COLA Stats: Saturday the 9th of February, 2008.

[H]omer

Feb 9, 2008, 2:41:19 AM2/9/08
ngstats.pl version 1.26

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 1646 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

Pos Poster Msgs Bytes Quoted
1. Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> 405 1536093 4%
2. Rick <no...@nomail.com> 252 463640 87%
3. Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> 125 117345 58%
4. Mark Kent <mark...@demon.co.uk> 89 1752893 4%
5. Jim Richardson <war...@eskimo.com> 88 162950 79%
6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.K...@t-online.de> 67 99149 74%
7. RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> 58 40503 47%
8. [H]omer <sp...@uce.gov> 57 71614 18%
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> 57 31915 59%
10. William Poaster <w...@leafnode.amd64.eu> 53 56552 79%
11. The Ghost In The Machine <ew...@sirius.tg00suus 42 127697 59%
12. Tattoo Vampire <sit...@this.computer> 33 8262 55%
13. tha...@tux.glaci.delete-this.com 32 40828 40%
14. Jerry McBride <jmcb...@mail-on.us> 23 19601 69%
15. 7 <website_...@www.enemygadgets.com> 19 33010 62%
Gregory Shearman <ZekeG...@netscape.net> 19 21402 82%
17. Rex Ballard <rex.b...@gmail.com> 17 48006 27%
Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> 17 6141 25%
19. Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> 15 20130 75%
20. Thufir <hawat....@gmail.com> 14 7822 65%
21. nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu <nes...@wigner.ber 13 35441 4%
22. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid. 12 47735 22%
John Locke <johnloc...@comcast.net> 12 11587 66%
24. Handover Phist <ja...@jason.websterscafe.com> 11 26033 78%
25. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@YOUKNOWTHEDRILLcomcast 9 14347 82%
Gordon <gbpl...@gmail.com.invalid> 9 3760 54%
Sinister Midget <fardb...@gmail.com> 9 12108 63%
alt <spam...@lazyeyez.net> 9 9056 64%
Ewik FUDenbusch 9 8577 44%
30. spi...@freenet.co.uk 7 4782 60%
Toplist of Subjects

Pos Subject Msgs Bytes
1. UBUNTU LINUX 404 723377
2. Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Wi 59 48039
3. The Distro Regulation Committee 38 27112
4. Open Source Saved Me $100,000.00! 31 34790
5. Why do you use GNU/Linux? What keeps you enthused? 26 26160
6. Microsoft is ready to oust Yahoo! board to achieve 25 28770
Vista only worth $10 Dollars says amicus fuddie .. 25 25992
8. [News] [Rival] Is Microsoft Secretly Low on Cash? 23 45201
9. Perfect Projects 21 26967
10. [Rival] Microsoft's Windows Vista Found to Be Not 20 35041
11. Microsoft ass-dragging 18 17105
Creating a new Linux distro... 18 28204
13. Why do you use GNU/Linux? What keeps you enthused 16 19482
[News] Microsoft's OOXML Forcefeeding Strategy Inc 16 21052
COLA Stats: Saturday the 2nd of February, 2008. 16 29871
[News] New GCC is Here, Firefox 3 is Near, PHP 4 N 16 14859
17. [News] Nokia is Snogging the Convicted Monopolist 15 21938
18. [News] [Rival] Where Has All That Claimed Microsof 14 36127
What is 4PMF 14 27227
20. The newcomer to Linux 13 18889
Linux on the desktop 13 40291
22. Linux 64Bit 11 12997
23. 1 million Linux gadgets a day 10 10243
[Troll feed] Drive Free Software and Linux 10 13998
raylopez99 amazes us all with his analysis of econ 10 17820
Another Difficulty for a Microsoft-Yahoo Marriage: 10 10561
27. [News] SCO Becomes Small Business, Outlook Very Gr 9 8292
[News] [Rival] New Zealand TV Scammed by Microsoft 9 14306
Snit snips some more, but what? 9 7972
MICROS~1 innovates DEP .. 9 7051
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

Pos Poster Msgs
1. Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> 94
2. Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> 52
3. Mark Kent <mark...@demon.co.uk> 49
4. [H]omer <sp...@uce.gov> 41
5. chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> 30
6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.K...@t-online.de> 28
7. tha...@tux.glaci.delete-this.com 26
8. Jerry McBride <jmcb...@mail-on.us> 24
9. Rick <no...@nomail.com> 22
10. RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> 21
11. William Poaster <w...@leafnode.amd64.eu> 20
12. Jim Richardson <war...@eskimo.com> 18
13. Tattoo Vampire <sit...@this.computer> 15
The Ghost In The Machine <ew...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net> 15
nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu <nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu> 15
16. John Locke <johnloc...@comcast.net> 10
Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> 10
18. Rex Ballard <rex.b...@gmail.com> 9
19. Gregory Shearman <ZekeG...@netscape.net> 8
Steve <tink...@gmail.com> 8
21. Gordon <gbpl...@gmail.com.invalid> 7
Handover Phist <ja...@jason.websterscafe.com> 7
Tony(UK) <tony_s...@hotmailnocrap.com> 7
24. 7 <website_...@www.enemygadgets.com> 6
Thufir <hawat....@gmail.com> 6
26. Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> 5
Sinister Midget <fardb...@gmail.com> 5
Paul K. McKneely <pkmck...@sbcglobal.net> 5
Ewik FUDenbusch 5
Robin T Cox <nom...@nomail.net> 5
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

Pos Poster Msgs %
1. Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> 3 2
2. chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> 1 2
alt <spam...@lazyeyez.net> 1 11
spi...@freenet.co.uk 1 14
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

