Euro ban for Samsung Galaxy phone

Hardon

Aug 24, 2011, 11:04:27โ€ฏAM8/24/11
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14652482>

<quote>
Samsung has been banned from selling three models of its Galaxy
smartphones in a number of European countries.

The preliminary injunction was handed down by a court in the
Netherlands after Apple filed a claim for patent infringement.

It claimed that Samsung had copied technology owned by Apple relating
to the way photos are displayed on mobile devices.

The embargo is due to come into effect in seven weeks.

A district court in the Hague upheld Apple's claim concerning one
specific patent - EP 2059868 - which outlines an interface for viewing
and navigating photographs on a touchscreen phone.
</quote>

Marti Van Lin

Aug 24, 2011, 11:38:35โ€ฏAM8/24/11

Fortunately

[quote]

The ruling does _not_ prohibit sales of the Samsung Galaxy Tab, which
had been mentioned in the original lawsuit.

[/quote]

I have a very cheap Chinese Tom-Tech WM8650 7" Tablet, running Android
2.2 "Froyo" now, with a custom "Honeycomb" ROM.

For Christmas I defiantly want to buy myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin, alias ML2MST
|_|_|0| Registered GNU/Linux user 513040
|0|0|0| http://www.soundclick.com/martivanlin

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 24, 2011, 1:08:19โ€ฏPM8/24/11

____/ Marti Van Lin on Wednesday 24 Aug 2011 16:38 : \____

> On 24-08-11 17:04, Hardon wrote:
>
>> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14652482>
>>
>> <quote>
>> Samsung has been banned from selling three models of its Galaxy
>> smartphones in a number of European countries.
>>
>> The preliminary injunction was handed down by a court in the
>> Netherlands after Apple filed a claim for patent infringement.
>>
>> It claimed that Samsung had copied technology owned by Apple relating
>> to the way photos are displayed on mobile devices.
>>
>> The embargo is due to come into effect in seven weeks.
>>
>> A district court in the Hague upheld Apple's claim concerning one
>> specific patent - EP 2059868 - which outlines an interface for viewing
>> and navigating photographs on a touchscreen phone.
>> </quote>
>
> Fortunately
>
> [quote]
>
> The ruling does _not_ prohibit sales of the Samsung Galaxy Tab, which
> had been mentioned in the original lawsuit.
>
> [/quote]
>
> I have a very cheap Chinese Tom-Tech WM8650 7" Tablet, running Android
> 2.2 "Froyo" now, with a custom "Honeycomb" ROM.
>
> For Christmas I defiantly want to buy myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

BBC is being a liar here.

http://www.muktware.com/blogs/2343

- --
~~ Best of wishes

http://Schestowitz.com | GNU/Linux administration | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Contact Internet phone (SIP): sches...@ekiga.net (24/7)

Clogwog

Aug 24, 2011, 1:12:48โ€ฏPM8/24/11
"Marti Van Lin" <ml2...@dontevenbother.invalid> schreef in bericht

> On 24-08-11 17:04, Hardon wrote:
>
>> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14652482>
>>
>> <quote>
>> Samsung has been banned from selling three models of its Galaxy
>> smartphones in a number of European countries.
>>
>> The preliminary injunction was handed down by a court in the
>> Netherlands after Apple filed a claim for patent infringement.
>>
>> It claimed that Samsung had copied technology owned by Apple relating
>> to the way photos are displayed on mobile devices.
>>
>> The embargo is due to come into effect in seven weeks.
>>
>> A district court in the Hague upheld Apple's claim concerning one
>> specific patent - EP 2059868 - which outlines an interface for viewing
>> and navigating photographs on a touchscreen phone.
>> </quote>
>
> Fortunately
>
> [quote]
>
> The ruling does _not_ prohibit sales of the Samsung Galaxy Tab, which had
> been mentioned in the original lawsuit.
>
> [/quote]
>
> I have a very cheap Chinese Tom-Tech WM8650 7" Tablet, running Android 2.2
> "Froyo" now, with a custom "Honeycomb" ROM.
>
> For Christmas I defiantly want to buy myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

............running Bada at that time!, you stupid fuck!
"Samsung Electronics Chairman Lee Kun-hee urged his company`s executives to
strengthen Samsung`s smartphone operating system Bada in responding to
Google`s takeover of Motorola Mobility."
http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?biid=2011081766818

Homer

Aug 24, 2011, 1:25:23โ€ฏPM8/24/11
Verily I say unto thee that Hardon spake thusly:

><http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14652482>
>
><quote>
> Samsung has been banned from selling three models of its Galaxy
> smartphones in a number of European countries.
>
> The preliminary injunction was handed down by a court in the
> Netherlands after Apple filed a claim for patent infringement.

