Ubuntu 9.10

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 2:38:42 PM10/30/09
Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and paste is still
inconsistent, just as it has been for several versions.

Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are still
different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am wrong.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 2:44:07 PM10/30/09
Snit stated in post C71080C2.5112C%use...@gallopinginsanity.com on 10/30/09
11:38 AM:

Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer. It fails
in gedit.

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as very basic
copy and paste... neither of which is internally consistent. Somehow, I am
sure, this will be talked about as a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS
X. Who will be the first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Clogwog

Oct 30, 2009, 4:13:21 PM10/30/09
"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> schreef in bericht
The cola retards are NOT going to argue with you about it, they just call
you a liar, who makes things up and then they call you "Snot Michael
Glasser".
These Cola cretins have very limited brain capacity!

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 4:16:42 PM10/30/09
Clogwog stated in post hcfhc5$3dr$1...@aioe.org on 10/30/09 1:13 PM:

And they will insist that I somehow "forged" any evidence I show.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 4:20:52 PM10/30/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Does it see the other systems on your network and can you connect to them?

Hadron

Oct 30, 2009, 4:22:00 PM10/30/09
"Clogwog" <BWAHA...@BWAHAHAHAAA.LOL> writes:

Yup. I bet HPT can't even reproduce it and Rick will say that he uses
Cut and Paste extensively without issues ... 1337!

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 4:22:22 PM10/30/09

"Clogwog" <BWAHA...@BWAHAHAHAAA.LOL> wrote in message

I posted screenshots, webpages documenting the problems and bug reports and
they called me a liar too !!

It's called being a member of a cult, the cult of Linux, and not being able
to tell the truth for fear of being shunned by the other Linux cultists.

Maybe that's why these same bugs never get fixed.
Nobody has the balls to report them.

Hadron

Oct 30, 2009, 4:23:58 PM10/30/09
"John Fuhrer" <fuhrer_dele...@yahoo.com> writes:

Oh they do. But SO many people get sick of the arrogant talk down they
leave soon after and then some dick marks the bug as "not an issue" or
some such.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 4:27:53 PM10/30/09
Hadron stated in post hcfht9$gd1$1...@news.eternal-september.org on 10/30/09
1:22 PM:

And that this is just picking nits.... it is not like users actually want
their OS to work!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 4:29:41 PM10/30/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcfhr7$gg5$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 1:20 PM:

It is in virtualization... and it does at least see other machines on the
network. Did not do any testing past that.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 4:30:02 PM10/30/09

"Hadron" <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I had that exact scenario happen with a bug in Kaffeine and the developer
stepped in, acknowledged it was a bug, sent me a fix and all was well as the
fix was incorporated into the next version.

I really appreciated that and it's a great example of how OSS methodology
can sometimes work much better than proprietary methods.

The problem is there are too many assholes like Liarmutt, HPT and others who
fail to acknowledge the real problems people have with Linux.

Then there are totally clueless vermin like Jeddiah who live in a cave along
with the next version of the Dead Sea Scrolls, not yet discovered.
They are also holding Linux back by virtue of their not realizing what
average people want.

Hint: we have progressed past daisywheel printers, green monochrome screens
and 2 button mice.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 4:30:14 PM10/30/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcfhu1$hmu$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 1:22 PM:

HPT admitted he could not follow simple video directions... and has been
claiming I "forged" the evidence ever since. Just insane!

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 4:31:34 PM10/30/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Ok thanks.
The virtualzation is probably why it sees them.

I've never had any problems with this, even with Ubuntu, in the past so
something has changed on the Linux end.

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 4:32:59 PM10/30/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

It is insane and then if you post irrfuteable proof, they will run away from
the thread claiming it never happend.
These Linux cultists are just plain nuts.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 4:35:30 PM10/30/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcfich$o4t$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 1:30 PM:

>>> I posted screenshots, webpages documenting the problems and bug reports and
>>> they called me a liar too !!
>>>
>>> It's called being a member of a cult, the cult of Linux, and not being able
>>> to tell the truth for fear of being shunned by the other Linux cultists.
>>>
>>> Maybe that's why these same bugs never get fixed. Nobody has the balls to
>>> report them.
>>>

>> Oh they do. But SO many people get sick of the arrogant talk down they leave
>> soon after and then some dick marks the bug as "not an issue" or some such.
>>
> I had that exact scenario happen with a bug in Kaffeine and the developer
> stepped in, acknowledged it was a bug, sent me a fix and all was well as the
> fix was incorporated into the next version.
>
> I really appreciated that and it's a great example of how OSS methodology can
> sometimes work much better than proprietary methods.

I have seen similar things with proprietary software... very quick fixes.

> The problem is there are too many assholes like Liarmutt, HPT and others who
> fail to acknowledge the real problems people have with Linux.

Very true.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Clogwog

Oct 30, 2009, 4:39:48 PM10/30/09
"John Fuhrer" <fuhrer_dele...@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht

A cult religion!
http://web.archive.org/web/20041123014121/peanut-gallery.kadaitcha.cx/linux_religion.html
"He could have tried depriving his brainwashed followers of food, forcing
them to work naked outside in winter, tie them up in chains with the dogs or
make them eat his shit. It really didn't matter what he wanted to do to
them. They would love it and they would come back for more!"

How appropriate this still is!

> Maybe that's why these same bugs never get fixed.
> Nobody has the balls to report them.

Linux is not their main concern, Kohltard said it is "perfect", they are
just blabbering nonsense about Windows!

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 4:52:06 PM10/30/09

"Clogwog" <BWAHA...@BWAHAHAHAAA.LOL> wrote in message

It is spot on in fact !!!

>> Maybe that's why these same bugs never get fixed.
>> Nobody has the balls to report them.
>>
> Linux is not their main concern, Kohltard said it is "perfect", they are
> just blabbering nonsense about Windows!

That's about what it amounts to.
This group is filled with too much of why Microsoft sucks, too much "works
for me" and other lying for LIEnux tactics and not enough truthful Linux
advocacy.

What passes for Linux advocacy there is amounts to one idiot posting
hundreds of messages based upon what insignificant bloggers may say.
Factual content is ignored in favor of quantity of posts.

Matt

Oct 30, 2009, 5:23:55 PM10/30/09

So what is your recommendation regarding consistency for a
cross-platform app that would by its nature be used by the same user on
different OSes within an hour?

I'm thinking of the Dell Latitude Z and similar machines.

The feature of interest is the ability to boot very quickly and idle in
a low-power mode using a low-power processor that happens to run Linux.

The user can turn on the machine, immediately check email with
Thunderbird or other cross-platform email app, and surf using a
cross-platform browser. He can save email and bookmarks while running
Linux.

Then if he needs an app not available on Linux, he can go on to boot
Windows, use his Windows-only apps, and also use the Windows versions of
say Thunderbird and Firefox to access the same email files and bookmarks
he accessed using the Linux versions of the cross-platform apps.

So do you want a given cross-platform app to be consistent with itself
across OSes, or do you want the Linux version consistent with some
proposed standard for Linux look-and-feel, while the Windows version is
consistent with Windows look-and-feel?

Please state whatever design principle underlies your answer, if you can
give an answer and there is such a principle.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 6:01:57 PM10/30/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcfihu$qhp$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 1:32 PM:

I am often accused of somehow altering the Google record... just weird.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 6:13:39 PM10/30/09
Matt stated in post yPIGm.466$hJ2...@newsfe13.iad on 10/30/09 2:23 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>> Snit stated in post C71080C2.5112C%use...@gallopinginsanity.com on 10/30/09
>> 11:38 AM:
>>
>>> Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and paste is still
>>> inconsistent, just as it has been for several versions.
>>>
>>> Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are still
>>> different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am wrong.
>>>
>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer. It fails in
>> gedit.
>>
>> To similar but different systems to do something as simple as very basic copy
>> and paste... neither of which is internally consistent. Somehow, I am sure,
>> this will be talked about as a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS X.
>> Who will be the first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?
>>

> So what is your recommendation regarding consistency for a cross-platform app
> that would by its nature be used by the same user on different OSes within an
> hour?