Pos Poster Index
1. Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> 151
2. Rick <no...@nomail.com> 110
3. nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu <nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu> 87
4. Mark Kent <mark...@demon.co.uk> 83
5. Linonut <lin...@bollsouth.nut> 77
6. [H]omer <sp...@uce.gov> 74
7. RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> 72
Jim Richardson <war...@eskimo.com> 72
9. Rex Ballard <rex.b...@gmail.com> 70
Jerry McBride <jmcb...@mail-on.us> 70
Doug Mentohl <doug_m...@linuxmail.org> 70
12. High Plains Thumper <highplai...@invalid.invalid> 68
13. The Ghost In The Machine <ew...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net> 67
14. chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> 66
tha...@tux.glaci.delete-this.com 66
16. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.K...@t-online.de> 65
Tattoo Vampire <sit...@this.computer> 65
18. William Poaster <w...@leafnode.amd64.eu> 63
19. Gordon <gbpl...@gmail.com.invalid> 62
20. 7 <website_...@www.enemygadgets.com> 60
Sinister Midget <fardb...@gmail.com> 60
Thufir <hawat....@gmail.com> 60
23. John Locke <johnloc...@comcast.net> 59
24. Kier <val...@tiscali.co.uk> 58
25. Gregory Shearman <ZekeG...@netscape.net> 57
26. Tom Shelton <tom_s...@YOUKNOWTHEDRILLcomcast.net> 56
Handover Phist <ja...@jason.websterscafe.com> 56
28. spi...@freenet.co.uk 54
alt <spam...@lazyeyez.net> 54
30. Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjar...@gmail.com> 50
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

Pos Poster Msgs
1. A Gnu World Order <ag...@no.spam> 2
Toplist of Newsreaders

Pos Newsreader Msgs
1. KNode 648
2. slrn 376
3. Pan 250
4. Thunderbird 151
5. Forte Agent 66
6. G2/1.0 55
7. tin 42
8. Xnews 33
9. 40tude_Dialog 9
10. Microsoft Outlook Express 5
11. trn 3
12. Unison 1
COLA Stats Engine 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
c) number of direct followups posters articles get
d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
e) 75 deducted for known trolls
f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "There would be in the license, a caveat which forbids publishing a
| distro until it has been approved by an OSS committee." ~ Comrade
| Hardon Quirk, communist party member.
`----

07:41:03 up 50 days, 5:16, 5 users, load average: 0.76, 0.30, 0.19

DFS

Feb 9, 2008, 6:06:00 AM2/9/08
[H]omer wrote:
> ngstats.pl version 1.26
>
> Written by Roy Culley.
> Contributions from Mark Kent.
> Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

Warning: these "stats" are manipulated by [O]SS [L]owlife [H]omer the
[W]hining [H]ypocrite to remove posters and/or subjects he doesn't like. In
no way are they a reflection of the posting activity of
comp.os.linux.advocacy.

The 'Toplist of Posters' is a lie.
The 'Toplist of Subjects' is a lie.
The 'Toplist of Most Replied To Posters' is a lie.
The 'Toplist of Troll Feeders' is a lie.
The 'Toplist of 'Quality' Posters' is a fiasco.
The 'Toplist of Newsreaders' is a lie.

Tappit Hen

Feb 9, 2008, 8:27:51 AM2/9/08

I agree. The stats are all but useless. By not including posts from
trolls [H]omer's stats do not reflect COLA at all. This was not done
previously I think.

[H]omer, if you can't post stats without such huge bias what is the
point? At least there is another stats posted each week which reflects
posts to this newsgroup accurately.

Hadron

Feb 9, 2008, 9:10:06 AM2/9/08
"DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes:

Rick is a "quality" poster? Even he would doubt that I suspect. Unless
posting "no, you smell" rejoinders to Snit now counts as "quality" in
COLA. Although it would explain why so many advocates think that all OSS
GUI apps are "high quality".

William Poaster

Feb 9, 2008, 9:08:32 AM2/9/08
Tappit Hen wrote:

Good, well you read that one instead, & play with the wintrolls like DFS. AFAIC
(& others) they have no place in COLA nor in the stats.

--
Free-BSD 7.0, PC-BSD 1.4
Linux systems: PCLOS 2007, Mandrake One 2008,

Linonut

Feb 9, 2008, 9:34:00 AM2/9/08
* Tappit Hen peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> The 'Toplist of Troll Feeders' is a lie.
>

> I agree. The stats are all but useless. By not including posts from
> trolls [H]omer's stats do not reflect COLA at all. This was not done
> previously I think.
>
> [H]omer, if you can't post stats without such huge bias what is the
> point? At least there is another stats posted each week which reflects
> posts to this newsgroup accurately.

At least add a "Toplist of Trolls".

--
Probably the most dangerous and powerful industrialist of our age.
-- Scott McNealy, of Sun Microsystems

Linonut

Feb 9, 2008, 9:34:35 AM2/9/08
* William Poaster peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> The 'Toplist of Posters' is a lie.
>>> The 'Toplist of Subjects' is a lie.
>>> The 'Toplist of Most Replied To Posters' is a lie.
>>> The 'Toplist of Troll Feeders' is a lie.
>>> The 'Toplist of 'Quality' Posters' is a fiasco.
>>> The 'Toplist of Newsreaders' is a lie.
>>

>> [H]omer, if you can't post stats without such huge bias what is the
>> point? At least there is another stats posted each week which reflects
>> posts to this newsgroup accurately.
>
> Good, well you read that one instead, & play with the wintrolls like DFS. AFAIC
> (& others) they have no place in COLA nor in the stats.

But that /are/ here. The least we can do is count them <grin>.

--
There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion
held in contempt.

Tappit Hen

Feb 9, 2008, 9:28:14 AM2/9/08

Then at least [H]omer should drop the troll feeders and 'quality'
stats as they are meaningless. Better drop the stats completely as
they are now meaningless. It is feeding the trolls by posting biased
stats. For once DFS is correct - miraculous as that may seem.

cc

Feb 9, 2008, 9:36:27 AM2/9/08
On Feb 9, 2:41 am, "[H]omer" <s...@uce.gov> wrote:

> .----
> | "There would be in the license, a caveat which forbids publishing a
> | distro until it has been approved by an OSS committee." ~ Comrade
> | Hardon Quirk, communist party member.
> `----

How is that statement communist? If anything, that's U.S. capitalism.

Anonymous Sender

Feb 9, 2008, 9:55:05 AM2/9/08
Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy. 2/9/2008 8:45:36 AM

Not written by nymshifting asshole Roy Culley.
No contributions from Mark Kent.
No modifications by cunt [H]omer, 2007.

