Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

Sherlock Holmes has nothing to fear from 'Dr.' Schestowitz

0 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Tim Smith

ongelezen,
15 apr 2010, 13:55:4215-04-2010
aan

Roy has concluded that the Computer & Communications Industry
Association (CCIA), whose members include Google, Oracle, and Redhat,
and that has advocated for ODF over OOXML and long been a thorn in
Microsoft's side, is just a front organization for Microsoft.

His "reasoning"? CCIA was pushing antitrust claims against Microsoft,
and Microsoft agreed to settle, paying CCIA $20 million. Hence, CCIA
took money from Microsoft, and so now must be a Microsoft front!

--
--Tim Smith

Hadron

ongelezen,
15 apr 2010, 14:55:1315-04-2010
aan
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

Is he calling himself Dr Spamowitz again?

He's as bad as that foul mouthed kid who keeps showing off his
degree thinking it somehow adds more substance to his confused and ill
informed ramblings. LOL. He once claimed University courses in CS would
not do compiler design and implementation. Batterwell or something I
think his name is.

Moshe

ongelezen,
17 apr 2010, 15:57:1917-04-2010
aan
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:55:13 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:
>
>> Roy has concluded that the Computer & Communications Industry
>> Association (CCIA), whose members include Google, Oracle, and Redhat,
>> and that has advocated for ODF over OOXML and long been a thorn in
>> Microsoft's side, is just a front organization for Microsoft.
>>
>> His "reasoning"? CCIA was pushing antitrust claims against Microsoft,
>> and Microsoft agreed to settle, paying CCIA $20 million. Hence, CCIA
>> took money from Microsoft, and so now must be a Microsoft front!
>
> Is he calling himself Dr Spamowitz again?

Sounds kind of funny.

> He's as bad as that foul mouthed kid who keeps showing off his
> degree thinking it somehow adds more substance to his confused and ill
> informed ramblings. LOL. He once claimed University courses in CS would
> not do compiler design and implementation. Batterwell or something I
> think his name is.

Actually Roy Schestowitz *did* earn his degree, according to my
sources.

I'll give him credit for sticking with it and earning his advanced
degree. He must be quite a focused person to be able to manage all
of this at once.

It's an accomplishment that he has every right to be proud of and
I'm sure his family are proud of him as well.

Well done Roy, honestly.

Tim Smith

ongelezen,
17 apr 2010, 20:37:4417-04-2010
aan
In article <1xc4s6nnuyi0j.y6xmsgu480vs$.d...@40tude.net>,

Moshe <goldee_l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually Roy Schestowitz *did* earn his degree, according to my
> sources.
>
> I'll give him credit for sticking with it and earning his advanced
> degree. He must be quite a focused person to be able to manage all
> of this at once.
>
> It's an accomplishment that he has every right to be proud of and
> I'm sure his family are proud of him as well.
>
> Well done Roy, honestly.

The question, though, is whether he'll do anything with it, or just use
it to decorate his name.

His field seems to be related to medical imaging. That's a very hot
field right now, at least mathematically, attracting the interest of
such top mathematicians as Terence Tao. It's shaping up to be just the
kind of area a young researcher would want to be working if, if he were
smart.

--
--Tim Smith

Moshe

ongelezen,
17 apr 2010, 21:11:1017-04-2010
aan
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:37:44 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <1xc4s6nnuyi0j.y6xmsgu480vs$.d...@40tude.net>,
> Moshe <goldee_l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually Roy Schestowitz *did* earn his degree, according to my
>> sources.
>>
>> I'll give him credit for sticking with it and earning his advanced
>> degree. He must be quite a focused person to be able to manage all
>> of this at once.
>>
>> It's an accomplishment that he has every right to be proud of and
>> I'm sure his family are proud of him as well.
>>
>> Well done Roy, honestly.
>
> The question, though, is whether he'll do anything with it, or just use
> it to decorate his name.

I suspect he has been sucked in by the thought of journalism along
with activism.

That's kool as long as he reports accurately.

I earned a BSEE was well into an MSEE in physics and decided it
wasn't for me.

> His field seems to be related to medical imaging. That's a very hot
> field right now, at least mathematically, attracting the interest of
> such top mathematicians as Terence Tao. It's shaping up to be just the
> kind of area a young researcher would want to be working if, if he were
> smart.

Roy is book smart, I have no doubt.
What he lacks is common sense.

0 nieuwe berichten