[News] Microsoft's Full "Smoking Gun" (Evangelism is War) Up Online Now, as TEXT

1 view

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 18, 2008, 11:55:50 PM2/18/08
How to Get Your Platform Accepted as a Standard - Microsoft Style

,----[ Quote ]
| In the section of an internal manual on effective evangelism, written in 1997
| by James Plamondon, Technical Evangelist, he lays out an elaborate series of
| steps to get Microsoft's platforms accepted as de facto standards. Among the
| steps lists are working behind the scenes with supposedly independent but
| actually pliable and supportive analysts and consultants.
`----

Let's see how Microsoft likes it a week ahead of the 'precious' BRM. :-)

Related:

EU Initiates Investigation Against Microsoft OOXML Push

,----[ Quote ]
| But with Steve Ballmer taking over as CEO, there was supposed to be a kinder,
| gentler Microsoft - one that would play nicely with its competitors. When
| antitrust regulators in turn challenged this new Microsoft, it issued not
| challenges to fight to the end to prove that it had done nothing illegal, but
| statements promising to "cooperate fully."
|
| But at the same time, Microsoft is still a tough competitor. As Microsoft's
| Director of Corporate Standards Jason Matusow famously warned at his blog
| last year:
|
| Make no mistake; all parties are looking at the full picture to find
| strategies that will result in the outcome they desire. Provided - of
| course - that they do so within the context of the rules that apply to
| the process, this is exactly what one should expect to happen. It is
| going to be a very interesting next few months.
|
| Indeed, the months that followed proved to be interesting indeed. Microsoft
| said that some of its employees became over zealous, most flagrantly in
| Sweden, where marketing assists were promised to several business partners as
| incentives to join the national standards committee and vote for OOXM.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20080208082501776

EU Commission Investigating Microsoft's MSOOXML Push

,----[ Quote ]
| I hope they think to investigate the smear campaigns that seem to always
| happen to anyone on the other side from Microsoft. What happened to Peter
| Quinn was by no means unique.
`----

Corrupt countries were more likely to support the OOXML document format

,----[ Quote ]
| Is this just a random coincidence? The median of the CPI index of the above
| mentioned 70 countries is 3.95. Of the most corrupted half (CPI index less
| than 3.95) 23 or 77% voted for approval (approval or approval with comments)
| and 7 or 23% for disapproval; 5 abstained. Of the least corrupted half (CPI
| index more than 3.95) 13 or 54% voted for approval and 11 or 46% voted for
| disapproval; 11 abstained - see the table below.
`----

http://www.effi.org/blog/kai-2007-09-05.en.html

Microsoft accused of more OOXML standards fiddling

,----[ Quote ]
| However the 11 new countries are refusing to say how they will vote. These
| include Cote d'Ivoire, Cyprus, Ecuador, Jamaica, Lebanon, Malta, Pakistan,
| Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uruguay and Venezuela. Most people seem to think
| that these have been put there by Vole to make sure the standard gets pushed
| through.
`----

[H]omer

Feb 19, 2008, 2:45:38 PM2/19/08

> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20071023002351958

Excellent! Let the Google indexing commence.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
| make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
| - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

19:45:17 up 60 days, 17:21, 6 users, load average: 0.05, 0.09, 0.08

DFS

Feb 19, 2008, 2:55:03 PM2/19/08
[H]omer wrote:

>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20071023002351958
>
> Excellent! Let the Google indexing commence.

Look [C]lown - you and Roy have outed MS' agenda! Again!

What sleuths and soothsayers you both are!

Troy Kirkland

Feb 19, 2008, 2:54:39 PM2/19/08

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message

> How to Get Your Platform Accepted as a Standard - Microsoft Style
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | In the section of an internal manual on effective evangelism, written in
> 1997
> | by James Plamondon, Technical Evangelist,

1997 !!!!!

The last millenium called. They want their 10 year old news story back.

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 19, 2008, 3:12:45 PM2/19/08
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:45:38 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=200710723002351958

> Excellent! Let the Google indexing commence.

Like I said.
Roy is all about seeding google.

BTW that article is 10 years old???
You guys are REALLY getting desperate.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 19, 2008, 3:13:24 PM2/19/08

I've been saying it and now they finally admit it!

Thanks [Homer]......

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 19, 2008, 7:45:17 PM2/19/08
____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 19 February 2008 19:45 : \____

>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20071023002351958
>
> Excellent! Let the Google indexing commence.

I think the PDF had the text extractable already, but PJ makes it more visible.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Previous signature has been conceded
Tasks: 131 total, 1 running, 129 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie