[News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Resolves' Flaws Using Lawyers, Intimidation

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 15, 2009, 9:50:27 PM11/15/09

Bing hit by costly security loophole

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/nov/11/bing-loophole

Bing cashback exploit discovered, Microsoft sends in lawyers

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/11/10/bing-cashback-exploit-discovered-microsoft-sends-in-lawyers

Microsoft Stifles Information on Bing Cashback Error

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has brought out its legal hammer
| against a businessman who publicized a
| problem with an incentive program run
| alongside the company's Bing search engine.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/181806/microsoft_stifles_information_on_bing_cashback_error.html

Recent:

Surrendering to Microsoft and Bing Cashback

,----[ Quote ]
| The purpose of my post was to show an
| implementation problem, not to encourage
| defrauding Microsoft. I am surprised they
| would go through this much trouble to make
| me take down information that is obvious
| to anyone reading their documentation. I
| don’t like dealing with lawyers, so I’ve
| decided to comply with their request. The
| post is gone. I will still write a “non-
| technical” post on all the problems I see
| with Bing Cashback in the next few days.
`----

http://bountii.com/blog/2009/11/07/surrendering-to-microsoft-and-bing-cashback/

Microsoft Tries To Censor Bing Vulnerability

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/09/11/09/2319233/Microsoft-Tries-To-Censor-Bing-Vulnerability?from=rss