Snarl! Snarl!

7

Mar 1, 2012, 6:51:12 PM3/1/12
Snarl! Snarl!
-------------

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/linus-torvalds-snarls-at-opensuse-desktop-linuxs-security/10475

Suse, micoshaft's lapdog, is no stranger
to doing the crap on unfortunate enough to use Suse..

You have to look at Suse/Novel from a micoshafty point
of view - if its gonna keep its lapdog style
slave friendship with micoshaft going for a bone
then it needs to do the bad on Linux.

Root access for everything - yup that sounds like
Suse/Novel doing the bad on Linux.

Other projects that I had the displeasure of finding
broken in Suse included Gambas across many a revisions.
Gambas was quick to point out the fault is with Suse
with distro specific instructions of what they were doing
wrong which made me drop Suse crap on the spot.

There are plenty of other working distros out there.

Chris Ahlstrom

Mar 1, 2012, 11:23:26 PM3/1/12
7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Snarl! Snarl!
> -------------
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/linus-torvalds-snarls-at-opensuse-desktop-linuxs-security/10475
>
> Suse, micoshaft's lapdog, is no stranger
> to doing the crap on unfortunate enough to use Suse..
>
> You have to look at Suse/Novel from a micoshafty point
> of view - if its gonna keep its lapdog style
> slave friendship with micoshaft going for a bone
> then it needs to do the bad on Linux.
>
> Root access for everything - yup that sounds like
> Suse/Novel doing the bad on Linux.

By bad, you mean, of course, Windows.

> Other projects that I had the displeasure of finding
> broken in Suse included Gambas across many a revisions.
> Gambas was quick to point out the fault is with Suse
> with distro specific instructions of what they were doing
> wrong which made me drop Suse crap on the spot.

Torvalds was enraged that it took weeks of “arguing on a Bugzilla
that the security policy of requiring the root password for changing
the time zone and adding a new wireless network was moronic and
wrong. I think the wireless network thing finally did get fixed, but
the time zone never did - it still asks for the admin password.”

The final straw though was when Torvalds’ young daughter “Daniela
calls me from school, because she can’t add the school printer
without the admin password.”

Then Torvalds really blew up, “Whoever moron thought that its “good
security” to require the root password for everyday things like this
is mentally diseased.

--
>>> Where did I lie, shit eater?
>> You belong in a straitjacket, not a newsgroup.
> Yet you don't answer his question. Where did he lie you dishonest little
> "advocate" you? Come on. You're telling lies again to suck up to the
> "advocates" again aren't you? Why do you do it?
> You're a nasty piece of work, no two ways about that.
-- "Hadron" defending "Thomas Thordarsen" <15ona4cbtvl2i$.hrrntgc20jdk$.d...@40tude.net>

DFS

Mar 1, 2012, 11:54:25 PM3/1/12
On 3/1/2012 11:23 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> 7 wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> By bad, you mean, of course, Windows.

By career, you mean, of course, Windows.

GreyCloud

Mar 2, 2012, 1:11:58 AM3/2/12
I find it funny that Linus created Linux, yet the buffoons don't like it
when Linus makes a negative comment about some linux distro.

Homer

Mar 2, 2012, 5:08:50 AM3/2/12
Verily I say unto thee that 7 spake thusly:
In essence, Torvalds is complaining that openSUSE has too much security.
IOW he's joined the ranks of those dilberts determined to destroy one of
GNU/Linux's biggest advantages, for utterly vacuous and puerile reasons.

Torvalds has spewed a lot of crap over the years (he called criticism of
Microsoft a "disease", for example, then proclaimed his undying love for
Tivoization), but he's really jumped the shark this time, describing the
standard UNIX security model as a "disease" too, whilst drooling over an
overpriced toy computer from Apple.

I suggest Torvalds cures whatever disease /he/ is suffering from, before
he loses what little is left of his credibility.

--
K. | "You see? You cannot kill me. There is no flesh
http://slated.org | and blood within this cloak to kill. There is

Fritz

Mar 2, 2012, 7:37:12 AM3/2/12
Homer wrote:

>Torvalds has spewed a lot of crap over the years

Not like you, right eh?

"I could complete the entire Munich migration in 6 months?"

