[News] Mozilla Thunderbird 3 in (P)review, Firefox 3.6 Got Faster

Roy Schestowitz

Nov 15, 2009, 8:50:12 PM11/15/09

Mozilla desktop software is borrowing from Google e-mail features

,----[ Quote ]
| In the following few weeks Mozilla is
| introducing the new version of its
| Thunderbird, lets users keep their inbox
| clutter-free with a Gmail-like "archive"
| button for permanently storing older
| messages, while removing them from day-to-
| day sight.
|
| Thus, Thunderbird 3 also presents tabbed e-
| mail – compatible to tabbed browsing
| available on most Web browsers, including
| Mozilla's own Firefox. The user will get an
| ability quickly jump back and forth between
| e-mail messages by opening them in separate
| tabs.
`----

http://www.ecommerce-journal.com/news/25216_mozilla-desktop-software-borrowing-google-e-mail-features?drgn=1

Benchmarks Show Firefox 3.6 Fastest Version Yet

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Mozilla's Firefox 3.6 is still in
| beta, the CRN Test Center reviewers wanted
| to take a look at it because we measure the
| progress of a browser in development by
| doing a series of benchmark tests against
| each alpha, beta and final versions to
| determine whether there are performance
| improvements with each release. For
| instance, when we tested Firefox 3.6 Alpha
| 1, we were pretty impressed with the
| benchmark results.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/221601241;jsessionid=R14QI2HGKS5LRQE1GHPSKH4ATMY32JVN

Recent:

Mozilla releases second Firefox 3.6 beta

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-10395255-264.html