Number of threads ................... 490
Number of articles .................. 3217
Average articles per thread ......... 6.57
Number of unanswered posts .......... 309

Top Threads

Ranking Articles Subject
------- -------- ----------------------------
1 851 UBUNTU LINUX
2 104 Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing Windows...
3 75 Why do you use GNU/Linux? What keeps you enthused?
4 73 Windows now underprices free
5 70 Re: Rabid and over zealous hate of Microsoft Drive Free Software and Linux
6 65 Re: Open Source Saved Me $100,000.00!
7 64 The Distro Regulation Committee
8 56 Leaders of The Linux Movement In Action. See Them Here!
9 49 Microsoft is ready to oust Yahoo! board to achieve swift takeover
10 45 Linux Lusers protested the release of Win98
11 43 [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Windows Vista Found to Be Not Secure
12 43 Linux on the desktop
13 38 [News] [Rival] Is Microsoft Secretly Low on Cash? (Reuters)
14 38 Microsoft ass-dragging
15 36 Linux STILL has Font Problems. 10 Years later?,alt.os.windows-xp,
16 34 The newcomer to Linux
17 33 Perfect Projects
18 29 Re: Mac vs. Linux... why?
19 26 Ubuntu developers agree that Linux is NOT as good as Microsoft
20 26 [News] [Rival] Where Has All That Claimed Microsoft Money Gone???
21 26 [News] Nokia is Snogging the Convicted Monopolist
22 25 Re: Windows and VB: making Linux\OSS look slow, difficult and amateurish
23 24 [News] [Rival] Claimed 'Profits' Do Not Tell Microsoft's True Story
24 24 Creating a new Linux distro...
25 23 1 million Linux gadgets a day
26 23 Re: What is 4PMF
27 21 Major Linux event coming in 2019!
28 21 Dell - Now down to only 3 PCs with Ubuntu
29 20 Re: COLA Stats: Saturday the 2nd of February, 2008.
30 20 [News] New GCC is Here, Firefox 3 is Near, PHP 4 Near EOL
31 19 [News] Ruby.NET is Shutting Down
32 19 [News] Microsoft's OOXML Forcefeeding Strategy Includes Deprecation
33 18 Toolbars Galore!
34 17 Re: [News] SCO Becomes Small Business, Outlook Very Grim
35 17 Linus Torvalds Says Leopard OSX is CRAP! Vista is much better...
36 16 MICROSOFT: KEEP YOUR EVlL GRUBBY HANDS OFF OF OUR FLICKR
37 15 Re: Roy Schestowtiz Flushes Again (Another linux homophobe)
38 15 COLA Trolls Also Reside in Slashdot, Post as "Anonymous Coward"
39 14 Linux 64Bit
40 14 Microsoft to eat FreeBSD dog food?
41 14 Closed source: 6x better than open source
42 14 Re: Microsoft surrenders to Linux - Virtualization
43 14 Linux market share (from my access_log)
44 13 Another Difficulty for a Microsoft-Yahoo Marriage: Recruiting
45 13 MICROS~1 innovates DEP ..
46 13 [News] OpenMono Reached by Several Phone Platforms and Vice Versa
47 13 Why Does Microsoft Really Want Yahoo?
48 13 [News] Red Hat CEO Challenges Microsoft to Actually Name Patents
49 12 Linux users - Legends in their own mind
50 12 [News] Microsoft is Dumping, Charity Killer (Intel) is Supportive of It
51 11 [News] Yahoo/Microsoft Bid Appears to Fail, Microsoft Takes Plunge
52 11 Re: Uninstall Ubuntu Hardy Alpha 3
53 11 [News] MSBBC Still Gives Linux the Finger, Fails to keep Promises
54 10 COLA Statistics, 03 Feb 2008
55 10 Re: raylopez99 amazes us all with his analysis of economic theory ..
56 10 [News] [Rival] New Zealand TV Scammed by Microsoft, Quits Windows DRM
57 9 Microsoft Claimed to Be Astro-turfing in CNET
58 9 Schestowitz on the Bowl...Brace Yourselves!!! 2.7.2008 PM
59 9 Test
60 9 Ubuntu menus
61 9 Call for Wish Lists: CFV4e-based PC and OS
62 9 Great Linux Demo
63 9 [News] SCO is Dying, Long Live Debian
64 8 [News] OLPC Wins an Award, GNU/Linux Proven Very Simple
65 8 Re: Microsoft: 'OOXML will not become ISO standard'
66 8 Schestowitz Complains About Search Engine Poisoning.
67 8 Re: [News] French Police Moves to GNU/Linux!!
68 8 [News] Linux Kernel Evolves Super-quickly, According to Corbet
69 8 Re: Mark Kent continues to prove he's an idiot
70 8 Re: Boost versus TBB
71 8 [News] [Rival] RIP Microsoft ActiveX (Government Wants ActiveX Off)?
72 7 [News] Trend Micro Earned Itself as Boycott by Suing Free Software
73 7 [News] OOXML Another Internet Explorer-like Disaster Waiting to Happen
74 7 Re: Shit just quieted down
75 7 Re: COLA Stats: Saturday the 2nd of February, 2008.
76 7 Re: New Marketshare Numbers - OSX 7.57% / Linux 0.67%
77 7 Linux: freezes, then trashes your work, then requires a reboot
78 7 [News] TrueCrypt 5.0 and the GNU/Linux GUI
79 7 [News] Free Software Steretypes End With a Survey
80 6 [News] Torvalds' Git is Becoming a 'Standard', Heavy Development Work in Progress
81 6 15 Minutes
82 6 [News] [Rival] Yahoo Doesn't Want Microsoft, Seeks Alternatives
83 6 [News] Mac User and Reviewer: Eee PC's Linux Easier to Use Than a Mac
84 6 [News] [Rival] Don't Ever Touch Windows Vista If You Like Audio
85 6 Re: BREAKING: Michael Dell drops Linux
86 6 More Linux Fragmentation. Now the Leaders Themselves Are Fragmenting.
87 6 COLA Asstroturfer Stats
88 6 Re: Linux video game evolution
89 6 Editor Of Linux Today /Linux Planet Calls Roy Schestowitz A BullShit Artist..
90 6 [News] [Rival] Microsoft Lost Grasp with Vista, XBox; Lost Grasp of Windows Zombies
91 5 [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Bid As Proof That the Microsoft Stack is Pants?
92 5 Asus EEE - 98 of 113 people agree. Dump Linux and install Windows!
93 5 RMS decided to switch to Child's laptop and ditch his old Thinkpad
94 5 Re: Microsoft makes last-gasp OOXML push
95 5 [News] Oh My God! Vista's Marketing Chief Jumps Ship, Joins the Exodus
96 5 [News] EU investigating Microsoft's abuse of ISO standards body over OOXML
97 5 Linux: spontaneously reboots
98 5 [News] KDE's Krita Named a Good Alternative to Proprietary Software
99 5 Re: Why Microsoft (and Its Shills) Lie About Linux Installed Base
100 5 Re: MICROS~1 trolls are scared shitless of Open Source
101 4 Is it a dead end?
102 4 [News] OLPC in India Called a Success
103 4 The devil is in the details...
104 4 Re: [News] GPL vs BSD vs Exploitation by Predatory Monopoly
105 4 Fate of Zimbra
106 4 Schestowitz On The Bowl..Pulling the lever! 02.04.2008
107 4 NEWS - Linux, as popular as mayo-doused pizza
108 4 whole Linux market leeches on the Windows installed base ..
109 4 Re: [News] Microsoft Uses the Big Lie Propaganda Technique Against GNU/Linux
110 4 Re: [News] Torvalds Hates DRM (But Likes Tivoization)
111 4 see flatties holiday snaps ..
112 4 The Linux Community In Action....The Video...(Hope You Linux Nuts Can View This With Linux, haha!)