>I suggest Torvalds cures whatever disease /he/ is suffering from

I suggest you get meds for whatever mental disease /you/ are suffering from.

>before he loses what little is left of his credibility.

Linus has more credibility and respect in his little pinky than you will have
accumulated in your entire miserable life.

Linux Torvalds has earned the respect he gets everywhere he goes. You're a
stupid drooling usenet nobody. "Credibility" - that's something a blowhard
like you will NEVER have.

Chris Ahlstrom

Mar 2, 2012, 8:25:37 AM3/2/12

From: Fritz <rema...@reece.net.au>

Now there's a man who stands behind his words!

--
Some contractor for MS stole a competitors code. The competitor found
out. MS has obviously suspended the code thief and have assumed all

Foster

Mar 2, 2012, 10:12:07 AM3/2/12
It goes right back to the Linux religion and that you are either 100
percent with the herd, or you are the enemy.

These Linux advocates will eat their young if they have to purge the
herd of "sickly" members.

It's all very bizarre.

DFS

Mar 2, 2012, 10:12:46 AM3/2/12
You ever seen that laughable frothing idiot Homer lash out at Torvalds?

Snit

Mar 2, 2012, 11:25:43 AM3/2/12
Homer stated in post iqi629-...@sky.matrix on 3/2/12 3:08 AM:

> Verily I say unto thee that 7 spake thusly:
>>
>> Snarl! Snarl!
>> -------------
>>
>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/linus-torvalds-snarls-at-opensuse-deskt
>> op-linuxs-security/10475
>
> In essence, Torvalds is complaining that openSUSE has too much security.
> IOW he's joined the ranks of those dilberts determined to destroy one of
> GNU/Linux's biggest advantages, for utterly vacuous and puerile reasons.

Linus Torvalds is showing he understands the importance of usability.

He is much, much smarter than any of the herd.

> Torvalds has spewed a lot of crap over the years (he called criticism of
> Microsoft a "disease", for example, then proclaimed his undying love for
> Tivoization), but he's really jumped the shark this time, describing the
> standard UNIX security model as a "disease" too, whilst drooling over an
> overpriced toy computer from Apple.

In other words: he is making sense. As Shuttleworth does. And Jim Zemlin.

He is not a Stallman cultist so you hate him. And anyone who largely agrees
with Torvalds, Shuttleworth, and Zemlin is deemed a Wintroll or other form
of troll in COLA.

Completely absurd.

> I suggest Torvalds cures whatever disease /he/ is suffering from, before
> he loses what little is left of his credibility.

LOL! He has far, far more credibility than you and your herd will ever
have.

--
"I mischaracterize things you say." - cc

DFS

Mar 2, 2012, 1:28:08 PM3/2/12
On 3/2/2012 11:25 AM, Snit wrote:
> Homer stated in post iqi629-...@sky.matrix on 3/2/12 3:08 AM:
>
>> Verily I say unto thee that 7 spake thusly:
>>>
>>> Snarl! Snarl!
>>> -------------
>>>
>>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/linus-torvalds-snarls-at-opensuse-deskt
>>> op-linuxs-security/10475
>>
>> In essence, Torvalds is complaining that openSUSE has too much security.
>> IOW he's joined the ranks of those dilberts determined to destroy one of
>> GNU/Linux's biggest advantages, for utterly vacuous and puerile reasons.
>
> Linus Torvalds is showing he understands the importance of usability.
>
> He is much, much smarter than any of the herd.

More realistic, too. Torvalds is interested in technology and
real-world usability issues that impact everyday users and their
interaction with Linux. Homer just wants to free the world from tyranny.

Here's Torvald's original post:

https://plus.google.com/102150693225130002912/posts/1vyfmNCYpi5#102150693225130002912/posts/1vyfmNCYpi5

>> Torvalds has spewed a lot of crap over the years (he called criticism of
>> Microsoft a "disease", for example, then proclaimed his undying love for
>> Tivoization), but he's really jumped the shark this time, describing the
>> standard UNIX security model as a "disease" too, whilst drooling over an
>> overpriced toy computer from Apple.
>
> In other words: he is making sense. As Shuttleworth does. And Jim Zemlin.
>
> He is not a Stallman cultist so you hate him. And anyone who largely agrees
> with Torvalds, Shuttleworth, and Zemlin is deemed a Wintroll or other form
> of troll in COLA.
>
> Completely absurd.
>
>> I suggest Torvalds cures whatever disease /he/ is suffering from, before
>> he loses what little is left of his credibility.
>
> LOL! He has far, far more credibility than you and your herd will ever
> have.

