
> ...I guess I'll drop it and wait until it seems like Ubuntu returns to at
> least being usable."
>

> #572 at
> http://ubuntuforums.org

showthread.php?s=e757f4e571dc2caf61d4bc850570a0f4&t=1135055&highlight=freeze&page=58

> Linux just works
> Linux is perfect

Hi DFS,

Are you posting your anti-Linux spew because micoshaft
has named Ubuntu as their enemy?!

Micoshaft names RHAT and Canonical (Ubuntu) as their enemies!!!

BEAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

They got nothin better to do?

I'm thinking about that RHAT advert...

�First�they�laugh�at�us
��Then�they�fight�us
���Then�we�win

So we are now at stage 2 where micoshaft is picking a fight
by naming RHAT and Canonical (Ubuntu) as their enemies.
A few days earlier they named Intel and HP as enemies too.
And Google? - yet another enemy that has destroyed
a large chunk of micoshaft already.
Looks like micoshaft is catching its death from all around.

And only a few days ago micoshaft's Balmer claimed micoshaft
has been fighting Linux for YEARS!!!!
Thats despite all the trolls.

Verbosity makes things unclear.

Either Balmer is lying, or the windummy trolls are lying
or both are liars as Linux continues its meteoric rise
and micoshaft revenue heads south.

Windummy paytard loons all thrown into the trollard soup after
years of lying about Micoshaft claiming it doesn't care about
Linux or that Linux is too insignificant when it was
the exact opposite.

As micoshaft sales have lost 30% of market.
how does micoshaft define competing with Linux?

It can't be anything serious.
All we see here are a bunch of windummy trolls ranting
anti-Linux slogans.
Is that what micoshaft calls competing with Linux?
Is that how they lost 30% market share to Linux?

I am sure all reporters, journalists, bloggers,
Linux engineers, and big bosses of big companies
would all like to know now what Balmer meant by
competing with Linux. Please define.

philo

Aug 9, 2009, 1:49:36 PM8/9/09
DFS wrote:
> "It's definitely not hardware...
>
> I can't run a session without a lock up....
>
> It won't respond to any kill signals...
>
> The only recourse is a reboot...
>
> It's either the kernel or Xorg...
>
> ...I guess I'll drop it and wait until it seems like Ubuntu returns to at
> least being usable."

Wrong advice.

the only "problem" I've had with Linux was on Usenet...
it seems to pick up a lot of dumb posts.

what the heck...I tried rebooting...and damn...
they are still there...so your advice did not work.

<G>

DFS

Aug 9, 2009, 2:08:58 PM8/9/09
philo wrote:
> DFS wrote:
>> "It's definitely not hardware...
>>
>> I can't run a session without a lock up....
>>
>> It won't respond to any kill signals...
>>
>> The only recourse is a reboot...
>>
>> It's either the kernel or Xorg...
>>
>> ...I guess I'll drop it and wait until it seems like Ubuntu returns
>> to at least being usable."
>>

> Wrong advice.

Seems to work - temporarily at least - for quite a few Linux victims.

> the only "problem" I've had with Linux was on Usenet...
> it seems to pick up a lot of dumb posts.

How about trying these:
* empty your Sent folder
* killfile anything submitted via slrn or Pan or KNode.

Presto! Instant IQ boost.

> what the heck...I tried rebooting...and damn...
> they are still there...so your advice did not work.
>
> <G>

I rebooted Windows and I still feel your pain that Linux is such a
freeze-o-matic dud for so long.

philo

Aug 9, 2009, 5:35:16 PM8/9/09
DFS wrote:
> philo wrote:
>> DFS wrote:
>>> "It's definitely not hardware...
>>>
>>> I can't run a session without a lock up....
>>>
>>> It won't respond to any kill signals...
>>>
>>> The only recourse is a reboot...
>>>
>>> It's either the kernel or Xorg...
>>>
>>> ...I guess I'll drop it and wait until it seems like Ubuntu returns
>>> to at least being usable."
>>>
>> Wrong advice.
>
> Seems to work - temporarily at least - for quite a few Linux victims.
>

>> the only "problem" I've had with Linux was on Usenet...
>> it seems to pick up a lot of dumb posts.
>
> How about trying these:
> * empty your Sent folder
> * killfile anything submitted via slrn or Pan or KNode.
>
> Presto! Instant IQ boost.

Well the truth of the matter is when I was running XP I had few problems
with it...
and though when I switched over to Linux...I cannot say that
*everything* has been 100 percent perfect...
but the few problems I've had with Linux were soon enough sorted out.

Two things *really* got me away from Windows though:

1) trying out Vista

2) finding root-kit setup files in an XP restore volume.
and no, I do not visit the "wrong" kinds of websites...