GNU/Linux Market Share at 35%?

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 18, 2008, 1:44:18 AM2/18/08
That's what boycottnovell.com says (2007-2008):

| Month Linux market share (NOT including "N/A"/"Unknown"/
| "Other"/agent spoofing/proxies)
|
| Jan 2007 33.2 %
| Feb 2007 32.8 %
| Mar 2007 33.7 %
| Apr 2007 33 %
| May 2007 31.1 %
| Jun 2007 36.5 %
| Jul 2007 30.9 %
| Aug 2007 36.4 %
| Sep 2007 36.6 %
| Oct 2007 36.8 %
| Nov 2007 38.1 %
| Dec 2007 31.1%
| Jan 2088 30.3 %
| Feb 2008 35.6 %

Hmmmm... maybe all those Web 'surveys' are simply looking at the wrong Web
sites or not taking account of them. You think...?

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 18, 2008, 12:04:02 PM2/18/08

Amazing.
You've hit a new low Roy Schestowitz.

You post a sensationalist headline and then you use one of your own hate
bloggs as "proof" of your claims.

It looks like you spent a little time with vi to me.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

Clyde Wrinkle

Feb 18, 2008, 12:11:16 PM2/18/08

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message

> That's what boycottnovell.com says (2007-2008):
>
> | Month Linux market share (NOT including "N/A"/"Unknown"/
> | "Other"/agent spoofing/proxies)

<snip - bullshit>

So today market share can be measured for a free product. It must be the
3rd monday of the month because usually your employers pays you to say that
market share can't be measured for linux.

> Hmmmm... maybe all those Web 'surveys' are simply looking at the wrong
> Web
> sites or not taking account of them. You think...?

-- "That's what boycottnovell.com says (2007-2008):"

Wow. All this from one anti-MS website named "boycottnovell.com" - You
can't get more accurate than that!!!

Yet more proof that Roy Schestowitz is a mental retard.

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 18, 2008, 12:43:49 PM2/18/08
Clyde Wrinkle wrote:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message
>> That's what boycottnovell.com says (2007-2008):
>>
>> | Month Linux market share (NOT including "N/A"/"Unknown"/
>> | "Other"/agent spoofing/proxies)
>> |
> <snip - bullshit>
>>

> So today market share can be measured for a free product. It must be the
> 3rd monday of the month because usually your employers pays you to say
> that market share can't be measured for linux.

It can be measured. For a group like the top500.
For getting the number of desktop users or even servers, it is next to
impossible. Even the number of windows users is unknown, the only thing
clear is that it is way below the "official" MS numbers.

But then, you should have known that and instead chose to act the village
idiot

--
"The number of Unix installations has grown to ten, with more expected"
-- The Unix programmers handbook, 1972

Clyde Wrinkle

Feb 18, 2008, 12:51:06 PM2/18/08

"Peter Köhlmann" <peter.k...@t-online.de> wrote in message

> Clyde Wrinkle wrote:
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote in message
>>> That's what boycottnovell.com says (2007-2008):

>> <snip - bullshit>
>>>

>> So today market share can be measured for a free product. It must be the
>> 3rd monday of the month because usually your employers pays you to say
>> that market share can't be measured for linux.

> It can be measured. For a group like the top500.
> For getting the number of desktop users or even servers, it is next to
> impossible. Even the number of windows users is unknown, the only thing
> clear is that it is way below the "official" MS numbers.

Good to see that you agree that the 35% figure Roy Schestowitz pulled out
of his ass is pure bullshit.

Since he's not measuring the "top 500 supercomputers" but simply relying on
his own anti-MS website to claim that linux has 35% marketshare.

Yes, we both agree that Roy Schestowitz is a idiot in search of a clue.