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name
------- -------- ----------------------------
1 439 Snit
2 384 Roy Schestowitz
3 365 Moshe Goldfarb
4 262 Hadron
5 253 Rick
6 132 Linonut
7 98 Jim Richardson
8 94 Mark Kent
9 77 Peter Köhlmann
10 67 chrisv
11 62 RonB
12 58 William Poaster
13 56 The Ghost In The Machine
14 56 [H]omer
15 50 tha...@tux.glaci.delete-this.com
16 50 amicus_curious
17 49 DFS
18 40 Mustafa Korn
19 35 Tattoo Vampire
20 27 Gregory Shearman
21 26 Doug Mentohl
22 25 Jerry McBride
23 23 Rex Ballard
24 23 7
25 22 Tim Smith
26 17 John Locke
27 15 nes...@wigner.berkeley.edu
28 15 Handover Phist
29 15 High Plains Thumper
30 14 Thufir
31 14 JEDIDIAH
32 14 Kier
33 12 Sinister Midget
34 11 Cross Posting HO
35 11 cc
36 10 Kelsey Bjarnason
37 10 NG
38 10 Clogwog
39 10 Duncan Meyer
40 10 alt
41 9 Gordon
42 9 AZ Nomad
43 9 Tom Shelton
44 8 Erik Funkenbusch
45 7 spi...@freenet.co.uk
46 7 Grodon
47 7 Robin T Cox
48 7 Anonymous
49 5 Stephan Rose
50 5 Damp Squid
51 5 philo
52 4 Matt
53 4 Tappit Hen
54 4 ray
55 4 Alexander Terekhov
56 4 Toby Snyder
57 3 birre
58 3 Peter B. P.
59 3 ed
60 3 PeterBP
61 3 Beowulf.Tr...@gmail.com
62 3 Paul Hovnanian P.E.
63 3 Ignoramus7342
64 3 the wharf rat
65 3 Brock Alexander
66 3 OK
67 2 Sean Inglis
68 2 Richard Rasker
69 2 none) (Byron Jeff
70 2 peterwn
71 2 Paul K. McKneely
72 2 Nomen Nescio
73 2 Megadave
74 2 Meat Plow
75 2 A Gnu World Order
76 2 rogerk...@yahoo.co.uk
77 2 Martha Adams
78 2 Hans
79 2 Timberwoof
80 2 Thomas Armagost
81 2 Borked Pseudo Mailed
82 2 Anonymous Sender
83 2 vasantha.prabhu
84 2 cheapfor...@yahoo.cn
85 2 David Orriss Jr
86 2 gotroot
87 2 Frank
88 2 Sibold Bargehassus

Top Newsreaders

Ranking Articles Newsreader
------- -------- ----------------------------
1 663 KNode
2 442 slrn
3 431 Microsoft-Entourage
4 374 40tude_Dialog
5 270 pan
6 263 Gnus
7 131 Thunderbird
8 124 Microsoft Outlook Express
9 120 G2
10 81 Forte Agent
11 60 tin
12 58 Mozilla
13 55 Microsoft Windows Mail
14 34 Xnews
15 28 MT-NewsWatcher
16 6 Unison
17 5 trn
18 4 MacSOUP
19 1 XanaNews
20 1 COLA Stats Engine

Snit

Feb 9, 2008, 11:11:43 AM2/9/08
"Hadron" <hadro...@googlemail.com> stated in post
fokc82$9nh$5...@registered.motzarella.org on 2/9/08 7:10 AM:

Hey, Rick has figured out how to copy and paste the same BS claim over and
over about how Linux itself has no real problems it is all external things
that prevent it from getting more than 1% of the desktop user base.

--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
--Albert Einstein

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 11:23:24 AM2/9/08

Absolutely!

Some words for [Homer] :

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 11:24:38 AM2/9/08

Because [Homer] is yet another Linux phony, just like Roy Schestowitz who
is using this group for his own self serving purpose.

For [Homer]:

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 11:27:16 AM2/9/08

[Homer] is a complete liar.
These stats prove it.

Compare them to the REAL stats that come out Sat nite or Sun morning.
It's not even close.
And I believe you CAN get the source code for that script.