Have the application be designed to be consistent for the OS it is on. On
OS X, for example, Command+P would be Print... but on Windows / Ubuntu it
would be Control+P. Both OpenOffice and Firefox (two of the apps I looked
at) work very hard to be consistent on OS X and Windows - harder to do on
desktop Linux being that there is no target.

And that is a problem for desktop Linux - there is no target for programmers
to work toward. Both the KDE and Gnome projects do a lot to at least help
it a little... but looking at Ubuntu we can see there are still some big
problems:

* File > *what* to quit / exit?
* Does Control+P print?
* Does the print dialog have a preview feature?
* Does the print dialog remember settings from one print to the next?
* Does the print dialog pull settings from one file to another?
* Does the clipboard get lost on quitting a program?
* Does select/middle-click work to copy and paste?

These are pretty basic questions any modern desktop OS should have at least
*mostly* worked out, but they are clearly a mess in Ubuntu.

> I'm thinking of the Dell Latitude Z and similar machines.
>
> The feature of interest is the ability to boot very quickly and idle in
> a low-power mode using a low-power processor that happens to run Linux.
>
> The user can turn on the machine, immediately check email with
> Thunderbird or other cross-platform email app, and surf using a
> cross-platform browser. He can save email and bookmarks while running
> Linux.

And in both cases, assuming they are working with Windows, the hot keys
could be very much the same. I would like to see desktop Linux grow to the
point of offering greater choice for the user... so if you are dual booting
with OS X (or running on virtualization on OS X) you could set desktop Linux
to use the same hot keys as OS X does... or make up your own. Have a way to
configure the system... this would be set up quite differently in different
distros. Most users would never fiddle with the settings, but any user who
wanted to could. And, of course, if you want a program to bypass the system
level settings you could do that, too.

> Then if he needs an app not available on Linux, he can go on to boot
> Windows, use his Windows-only apps, and also use the Windows versions of
> say Thunderbird and Firefox to access the same email files and bookmarks
> he accessed using the Linux versions of the cross-platform apps.
>
> So do you want a given cross-platform app to be consistent with itself
> across OSes, or do you want the Linux version consistent with some
> proposed standard for Linux look-and-feel, while the Windows version is
> consistent with Windows look-and-feel?

OS X and Windows are not going to gain the flexibility I talk about - they
will never offer that level of choice. Hopefully desktop Linux will. Then
users would be able to jump between desktop Linux and either of the other
two easily... though jumping between the three still might lead to problems.
I know the virtualization solutions on OS X handle this *to some extent* by
having the key Mac hot keys map to the key Windows ones (Command+P is mapped
to Control+P... same with the cut/copy/paste hot keys and others).

> Please state whatever design principle underlies your answer, if you can
> give an answer and there is such a principle.

I believe the above answers most of the question. I will say that it is
also good for programs to have some level of cross-platform branding... as
Firefox does with its circular back button. There are times it will be
tough to know where to draw the line on consistency vs. branding. The types
of problems I have noted, though, are not from branding, just from lack of
focus / coordination.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 30, 2009, 7:12:55 PM10/30/09
Snit pulled this Usenet boner:

> Snit stated in post C71080C2.5112C%use...@gallopinginsanity.com on 10/30/09
> 11:38 AM:
>
>> Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and paste is still
>> inconsistent, just as it has been for several versions.
>>
>> Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are still
>> different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am wrong.
>
> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer. It fails
> in gedit.

I call bullshit.

> To similar but different systems to do something as simple as very basic
> copy and paste... neither of which is internally consistent. Somehow, I am
> sure, this will be talked about as a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS
> X. Who will be the first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?

I call troll.

--
Give your very best today. Heaven knows it's little enough.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 7:35:01 PM10/30/09
Chris Ahlstrom stated in post hcfrhm$osp$2...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 4:12 PM:

> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> Snit stated in post C71080C2.5112C%use...@gallopinginsanity.com on 10/30/09
>> 11:38 AM:
>>
>>> Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and paste is still
>>> inconsistent, just as it has been for several versions.
>>>
>>> Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are still
>>> different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am wrong.
>>
>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer. It fails
>> in gedit.
>
> I call bullshit.

Call whoever you want... but you cannot change the facts.

>> To similar but different systems to do something as simple as very basic
>> copy and paste... neither of which is internally consistent. Somehow, I am
>> sure, this will be talked about as a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS
>> X. Who will be the first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?
>
> I call troll.

Sure, a troll will be the first to try to twist this as a benefit of Ubuntu
or just flat out deny it.

Wait... that is you! Congrats on being the first "advocate" to try to
defend Ubuntu... your method is flat out denial... not very creative or
interesting. Shall I make a video to prove you wrong so HPT can claim it is
"forged"? LOL! Things are really very predictable in this forum.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Hadron

Oct 30, 2009, 7:50:57 PM10/30/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> Snit stated in post C71080C2.5112C%use...@gallopinginsanity.com on 10/30/09
>> 11:38 AM:
>>
>>> Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and paste is still
>>> inconsistent, just as it has been for several versions.
>>>
>>> Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are still
>>> different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am wrong.
>>
>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer. It fails
>> in gedit.
>
> I call bullshit.

There's a surprise. Ahlstrom professing a belief with ZERO attempt at
verifying his position. How very, very sad.

>> To similar but different systems to do something as simple as very basic
>> copy and paste... neither of which is internally consistent. Somehow, I am
>> sure, this will be talked about as a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS
>> X. Who will be the first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?
>
> I call troll.

No surprise there : once more you suck up and troll with zero attempt
to check your data.

Hadron

Oct 30, 2009, 7:51:50 PM10/30/09
Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> writes:

What I don't understand is how he can live with himself after humiliating
himself so often here. He's a laughing stock.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 8:01:03 PM10/30/09
Hadron stated in post hcfu52$iuj$1...@news.eternal-september.org on 10/30/09
4:50 PM:

Right: there is *no* benefit for Ubuntu's weaknesses here... so the "party
line" will be to deny and lash out against the person who brought it up.
Then the evidence I am "wrong" will be that so many people disagree.

It is silly... and predictable.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 8:01:34 PM10/30/09
Hadron stated in post hcfu6s$iuj$2...@news.eternal-september.org on 10/30/09
4:51 PM:

I just want to know who he thinks he is fooling. The other "advocates"?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

JEDIDIAH

Oct 30, 2009, 7:53:02 PM10/30/09
On 2009-10-30, John Fuhrer <fuhrer_dele...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Hadron" <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "John Fuhrer" <fuhrer_dele...@yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>>> "Clogwog" <BWAHA...@BWAHAHAHAAA.LOL> wrote in message

> Then there are totally clueless vermin like Jeddiah who live in a cave along
> with the next version of the Dead Sea Scrolls, not yet discovered.
> They are also holding Linux back by virtue of their not realizing what
> average people want.

Repeating a lie won't make it any more true.

--
The difference between a monopoly and a "market leader" is |||
that you can simply ignore a "market leader" and be no worse / | \

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 30, 2009, 8:28:40 PM10/30/09
JEDIDIAH pulled this Usenet boner:

> On 2009-10-30, John Fuhrer <fuhrer_dele...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> <scurrilous insults snipped>

> Repeating a lie won't make it any more true.

No, but it sure seeds the Hell out of Google.

--
You will be advanced socially, without any special effort on your part.

