Gee, it's too bad flatfish is such a jerk...

arachnid

Sep 16, 2006, 4:05:22 PM9/16/06

... or I'd tell him how I got my Vision:M working with Linux :o]

flatfish+++

Sep 16, 2006, 4:15:44 PM9/16/06
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:05:22 -0500, arachnid wrote:

> ... or I'd tell him how I got my Vision:M working with Linux :o]

No need to.
It works fine with PCLinuxOS v.93a

You might want to help the people in alt.os.linux.suse though because I
couldn't make it work with Suse 10.1.

Rick

Sep 16, 2006, 4:42:05 PM9/16/06

Well.. according to you, if it doesn't work in Suse 10.1, it doesn't work
in Linux.

--
Rick
<http://ricks-place.tripod.com/sound/2cents.wav>

arachnid

Sep 16, 2006, 4:53:47 PM9/16/06
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:15:44 -0400, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:05:22 -0500, arachnid wrote:
>

>> ... or I'd tell him how I got my Vision:M working with Linux :o]
>
> No need to.
> It works fine with PCLinuxOS v.93a

Aw, shucks.

Well, back into the killfile then...

Mathew P.

Sep 16, 2006, 5:32:39 PM9/16/06

--
"Always do the right thing: It will delight / Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies
some and astound the rest" - Mark Twain / Psychotronic protection, low prices

Roy Schestowitz

Sep 16, 2006, 5:53:07 PM9/16/06
__/ [ arachnid ] on Saturday 16 September 2006 21:05 \__

> <snip />

He has just made a terrible mistake by irritating a Web celebrity' who
regularly eliminates some of UseNet's biggest kooks, at ISP level (header
forging won't help and posting record makes this a trivial task). His track
record could lead to Flatfish departure from UseNet.

Now, if only we had faced that guy behind the nym, we'd leave him with a
couple of black eyes and no penis, assuming he even has one.

T3 Timeout

Sep 16, 2006, 6:15:36 PM9/16/06
roiboi wrote:
> Now, if only we had faced that guy behind the nym, we'd leave him
> with a couple of black eyes and no penis, assuming he even has one.

You'd make him wear eyeliner *and* suck his cock clean off.

You're a sad sad poofter, roi.

flatfish+++

Sep 16, 2006, 6:32:18 PM9/16/06
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 22:53:07 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ arachnid ] on Saturday 16 September 2006 21:05 \__
>
>> <snip />
>
> He has just made a terrible mistake by irritating a Web celebrity' who
> regularly eliminates some of UseNet's biggest kooks, at ISP level (header
> forging won't help and posting record makes this a trivial task). His track
> record could lead to Flatfish departure from UseNet.

Highly doubtful.
OOL gets a good check every month and compared to the child molesters,
porn addicts, etc that they receive complaints about, flatfish is a minor
item.

Besides, the items are on topic.

Good luck..........

> Now, if only we had faced that guy behind the nym, we'd leave him with a
> couple of black eyes and no penis, assuming he even has one.

Yea, sure....just like the *.sunsite troll.....

Another misfire on your part.....

yea, but he has never dealt with me............

ed

Sep 16, 2006, 6:39:06 PM9/16/06

Dude,

http://pr0n.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/6/6b/Cup_of_stfu.JPG

--
Regards, Ed :: http://s5h.net/u?l
proud python person

Hadron Quark

Sep 16, 2006, 6:35:00 PM9/16/06
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

This coming from the weasel who accused me of "ad hominem" attacks?

You do realise you are openly advocating physical violence and
mutilation?

You do realise that this is not amusing? That it crosses unwritten
lines and boundaries?

Possibly you would like to extend on who "we" is? Do you have a gang
which tracks people down and does them physical mischief?

I think an apology is in order.

--
Turn off engine while fueling.

Message has been deleted

Hadron Quark

Sep 16, 2006, 6:49:31 PM9/16/06
flatfish+++ <flat...@linuxmail.org> writes:

> Why bother?
> Based upon my email, Roy has had a number of emails sent to his school and
> his friends in the compsci dept are protecting him.
>
> However, it's just a matter of time before the
> provost/dean/pres/headmaster etc shuts him down due to violation of school
> policy.
>
> Enough letters, and the list is growing daily, and he will be gone.

I wouldn't like to see him lose his cushy role as a fresher fluffer /
tutorial fellow though. A lot of what's said here is just "give and
take". I see no reason to bring it into the real world : especially where
threats of physical violence are concerned.

--
God:
Darwin's chief rival.

flatfish+++

Sep 16, 2006, 7:15:07 PM9/16/06
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 00:49:31 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:

> I wouldn't like to see him lose his cushy role as a fresher fluffer /
> tutorial fellow though. A lot of what's said here is just "give and
> take". I see no reason to bring it into the real world : especially where
> threats of physical violence are concerned.

Fresher fluffers are always in demand.
As for physical violence is concerned obviously that is for lamers.

I don't even agree with reporting Roy, but evidently he has pissed off a
good number of people, much like Peter Kohlmann did when he got his
account suspended.