[quote]
However, the judge rejected several other patent issues, as well as
Apple's claim that Samsung had stolen many of its design ideas.
[/quote]

Let's see how well Apple's bogus "claims" stand up in court.

They should probably leave their copy of Photoshop at home, though.

--
K. | A lively young damsel named Menzies
http://slated.org | Inquired: "Do you know what this thenzies?"

RonB

Aug 24, 2011, 1:42:43โ€ฏPM8/24/11
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 18:25:23 +0100, Homer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee that Hardon spake thusly:
>><http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14652482>
>>
>><quote>
>> Samsung has been banned from selling three models of its Galaxy
>> smartphones in a number of European countries.
>>
>> The preliminary injunction was handed down by a court in the
>> Netherlands after Apple filed a claim for patent infringement.
>
> [quote]
> However, the judge rejected several other patent issues, as well as
> Apple's claim that Samsung had stolen many of its design ideas. [/quote]
>
> Let's see how well Apple's bogus "claims" stand up in court.
>
> They should probably leave their copy of Photoshop at home, though.

Basically the judge rejected *all* of Apple's claims except for one
relating to how pictures are scrolled in the Photo Gallery App Android
2.2, not 3.0. And even that one decision, which can be easily circumvented
with a trivial change, has already been appealed by Samsung.

The best part of today's decision is that *all* of the "community design"
crap has been thrown out. The judge rejected it on, basically, two points,
too superficial and tons of of prior art. Sanity prevails. Doesn't look
good for Apple in Germany.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581

Snit

Aug 24, 2011, 2:06:50โ€ฏPM8/24/11
RonB stated in post j33d6j$utf$3...@dont-email.me on 8/24/11 10:42 AM:

<http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/smart_phones/231600072>
-----
Apple has won a strategic battle against rival Samsung--and
Android--in a Dutch court, which has told the Korean company
to stop importing select smartphones.
Samsung isn't the only company affected by this decision,
though. Android itself is now in jeopardy.
"Regardless of how Samsung may be able to work around this
decision in Europe," said FOSS Patents, "it's a severe blow
for Android. In all likelihood, the winning patent is
infringed by Android itself--probably not the operating
system per se, but by one or more of the applications that
ship with Android and without which the usefulness of Android
would be impaired in one particular area (photo viewing).
Apple now has the first enforceable court decision in its
hand (out of many lawsuits going on around the world) that
finds Android to infringe an Apple patent."
-----

Poor Apple... they might have wanted a bigger win.

LOL!

--
๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

7

Aug 24, 2011, 2:19:56โ€ฏPM8/24/11
Hardon wrote:

The ONE app in question is gonna get replaced and sales resume.

Android is gonna kill appil crocporation.

7

Aug 24, 2011, 2:23:02โ€ฏPM8/24/11
Homer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee that Hardon spake thusly:
>><http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14652482>
>>
>><quote>
>> Samsung has been banned from selling three models of its Galaxy
>> smartphones in a number of European countries.
>>
>> The preliminary injunction was handed down by a court in the
>> Netherlands after Apple filed a claim for patent infringement.
>
> [quote]
> However, the judge rejected several other patent issues, as well as
> Apple's claim that Samsung had stolen many of its design ideas.
> [/quote]
>
> Let's see how well Apple's bogus "claims" stand up in court.
>
> They should probably leave their copy of Photoshop at home, though.

It was iBad of them to use a proprietary photo package.

If they had used Gimp I would have complained less.

Just so that all the trolls know, in case the retards start wondering.

Double standards I know.

Marti Van Lin

Aug 24, 2011, 3:29:51โ€ฏPM8/24/11

Thanks, that's a lot more accurate ;-)

Poor Apple, they've been digging their own grave in favour of Samsung
and Android in general.

> - --
> ~~ Best of wishes
>
> Dr. Roy S. Schestowitz (Ph.D. Medical Biophysics), Imaging Researcher
> http://Schestowitz.com | GNU/Linux administration | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

> Editor @ http://techrights.org& Broadcaster @ http://bytesmedia.co.uk/

> GPL-licensed 3-D Othello @ http://othellomaster.com
> Non-profit search engine proposal @ http://iuron.com
> Contact E-mail address (direct): s at schestowitz dot com
> Contact Internet phone (SIP): sches...@ekiga.net (24/7)

7

Aug 24, 2011, 3:38:14โ€ฏPM8/24/11
Marti Van Lin wrote:

And not just that, they have now unlocked the door to Android flood
gates. Everyone one who never thought about making Android can start
making androids because appil crocporation has custard pie thrown
at them in EU courts.