Hadron

Oct 30, 2009, 8:27:50 PM10/30/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> JEDIDIAH pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> On 2009-10-30, John Fuhrer <fuhrer_dele...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> <scurrilous insults snipped>
>>
>> Repeating a lie won't make it any more true.
>
> No, but it sure seeds the Hell out of Google.

Your master, Roy Schestowitz, is teaching you well young Liarsuck.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 8:45:15 PM10/30/09
Chris Ahlstrom stated in post hcfvvn$6ih$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 5:28 PM:

> JEDIDIAH pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> On 2009-10-30, John Fuhrer <fuhrer_dele...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> <scurrilous insults snipped>
>>
>> Repeating a lie won't make it any more true.
>
> No, but it sure seeds the Hell out of Google.

Do you have anything of value to add to the topic of the thread?

Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and
paste is still inconsistent, just as it has been for several
versions.

Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are
still different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am
wrong.

and later:

Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice
Writer. It fails in gedit.

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as
very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
consistent. Somehow, I am sure, this will be talked about as
a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS X. Who will be the
first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?

Would love to see you actually try to give an honest and reasonable
response.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 8:46:07 PM10/30/09
Hadron stated in post hcg0a7$9ja$1...@news.eternal-september.org on 10/30/09
5:27 PM:

To re-focus the thread:

Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and
paste is still inconsistent, just as it has been for several
versions.

Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are
still different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am
wrong.

And later:

Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice
Writer. It fails in gedit.

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as
very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
consistent. Somehow, I am sure, this will be talked about as
a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS X. Who will be the
first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?

I would love to see an "advocate" respond an honest and honorable way.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 9:33:06 PM10/30/09
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:44:07 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Snit stated in post C71080C2.5112C%use...@gallopinginsanity.com on
> 10/30/09 11:38 AM:
>

>> Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and paste is
>> still inconsistent, just as it has been for several versions.
>>
>> Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are still
>> different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am wrong.
>

> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer. It
> fails in gedit.
>
> To similar but different systems to do something as simple as very basic
> copy and paste... neither of which is internally consistent. Somehow, I
> am sure, this will be talked about as a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows
> and OS X. Who will be the first to try to twist reality to make it seem
> that way?

I just tried it and gedit seems to work here.

1. From menu, edit/select all
2. In a terminal window press middle mouse button
3. Works.

Or if you just highlight the text and use middle mouse button to paste it
also works.

If you are talking of doing it completely within gedit, then it DOES
indeed fail.
Between gedit and other applications it seems to work.

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 9:35:21 PM10/30/09
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:22:00 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> Yup. I bet HPT can't even reproduce it and Rick will say that he uses
> Cut and Paste extensively without issues ... 1337!

Yea, get ready for the Linux cultists to surround the intruder with their
wagons.

If snit is speaking within gedit, he is correct.
It does not work.

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 9:36:54 PM10/30/09

He sure is.
That's Spamowitz's entire purpose here in COLA but the Linux cultists are
too ignorant to figure it out.

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 9:38:43 PM10/30/09
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:12:55 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> Snit stated in post C71080C2.5112C%use...@gallopinginsanity.com on
>> 10/30/09 11:38 AM:
>>
>>> Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and paste is
>>> still inconsistent, just as it has been for several versions.
>>>
>>> Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are still
>>> different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am wrong.
>>
>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer. It
>> fails in gedit.
>
> I call bullshit.

Why don't you actually try it before making an ass of yourself.

He happens to be correct.

>> To similar but different systems to do something as simple as very
>> basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally consistent.
>> Somehow, I am sure, this will be talked about as a "benefit" of Ubuntu
>> over Windows and OS X. Who will be the first to try to twist reality
>> to make it seem that way?
>
> I call troll.

Yet you've just proved his point, Liarsuck.
Have you no conscience?
Or has Roy brainwashed you to the point where you can't think for
yourself?
It sure seems that way.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 9:38:56 PM10/30/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcg44i$2qs$2...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 6:33 PM:

Interesting... I did mean fully within gedit. Odd it would work between
programs but not *in* the program.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 9:41:48 PM10/30/09

He certainly is.

I don't really get it other than maybe he is so nervous about being
attacked and shunned by the Linux loons that he just goes along with
anything they claim and takes exception with any negative to Linux report
even those with irrefutable proof, like official bug reports being logged
by other people.

He really does look like an ass.

Maybe another reverse troll, like Terry Porter, sent here to make Linux
advocates look bad.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 9:42:11 PM10/30/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcg48p$2qs$3...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 6:35 PM:

But how many in COLA will admit to that?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 9:43:28 PM10/30/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcg4f3$2qs$5...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 6:38 PM:

> On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:12:55 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:
>>
>>> Snit stated in post C71080C2.5112C%use...@gallopinginsanity.com on
>>> 10/30/09 11:38 AM:

>>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer. It
>>> fails in gedit.
>>
>> I call bullshit.
>
> Why don't you actually try it before making an ass of yourself.
>
> He happens to be correct.

Facts are deemed "bullshit" by Chris.

>>> To similar but different systems to do something as simple as very
>>> basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally consistent.
>>> Somehow, I am sure, this will be talked about as a "benefit" of Ubuntu
>>> over Windows and OS X. Who will be the first to try to twist reality
>>> to make it seem that way?
>>
>> I call troll.
>
> Yet you've just proved his point, Liarsuck.
> Have you no conscience?
> Or has Roy brainwashed you to the point where you can't think for
> yourself?
> It sure seems that way.

Whatever his reason, he was the first to start the nay-saying trolling in
this thread.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Hadron

Oct 30, 2009, 9:51:40 PM10/30/09
John Fuhrer <fuhrer_remo...@yahoo.com> writes:

It would explain a lot. In particular his recent shilling of Willy
Poaster and "7" posts! I mean. Get real.

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 9:52:15 PM10/30/09
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:38:56 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Interesting... I did mean fully within gedit. Odd it would work between
> programs but not *in* the program.

Yes that is odd.
I tried it several times to make sure but within gedit it fails but if
you highlight within gedit, either by menu or middle button, you can
paste to say a terminal window fine.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 9:56:05 PM10/30/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcg58f$a73$3...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 6:52 PM:

Just tried between gedit and Writer... both directions it works.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

John Fuhrer

Oct 30, 2009, 9:58:07 PM10/30/09
On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 02:51:40 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> It would explain a lot. In particular his recent shilling of Willy
> Poaster and "7" posts! I mean. Get real.

Poaster and 7 are complete idiots.
Homer and HPT belong in a mental institution.
Rex has to be doing some "Pineapple Express" in large quantities.
At least he seems happy though.
Spamowitz spams.
...and so it goes.

Liarmutt shills up them all.

Don Zeigler

Oct 30, 2009, 10:49:45 PM10/30/09
Snit wrote:

> I would love to see an "advocate" respond an honest and honorable way.

Most advocates seem to be ignoring you.

--
Regards,
Don Zeigler

...Those who live by the sword... kill those who don't.

Snit

Oct 30, 2009, 10:52:37 PM10/30/09
Don Zeigler stated in post zsjtbbnx...@this.domain.or.that on 10/30/09
7:49 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> I would love to see an "advocate" respond an honest and honorable way.
>
> Most advocates seem to be ignoring you.

Most ignore any indication of problems with desktop Linux. That is what
makes them very poor advocates. Not all, mind you... but it is common in
COLA.

I think advocacy should include honest discussions of weaknesses...
otherwise you are simply shilling for the OS. For example, I advocate not
just desktop Linux, but also OS X... but I am very open about its weaknesses
as well.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

"Köhlmann is aka 'Petey Toro' OLAY!"

Oct 30, 2009, 11:29:44 PM10/30/09
Don Zeigler wrote:
> Snit wrote:
>
>> I would love to see an "advocate" respond an honest and honorable way.
>
> Most advocates seem to be ignoring you.

You're nothing, handyman.