My feeling is free speech, minus threats, is all fine and good.

I really don't care at all.

To me, Roy is a joke, a gaff, a jester whom I am able to pull strings with.

[H]omer

Sep 16, 2006, 9:25:50 PM9/16/06
ed wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:15:36 -0500
> "T3 Timeout" <t...@local.host.abc> wrote:
>
>> roiboi wrote:
>>> Now, if only we had faced that guy behind the nym, we'd leave him
>>> with a couple of black eyes and no penis, assuming he even has one.
>>

>> You'd make him wear eyeliner *and* suck his cock clean off.
>>

>> You're a sad sad poofter, roi.
>
> Dude,
>
> http://pr0n.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/6/6b/Cup_of_stfu.JPG

I prefer this one:

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/pictures/stfu-big.png

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
02:24:08 up 91 days, 2:40, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

Rex Ballard

Sep 16, 2006, 10:51:20 PM9/16/06

This is useful information.

One of the things I have noticed about the TRUE Flatfish postings is
that he provides real, specific information, related to exact hardware
and exact versions of software.

as opposed to the peculiar person who uses 98 pseudonyms to post
complaints about unspecified versions of Linux with little or no
information about the hardware being used, describes his/her 8-10 hours
of futile efforts, downloading from an unspecified site, refusing to
get help from anyone who knows anything about Linux (like a support
line, e-mail, or just someone who has actually USED Linux), and then
pronounces Linux "unfit for human consumption" based on his "expert
opinion".

Flatfish has used Linux, including a number of different versions, and
on hardware that was never meant to run Linux (in fact, he has created
systems consisting entirely of hardware that is documented as
unsupported).

The good news is that the Linux community often rises to the challenge,
quickly coming up with drivers, or configurations for existing drivers,
or patches for existing drivers, to support the "unsupported" new
hardware.

Flatfish, thanks for your contributions to the Linux desktop
environment.

No developer likes the tester who hammers his code with rediculous
negative tests that the developer would never think of, but that's what
makes a system reliable and supportable.

Hadron Quark

Sep 17, 2006, 4:54:07 AM9/17/06
"Rex Ballard" <rex.b...@gmail.com> writes:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
> No developer likes the tester who hammers his code with rediculous
> negative tests that the developer would never think of, but that's what
> makes a system reliable and supportable.

Running "Linux" on "a pc" is hardly hammering the code. It should "just work".

Mathew P.

Sep 17, 2006, 6:18:47 AM9/17/06

On 2006-09-16, Hadron Quark spake thusly:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:
>
>> __/ [ arachnid ] on Saturday 16 September 2006 21:05 \__
>>
>>> <snip />
>>
>> He has just made a terrible mistake by irritating a Web celebrity' who
>> regularly eliminates some of UseNet's biggest kooks, at ISP level (header
>> forging won't help and posting record makes this a trivial task). His track
>> record could lead to Flatfish departure from UseNet.
>>
>> Now, if only we had faced that guy behind the nym, we'd leave him with a
>> couple of black eyes and no penis, assuming he even has one.
>
> This coming from the weasel who accused me of "ad hominem" attacks?
>
> You do realise you are openly advocating physical violence and
> mutilation?
>
> You do realise that this is not amusing? That it crosses unwritten
> lines and boundaries?

Get real Hadron.

> Possibly you would like to extend on who "we" is? Do you have a gang
> which tracks people down and does them physical mischief?
>
> I think an apology is in order.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.7 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFFDSEIlkJ5K/IU2ToRAotAAJ49kgdMZWuypHwwrahvtEb9bPPQUgCgxV+K
Ej40URUoSHEqWxkV9/yF6dI=
=BtqC

Hadron Quark

Sep 17, 2006, 6:26:08 AM9/17/06
"Mathew P." <Mat...@COLA.com> writes:

> On 2006-09-16, Hadron Quark spake thusly:
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:
>>
>>> __/ [ arachnid ] on Saturday 16 September 2006 21:05 \__

>>> He has just made a terrible mistake by irritating a Web celebrity' who
>>> regularly eliminates some of UseNet's biggest kooks, at ISP level (header
>>> forging won't help and posting record makes this a trivial task). His track
>>> record could lead to Flatfish departure from UseNet.
>>>
>>> Now, if only we had faced that guy behind the nym, we'd leave him with a
>>> couple of black eyes and no penis, assuming he even has one.
>>
>> This coming from the weasel who accused me of "ad hominem" attacks?
>>
>> You do realise you are openly advocating physical violence and
>> mutilation?
>>
>> You do realise that this is not amusing? That it crosses unwritten
>> lines and boundaries?
>
> Get real Hadron.

Excuse me? What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander : and if
Roytoy wants to make statements about other people making "ad hominem
attacks" then he should behave accordingly. If you live by the sword
then you die by the sword.