If I were a far east manufacturer, I'd see appil failing
catastrophically as a green light to go make a huge variety of Androids
and start selling them with improved features and differentiators.
You can pile as much technology as you want because you know sales
are going to be good for the next few years.

Clogwog

Aug 24, 2011, 4:13:02โ€ฏPM8/24/11
"Marti Van Lin" <ml2...@dontevenbother.invalid> schreef in bericht

How cute!!, in love again sMarti?
sMarti rolled in with it's ass in the air and it's pants on the ground, as
usual.

> Poor Apple, they've been digging their own grave in favour of Samsung and
> Android in general.

Apple *Wins* Samsung Phone Ban In Dutch Court

Homer

Aug 24, 2011, 4:14:34โ€ฏPM8/24/11
Verily I say unto thee that RonB spake thusly:

> The best part of today's decision is that *all* of the "community
> design" crap has been thrown out. The judge rejected it on, basically,
> two points, too superficial and tons of of prior art. Sanity prevails.
> Doesn't look good for Apple in Germany.

Let's hope the German court actually pays attention to this decision.
No doubt Samsung's lawyers will make sure it does.

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 24, 2011, 6:14:06โ€ฏPM8/24/11

RonB

Aug 24, 2011, 6:21:58โ€ฏPM8/24/11
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:29:51 +0200, Marti Van Lin wrote:

>> BBC is being a liar here.
>>
>> http://www.muktware.com/blogs/2343
>
> Thanks, that's a lot more accurate ;-)
>
> Poor Apple, they've been digging their own grave in favour of Samsung
> and Android in general.

Not only is Apple NOT getting what they want (and wait till they try this
crap after Google gets Motorola's patents), they are building ill will all
over the world with their patent trolling and patent extortion.

RonB

Aug 24, 2011, 6:39:09โ€ฏPM8/24/11
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:14:06 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Suddenly Apple reports shortages. I guess making Samsung angry was not
> too smart.

Oops.

Snit

Aug 24, 2011, 6:45:06โ€ฏPM8/24/11
Roy Schestowitz stated in post 1847392.D...@schestowitz.com on 8/24/11
3:14 PM:

>> And not just that, they have now unlocked the door to Android flood
>> gates. Everyone one who never thought about making Android can start
>> making androids because appil crocporation has custard pie thrown
>> at them in EU courts.
>>
>> If I were a far east manufacturer, I'd see appil failing
>> catastrophically as a green light to go make a huge variety of Androids
>> and start selling them with improved features and differentiators.
>> You can pile as much technology as you want because you know sales
>> are going to be good for the next few years.
>
> Suddenly Apple reports shortages. I guess making Samsung
> angry was not too smart. :-)

Is it legal to withhold parts? Perhaps - it is not like they are obligated
to sell to someone they do not want to... but it might be anti-competitive.

--
๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

RonB

Aug 24, 2011, 6:46:13โ€ฏPM8/24/11
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 22:39:09 +0000, RonB wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:14:06 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Suddenly Apple reports shortages. I guess making Samsung angry was not
>> too smart.
>
> Oops.

But, actually, I think it has more to do with the shoddy merchandise the
"Samsung replacement" company was providing. So now Apple has to go back
to Samsung and beg them (hat in hand) for more LCD screens.

I have a new name for Apple's App Store...

Shortsighted R Us.
"Blinded by greed."

Homer

Aug 24, 2011, 6:56:14โ€ฏPM8/24/11
Verily I say unto thee that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:

> Suddenly Apple reports shortages. I guess making Samsung angry was not
> too smart. :-)

"Let's attack our supplier, then have no components with which to make
our products."

Gotta hand it to them Apple "geniuses", they sure know how to protect
their interests.

What is it about greed that turns people into blithering idiots?

Homer

Aug 24, 2011, 7:15:10โ€ฏPM8/24/11
Verily I say unto thee that RonB spake thusly:

> "Blinded by greed."

There's an app for that.