High Plains Thumper

Oct 31, 2009, 12:10:05 AM10/31/09
John Fuhrer wrote:

> Hadron wrote:
>
> Poaster and 7 are complete idiots.
> Homer and HPT belong in a mental institution.
> Rex has to be doing some "Pineapple Express" in large
> quantities.
> At least he seems happy though.
> Spamowitz spams.
> ...and so it goes.
>
> Liarmutt shills up them all.

Proof John Fuhrer is Flatfish:

From: "John Fuhrer" <fuhrer_deletethis_j...@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft: Buying Memory Not from Us
Will Help Gamers Cheat?!?!?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 05:30:20 -0400

[Quote]
"High Plains Thumper" [h...@invalid.invalid] wrote in message

[Snip]

> What was snipped:

You mean the facts?
All you do is provide crap from 1994.
You have nothing modern and nothing that can be substanstiated.
Just a collection of garbage, which is why you are totally
useless as a
Linux advocate.
Why not go back to the mouth breathers in rec.motorcycles, Wendy?
You fit in much better there.
[/Quote]

http://tinyurl.com/ygm9nxt

Flatfish's mental illness:

Subject: Re: Roy Schestowitz
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:37:41 +0100

[quote]
> He has software that takes RSS feeds, sorts them, searches for
> certain phrases, makes comments taken from a database and
> spits out the stuff to every corner of the Internet.

Unlike you - a troll with a chip on your shoulder who manually
creates so much shite aka anti-Roy spam that no-one, that's
right, NO-ONE wants to read, that you've single-handedly reduced
the appeal and effectiveness of a newsgroup.

Please, go create another group and move to it. If you really
have a voice someone wants to listen to, you'll get them moving
over to it.

You can get treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder you know!
[/quote]

http://tinyurl.com/6hecfx

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Oct 31, 2009, 12:16:57 AM10/31/09
Snit wrote:

> Wait... that is you! Congrats on being the first "advocate"
> to try to defend Ubuntu... your method is flat out denial...
> not very creative or interesting. Shall I make a video to
> prove you wrong so HPT can claim it is "forged"? LOL! Things
> are really very predictable in this forum.

122- Tommy: "In case you did not get it, I think the moral was:
Stop polluting the world with your infantile and obsessive
"writings". You give Mac advocacy a bad name. If that was your
goal you have succeeded! That also goes for all that bullshit on
your website" 11 Jun 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/03610d2080321d33

98- RonB (COLA): "Snit is a crank fixated on one issue, who's
thing is twisting your words so he can win an argument against a
straw man. That's enough to killfile him." 1 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/ce8550d4cc5b1b42

115- TheLetterK: "That is merely your perception, Shit. You're
the one lacking counter evidence, and your arguments basically
amount to "I'm right, nya nya nya." No matter how many examples
someone points at to demonstrate their claim, you blindly
continue to insist that they provide no evidence, or that the
evidence given is irrelevant. Worse still, you fall back on straw
men and disingenuous quote mangling to portray the argument in
your favor. You are one of the worst trolls that inhabit CSMA,
Shit. *Edwin* is more prone to fits of reason than you are." 23
Sep 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/d488596b57132124

30- George Graves: "Jason. You have started an argument with the
Snit (AKA Michael Glasser), this should not be done. He will
drive you crazy with his twisted logic, his deep-rooted need to
be ALWAYS right at any cost. He will move goalposts, set up
strawmen, and bore you into submission with his endless
pedanticism. The only way to engage him is to hit and run. NEVER
engage him, it's a futile, empty procedure that will only anger
you and feed him. Take my advice and STAY AWAY!" 27 Oct 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3d3af33ce25a11fd

42- Jason McNorton: "You're one of the many, many paranoid people
on usenet that should be confined most likely. You sit there and
refresh your screen endlessly. You post the same nonsense over
and over. Either you're a super troll, or you're a super mess."

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/7a8e091c0b248eb0

--
HPT

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 12:26:41 AM10/31/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post
7de29a33-7485-49ac...@a31g2000yqn.googlegroups.com on
10/30/09 9:16 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> Wait... that is you! Congrats on being the first "advocate"
>> to try to defend Ubuntu... your method is flat out denial...
>> not very creative or interesting. Shall I make a video to
>> prove you wrong so HPT can claim it is "forged"? LOL! Things
>> are really very predictable in this forum.

You have a large problem with the concept of context, HPT.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Wintrolls Lie

Oct 31, 2009, 12:27:46 AM10/31/09
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:44:07 -0700, Snit wrote:

> Snit stated in post C71080C2.5112C%use...@gallopinginsanity.com on
> 10/30/09 11:38 AM:
>
>> Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and paste is
>> still inconsistent, just as it has been for several versions.
>>
>> Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are still
>> different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am wrong.
>
> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer. It
> fails in gedit.

Crap. Just tried it in both and both work. Are you sure you're not using
a one button mouse? :-)

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 12:36:53 AM10/31/09
Wintrolls Lie stated in post hcgec2$u7b$3...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 9:27 PM:

If it works for you I would like to see evidence... multiple folks have
noted it does not.

I am using, for what it is worth, an 8-button mouse.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

High Plains Thumper

Oct 31, 2009, 12:38:38 AM10/31/09
Wintrolls Lie wrote:
> Snit wrote:
>> Snit stated:

>>> Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy
>>> and paste is still inconsistent, just as it has been for
>>> several versions.
>>>
>>> Will play with the middle click options later... bet they
>>> are still different but also internally inconsistent.
>>> Hope I am wrong.
>>
>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice
>> Writer. It fails in gedit.
>
> Crap. Just tried it in both and both work. Are you sure you're
> not using a one button mouse? :-)

Snit is supporting Hadron and Flatfish, because he has no other
friends. In CSMA, he uses sock puppets to keep company and break
the loneliness.

If he overcame his obsessive compulsive disorder by using Linux
instead of concentrating on imaginative inventions of his own
mind, he might have something worthwhile to post.

98- RonB (COLA): "Snit is a crank fixated on one issue, who's
thing is twisting your words so he can win an argument against a
straw man. That's enough to killfile him." 1 Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/ce8550d4cc5b1b42

--
HPT

John Fuhrer

Oct 31, 2009, 12:39:19 AM10/31/09

"Wintrolls Lie" <wintro...@gmail.com> wrote in message

You're lying.
It doesn't work.

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 12:41:34 AM10/31/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post hcgf0g$f8v$1...@news.albasani.net on
10/30/09 9:38 PM:

> Wintrolls Lie wrote:
>> Snit wrote:
>>> Snit stated:

>>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice
>>> Writer. It fails in gedit.
>>
>> Crap. Just tried it in both and both work. Are you sure you're
>> not using a one button mouse? :-)
>
> Snit is supporting Hadron and Flatfish,

I support truth. You argue against me because truth is not your friend.
Remember, the points I have been making:

Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and
paste is still inconsistent, just as it has been for several
versions.

Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are
still different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am
wrong.

And later:

Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice
Writer. It fails in gedit.

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as

very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
consistent. Somehow, I am sure, this will be talked about as
a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS X. Who will be the
first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?

I have invited "advocates" to respond in an honest and honorable way. So
far none have taken me up on that request. I have been able to predict
people's behavior, including yours.

> because he has no other friends. In CSMA, he uses sock puppets to keep
> company and break the loneliness.
>
> If he overcame his obsessive compulsive disorder by using Linux instead of
> concentrating on imaginative inventions of his own mind, he might have
> something worthwhile to post.

See: I predicted you would deny the facts. And you did. So easy... so
very, very easy.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 12:43:14 AM10/31/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcgf1q$8i2$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 9:39 PM:

I am happy to show evidence... I can make a video. Wintrolls will not make
such an offer. It simply does not work, at least not on my system or any
other that has been reported (other, magically, than his).