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 11:28:33 AM2/9/08

They only have like 5 Linux advocates so what do you expect?
FWIW Rick is pretty decent. He's just involved in a brawl with snit and
it's gotten out of hand.

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 11:33:52 AM2/9/08
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 14:08:32 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

And Mussolini has no place in Italian history?

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 11:41:59 AM2/9/08
On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 07:41:19 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

> ngstats.pl version 1.26
>
> Written by Roy Culley.
> Contributions from Mark Kent.
> Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

Snit

Feb 9, 2008, 11:46:40 AM2/9/08
"Moshe Goldfarb" <brick....@gmail.com> stated in post
1dzgul8lmqfq6$.10dql6i42d3em$.d...@40tude.net on 2/9/08 9:28 AM:

> On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 15:10:06 +0100, Hadron wrote:

>>> Warning: these "stats" are manipulated by [O]SS [L]owlife [H]omer the
>>> [W]hining [H]ypocrite to remove posters and/or subjects he doesn't like. In
>>> no way are they a reflection of the posting activity of
>>> comp.os.linux.advocacy.
>>>
>>> The 'Toplist of Posters' is a lie.
>>> The 'Toplist of Subjects' is a lie.
>>> The 'Toplist of Most Replied To Posters' is a lie.
>>> The 'Toplist of Troll Feeders' is a lie.
>>> The 'Toplist of 'Quality' Posters' is a fiasco.
>>> The 'Toplist of Newsreaders' is a lie.
>>>

>> Rick is a "quality" poster? Even he would doubt that I suspect. Unless
>> posting "no, you smell" rejoinders to Snit now counts as "quality" in
>> COLA. Although it would explain why so many advocates think that all OSS
>> GUI apps are "high quality".
>
> They only have like 5 Linux advocates so what do you expect?
> FWIW Rick is pretty decent. He's just involved in a brawl with snit and
> it's gotten out of hand.

He can be more reasonable than he has been. When he gets in over his head,
though, he handles himself very poorly. I admit I play on that weakness of
his and have some fun.

> For [Homer] :
>
> http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg
>
> When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
> comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?
>
> You expect others to do it.
>
> Why don't you follow your own advice?
>
> [Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

--
The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

[H]omer

Feb 9, 2008, 11:48:43 AM2/9/08
Verily I say unto thee, that Tappit Hen spake thusly:

> Better drop the stats completely as they are now meaningless.

Better drop yourself in front of a moving train, as /you/ are a
meaningless fucking prick.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
| make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
| - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

16:46:56 up 50 days, 14:22, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

[H]omer

Feb 9, 2008, 11:46:19 AM2/9/08
Verily I say unto thee, that Tappit Hen spake thusly:

> I agree. The stats are all but useless.

I see. And what deeply essential purpose did you have in mind for the
Troll posts in COLA, that make the Troll-free stats so useless to you?

> By not including posts from trolls [H]omer's stats do not reflect
> COLA at all.

Certainly they don't reflect the /Trolls/ at all, which is precisely my
intent.

> This was not done previously I think.

I have zero interest in what others may or may not have done previously.

> [H]omer, if you can't post stats without such huge bias what is the
> point?

The "point" is to reflect the statistics for *advocacy* in this
*advocacy* newsgroup, not further propagate the Trolls lies which are
designed to sabotage this group. Why do /you/ apparently have such a
"huge bias" towards defending the Trolls?

If there were a thousand posts per day from a Viagra spammer, would you
criticise me for omitting /those/ from the stats too? Frankly, Viagra
spam would be preferable to the shit the Trolls spew into this group
ever day. But apparently you /want/ that ... it's essential that you eat
shit every day, then for dessert you want to have that same shit
repeated in a nice stats post, so that all those nice people who
killfiled that crap in the first place, have to read it anyway. Well
fuck you, and fuck the Trolls whose arse's accommodate your overinflated
skull.

> At least there is another stats posted each week which reflects posts
> to this newsgroup accurately.

Oh, thank God for that then. Wouldn't want to miss all those lies posted
by the Trolls, would we?

Well as you're so desperate to see the Trolls garbage propagated even
further, then by all means I'll post it here just for you. I'm sure
you'll enjoy reading it immensely. This is just a small snippet from the
killfile:

'I feel sorry for Mark Kent'
"Linux users named a 'cult' by savvy IT reporter"
'Queen Elizabeth of England'
'chrisv adds nothing as usual'
'Army Adds Macs (and ignores Linux) To Improve Security'
'Why does Roy ignore IBM?'
'Giving Roy the benefit of the doubt'
'[H]omer proves he.s a loser!!!'
'200 freeloaders doing'
'Reboot mysteriously fixes Linux memory errors'
'Linux is virusware'
'conspiracy theorists and open source'
'Linux takes many years, if not decades, to lern'
'I deleted Open Office today'
"OLPC: designing cow-powered systems"
"Linux on the Desktop: like a dog humping a table leg"
'Careful! Or Linux will make you sorry you ever tried it'
'Good idea: Gates Pushes Idea of Windows Everywhere'
'Linux users - Worse than a bunch of whining children'
'Ubuntu + Compiz + Gnome screensaver = paper bag security'
'Zero Demand for Open Source-capable Programmers is Reported'
'FUD baton passed to Mark Kent?'
'THIS IS A SORRY ASS'
'William Poaster is a Lying Arsehole'
'Google makes Roy redundant'
'Linux user begging for more free software'
'Ars Technica reviews .BUGGY. KDE 4.0'
'Whew! I almost had to stop using beloved Word'
'Redhat off 40. in the last two years'
'If Vista is so bad then'
'Microsoft Reports Record Second Quarter Results'
'Microsoft Delivers Strong Growth'
'Microsoft Earnings Up'
'Linux is an evil OS'
'Weird Linux advocates in COLA!'
'living breathing penis'
'Time to close-down COLA'
'Kelsey admits Linux SW'
'Linux-based software crashes government'
'Linux Zealot'
"How come 'advocates' are supporting more DRM?"
'Microsoft to supply software to about a MILLION'
'A Dirty Busted Street Lamp'
'OLPC Slapped With 20 Million'
'It.s unanimous: KDE 4.0 reeks'
'The Goldilocks of Advocacy'
'Google stock CRASHING'
'making Linux.OSS look slow'
'Linux Is Not Usable Xoftware'
'Linux share is 0.88'
'Linux just passed over Windows 98'
'When will Linux get its act together'
'Rabid and over zealous hate of Microsoft'
'Let The BoyCotts Begin'
'Linux Lusers'
'Major Linux event coming in 2019!'
'Windows now underprices free'
'Dump Linux and install Windows'
'Linux, as popular as mayo-doused pizza'
'Linux: spontaneously reboots'
'Linux: freezes, then trashes your work'
'VISTA on a 486 - Super fast'

Did you enjoy that? Good.