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 24, 2011, 8:20:44โ€ฏPM8/24/11

Snit

Aug 24, 2011, 9:47:38โ€ฏPM8/24/11
Roy Schestowitz stated in post 2969287.m...@schestowitz.com on 8/24/11
5:20 PM:

> ____/ Homer on Wednesday 24 Aug 2011 23:56 : \____
>
>> Verily I say unto thee that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>>
>>> Suddenly Apple reports shortages. I guess making Samsung angry was not
>>> too smart. :-)
>>
>> "Let's attack our supplier, then have no components with which to make
>> our products."
>>
>> Gotta hand it to them Apple "geniuses", they sure know how to protect
>> their interests.
>>
>> What is it about greed that turns people into blithering idiots?
>
> Apple is a duopolist looking to eliminate competition, it's not a
> complete idiot.

Eliminate competition... by selling only to the high end.

Um... what?

--
๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

RonB

Aug 24, 2011, 9:55:16โ€ฏPM8/24/11
On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 01:20:44 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Apple is a duopolist looking to eliminate competition, it's not a
> complete idiot.

Time will tell.

And, (sort of) related news just in... Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple.

Snit

Aug 24, 2011, 10:02:16โ€ฏPM8/24/11
Homer stated in post e5cgi8-...@sky.matrix on 8/24/11 3:56 PM:

> Verily I say unto thee that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>
>> Suddenly Apple reports shortages. I guess making Samsung angry was not
>> too smart. :-)
>
> "Let's attack our supplier, then have no components with which to make
> our products."
>
> Gotta hand it to them Apple "geniuses", they sure know how to protect
> their interests.
>
> What is it about greed that turns people into blithering idiots?

Who said Apple was doing anything based on greed?

--
๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

Marti Van Lin

Aug 25, 2011, 1:30:32โ€ฏAM8/25/11

They didn't make Samsung angry but the majority of "consumers". Due to
this anticompetitive case they've lost quite some "mind-share".
Especially amongst the iFans that use Apple "because it's _not_ Microsoft"

On the Dutch website Webwereld, - which is the source of most of the
information about this case -, everybody is almost unanimous against
Apple and are writing stuff like "No more Apple products for me". In
fact there is a unanimous Apple-boycott amongst the readership.

And funny to see how Albert van Zonneveld (hAl, currently posting as
"Blieb") is all of a sudden pro-Apple :-)

> - --
> ~~ Best of wishes
>
> Dr. Roy S. Schestowitz (Ph.D. Medical Biophysics), Imaging Researcher
> http://Schestowitz.com | GNU/Linux administration | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

> Editor @ http://techrights.org& Broadcaster @ http://bytesmedia.co.uk/

> GPL-licensed 3-D Othello @ http://othellomaster.com
> Non-profit search engine proposal @ http://iuron.com
> Contact E-mail address (direct): s at schestowitz dot com
> Contact Internet phone (SIP): sches...@ekiga.net (24/7)

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 25, 2011, 3:48:42โ€ฏAM8/25/11

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 25, 2011, 3:50:32โ€ฏAM8/25/11

chrisv

Aug 25, 2011, 8:29:04โ€ฏAM8/25/11
Marti Van Lin wrote:

>On the Dutch website Webwereld, - which is the source of most of the
>information about this case -, everybody is almost unanimous against
>Apple and are writing stuff like "No more Apple products for me". In
>fact there is a unanimous Apple-boycott amongst the readership.

Unfortunately, only a small fraction of the market cares and is
informed. Even Microshaft enjoys a relatively good reputation.

Santori Kingsley

Aug 25, 2011, 9:17:09โ€ฏAM8/25/11

useless turd "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

shut the fsck up you useless fscking turd.

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a piece of shit.

Kari Laine

Aug 25, 2011, 9:28:51โ€ฏAM8/25/11

Kari Laine

Aug 25, 2011, 9:36:07โ€ฏAM8/25/11

On 08/24/2011 06:38 PM, Marti Van Lin wrote:

> On 24-08-11 17:04, Hardon wrote:
>
>> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14652482>
>>
>> <quote>
>> Samsung has been banned from selling three models of its Galaxy
>> smartphones in a number of European countries.
>>
>> The preliminary injunction was handed down by a court in the
>> Netherlands after Apple filed a claim for patent infringement.
>>
>> It claimed that Samsung had copied technology owned by Apple relating
>> to the way photos are displayed on mobile devices.
>>
>> The embargo is due to come into effect in seven weeks.
>>
>> A district court in the Hague upheld Apple's claim concerning one
>> specific patent - EP 2059868 - which outlines an interface for viewing
>> and navigating photographs on a touchscreen phone.
>> </quote>
>

> Fortunately
>
> [quote]
>
> The ruling does _not_ prohibit sales of the Samsung Galaxy Tab, which
> had been mentioned in the original lawsuit.
>
> [/quote]
>
> I have a very cheap Chinese Tom-Tech WM8650 7" Tablet, running Android
> 2.2 "Froyo" now, with a custom "Honeycomb" ROM.
>
> For Christmas I defiantly want to buy myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

I don't want to wait Christmas - I buy it when available in Finland.