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

John Fuhrer

Oct 31, 2009, 12:48:42 AM10/31/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

That's because he is a liar or he is not following your instructions
explicitly.

I'm using a Logitech G5 which is one of the best mice money can buy and it
fails for me.

It's just another case of a Linux cultist "Lying for LIEnux".

John Fuhrer

Oct 31, 2009, 12:51:21 AM10/31/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

You should, not that it will matter.
They will go to the grave claiming Linux works and you are lying.

I presented screenshots showing the failure and they still claimed it didn't
exist.

I presented a webpage explaining the failure and giving a work around.

They still claimed it "worked for them".

They are liars and cultists and will never tell the truth.

John Fuhrer

Oct 31, 2009, 12:52:37 AM10/31/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Notice which 2 cultists appear at the very same time?
Also notice the term "wintrolls".

That's a favorite term amongst the likes of HPT and Terry Porter.
Take your pick.

Wintrolls Lie

Oct 31, 2009, 12:53:26 AM10/31/09

How can I post evidence? Make a movie? Let's just say if it didn't work
I'd ditch 9.10 in a flash. As it is I'm thinking of switching to it as so
far it has worked flawlessly.

> I am using, for what it is worth, an 8-button mouse.

Cough splut ... who conned you into buying that? :-)

PS: enough snit troll feeding. I'm just posting a few articles as
flatfish said pan crapped out posting articles. So far pan is working
like a charm.

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 1:19:00 AM10/31/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcgfjd$bft$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 9:48 PM:

Logitech does make great mice... I use an MX518 - similar mouse but wired
and not laser.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

John Fuhrer

Oct 31, 2009, 1:21:12 AM10/31/09

"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote in message

Mine is wired as well.
The delay even with a good laser mouse drives me nuts.

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 1:21:40 AM10/31/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcgfoc$c9t$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 9:51 PM:

I have presented videos proving my points. HPT and Peter K�hlmann lie and
call the solid proof "forged".

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 1:23:01 AM10/31/09
Wintrolls Lie stated in post hcgfs6$u7b$6...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 9:53 PM:

> On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:36:53 -0700, Snit wrote:
>
>> Wintrolls Lie stated in post hcgec2$u7b$3...@news.eternal-september.org on

>>> Crap. Just tried it in both and both work. Are you sure you're not
>>> using a one button mouse? :-)
>>
>> If it works for you I would like to see evidence... multiple folks have
>> noted it does not.
>
> How can I post evidence? Make a movie?

Sounds good to me. I can make one as well.

> Let's just say if it didn't work I'd ditch 9.10 in a flash. As it is I'm
> thinking of switching to it as so far it has worked flawlessly.
>
>> I am using, for what it is worth, an 8-button mouse.
>
> Cough splut ... who conned you into buying that? :-)

I love it.

> PS: enough snit troll feeding. I'm just posting a few articles as
> flatfish said pan crapped out posting articles. So far pan is working
> like a charm.

Ah, you "fed" me a lie and are now going to run off. OK.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 1:28:24 AM10/31/09
John Fuhrer stated in post hcghga$kvm$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/30/09 10:21 PM:

Agreed. And it is a short drive in my case. :)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Sinister Midget

Oct 31, 2009, 5:38:16 AM10/31/09
On 2009-10-31, High Plains Thumper <highplai...@gmail.com> claimed:

> John Fuhrer wrote:
>> Hadron wrote:
>>
>> Poaster and 7 are complete idiots.
>> Homer and HPT belong in a mental institution.
>> Rex has to be doing some "Pineapple Express" in large
>> quantities.
>> At least he seems happy though.
>> Spamowitz spams.
>> ...and so it goes.
>>
>> Liarmutt shills up them all.
>
> Proof John Fuhrer is Flatfish:

The verbiage was more than sufficient to tell. The familiarity with
both the persons and s/h/it's favorite nicks for said persons was more
than sufficient to tell. The eagerness to begin attacking was more than
sufficient to tell.

Hey, Der Flatso Führer, what did you do to Flatfish Goldberg? More
importantly, how's life in your septic tank on Long Island?

--
Common sense is what tells you the world is flat.

Sinister Midget

Oct 31, 2009, 5:46:04 AM10/31/09
On 2009-10-31, High Plains Thumper <highplai...@invalid.invalid> claimed:

> Snit is supporting Hadron and Flatfish, because he has no other
> friends. In CSMA, he uses sock puppets to keep company and break
> the loneliness.
>
> If he overcame his obsessive compulsive disorder by using Linux
> instead of concentrating on imaginative inventions of his own
> mind, he might have something worthwhile to post.

If he overcame his obsessive-complusive disorder his wife would see he
ran out of excuses for being a lazy bum and make him find a job. Then
he'd have to interact with the physical world and get punched in the
face a lot for being an asshole to everybody around him. Thus he'd
*really* have something to go "eeek!" about.

--
Today is the last day of your life so far.

TomB

Oct 31, 2009, 5:56:43 AM10/31/09
On 2009-10-30, the following emerged from the brain of Chris Ahlstrom:
> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:

>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer.
>> It fails in gedit.
>
> I call bullshit.

It is bullshit. In every single way. Notice how he just says 'it
fails'. Not a single word on how it fails. Nice cover.

Here is the fact on which Snit claims the X clipboard doesn't work:

Type the following text in a brand new gedit window:

Here we go again!

Highlight *all* characters, and middle click anywhere in the text
area; the highlight on the text will disappear and nothing is pasted.

At this point Snit thinks his testing is finished and that it doesn't
work.

Don't change anything about the text you just typed and highlight
everything except the exclamation mark. Middle-click again anywhere
but on the highlighted area; the highlighted text *will* be pasted.
What a surprise. Now middle click again on the highlighted area; the
highlight on the text will disappear and nothing is pasted. Note how
this is perfectly consistent with our first test case. When you're
trying to paste on the highlighted area, the highlight disappears and
nothing is pasted.

Now, in e.g. OpenOffice.org you can paste directly after a single and
competely highlighted line. If you want to understand why, you should
turn on the non-printing characters display. Also in OpenOffice.org,
the highlight will not be undone when middle-clicking on it. At this
point I have no idea why. I guess the willingness to release
highlighted text is something that's up to the application.

In any case, Snit was either lying or being completely ignorant when
he claimed that the X clipboards fails in gedit.

--
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform.

Tim Smith

Oct 31, 2009, 6:45:32 AM10/31/09
In article <hcgec2$u7b$3...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Wintrolls Lie <wintro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Crap. Just tried it in both and both work. Are you sure you're not using
> a one button mouse? :-)

We've been over this in this group before. You probably should go find
and read those threads, unless you want to end up looking like HPT.

(Hint: by design, probably due to the need to support X server and X
clients being on different hosts, cut/copy/paste in X has some
significant differences from cut/copy/paste in Windows, Mac, OS/2, etc.
Whenever Snit posts an example that highlights some of these
differences, invariably someone who has never noticed them before
assumes that he must be wrong because, they assume, cut/copy/paste must
work the same they do on nearly every other system, and then they make a
fool of themselves).

--
--Tim Smith

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 31, 2009, 7:37:05 AM10/31/09
Hadron pulled this Usenet boner:

> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:
>
>>> On 2009-10-30, John Fuhrer <fuhrer_dele...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> <scurrilous insults snipped>
>>>
>>> Repeating a lie won't make it any more true.
>>
>> No, but it sure seeds the Hell out of Google.
>
> Your master, Roy Schestowitz, is teaching you well young Liarsuck.

Insanity.

--
You will be reincarnated as a toad; and you will be much happier.