Now, how can I put this politely? ... Go fuck yourself.

I'm not sure who you think died and nominated you COLA King, but frankly
I don't give a flying fuck what you think. The fact that apparently you
agree with that drooling crayon-chewer DooFuS is simply an indication
that you're as big a prick as he is.

What kind of fucking moron are you to be more concerned about the lying
bastards who sabotage this group every day, than those who defend
against their virulent attacks? They don't even bloody /use/ Linux, and
they certainly don't have any desire to promote it, so what rights do
you think they should have ... other than the right to piss off out of
COLA and leave us the fuck alone. Just like you should, since apparently
you have nothing better to do than to criticise me for posting stats
that refuse to further poison COLA with their garbage.

Don't like the stats, then don't read them, and shut the fuck up.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----

| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
| make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
| - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

`----

16:45:56 up 50 days, 14:21, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 12:04:01 PM2/9/08
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:46:19 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Tappit Hen spake thusly:
>
>> I agree. The stats are all but useless.
>
> I see. And what deeply essential purpose did you have in mind for the
> Troll posts in COLA, that make the Troll-free stats so useless to you?

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

>> By not including posts from trolls [H]omer's stats do not reflect

>> COLA at all.
>
> Certainly they don't reflect the /Trolls/ at all, which is precisely my
> intent.

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

>> This was not done previously I think.

> I have zero interest in what others may or may not have done previously.

I see a slink coming down the pike,,,,

IOW: How was *I* to know that Roy Culley borrowed code.....
Get for it....

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

>> [H]omer, if you can't post stats without such huge bias what is the
>> point?
>
> The "point" is to reflect the statistics for *advocacy* in this
> *advocacy* newsgroup, not further propagate the Trolls lies which are
> designed to sabotage this group. Why do /you/ apparently have such a
> "huge bias" towards defending the Trolls?

Do you think anyone other than Roy Schestowitz, who is PAID to post here,
cares where they are on your idiotic, inaccurate list?

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

> If there were a thousand posts per day from a Viagra spammer, would you

> criticise me for omitting /those/ from the stats too? Frankly, Viagra
> spam would be preferable to the shit the Trolls spew into this group
> ever day. But apparently you /want/ that ... it's essential that you eat
> shit every day, then for dessert you want to have that same shit
> repeated in a nice stats post, so that all those nice people who
> killfiled that crap in the first place, have to read it anyway. Well
> fuck you, and fuck the Trolls whose arse's accommodate your overinflated
> skull.

You boobs wouldn't know what to do with yourselves and a bottle of Viagra.
You;d take 5 pills and then would walk around for 3 days with an erection
wondering what to do about it.

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

>> At least there is another stats posted each week which reflects posts
>> to this newsgroup accurately.
>
> Oh, thank God for that then. Wouldn't want to miss all those lies posted
> by the Trolls, would we?

Speaking of lies, where is the source?

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

> Well as you're so desperate to see the Trolls garbage propagated even

> further, then by all means I'll post it here just for you. I'm sure
> you'll enjoy reading it immensely. This is just a small snippet from the
> killfile:

Who cares about your killfile....

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

> Did you enjoy that? Good.

No..
Was it good for you?

> Now, how can I put this politely? ... Go fuck yourself.

Typical Linux advocacy in action.

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

> I'm not sure who you think died and nominated you COLA King, but frankly
> I don't give a flying fuck what you think. The fact that apparently you
> agree with that drooling crayon-chewer DooFuS is simply an indication
> that you're as big a prick as he is.

That's rich coming from a boob like you [Homer].

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

> What kind of fucking moron are you to be more concerned about the lying
> bastards who sabotage this group every day, than those who defend
> against their virulent attacks? They don't even bloody /use/ Linux, and
> they certainly don't have any desire to promote it, so what rights do
> you think they should have ... other than the right to piss off out of
> COLA and leave us the fuck alone. Just like you should, since apparently
> you have nothing better to do than to criticise me for posting stats
> that refuse to further poison COLA with their garbage.

The only one poisoning COLA is Schestowitz.
Only you are too stupid to see it.

Do you even notice that for the most psrt you, [Homer] and Mark Kent are
the only people replying to Schestowitz?
Liarnut seems to be a new drone as well, but that's it.

Why do you think that is?

Think about it.

And lest you think it's COLA, go look at Roy Schestowitz's digg
contributions and you will see the same pattern over there.
Roy is ignored.

> Don't like the stats, then don't read them, and shut the fuck up.

Linux advocacy at it's best.

http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

When are you going to release the source code to your weekly
comp.os.linux.advocacy statistics program [Homer] ?

You expect others to do it.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

[Homer] = [Hypocrite] != Linux Advocate.

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 12:09:17 PM2/9/08
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:48:43 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Tappit Hen spake thusly:
>
>> Better drop the stats completely as they are now meaningless.
>
> Better drop yourself in front of a moving train, as /you/ are a
> meaningless fucking prick.

You seem to be an expert on the topic of pricks [homer].
Tell me, have you studied this subject extensively?

Roy Schestowitz

Feb 9, 2008, 12:14:09 PM2/9/08
____/ Tappit Hen on Saturday 09 February 2008 13:27 : \____

> I agree. The stats are all but useless. By not including posts from
> trolls [H]omer's stats do not reflect COLA at all. This was not done
> previously I think.

