Internet Explorer faster than Chrome and Firefox says Microsoft ..

Doug Mentohl

Mar 12, 2009, 12:13:23 PM3/12/09
Microsoft has released its own tests that show IE8 can load many
websites faster than two open source browsers: Firefox and Chrome ...

http://tinyurl.com/b7gfmb
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/03/microsofts-own-speed-tests-show-ie-beating-chrome-firefox.ars

amicus_curious

Mar 12, 2009, 2:04:24 PM3/12/09

"Doug Mentohl" <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> wrote in message

Just about all of the results are only fractions of a second different for
the various browsers. What's to choose really?

Ezekiel

Mar 12, 2009, 2:09:45 PM3/12/09

"amicus_curious" <AC...@sti.net> wrote in message

My computer is quite fast and the latency of the web-site and my internet
service provider has more of an impact on loading web pages than some
miniscule difference in rendering engines.

Gordon

Mar 12, 2009, 4:30:30 PM3/12/09
Doug Mentohl wrote:
> Microsoft has released its own tests that show IE8 can load many
> websites faster than two open source browsers: Firefox and Chrome ...

Well they would, wouldn't they?

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

Chris Ahlstrom

Mar 12, 2009, 5:47:54 PM3/12/09
After takin' a swig o' grog, Doug Mentohl belched out
this bit o' wisdom:

Cool. Now Windows users can get pwned even faster!

What makes this report extremely dubious is the chart that is buried at
the bottom. It shows IE8 outperforming Firefox 3.05 and Chrome 1.0,
something that no other test on the Internet has ever shown before.

LOL. Marketers.

--
The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our certitude.

Tony Manco

Mar 12, 2009, 6:52:08 PM3/12/09

Pure BS, I tried this yesterday, and this is pure BS... I used a variety
of browsers going from FF 3.0 and 3.5, Chrome, Opera 10 (? not sure)
Safari 4 and IE 8, and IE 8 is still the slowest of the bunch running
the Sunspider JavaScript benchmark.

And why are they comparing a Beta software (IE8) with final software (FF
and Chrome)?

Another interesting fact that I encountered when doing these tests was,
while IE 8 was loading some page (don't remember which one) I actually
had time to copy the link, fire up Shiretoko, choose my profile, paste
the link IE 8 was trying to load into the free browser and guess what?
Shiretoko opened the full page before IE did... << And no I'm not lying,
and I also mean fully loading a page (Status bar *Done*).

IE 8 passed the Acid 2 test, but fails miserably on the Acid 3 test,
worse than IE 7.
--
Linux - You must break it | Windows - It breaks itself

Hadron

Mar 12, 2009, 7:47:31 PM3/12/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Doug Mentohl belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Microsoft has released its own tests that show IE8 can load many
>> websites faster than two open source browsers: Firefox and Chrome ...
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/b7gfmb
>> http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/03/microsofts-own-speed-tests-show-ie-beating-chrome-firefox.ars
>
> Cool. Now Windows users can get pwned even faster!

You are a Windows user you little fraud.

> What makes this report extremely dubious is the chart that is buried at
> the bottom. It shows IE8 outperforming Firefox 3.05 and Chrome 1.0,
> something that no other test on the Internet has ever shown before.
>
> LOL. Marketers.

Your fake LOLs are sickening.

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to

Doctor Smith

Mar 12, 2009, 11:38:13 PM3/12/09
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:52:08 +0000, Tony Manco wrote:

> Doug Mentohl wrote:
>> Microsoft has released its own tests that show IE8 can load many
>> websites faster than two open source browsers: Firefox and Chrome ...
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/b7gfmb
>> http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/03/microsofts-own-speed-tests-show-ie-beating-chrome-firefox.ars
>>

> Pure BS, I tried this yesterday, and this is pure BS... I used a variety
> of browsers going from FF 3.0 and 3.5, Chrome, Opera 10 (? not sure)
> Safari 4 and IE 8, and IE 8 is still the slowest of the bunch running
> the Sunspider JavaScript benchmark.

I wouldn't believe a word anyone who hangs out on Roy Schestowitz's Loony
Toons ICQ channel 18 hours a day says.

And neither will anyone else who reads the crap you paranoid idiots conjure
up.

That's a not so subtle hint Tony Manco.
Remember it when you go looking for a job and your name lights up like a
Broadway Marquee when potential employers Google your name.

Break into any schools computers lately Tony Manco?

Sinister Midget

Mar 13, 2009, 7:04:51 AM3/13/09
On 2009-03-12, Tony Manco <trm...@gmx.tm> claimed:

> Doug Mentohl wrote:
>> Microsoft has released its own tests that show IE8 can load many
>> websites faster than two open source browsers: Firefox and Chrome ...

> And why are they comparing a Beta software (IE8) with final software (FF
> and Chrome)?

Because their betas always run better than their releases. Just compare
Vista, the beta, with Vista, the release. The same will happen with
Vista 7 ME III beta vs. the release. But the advance friendly comments
help them sell a few copies before people get their hands on the
product and find it's both a stinker & a sinker.

--
Some men rob you with a six-gun, others with a fountain pen.
-- Woodie Guthrie

chrisv

Mar 13, 2009, 8:56:54 AM3/13/09
Tony Manco wrote:

>Doug Mentohl wrote:
>> Microsoft has released its own tests that show IE8 can load many
>> websites faster than two open source browsers: Firefox and Chrome ...
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/b7gfmb
>> http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/03/microsofts-own-speed-tests-show-ie-beating-chrome-firefox.ars
>>

>Pure BS, I tried this yesterday, and this is pure BS... I used a variety
>of browsers going from FF 3.0 and 3.5, Chrome, Opera 10 (? not sure)
>Safari 4 and IE 8, and IE 8 is still the slowest of the bunch running
>the Sunspider JavaScript benchmark.

Sounds like the bullshit hype that proceeded Visduh and DX10, which
was supposed to be so amazingly faster than DX9, that all the gamers
would be compelled to upgrade. Laff.

DFS

Mar 13, 2009, 8:31:07 PM3/13/09

I'm sure you can show us some of this 'bullshit hype'.

Terry Porter

Mar 13, 2009, 8:44:01 PM3/13/09
chrisv wrote:

Sounds like that old MIG story.

A Russian MIG flew so high and fast over Israel, nothing could touch it, the
Yanks spewed, this plane was obviously years ahead of anything they had.

It was just so FAST!

When a defector landed one in Japan, they stripped and analysed it. They
found a interesting fact, namely the Israel incident MIG had been stripped
of every non essential part.

No weapons, no armour, not even a radio, just a hollow shell designed to go
very FAST, but useless for anything else.

And Vistabeta7 is just so *fast* !!!

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

Sinister Midget

Mar 13, 2009, 9:11:54 PM3/13/09
On 2009-03-14, Terry Porter <lin...@netspace.net.au> claimed:

> Sounds like that old MIG story.

> When a defector landed one in Japan, they stripped and analysed it. They

> found a interesting fact, namely the Israel incident MIG had been stripped
> of every non essential part.
>
> No weapons, no armour, not even a radio, just a hollow shell designed to go
> very FAST, but useless for anything else.
>
> And Vistabeta7 is just so *fast* !!!

Compared to the last mess I bet it is. But compared to anything else
(OS X, linux, BSD, Win3.11, or even loading a huge file 14 files from
the beginning of a tape on a C-64) I'd bet it's nothing to brag about.

And it's still probably not hollow enough: DRM, UAC, spyware, 14G of
libraries and drivers that aren't even used by the average person, etc.

--
You should emulate your heros. But don't carry it too far. Especially
if they are dead.