EVER. E-V-E-R.

Chris Ahlstrom

Mar 2, 2012, 2:06:33 PM3/2/12
Homer wrote:

>I suggest Torvalds cures whatever disease /he/

>is suffering from, before he loses what little

>is left of his credibility.

Subject should be "Homer finally loses his mind"

As far as the "credibility" that Linus, the father of Linux has. The entire
Linux community knows exactly who he is. Who or what the fuck is a "Homer"?

Fact is that a "Homer" like you isn't qualified to wipe Linus's ass you useless
jackoff. If Linus were to spit a wad of phlegm on the street it would have
more credibility than a sad nobody like you.

"what little is left of his credibility" - priceless coming from a "Homer"
like you.

Foster

Mar 2, 2012, 2:10:05 PM3/2/12
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 13:28:08 -0500, DFS wrote:

> On 3/2/2012 11:25 AM, Snit wrote:
>> Homer stated in post iqi629-...@sky.matrix on 3/2/12 3:08 AM:
>>
>>> Verily I say unto thee that 7 spake thusly:

>>> In essence, Torvalds is complaining that openSUSE has too much security.
>>> IOW he's joined the ranks of those dilberts determined to destroy one of
>>> GNU/Linux's biggest advantages, for utterly vacuous and puerile reasons.
>>
>> Linus Torvalds is showing he understands the importance of usability.
>>
>> He is much, much smarter than any of the herd.
>

> More realistic, too. Torvalds is interested in technology and
> real-world usability issues that impact everyday users and their
> interaction with Linux. Homer just wants to free the world from tyranny.
>
> Here's Torvald's original post:
>
> https://plus.google.com/102150693225130002912/posts/1vyfmNCYpi5#102150693225130002912/posts/1vyfmNCYpi5

That's pretty much the truth.

What makes me laugh is watching the do nothing members of the Linux
herd attacking Linus because he doesn't follow their form of
religion.

GreyCloud

Mar 2, 2012, 2:38:54 PM3/2/12
Makes ya wonder what they are eating that makes them this way.

GreyCloud

Mar 2, 2012, 2:39:35 PM3/2/12
Yes, when I posted one of Linus Torvalds opinion that these os bigots
are mentally ill.

GreyCloud

Mar 2, 2012, 2:42:37 PM3/2/12
On 3/2/2012 11:28 AM, DFS wrote:
> On 3/2/2012 11:25 AM, Snit wrote:
>> Homer stated in post iqi629-...@sky.matrix on 3/2/12 3:08 AM:
>>
>>> Verily I say unto thee that 7 spake thusly:

>>> In essence, Torvalds is complaining that openSUSE has too much security.
>>> IOW he's joined the ranks of those dilberts determined to destroy one of
>>> GNU/Linux's biggest advantages, for utterly vacuous and puerile reasons.
>>
>> Linus Torvalds is showing he understands the importance of usability.
>>
>> He is much, much smarter than any of the herd.
>

> More realistic, too. Torvalds is interested in technology and real-world
> usability issues that impact everyday users and their interaction with
> Linux. Homer just wants to free the world from tyranny.
>
> Here's Torvald's original post:
>
> https://plus.google.com/102150693225130002912/posts/1vyfmNCYpi5#102150693225130002912/posts/1vyfmNCYpi5

LOL!! I'm waiting to see if any of these advocates are going to kill
themselves after drinking the Kool-aide.

Chris Ahlstrom

Mar 2, 2012, 3:53:57 PM3/2/12

--
Fact : it was nigh in IMPOSSIBLE to get hold of API documentaion from
IBM in the mid 90s while they were actively "promoting" OS/2 as the GUI

Chris Ahlstrom

Mar 2, 2012, 4:06:43 PM3/2/12

Homer

Mar 2, 2012, 4:15:45 PM3/2/12
Linus "disease" Torvalds wrote on G+:

"Don't force your taliban ways on everybody else."