I beg to disagree. Any attention the trolls receive will urge them to carry on.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | INQredible Hacktivism
Swap: 1510068k total, 513592k used, 996476k free, 58260k cached

DFS

Feb 9, 2008, 12:23:30 PM2/9/08
Tappit Hen wrote:

> For once DFS is correct - miraculous as that may seem.

Where was I "incorrect", bozo?

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 12:26:31 PM2/9/08
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 17:14:09 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Tappit Hen on Saturday 09 February 2008 13:27 : \____
>
>> I agree. The stats are all but useless. By not including posts from
>> trolls [H]omer's stats do not reflect COLA at all. This was not done
>> previously I think.
>
> I beg to disagree. Any attention the trolls receive will urge them to carry on.

And once again you are wrong.
Nobody cares about those stats, IOW the numbers, except YOU Roy
Schestowitz.
And that is because you are paid to SPAM.
IOW quantity over quality.

It's the PRINCIPLE of [Homer] being a hypocrite that is the point of the
stats discussion.

If he posted the source code in full and posted ACCURATE stats each week,
he would be left alone.

Case in point, the REAL stats that get posted this week don't attract
trolls.

So you see, once again, your points have no merit, Roy Schestowitz.

High Plains Thumper

Feb 9, 2008, 2:49:56 PM2/9/08
William Poaster wrote:
> Tappit Hen wrote:
>
>> [H]omer, if you can't post stats without such huge bias what
>> is the point? At least there is another stats posted each
>> week which reflects posts to this newsgroup accurately.
>
> Good, well you read that one instead, & play with the
> wintrolls like DFS. AFAIC (& others) they have no place in
> COLA nor in the stats.

It is no wonder. After reading troll posts (which in essence not
worth reading), very little of it hints of Linux advocacy. Much
of it are rants toward denigration of advocate character. Thus,
it is not even worthy to include in statistics.

--
[H]TP

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 2:58:08 PM2/9/08

You don't have to look in COLA to read what people think of rabid Linux
advocates.
You can start here:

http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.11.26.101258.24.html

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Linux+Zealot&defid=891103

1. Linux Zealot

Someone who thinks they are so 1337 because they use Linux and claim to
hate Windows, and fail to admit that it is just as bug-ridden and has an
ugly GUI to boot. Most don't even know how to use it!

2. Linux Zealot
30 up, 8 down

Someone who Zealously defends the superiority of the Linux operating
system. The typical Linux Zealot hangs around a forum or IRC channel and
answers questions that blatantly refer to Microsoft windows with questions
like "What operating system are you using?" or replies with instructions
that relate to Linux.
Many Linux Zealots know very little about the operation of the Linux
operating system and are simply trying to gain respect from fellow Linux
users.

I went to a linux help channel to ask how to make this software work but I
was called a lamer and told to read the documentation which from what I can
tell doesn’t exist.

3. Linux Zealot

Perhaps the most hilarious people I've ever encountered. Known for their
hatred of Windoze.

I like Linux, but it's not like I'm a Linux Zealot.

So go and bury your head wherever Rafael, because nobody really cares what
you think.
You are funny to watch though.

High Plains Thumper

Feb 9, 2008, 3:46:01 PM2/9/08
[H]omer wrote:

> If there were a thousand posts per day from a Viagra spammer,
> would you criticise me for omitting /those/ from the stats
> too?

I like the stats the way they are, no need to change. OTOH,
speaking of Viagra, troll posts have been going strong these past
4 hours. Time for them to see a specialist; thing's been up this
whole time and they can't seem to get it down.

--
HPT

William Poaster

Feb 9, 2008, 6:14:14 PM2/9/08
Linonut wrote:

> * William Poaster peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> Good, well you read that one instead, & play with the wintrolls like DFS.

>> AFAIC (& others) they have no place in COLA nor in the stats.
>
> But that /are/ here. The least we can do is count them <grin>.

I'll pass on counting turds, thank you.

William Poaster

Feb 9, 2008, 6:22:24 PM2/9/08
[H]omer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Tappit Hen spake thusly:
>
>> Better drop the stats completely as they are now meaningless.
>
> Better drop yourself in front of a moving train, as /you/ are a
> meaningless fucking prick.

Indeed, he is.

William Poaster

Feb 9, 2008, 6:20:50 PM2/9/08
High Plains Thumper wrote:

The "Tappit Hen" prick wants to give the trolls some credence FFS, which says a
LOT about him.

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 9, 2008, 7:00:12 PM2/9/08
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 23:22:24 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

> [H]omer wrote:
>
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Tappit Hen spake thusly:
>>
>>> Better drop the stats completely as they are now meaningless.
>>
>> Better drop yourself in front of a moving train, as /you/ are a
>> meaningless fucking prick.
>
> Indeed, he is.

You seem to be an expert in pricks William Poaster.
Have you been studying pricks for a long time?

High Plains Thumper

Feb 9, 2008, 9:02:39 PM2/9/08
William Poaster wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> William Poaster wrote:

<SNIP>

> The "Tappit Hen" prick wants to give the trolls some credence
> FFS, which says a LOT about him.

In essence, one cannot be koyaanisqatsi when they are powaqqatsi,
eh? :-)

--
HPT

High Plains Thumper

Feb 9, 2008, 9:05:39 PM2/9/08
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Tappit Hen on Saturday:

>> I agree. The stats are all but useless. By not including
>> posts from trolls [H]omer's stats do not reflect COLA at
>> all. This was not done previously I think.
>
> I beg to disagree. Any attention the trolls receive will urge
> them to carry on.

After learning the hard way, you are certainly correct. It
drives them nuts when no one pays attention to their trolling to
reply. They are denied an audience.

William Poaster's killfile rules do wonders.

--
HPT

Snit

Feb 9, 2008, 9:27:01 PM2/9/08
"High Plains Thumper" <highplai...@invalid.invalid> stated in post
folm63$9vd$2...@news.albasani.net on 2/9/08 7:05 PM:

I admit it amuses me to give the trolls some attention. So be it.