--
Kari Laine

PICs, Displays,Relays - USB-SPI-I2C http://www.byvac.com
USB and FPGA boards http://www.ztex.de
I am just a happy customer

Hadron

Aug 25, 2011, 9:40:40โ€ฏAM8/25/11
Kari Laine <karit...@yahoo.com> writes:

"Kari", your Finglish has morphed again!

lol

Kari Laine

Aug 25, 2011, 9:51:59โ€ฏAM8/25/11

On 08/24/2011 08:12 PM, Clogwog wrote:
> "Marti Van Lin" <ml2...@dontevenbother.invalid> schreef in bericht

>> On 24-08-11 17:04, Hardon wrote:
>>
>>> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14652482>
>>>
>>> <quote>
>>> Samsung has been banned from selling three models of its Galaxy
>>> smartphones in a number of European countries.
>>>
>>> The preliminary injunction was handed down by a court in the
>>> Netherlands after Apple filed a claim for patent infringement.
>>>
>>> It claimed that Samsung had copied technology owned by Apple relating
>>> to the way photos are displayed on mobile devices.
>>>
>>> The embargo is due to come into effect in seven weeks.
>>>
>>> A district court in the Hague upheld Apple's claim concerning one
>>> specific patent - EP 2059868 - which outlines an interface for viewing
>>> and navigating photographs on a touchscreen phone.
>>> </quote>
>>
>> Fortunately
>>
>> [quote]
>>
>> The ruling does _not_ prohibit sales of the Samsung Galaxy Tab, which
>> had been mentioned in the original lawsuit.
>>
>> [/quote]
>>
>> I have a very cheap Chinese Tom-Tech WM8650 7" Tablet, running Android
>> 2.2 "Froyo" now, with a custom "Honeycomb" ROM.
>>
>> For Christmas I defiantly want to buy myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
>>

> .............running Bada at that time!, you stupid fuck!
> "Samsung Electronics Chairman Lee Kun-hee urged his company`s executives
> to strengthen Samsung`s smartphone operating system Bada in responding
> to Google`s takeover of Motorola Mobility."
> http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?biid=2011081766818

Well if Bada is as good as Android what is the problem? It won't be as
good because the head start of Android with available applications.
Naturally if Samsung makes a compatibility layer then...

I am interested whether Bada is Linux based.

Google Motorola deal is not even through yet. I am hoping Google just
keeps the patents and sells rest of the operations to existing Android
manufacturers. Samsung certainly would be in position to buy it. I don't
know what use that would have them because they already have a strong
brand, but Motorola might have good contracts with operators in USA and
elsewhere. So that might prove to be valuable.

And I am 100% sure Samsung will manufacture Android Tablets. And when
such comes to Finland they have at least one customer :-)

--
Kari Laine

PICs, Displays,Relays - USB-SPI-I2C http://www.byvac.com
USB and FPGA boards http://www.ztex.de
I am just a happy customer

Kari Laine

Aug 25, 2011, 10:26:06โ€ฏAM8/25/11

Kari Laine

Aug 25, 2011, 10:30:42โ€ฏAM8/25/11

chrisv

Aug 25, 2011, 10:32:04โ€ฏAM8/25/11
Kari Laine wrote:

>> Is it legal to withhold parts? Perhaps - it is not like they are obligated
>> to sell to someone they do not want to... but it might be anti-competitive.
>
>It is not illegal - it is called business - you know...

It all depends on their contractual obligations.

I recall reading, years ago, of Apple and Samsung entering in to an
agreement that guaranteed Apple a supply of Flash memory for their
iPod products.

I'm sure that this type of arrangement is common. The stakes are too
high to leave such things to chance.

Santori Kingsley

Aug 25, 2011, 10:43:53โ€ฏAM8/25/11

stupid asshole "chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

fsck off and die you stupid troll.

Homer

Aug 25, 2011, 11:37:31โ€ฏAM8/25/11
Verily I say unto thee that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
> ____/ RonB on Thursday 25 Aug 2011 02:55 : \____

>> And, (sort of) related news just in... Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple.

