Qualcomm wins in Nokia patents case

Doug Mentohl

Nov 16, 2007, 7:41:46 AM11/16/07
"Qualcomm Wednesday won one of its many battles with Nokia over
patents and related licensing fees"

"A cross-licensing agreement expired in April, and Nokia has halted
payments to cover its use of Qualcomm's technology for high-speed
mobile data"

http://www.bendweekly.com/Business/10461.html

Nice to see the US patent system protecting INNOVA~1 ...

definition of a cross-licensing patent agreement: I write up a pile of
lawyer gunk and you design and market a real product, I do nothing and
years later I come after you for money ...

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 16, 2007, 1:16:08 PM11/16/07
____/ Doug Mentohl on Friday 16 November 2007 12:41 : \____

Wait for the business exodus. What were they thinking?

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: 85% of plant life in in the oceans
Cpu(s): 26.1%us, 4.3%sy, 1.0%ni, 64.2%id, 4.0%wa, 0.2%hi, 0.2%si, 0.0%st

Tim Smith

Nov 16, 2007, 8:50:27 PM11/16/07
On 2007-11-16, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>> "A cross-licensing agreement expired in April, and Nokia has halted
>> payments to cover its use of Qualcomm's technology for high-speed
>> mobile data"
>>
>> http://www.bendweekly.com/Business/10461.html
>>
>> Nice to see the US patent system protecting INNOVA~1 ...
>>
>> definition of a cross-licensing patent agreement: I write up a pile of
>> lawyer gunk and you design and market a real product, I do nothing and
>> years later I come after you for money ...
>
> Wait for the business exodus. What were they thinking?

Neither of you actually have a clue what Qualcomm does, do you?

Doug Mentohl

Nov 17, 2007, 12:31:44 PM11/17/07
the lying stalker know as Tim Smith wrote:

> Ne ..

Tim Smith

Nov 17, 2007, 3:19:51 PM11/17/07
On 2007-11-17, Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> the lying stalker know as Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> Ne ..

Another fine example of what Mark and Roy consider to be top-notch Linux
advocacy. So, do you know what Qualcomm does?

Linonut

Nov 17, 2007, 8:55:16 PM11/17/07
* Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> fired off this tart reply:

Really, Tim, aren't you kind of bending low to reply here?

--
Tux rox!

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 17, 2007, 10:43:55 PM11/17/07
____/ Linonut on Sunday 18 November 2007 01:55 : \____

It's best to ignore him. You're giving him attention, which is exactly what he
wants. He's obviously lonely if he's going sysmetically through thousands of
someone's comments in Digg and moderate them.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows is 'intuitive': go to 'Start' to finish
session
Tasks: 135 total, 1 running, 133 sleeping, 1 stopped, 0 zombie

Doug Mentohl

Nov 18, 2007, 6:22:34 AM11/18/07
Tim Smith wrote:

It's most curious that we have you repeating fuddies lines from 2003,
and I don't need lectures on decorum from the worst scum on Usenet.

Tim Smith

Nov 18, 2007, 11:11:46 AM11/18/07
On 2007-11-18, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> wants. He's obviously lonely if he's going sysmetically through thousands of
> someone's comments in Digg and moderate them.

You owe a lot of people new keyboards. Moderating a comment takes much
less time than writing a comment, so what does it say about you if you
are systematically generating thousands of comments?

Doug Mentohl

Nov 18, 2007, 11:21:48 AM11/18/07
troll.enabler Linonut wrote:

> Really, Tim, aren't you kind of bending low to reply here?

Are you really serious or are you taking the piss. You off all people
invoking standards on COLA. I see, so now 'Tim Smith' is your newest
best buddy on COLA, all I can say is, if you hang round long enough with
a jizz.merchant a little gets to rub off.

Linonut, please and go and find another cause to 'advocate' as you're
not doing this one any good. I can't remember the last time you said
anything of use. Now sod off and give your best buddy ewic a reach.round ...

--

This forum is not about Linux. It's vicious Microsoft FUD. Don't bother
posting if you are a Linux person and don't believe a word you read here.

Doug Mentohl

Nov 18, 2007, 11:25:45 AM11/18/07
Tim Smith wrote:

> You ..

quit with the stalking, cunt ..

Linonut

Nov 18, 2007, 12:51:30 PM11/18/07
* Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> fired off this tart reply:

Maybe he, like, automates it, so it is a simple click?

I'm sure you've seen those masses of posts generated by the fellow who
nym-shifted using a multitude of names of organic compounds, a couple
or so years ago?

Of course, I don't know how Roy does it. I do see it takes a little
toll on him sometimes, getting under his skin.

--
Tux rox!

Linonut

Nov 18, 2007, 12:54:02 PM11/18/07
* Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> fired off this tart reply:

Go take a chill pill, dude.

You're letting something seriously skew your perspective.

One final note: I do what I want, not what anyone else wants.

One final final note: Don't be such a cry-baby.

--
Tux rox!