Hadron

Feb 10, 2008, 5:43:49 AM2/10/08

LOL! And I didn't think you had a sense of humour! POTY!

William Poaster

Feb 10, 2008, 9:12:32 AM2/10/08
High Plains Thumper wrote:

Quite so! ;-)

Moshe Goldfarb

Feb 10, 2008, 12:03:35 PM2/10/08

This is getting hysterical....
It has to be some kind of gag the Linux freaks dreamed up.
They can't be for real?

Snit

Feb 10, 2008, 12:07:35 PM2/10/08
"Moshe Goldfarb" <brick....@gmail.com> stated in post
wv6013irusz3.1jhne40foa45d$.d...@40tude.net on 2/10/08 10:03 AM:

> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:43:49 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>
>> High Plains Thumper <highplai...@invalid.invalid> writes:

>>> After learning the hard way, you are certainly correct. It drives
>>> them nuts when no one pays attention to their trolling to reply. They
>>> are denied an audience.
>>>
>>> William Poaster's killfile rules do wonders.
>>
>> LOL! And I didn't think you had a sense of humour! POTY!
>
> This is getting hysterical....
> It has to be some kind of gag the Linux freaks dreamed up.
> They can't be for real?

That does it! Everyone... absolutely everyone... is in my kill file now!
That will show you!

Hey... why is it so quiet in here? Hello? Hello? Anyone... anyone...
Bueller?

--
Picture of a tuna milkshake: http://snipurl.com/f34z
Feel free to ask for the recipe.

Tappit Hen

Feb 10, 2008, 3:07:22 PM2/10/08
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:46:19 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

> Verily I say unto thee, that Tappit Hen spake thusly:
>
>> I agree. The stats are all but useless.
>
> I see. And what deeply essential purpose did you have in mind for
> the Troll posts in COLA, that make the Troll-free stats so useless
> to you?

Because they do not reflect the posts to COLA.

>> By not including posts from trolls [H]omer's stats do not reflect
>> COLA at all.

> Certainly they don't reflect the /Trolls/ at all, which is precisely
> my intent.

Then why do you post them? They are meaningless.

>> This was not done previously I think.
>
> I have zero interest in what others may or may not have done previously.
>
>> [H]omer, if you can't post stats without such huge bias what is the
>> point?
>
> The "point" is to reflect the statistics for *advocacy* in this
> *advocacy* newsgroup, not further propagate the Trolls lies which are
> designed to sabotage this group. Why do /you/ apparently have such a
> "huge bias" towards defending the Trolls?

I don't, but you are playing into their hands by stripping their post
stats. It is rather pathetic.

> If there were a thousand posts per day from a Viagra spammer, would
> you criticise me for omitting /those/ from the stats too? Frankly,
> Viagra spam would be preferable to the shit the Trolls spew into
> this group ever day. But apparently you /want/ that ... it's
> essential that you eat shit every day, then for dessert you want to
> have that same shit repeated in a nice stats post, so that all those
> nice people who killfiled that crap in the first place, have to read
> it anyway. Well fuck you, and fuck the Trolls whose arse's
> accommodate your overinflated skull.

You have me all wrong sunshine. I just want to see stats that reflect
posts to COLA. If you must strip all you consider trolls then have the
decency to say so in the subject. Your stats are NOT COLA stats.

> [humungous snip]

> Did you enjoy that? Good.

There are killfiles for ignoring posters you don't like. Stats are
something else. Your stats just show what you want to see. IMHO you
should be impartial when posting the stats.

> Now, how can I put this politely? ... Go fuck yourself.

'nuff said. You are an impolite cunt. Fuck you asshole.

Hadron

Feb 10, 2008, 10:15:29 PM2/10/08
Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:43:49 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>
>> High Plains Thumper <highplai...@invalid.invalid> writes:

>>> After learning the hard way, you are certainly correct. It drives
>>> them nuts when no one pays attention to their trolling to reply. They
>>> are denied an audience.
>>>
>>> William Poaster's killfile rules do wonders.
>>
>> LOL! And I didn't think you had a sense of humour! POTY!
>
> This is getting hysterical....
> It has to be some kind of gag the Linux freaks dreamed up.
> They can't be for real?

After that post I do actually wonder if we ARE being trolled!

RonB

Feb 10, 2008, 10:28:14 PM2/10/08
Hadron wrote:

> After that post I do actually wonder if we ARE being trolled!

Who's "we?"

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"

Peter Köhlmann

Feb 11, 2008, 2:03:02 AM2/11/08
RonB wrote:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> After that post I do actually wonder if we ARE being trolled!
>
> Who's "we?"

Hadron Josip Stalin Quark and flatfish naturally. The only existing "true
linux advocates".
"Me too"ing all over the place while complaining about "me too"

Hadron

Feb 11, 2008, 4:17:05 AM2/11/08
RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hadron wrote:
>
>> After that post I do actually wonder if we ARE being trolled!
>
> Who's "we?"

You and me Ron. You and me.

William Poaster

Feb 11, 2008, 5:33:09 AM2/11/08
Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> RonB wrote:
>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>
>>> After that post I do actually wonder if we ARE being trolled!
>>
>> Who's "we?"
>>

> Hadron Josip Stalin Quark and flatfish naturally. The only existing "true
> linux advocates".
> "Me too"ing all over the place while complaining about "me too"

And how can they be trolled, when they're killfiled & ignored. Shows what an
idiot Quack is.

--
"Talk *about* trolls, not *to* them"

cc

Feb 11, 2008, 5:43:33 AM2/11/08
On Feb 9, 6:22 pm, William Poaster <w...@leafnode.amd64.eu> wrote:
> [H]omer wrote:
> > Verily I say unto thee, that Tappit Hen spake thusly:
>
> >> Better drop the stats completely as they are now meaningless.
>
> > Better drop yourself in front of a moving train, as /you/ are a
> > meaningless fucking prick.
>
> Indeed, he is.

Indeed.

Jim Richardson

Feb 11, 2008, 4:42:45 PM2/11/08

You know, there's a word for people who
think that everyone is out to get them...'
`Yes! Perceptive!' --Woody Allen