> Which is excellent. Watch the drones say that it's actually "Good
> News". On Classic FM this morning they only quoted one who said
> this... there is this tendency people have to say only good things
> about a person who is dead or dying, even if that person is a total
> jerk (like Jerry Falwell).

I'm not one of those people.

Someone who makes sinister threats to "go after" altruistic projects,
and hires the police (like they were his private security) to kick down
doors in a journalist's home, because of an employee's /lost/ gadget, is
an evil bastard who deserves zero respect or sympathy. And that's just
the tip of the iceberg. Jobs has behaved like gangster from day one,
towards his customers, rivals, reporters and even his own employees.

May he burn in hell.

--
K. | A lively young damsel named Menzies
http://slated.org | Inquired: "Do you know what this thenzies?"
Fedora 8 (Werewolf) on ลกky | Her aunt, with a gasp, replied: "It's a wasp,

kernel 2.6.31.5, up 94 days | And you're holding the end where the stenzies."

Snit

Aug 25, 2011, 11:55:01โ€ฏAM8/25/11
Homer stated in post rq6ii8-...@sky.matrix on 8/25/11 8:37 AM:

> Verily I say unto thee that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>> ____/ RonB on Thursday 25 Aug 2011 02:55 : \____
>
>>> And, (sort of) related news just in... Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple.
>>
>> Which is excellent. Watch the drones say that it's actually "Good
>> News". On Classic FM this morning they only quoted one who said
>> this... there is this tendency people have to say only good things
>> about a person who is dead or dying, even if that person is a total
>> jerk (like Jerry Falwell).
>
> I'm not one of those people.
>
> Someone who makes sinister threats to "go after" altruistic projects,
> and hires the police (like they were his private security) to kick down
> doors in a journalist's home, because of an employee's /lost/ gadget, is
> an evil bastard who deserves zero respect or sympathy. And that's just
> the tip of the iceberg. Jobs has behaved like gangster from day one,
> towards his customers, rivals, reporters and even his own employees.
>
> May he burn in hell.

My goodness are you an evil SOB. It is not like Jobs ever said the type of
repulsive stuff that Stallman posts on his on blog. Now *that* is just
repulsive.

Oh, but you defend the guy who calls showing porn to kids "educational".

Jobs has had a positive influence on many industries... more than you and
the rest of your herd will have in the total of your lives.

You lash out because you are jealous.

--
๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 25, 2011, 12:52:14โ€ฏPM8/25/11

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 25, 2011, 12:53:25โ€ฏPM8/25/11

Kari Laine

Aug 25, 2011, 2:13:14โ€ฏPM8/25/11

Hadron

Aug 25, 2011, 2:44:32โ€ฏPM8/25/11
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

> ____/ RonB on Thursday 25 Aug 2011 02:55 : \____
>
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 01:20:44 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Apple is a duopolist looking to eliminate competition, it's not a
>>> complete idiot.
>>
>> Time will tell.
>>
>> And, (sort of) related news just in... Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple.
>
> Which is excellent. Watch the drones say that it's actually "Good
> News".

Like who, you vindictive, nasty little twat.

> On Classic FM this morning they only quoted one who said this... there is
> this tendency people have to say only good things about a person who is dead
> or dying, even if that person is a total jerk (like Jerry Falwell).

There is an even bigger tendency for malicious, do nothing dickheads
like you to put someone down who fundamentally changed the IT world and
made Apple into the worlds biggest company.

You're a wanker Schestowitz and what goes around comes around. You
revelling in this mans illness sickens me to my craw.

kingman

Aug 25, 2011, 3:16:22โ€ฏPM8/25/11

He's a real piece of excrement that Roy Schestowitz is.
He and his merry band of oddballs are gloating over a dying man and
trying to spin it toward something positive for Linux. It sure is
strange how they ignore the sickening comments that RMS makes about
underage sex. What a deviant group of cretins the Linux advocates in
Comp.OS.Linux.Advocacy are. Truly the scummiest slime on the planet.

Snit

Aug 25, 2011, 3:40:09โ€ฏPM8/25/11
kingman stated in post j3675d$d8m$1...@dont-email.me on 8/25/11 12:16 PM:

It is, literally, repulsive.

And then they wonder why they are deemed a herd or cult-like. They are.

Though, to be fair, I did see one of the "herd" call Roy out on at least
some of his comments about Jobs. He went too far even for them (it was his
lie where he tried to tie Jobs' "fleeing" to some imagined Linux win.

--
๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š