Jeezuz, what a loony.

He seems to have forgotten that a) *nix is /meant/ to be a multi-user
system, and therefore arbitrarily escalating privileges for trivial
reasons of "convenience" is antithetical and counter-productive, and b)
GNU/Linux is Free Software, therefore /he/ can do anything /he/ wants
with it, without infecting the rest of us with his juvenile fetishes.

How can he understand so little about the OS he helped develop, after
all these years? Did he have a stroke, or something, because his
behaviour is off-the-chart bizarre?

I'm starting to think the McCarthy Fan Club, a.k.a. Lozza and GreyClod,
are right about water fluoridation. Maybe Torvalds has just spent too
much time on the wrong side of the pond.

If Torvalds despises security so much, then why doesn't he just switch
to Windows and STFU? I mean he's already half-way there anyway, with his
overpriced Apple toy gizmo.

The mind boggles.

It's shit like this that makes me want to switch to GNU/Hurd, and tell
Linus "disease" Torvalds to shove "his" kernel up his arse.

--
K. | "You see? You cannot kill me. There is no flesh
http://slated.org | and blood within this cloak to kill. There is
Fedora 8 (Werewolf) on šky | only an idea. And ideas are bulletproof."
kernel 2.6.31.5, up 24 days | ~ V for Vendetta.

Snit

Mar 2, 2012, 4:38:44 PM3/2/12
Foster stated in post bt1h753furzw.e...@40tude.net on 3/2/12
12:10 PM:
The herd is a form of Stallman-cult. No matter how much you agree with
Linus Torvalds, Mark Shuttleworth, Jim Zemlin and the like it does not
matter - if you say anything against Stallman, as repulsive as he is, you
are deemed an enemy. And that includes if you think the GPL is great and
give Stallman kudos over it. Does not matter to herd at all... they are
insane.

--
"I'm Jeff Relf" - cc

DFS

Mar 2, 2012, 4:50:28 PM3/2/12
On 3/2/2012 4:15 PM, Homer wrote:
> Linus "disease" Torvalds wrote on G+:
>
> "Don't force your taliban ways on everybody else."
>
> Jeezuz, what a loony.
>
> He seems to have forgotten that a) *nix is /meant/ to be a multi-user
> system, and therefore arbitrarily escalating privileges for trivial
> reasons of "convenience"

Convenience is the furthest thing from trivial. After necessity, it
drives most invention and innovation.

> is antithetical and counter-productive, and b)
> GNU/Linux is Free Software, therefore /he/ can do anything /he/ wants
> with it, without infecting the rest of us with his juvenile fetishes.
>
> How can he understand so little about the OS he helped develop, after
> all these years? Did he have a stroke, or something, because his
> behaviour is off-the-chart bizarre?
>
> I'm starting to think the McCarthy Fan Club, a.k.a. Lozza and GreyClod,
> are right about water fluoridation. Maybe Torvalds has just spent too
> much time on the wrong side of the pond.
>
> If Torvalds despises security so much, then why doesn't he just switch
> to Windows and STFU? I mean he's already half-way there anyway, with his
> overpriced Apple toy gizmo.
>
> The mind boggles.
>
> It's shit like this that makes me want to switch to GNU/Hurd, and tell
> Linus "disease" Torvalds to shove "his" kernel up his arse.

You should do it, Hypocrite. For once in your life, you should make a
real sacrifice in support of your so-called "principles".

And I think you know as well as anyone that moving exclusively to
GNU/Hurd will be a real sacrifice, even for a wacko *nix-head like you.

Show us the money, Hypocrite!

GreyCloud

Mar 2, 2012, 5:07:14 PM3/2/12
On 3/2/2012 2:15 PM, Homer wrote:
> Linus "disease" Torvalds wrote on G+:
>
> "Don't force your taliban ways on everybody else."
>
> Jeezuz, what a loony.
>
> He seems to have forgotten that a) *nix is /meant/ to be a multi-user
> system, and therefore arbitrarily escalating privileges for trivial
> reasons of "convenience" is antithetical and counter-productive, and b)
> GNU/Linux is Free Software, therefore /he/ can do anything /he/ wants
> with it, without infecting the rest of us with his juvenile fetishes.