William Poaster

Oct 31, 2009, 7:31:30 AM10/31/09
Above the wailing & moaning of the trolls,Sinister Midget was heard to
say:

> On 2009-10-31, High Plains Thumper <highplai...@gmail.com> claimed:
>> John Fuhrer wrote:
>>> Hadron wrote:
>>>
>>> Poaster and 7 are complete idiots.
>>> Homer and HPT belong in a mental institution.
>>> Rex has to be doing some "Pineapple Express" in large
>>> quantities.
>>> At least he seems happy though.
>>> Spamowitz spams.
>>> ...and so it goes.
>>>
>>> Liarmutt shills up them all.
>>
>> Proof John Fuhrer is Flatfish:
>
> The verbiage was more than sufficient to tell. The familiarity with
> both the persons and s/h/it's favorite nicks for said persons was more
> than sufficient to tell. The eagerness to begin attacking was more than
> sufficient to tell.
>

> Hey, Der Flatso F�hrer, what did you do to Flatfish Goldberg? More

> importantly, how's life in your septic tank on Long Island?

Heh heh, the flatfish troll just can't help giving himself away sooner or
later.

--
Linux. The Malicious Software Removal
tool which wipes Windows from your PC in

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 31, 2009, 7:39:33 AM10/31/09
Snit pulled this Usenet boner:

>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:
>>
> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice
> Writer. It fails in gedit.
>

> I would love to see an "advocate" respond an honest and honorable way.

I already did. I did the same experiment. Works in both OO and gedit.

It always has. I see no way in which it can work in one, but not the other.

Since I have your febrile ass plonked, I did not see if you were perchance
trying it on Windows. If so, that is not X's fault.

--
Many changes of mind and mood; do not hesitate too long.

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 31, 2009, 7:40:35 AM10/31/09
John Fuhrer pulled this Usenet boner:

> On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 01:27:50 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:
>>
>>> JEDIDIAH pulled this Usenet boner:

>>> No, but it sure seeds the Hell out of Google.
>>
>> Your master, Roy Schestowitz, is teaching you well young Liarsuck.
>

> He sure is.
> That's Spamowitz's entire purpose here in COLA but the Linux cultists are
> too ignorant to figure it out.

You and "Hadron" do your own seeding. Vile hypocrites.

--
Zounds! I was never so bethumped with words
since I first called my brother's father dad.

Hadron

Oct 31, 2009, 7:34:37 AM10/31/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> Hadron pulled this Usenet boner:

>>> No, but it sure seeds the Hell out of Google.
>>
>> Your master, Roy Schestowitz, is teaching you well young Liarsuck.
>
> Insanity.

And yet you chose to talk about seeding google when valid points were
made yet you DONT when your Master Roy posts his sig everywhere (with
wrong delimiter) and links to his own revenue generating web site
regardless of the strength of the link.

Let me tell you what insanity is : insanity is you calling Snit a liar
when the points he made are so easily proved. You totally null any
slight credibility you might have scratched back since you launched your
attacks on Jorge Schilling.

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 31, 2009, 7:41:55 AM10/31/09
Snit pulled this Usenet boner:

> Chris Ahlstrom stated in post hcfrhm$osp$2...@news.eternal-september.org on
> 10/30/09 4:12 PM:

>> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:
>>>

>>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer. It fails
>>> in gedit.
>>

>> I call bullshit.
>
> Call whoever you want... but you cannot change the facts.

Dude, I tried it. On Debian 64-bit. It works fine, both apps.

Always has.

> Wait... that is you! Congrats on being the first "advocate" to try to
> defend Ubuntu... your method is flat out denial... not very creative or
> interesting. Shall I make a video to prove you wrong so HPT can claim it is
> "forged"? LOL! Things are really very predictable in this forum.

Idiot.

--
You are fairminded, just and loving.

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 31, 2009, 7:43:07 AM10/31/09
High Plains Thumper pulled this Usenet boner:

> Snit is supporting Hadron and Flatfish, because he has no other
> friends. In CSMA, he uses sock puppets to keep company and break
> the loneliness.

They all do. They are angry and sad at the same time.

--
You will inherit millions of dollars.

Hadron

Oct 31, 2009, 7:37:26 AM10/31/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom stated in post hcfrhm$osp$2...@news.eternal-september.org on
>> 10/30/09 4:12 PM:
>>
>>> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:

>>> I call bullshit.
>>
>> Call whoever you want... but you cannot change the facts.
>
> Dude, I tried it. On Debian 64-bit. It works fine, both apps.

hahahahahahahaha!

Ahlstrom hits an all time low.

"On debian 64-bit".

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

> Always has.
>
>> Wait... that is you! Congrats on being the first "advocate" to try to
>> defend Ubuntu... your method is flat out denial... not very creative or
>> interesting. Shall I make a video to prove you wrong so HPT can claim it is
>> "forged"? LOL! Things are really very predictable in this forum.
>
> Idiot.

You really are. You must stop this! You're cracking us up!

Chris Ahlstrom

Oct 31, 2009, 7:45:12 AM10/31/09
TomB pulled this Usenet boner:

> On 2009-10-30, the following emerged from the brain of Chris Ahlstrom:
>> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:
>>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice Writer.
>>> It fails in gedit.
>>
>> I call bullshit.
>
> It is bullshit. In every single way. Notice how he just says 'it
> fails'. Not a single word on how it fails. Nice cover.
>

> <discussion snipped>

> In any case, Snit was either lying or being completely ignorant when
> he claimed that the X clipboards fails in gedit.

And the "True Linux Advocate", "Hadron", steps in to "suck up" and "shill"
for Snit, with a reach-around from flatfish.

They are all vile trolls.

--
Patch griefs with proverbs.
-- William Shakespeare, "Much Ado About Nothing"

Hadron

Oct 31, 2009, 8:28:38 AM10/31/09
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> TomB pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> On 2009-10-30, the following emerged from the brain of Chris Ahlstrom:
>>> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:
>>>
>>> I call bullshit.
>>
>> It is bullshit. In every single way. Notice how he just says 'it
>> fails'. Not a single word on how it fails. Nice cover.
>>
>> <discussion snipped>
>>
>> In any case, Snit was either lying or being completely ignorant when
>> he claimed that the X clipboards fails in gedit.
>
> And the "True Linux Advocate", "Hadron", steps in to "suck up" and "shill"
> for Snit, with a reach-around from flatfish.
>
> They are all vile trolls.

Suck up to snit? Laughing at you trying so hard to suck up is not
shilling. But do keep it up!

High Plains Thumper

Oct 31, 2009, 9:08:13 AM10/31/09
Snit wrote:
> High Plains Thumper stated:

>> Wintrolls Lie wrote:

>>> Crap. Just tried it in both and both work. Are you sure
>>> you're not using a one button mouse? :-)
>>
>> Snit is supporting Hadron and Flatfish,
>
> I support truth. You argue against me because truth is not
> your friend.

Lie.

Henry Flam: "You on the other hand must a deeply trouble
individual who has a fragile ego. I needn't agree nor disagree
with the points above. I don't care about them. Your constant
complaints, whines, rages, etc., wars with the regular Mac
advocates, whom you mislabel as trolls, arise from your sense
that any conversation or thread must orbit around you. People
have pointed that out to you but you don't accept that. Snit I
feel sorry for you. Please go and see a doctor about your
solipsism. There must be a cure for you deep psychological
travail." 18 Aug 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b9bb48e6e6da75c8

<SNIP>

> And later:
>
> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice
> Writer. It fails in gedit.

I just did a copy from OpenOffice Writer to gedit with a mouse wheel
click, it works. Which of the 8 buttons on Snit's 8-button mouse did
Snit not use, LOL!

Alternate and standard - Right click, select menu item, "Paste", it
works, very user friendly. So now, mouse clicks have become big
issues in Snit's imagination, interesting.

Other alternate and faster - I use ^c to copy, ^x to cut, ^v to paste,
these work both in OO and gedit both ways.

