[News] Mono, Novell, and Convicted Monopoly Abuser Revisited

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 11, 2009, 8:07:33 AM8/11/09

What the fucking fuck, Novell, Gnome and Ubuntu?

http://makomk.livejournal.com/108443.html?view=57243

http://mono-nono.com/2009/08/04/is-the-mono-war-unproductive/comment-page-1/#comment-1000

,----[ Quote ]
| The classical policy of “Ximian” is that they show a proof of concept,
| inspire the community, and then walk away. Library infection is the way to
| guarantee that others have to fix your immature software because they depend
| on it. Gnome is a dependency hell.
|
| Novell bought Ximian, put their management in charge and then bought the KDE
| reference distribution SuSe and standardised it on Gnome regardless of what
| the customers wanted. Also think of the RedCarpet debacle.
|
| When you play “evil” or simply “against the rules” of community conduct
| people will freak and prepare their knives. Intercultural problems are at the
| core of so many conflict lines. The “flow” is acceptable behaviour. If you
| distort it and manipulate people, there will be a slashback for you, a
| slashback that may even appear absolutely unreasonable.
|
| As of Mono it was clear to us that we have to take care of the patents but
| Novell denied the problem. Suse always supported the fight against software
| patenting. What we need is to come up with are strategies to follow Ulyx when
| you cross the sirens. We need a rope and wax. No, the GPLv3 is not the
| solution. Maybe we need more of this http://www.patentcommons.org/
| We need these committments to protect the developer community.
`----

Recent:

Debian plans draw sharp warning from GNU guru

,----[ Quote ]
| As the Debian project releases a second update of its Debian GNU/Linux 5.0
| ("Lenny") distribution, a controversy has broken out over the next
| version, "Squeeze." GNU guru Richard Stallman has warned that by including a
| Mono-based note-taking application called Tomboy, Debian runs the risk of
| Microsoft litigation over C# patents.
`----

Pro-mono Zealotry

,----[ Quote ]
| What this does illustrate, I think, is something that is already obvious to
| anyone that has been following the Mono controversy: there are people that
| are just as “extreme” and unwilling to listen to reason as the most zealoty
| charactertures painted by the Broad Brush of the Most High and (Self)
| Righteous Community Gatekeepers.
|
| You can spot these people by the mindless regurgitation of other people’s
| talking points and the inability to make even the slightest concession to any
| opposing argument; the gleeful participation in any manner of attack or
| disinformation; the uncritical embrace of  anyone or anything that supports
| thier position. A sure sign is charging the opposition with the very crimes
| they themselves are in the act of commiting.
`----

http://mono-nono.com/2009/07/30/pro-mono-zealotry/

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 11, 2009, 8:03:21 AM8/11/09
this bit o' wisdom:

> What the fucking fuck, Novell, Gnome and Ubuntu?
>
> http://makomk.livejournal.com/108443.html?view=57243

Another troll-laden commentary section from David "Lefty" Schlesinger.

--
You will inherit some money or a small piece of land.

chrisv

Aug 11, 2009, 1:10:50 PM8/11/09
"Chris Ahlstrom" <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> What the fucking fuck, Novell, Gnome and Ubuntu?
>>
>> http://makomk.livejournal.com/108443.html?view=57243
>
> Another troll-laden commentary section from David "Lefty" Schlesinger.

Suck, suck, suck, is that you Miniwitz?
*PLONK*

Moshe Goldfarb

Aug 11, 2009, 1:23:17 PM8/11/09
On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:03:21 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out
> this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> What the fucking fuck, Novell, Gnome and Ubuntu?
>>
>> http://makomk.livejournal.com/108443.html?view=57243
>
> Another troll-laden commentary section from David "Lefty" Schlesinger.

For someone who claims to not read Roy Schestowitz's BN site and
chat channel, you sure seem to be an expert on the "Lefty
lingo", MiniWitz.

Moshe Goldfarb

Aug 11, 2009, 1:44:06 PM8/11/09

Of course it's him.

MinIwitz the "Hoover" of COLA.

I think it's time for him to change his bag though because the
sucking sounds are not as loud as they usually are.