I think that Linus knows quite a bit more about how an OS should work.
His creation of Linux afterall was to give a free version-look-alike of
UNIX.

> How can he understand so little about the OS he helped develop, after
> all these years? Did he have a stroke, or something, because his
> behaviour is off-the-chart bizarre?
>
> I'm starting to think the McCarthy Fan Club, a.k.a. Lozza and GreyClod,
> are right about water fluoridation. Maybe Torvalds has just spent too
> much time on the wrong side of the pond.

Could be that he has... afterall, he did work in silicon valley for a
few years working on another OS project for some company... and they do
flouridate the water.
How come on the toothpaste tube of Crest does it say not to swallow the
flouridated tooth paste, and that if you do, to see an MD?
Flourides are also used an the active ingredient to kill rodents.

> If Torvalds despises security so much, then why doesn't he just switch
> to Windows and STFU? I mean he's already half-way there anyway, with his
> overpriced Apple toy gizmo.
>
> The mind boggles.
>
> It's shit like this that makes me want to switch to GNU/Hurd, and tell
> Linus "disease" Torvalds to shove "his" kernel up his arse.

Well, the latest version of minix is now available. Or you can use FreeBSD.

GreyCloud

Mar 2, 2012, 5:08:02 PM3/2/12
You don't suppose that one of the rituals is to eat toe jam on TV is it?

Gregory Shearman

Mar 2, 2012, 5:09:56 PM3/2/12
On 2012-03-02, Homer <use...@slated.org> wrote:

> It's shit like this that makes me want to switch to GNU/Hurd, and tell
> Linus "disease" Torvalds to shove "his" kernel up his arse.

But is it still *his* kernel?

I don't think so.

--
Regards,
Gregory.

Foster

Mar 2, 2012, 5:13:30 PM3/2/12
On 2 Mar 2012 22:09:56 GMT, Gregory Shearman wrote:

> On 2012-03-02, Homer <use...@slated.org> wrote:
>>
>> It's shit like this that makes me want to switch to GNU/Hurd, and tell
>> Linus "disease" Torvalds to shove "his" kernel up his arse.
>>

> But is it still *his* kernel?
>
> I don't think so.

And I'll bet that Linus curses the day he gave all his hard work
away.
He'll never admit it though because he has too much class for that.

And class is something so missing from the Linux community in
general.

Snit

Mar 2, 2012, 5:53:42 PM3/2/12
GreyCloud stated in post Qemdnaq3E5dV2czS...@bresnan.com on
3/2/12 3:08 PM:
LOL! Might be. Could be why Roy's show is sound only. :)

--
" There's a mountain of evidence that I've committed forgeries." - cc

Bob Hauck

Mar 2, 2012, 5:41:51 PM3/2/12
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 15:07:14 -0700, GreyCloud <cum...@mist.com> wrote

> How come on the toothpaste tube of Crest does it say not to swallow the
> flouridated tooth paste, and that if you do, to see an MD?

Because it is made of *detergent*. The tiny amount of flouride has nothing to
do witb it.

> Flourides are also used an the active ingredient to kill rodents.

Yes and the electric chair uses electricity. Dosage matters.

Christ on a bike, I thought this flouridation nonsense was past its use-by
date in 1975 or so.

--
Bob Hauck

GreyCloud

Mar 3, 2012, 1:50:16 AM3/3/12
Unfortunately, the flouridation issue is not over with. Many
communities are now trying to get the poison out of their water supply.
Flouridation of the water does not prevent tooth decay as the dental
association wants people to believe. What happened to me and found out
the hard way is that over time the teeth get very brittle and start to
crumble in big chunks. Then you need a crown. And that is what keeps
the dentists in business. So I stopped using all flouride products
about 15 years ago and haven't had that problem occur again.
I believe that this stuff just isn't safe and mostly a way for the
aluminum industry to dump their byproduct for a profit.
People get confused between Sodium Flouride, which is the aluminum
refinery byproduct with Calcium Flouride, which is found naturally in
some water districts and is good for the teeth... better known as Calcite.