As I stated previously, I have no problems with copying and pasting
between GUI applications in the X-server. I also have no problems
copying between GUI and command line. However, Snit seems to make a
habit of taking very minor or non-existent issues and making them into
large ones as an invention of his own mind.

> To similar but different systems to do something as simple
> as very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
> consistent. Somehow, I am sure, this will be talked about as
> a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS X. Who will be the
> first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?

"Internally Inconsistent" - this is an interesting term. It rings a
bit of truth about Snit's trolling strategy:

[quote]
7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

This is a list of the disinformation tactics that the that the
anti-Linux propagandists who post in COLA have been using. All
of these tactics have been used in COLA by the anti-Linux
propagandists against the Linux advocates and the rest of the
COLA readership to further the cause of the anti-Linux
propagandists. This list has been worded as though you are one of
them, so that you can better see through their eyes how they think.

[...]

41. Use of Undefined Terminology

Use terms such as "indoctrinated" as a substitute for
"educated" or "experienced" when referring to a Linux Advocate.
Use "pedantic" in place of "correct", "precise", or "accurate"
when referring to a Linux Advocate. Create and use personal
definitions such as "commercial quality" for impressive sounding
terms to mislead the unwary. But never share your definitions
for your inappropriate terminology. This is commonly known as
Troll-speak.
[/quote]

> I have invited "advocates" to respond in an honest and
> honorable way. So far none have taken me up on that request.
> I have been able to predict people's behavior, including
> yours.

Here are what a few posters have said about Snit's honesty and honour,
which are both non-existent:

22- Edward Stanfield: "Snit thinks the rules that apply to honest and
honorable people apply to him. That is absurd. He is the biggest
liar in Usenet history. Mackay posted the email to prove Snit was
using sock puppets and he still is. Snit can not give up his socks
puppets and shills. They are the only ones who ever support him." 28
Jan 2009

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5b52494d96d12229

32- Greycloud: "You really shouldn't lie like that. Everyone else
notices that you are not honest and you have no honor." 21 Jan 2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/3b92f11a1ab00f91

78- New Bee: "Honest and honorable? You? You've either got a wry sense
of humor, or you're completely nuts. Either way you're just a waste of
time, and you've done more than anybody to make this group a cesspool.
Then you revel in wallowing in your own filth." 14 May 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/2856277b085d0274

85- PC Guy: "Forget it Snit, you're a waste of time. For someone who
talks about everyone else not being "honest and honorable" you appear
to be the least honest and honorable of anyone here." 22 Apr 2007

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/36bf51df2a2662a4

124- Wally: "Because by your own admission "honor and honesty" are
nothing more than a "game" to you, as such not only do you wish to
define the rules, but no doubt you will also attempt to alter or bend
the rules when inevitably things do not go to your liking, for this
reason I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to play your game." 16
May 2004

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/b9b3ed1ee20e5220

>> because he has no other friends. In CSMA, he uses sock
>> puppets to keep company and break the loneliness.
>>
>> If he overcame his obsessive compulsive disorder by using
>> Linux instead of concentrating on imaginative inventions of
>> his own mind, he might have something worthwhile to post.
>
> See: I predicted you would deny the facts. And you did. So
> easy... so very, very easy.

Snit shifts the goal posts. Again.

--
HPT

Hadron

Oct 31, 2009, 9:09:26 AM10/31/09
High Plains Thumper <highplai...@gmail.com> writes:

> Snit wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper stated:

>>> Snit is supporting Hadron and Flatfish,
>>
>> I support truth. You argue against me because truth is not
>> your friend.
>
> Lie.
>
> Henry Flam: "You on the other hand must a deeply trouble
> individual who has a fragile ego. I needn't agree nor disagree
> with the points above. I don't care about them.

And there is the crux of HPT's "point".

"I don't care about the issues".

High Plains Thumper

Oct 31, 2009, 9:13:36 AM10/31/09
John Fuhrer wrote:
> Snit wrote...
>> High Plains Thumper stated:

>>> because he has no other friends. In CSMA, he uses sock
>>> puppets to keep company and break the loneliness.
>>>
>>> If he overcame his obsessive compulsive disorder by using
>>> Linux instead of concentrating on imaginative inventions
>>> of his own mind, he might have something worthwhile to
>>> post.
>>
>> See: I predicted you would deny the facts. And you did. So
>> easy... so very, very easy.

27- fibercut: "That is the problem. In the years I have been coming to
CSMA I have seen in the past year a real hatred among people, besides
the typical Mac vs. Windows typical argument. I feel that it is like
being in a room of really young children trying there best to best the
other person. The one common thing among all of this seems to be you.
I hate to be like this, but facts are facts. You seem to be in the
middle of a great percentage of arguments. CSMA has become less about
Macs and more about "look everybody, I think he lied". Is there no end
then all this picking at each other on such a personal level. CSMA has
always been al little adversarial but you have personally crank it up
to the point that this place is no longer fun. Congratulations on
stopping CSMA and making this place your own personal circus." 12 Jan
2006

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.mac.advocacy/msg/bbe695bbc3424ab6

> Notice which 2 cultists appear at the very same time?
> Also notice the term "wintrolls".
>
> That's a favorite term amongst the likes of HPT and Terry
> Porter.
> Take your pick.

Hi, Flatfish.

--
HPT

DFS

Oct 31, 2009, 9:22:12 AM10/31/09
Hadron wrote:

> And there is the crux of HPT's "point".
>
> "I don't care about the issues".

Reminds me of Telnet: "I don't even care about the facts. 7 has credibility
with me, as do *all* the Linux advocates here."

huh?

Hadron

Oct 31, 2009, 9:23:11 AM10/31/09
"DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes:

They are, quite literally, insane.

And you know that's true as Ahsltrom has started using it as his
"clever" retort to people pointing out his recent idiocy.

High Plains Thumper

Oct 31, 2009, 9:56:48 AM10/31/09
William Poaster wrote:
> Sinister Midget was heard:
>> High Plains Thumper claimed:

>>> Proof John Fuhrer is Flatfish:
>>
>> The verbiage was more than sufficient to tell. The
>> familiarity with both the persons and s/h/it's favorite
>> nicks for said persons was more than sufficient to tell. The
>> eagerness to begin attacking was more than sufficient to
>> tell.
>>
>> Hey, Der Flatso Führer, what did you do to Flatfish

>> Goldberg? More importantly, how's life in your septic tank
>> on Long Island?
>
> Heh heh, the flatfish troll just can't help giving himself
> away sooner or later.

I did a check a couple days ago, the colatrolls blogspot has now
a new entry.

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2009/10/john-fuhrer.html

is open for comments. It might be worth someone's farthings to
contribute a note or two.

And BTW, Flatfish keeps accusing me of being the co-author of
that, typically Flatfish, which is about as moronic comment as
can be made. Anyone can post comments to it.

The author of it disapproved roughly a half dozen comments I have
posted to it over time. Otherwise, I would have really made it
sizzle. :-)

--
HPT

William Poaster

Oct 31, 2009, 9:56:08 AM10/31/09
Above the wailing & moaning of the trolls,Don Zeigler was heard to say:

> Snit wrote:
>
>> I would love to see an "advocate" respond an honest and honorable way.
>
> Most advocates seem to be ignoring you.

Hardly surprising, is it.

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 9:59:54 AM10/31/09
Sinister Midget stated in post sjdtr6-...@home.harry.net on 10/31/09
2:46 AM:

All this simply because I pointed out a weakness with Ubuntu:

Just downloaded and played with it. The menu-based copy and
paste is still inconsistent, just as it has been for several
versions.

Will play with the middle click options later... bet they are
still different but also internally inconsistent. Hope I am
wrong.

And later:

Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice
Writer. It fails in gedit.