GreyCloud

Mar 3, 2012, 1:50:59 AM3/3/12
On 3/2/2012 3:09 PM, Gregory Shearman wrote:
> On 2012-03-02, Homer<use...@slated.org> wrote:
>>
>> It's shit like this that makes me want to switch to GNU/Hurd, and tell
>> Linus "disease" Torvalds to shove "his" kernel up his arse.
>>

> But is it still *his* kernel?
>
> I don't think so.

If it isn't his, then whom does it belong to?

GreyCloud

Mar 3, 2012, 1:52:25 AM3/3/12
On 3/2/2012 3:13 PM, Foster wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2012 22:09:56 GMT, Gregory Shearman wrote:
>
>> On 2012-03-02, Homer<use...@slated.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's shit like this that makes me want to switch to GNU/Hurd, and tell
>>> Linus "disease" Torvalds to shove "his" kernel up his arse.
>>>

>> But is it still *his* kernel?
>>
>> I don't think so.
>
> And I'll bet that Linus curses the day he gave all his hard work
> away.

After reading more of his blogs, I do believe he does rue the day he
gave it away.

> He'll never admit it though because he has too much class for that.
>
> And class is something so missing from the Linux community in
> general.

Class?? Since when did the unwashed nerds ever have class?

Voodoo Magoo

Mar 3, 2012, 2:09:31 AM3/3/12
On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 21:15:45 +0000, Homer wrote:

> It's shit like this that makes me want to switch to GNU/Hurd, and tell
> Linus "disease" Torvalds to shove "his" kernel up his arse.

is hurd anywhere? maybe minix3 instead?

Ezekiel

Mar 3, 2012, 8:05:47 AM3/3/12
Fritz" <rema...@reece.net.au> wrote in message
> Homer wrote:
>

>>Torvalds has spewed a lot of crap over the years
>
> Not like you, right eh?
>
> "I could complete the entire Munich migration in 6 months?"

That's just one of his assinine comments.

>>before he loses what little is left of his credibility.
>
> Linus has more credibility and respect in his little pinky than you will
> have
> accumulated in your entire miserable life.
>
> Linux Torvalds has earned the respect he gets everywhere he goes. You're a
> stupid drooling usenet nobody. "Credibility" - that's something a blowhard
> like you will NEVER have.

That's absolutely hillarious. A do-nothing nobody like Homer claiming that
Linus Torvalds needs to preserve the "little credibility" that he has left.

Here's a simple reality check - take the top 1000 contributors to Linux/FOSS
and ask them who Linus Torvalds is and ask these same people who "Homer" is.
Homer is a unaccomplished nobody who isn't qualified to wash the urinal that
Linus pisses in.

Ezekiel

Mar 3, 2012, 8:25:59 AM3/3/12
"DFS" <nos...@dfs.com> wrote in message news:jirfbh$7sq$4...@dont-email.me...
> On 3/2/2012 4:15 PM, Homer wrote:
>> Linus "disease" Torvalds wrote on G+:
>>
>> "Don't force your taliban ways on everybody else."
>>
>> Jeezuz, what a loony.
>>
>> He seems to have forgotten that a) *nix is /meant/ to be a multi-user
>> system, and therefore arbitrarily escalating privileges for trivial
>> reasons of "convenience"
>
> Convenience is the furthest thing from trivial. After necessity, it
> drives most invention and innovation.

What a complete loon. It's one thing to say "I disagree with Linus because
x, y and z." But for a do nothing blowhard like Homer to actually claim
that Linus Torvalds is about to "lose the little credibility he has left" is
downright delusional.

And what exactly did Linus complain about? That it's stupid to need *root*
permissions to connect to a printer or wireless network. Riiiiiight, because
if someone wants to print a sheet of paper they should first get *root*
permissions. Let's take it even further, how about needing *root*
permissions to move the mouse cursor. That would make a socialist like Homer
happy.

>> It's shit like this that makes me want to switch to GNU/Hurd, and tell
>> Linus "disease" Torvalds to shove "his" kernel up his arse.
>

> You should do it, Hypocrite. For once in your life, you should make a
> real sacrifice in support of your so-called "principles".

He has no principles. He's a gas bag who stands on his little COLA soapbox
and parades his faux morals.

chrisv

Mar 3, 2012, 9:34:24 AM3/3/12
Ezekiel wrote:

>He has no principles.

Are you capable of posting without lying, fsckwit?