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as

very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
consistent. Somehow, I am sure, this will be talked about as
a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS X. Who will be the
first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?

I cannot imagine having such low morals.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Hadron

Oct 31, 2009, 10:00:35 AM10/31/09
William Poaster <w...@kubuntu-karmic.org> writes:

> Above the wailing & moaning of the trolls,Don Zeigler was heard to say:
>
>> Snit wrote:
>>
>>> I would love to see an "advocate" respond an honest and honorable way.
>>
>> Most advocates seem to be ignoring you.
>
> Hardly surprising, is it.

Not really no. Because you're a little fraud who sticks his head in the
sand and whistles dixie while real issues are discussed.

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 10:05:41 AM10/31/09
TomB stated in post 200910311...@usenet.drumscum.be on 10/31/09 2:56
AM:

I just tested. Yes, if you have additional lines or do not select all of the
text it does work in gedit. This is different than how it works in Writer.
It is *still* not consistent... as even you point out and note you have no
idea why.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Peter Köhlmann

Oct 31, 2009, 10:04:53 AM10/31/09
William Poaster wrote:

> Above the wailing & moaning of the trolls,Don Zeigler was heard to say:
>
>> Snit wrote:
>>
>>> I would love to see an "advocate" respond an honest and honorable way.
>>
>> Most advocates seem to be ignoring you.
>
> Hardly surprising, is it.

Well, who (except the braindeads like Hadron, flatfish, DFS and other
assorted filth) would be dumb enough to respond to the most dishonest
poster of all of usenet, Snot Michael Glasser?

It is annoyingly enough when are resident KKK chamber "grand wizard" Rick
engages in his hundreds of posts nonsense threads with that cretin
--
Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall.

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 10:07:13 AM10/31/09
Tim Smith stated in post
reply_in_group-EDA...@news.supernews.com on 10/31/09 3:45 AM:

You are assuming, incorrectly, that I am saying there is a problem with it
being different than how OS X or Windows does it. I am not. What I said
the problem was:

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as
very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
consistent.

I also predicted:

Somehow, I am sure, this will be talked about as
a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS X. Who will be the
first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?

And you came pretty close to that. :)

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

DFS

Oct 31, 2009, 10:09:30 AM10/31/09
Peter K�hlmann wrote:

> It is annoyingly enough when are resident KKK chamber "grand wizard"
> Rick engages in his hundreds of posts nonsense threads with that
> cretin

As lame as he is, (p)Rick is a far better cola contributor than you,
dumbkopf.

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 10:08:56 AM10/31/09
Hadron stated in post hch7ce$sgh$3...@news.eternal-september.org on 10/31/09
4:34 AM:

TomB added some corrections to my comments... but even he admitted there
were inconsistencies he could not explain. We are left with the same
situation:

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as
very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
consistent.

And the same prediction:

Somehow, I am sure, this will be talked about as
a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS X. Who will be the
first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?

Why not just accept that Ubuntu is flawed here? Heck, people can say it is
not a big deal if they like, but why just deny it?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Peter Köhlmann

Oct 31, 2009, 10:08:21 AM10/31/09
Hadron wrote:

This excludes automatically threads in which you, flatfish, Ezekiel or
Snot Michael Glasser me-too and suck-up
--
Windows isn't unstable. It's spontaneous.

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 10:11:04 AM10/31/09
Chris Ahlstrom stated in post hch7e0$6p5$8...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/31/09 4:41 AM:

TomB gave a more detailed analysis... and concluded the same thing - there
are inconsistencies he cannot explain. Which leaves us where I said
originally:

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as
very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
consistent.

Why not just accept reality?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 10:11:48 AM10/31/09
Chris Ahlstrom stated in post hch7g9$6p5$9...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/31/09 4:43 AM:

> High Plains Thumper pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> Snit is supporting Hadron and Flatfish, because he has no other
>> friends. In CSMA, he uses sock puppets to keep company and break
>> the loneliness.
>
> They all do. They are angry and sad at the same time.

Keep in mind why you are lashing out. I noted, about Ubuntu:

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as
very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
consistent.

Why get so angry over that?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 10:12:02 AM10/31/09
Chris Ahlstrom stated in post hch7k6$6p5$1...@news.eternal-september.org on
10/31/09 4:45 AM:

> TomB pulled this Usenet boner:
>
>> On 2009-10-30, the following emerged from the brain of Chris Ahlstrom:
>>> Snit pulled this Usenet boner:
>>>
>>> I call bullshit.
>>
>> It is bullshit. In every single way. Notice how he just says 'it
>> fails'. Not a single word on how it fails. Nice cover.
>>
>> <discussion snipped>
>>
>> In any case, Snit was either lying or being completely ignorant when
>> he claimed that the X clipboards fails in gedit.
>
> And the "True Linux Advocate", "Hadron", steps in to "suck up" and "shill"
> for Snit, with a reach-around from flatfish.
>
> They are all vile trolls.

The topic that has Chris so worked up:

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as
very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
consistent.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 10:12:50 AM10/31/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post
7596a664-366f-49da...@e4g2000prn.googlegroups.com on 10/31/09
6:08 AM:

> Snit wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper stated:

>>> Snit is supporting Hadron and Flatfish,
>>
>> I support truth. You argue against me because truth is not
>> your friend.
>
> Lie.

Remember what has you so worked up you are lying and deflecting like a
crazed lemur. I noted, of Ubuntu:

To similar but different systems to do something as simple as
very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
consistent.

Weird how this gets you so angry.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 10:15:03 AM10/31/09
High Plains Thumper stated in post
7596a664-366f-49da...@e4g2000prn.googlegroups.com on 10/31/09
6:08 AM:

>> And later:

>> Just tested... select / middle click works in OpenOffice
>> Writer. It fails in gedit.
>
> I just did a copy from OpenOffice Writer to gedit with a mouse wheel
> click, it works. Which of the 8 buttons on Snit's 8-button mouse did
> Snit not use, LOL!
>
> Alternate and standard - Right click, select menu item, "Paste", it
> works, very user friendly. So now, mouse clicks have become big
> issues in Snit's imagination, interesting.
>
> Other alternate and faster - I use ^c to copy, ^x to cut, ^v to paste,
> these work both in OO and gedit both ways.
>
> As I stated previously, I have no problems with copying and pasting
> between GUI applications in the X-server. I also have no problems
> copying between GUI and command line. However, Snit seems to make a
> habit of taking very minor or non-existent issues and making them into
> large ones as an invention of his own mind.
>
>> To similar but different systems to do something as simple
>> as very basic copy and paste... neither of which is internally
>> consistent. Somehow, I am sure, this will be talked about as
>> a "benefit" of Ubuntu over Windows and OS X. Who will be the
>> first to try to twist reality to make it seem that way?
>
> "Internally Inconsistent" - this is an interesting term. It rings a
> bit of truth about Snit's trolling strategy:

It is called truth... and truth is not your friend.

TomB posted a more extensive description of the middle click paste - and he
concluded that it was inconsistent in ways that he could not explain. I
have a video showing the inconsistencies of the menu method. You have
repeatedly admitted you are not competent enough to follow the video.
Great. Why get so so angry at me about your own admitted incompetence?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Snit

Oct 31, 2009, 10:15:54 AM10/31/09
Hadron stated in post hchcu7$m7s$1...@news.eternal-september.org on 10/31/09
6:09 AM:

HPT did, however, *again* admit he was not competent enough to follow simple
directions in a video.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

William Poaster

Oct 31, 2009, 10:16:17 AM10/31/09
Above the wailing & moaning of the trolls,Peter K�hlmann was heard to
say:

Whereas the only "fraud" here is the self-admitted Hadron troll who
pretends to use Debian Linux, but is a M$ fanboi.

It is loading more messages.