--
The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that, it's all learned.
(Bruce Ediger, bed...@teal.csn.org, in comp.os.linux.misc, on X interfaces.)

yttrx

Sep 17, 2006, 9:51:26 AM9/17/06

Hell and goddamn you need a punch in the mouth.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

Hadron Quark

Sep 17, 2006, 9:58:05 AM9/17/06
yt...@yttrx.net (yttrx) writes:

I demand an apology for that .....

*plonk*

btw, I was being sarcastic .... Roy has a habit of preaching netiquette
and never quite keeping to his own high standards.

--
> What does ELF stand for (in respect to Linux?)
ELF is the first rock group that Ronnie James Dio performed with back in
the early 1970's. In constrast, a.out is a misspelling of the French word
for the month of August. What the two have in common is beyond me, but
Linux users seem to use the two words together.
-- seen on c.o.l.misc

yttrx

Sep 17, 2006, 10:13:10 AM9/17/06
Hadron Quark <qadro...@geemail.com> wrote:
> yt...@yttrx.net (yttrx) writes:
>
>> Hadron Quark <qadro...@geemail.com> wrote:

>>> This coming from the weasel who accused me of "ad hominem" attacks?
>>>
>>> You do realise you are openly advocating physical violence and
>>> mutilation?
>>>
>>> You do realise that this is not amusing? That it crosses unwritten
>>> lines and boundaries?
>>>
>>> Possibly you would like to extend on who "we" is? Do you have a gang
>>> which tracks people down and does them physical mischief?
>>>
>>> I think an apology is in order.
>>>

>> Hell and goddamn you need a punch in the mouth.
>>

> I demand an apology for that .....
>

> *plonk*

*PLONK*

> btw, I was being sarcastic .... Roy has a habit of preaching netiquette
> and never quite keeping to his own high standards.

Yeah I know, didnt you get my joke? I thought it was funny.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

T3 Timeout

Sep 17, 2006, 10:18:23 AM9/17/06
ed wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:15:36 -0500
> "T3 Timeout" <t...@local.host.abc> wrote:
>
>> roiboi wrote:
>>> Now, if only we had faced that guy behind the nym, we'd leave him
>>> with a couple of black eyes and no penis, assuming he even has one.
>>

>> You'd make him wear eyeliner *and* suck his cock clean off.
>
> Not if I get there first. :-)

Figures.

Hadron Quark

Sep 17, 2006, 10:31:43 AM9/17/06
yt...@yttrx.net (yttrx) writes:

Yeah, but you're a fucking arsehole : everything you say is funny, in a
"laugh at the chimp making farting noises" kind of way ...

--
Freshest if eaten before date on carton.

yttrx

Sep 17, 2006, 10:37:58 AM9/17/06

See, all you had to do was open your mind a little.

-----yttrx

--
http://www.yttrx.net

Jim Richardson

Sep 17, 2006, 12:51:23 PM9/17/06

If you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you
--Benjamin Franklin

Jim Richardson

Sep 17, 2006, 12:52:14 PM9/17/06

If you don't know how to do something, you don't know how to do it with a
computer.

Hadron Quark

Sep 17, 2006, 9:30:10 PM9/17/06
Jim Richardson <war...@eskimo.com> writes:

Err? Simple name calling? Did you read what he posted? And my last reply
stands. here is a fact : if someone were to choose to forward his post
to the Dean of Manchester Polyversity then Roy would be in big shit. I
wouldnt do it or advise anyone to do it : usenet and real lives are best
kept seperate.

--
> No manual is ever necessary.
May I politely interject here: BULLSHIT. That's the biggest Apple lie of all!
-- Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces

Mathew P.

Sep 18, 2006, 4:20:36 AM9/18/06

On 2006-09-17, Hadron Quark spake thusly:

> yt...@yttrx.net (yttrx) writes:
>
>> Hadron Quark <qadro...@geemail.com> wrote:

>>> This coming from the weasel who accused me of "ad hominem" attacks?
>>>
>>> You do realise you are openly advocating physical violence and
>>> mutilation?
>>>
>>> You do realise that this is not amusing? That it crosses unwritten
>>> lines and boundaries?
>>>
>>> Possibly you would like to extend on who "we" is? Do you have a gang
>>> which tracks people down and does them physical mischief?
>>>
>>> I think an apology is in order.
>>>

>> Hell and goddamn you need a punch in the mouth.
>>

> I demand an apology for that .....
>
> *plonk*

You? Plonking? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I had no idea you had such a good sense of humor!

> btw, I was being sarcastic .... Roy has a habit of preaching netiquette
> and never quite keeping to his own high standards.
>

>> -----yttrx

Version: GnuPG v1.2.7 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFFDlbUlkJ5K/IU2ToRAg8aAKDbrBElpfjaupCvG2ghEDGHfZwKCgCdGOJp
OKPlQP+JKTUNxdIlIAEI33E=
=+/NN

Hadron Quark

Sep 18, 2006, 5:14:14 AM9/18/06
"Mathew P." <Mat...@COLA.com> writes:

And I had no idea you so were so blind to humour.

However, I have actually resorted to the dreaded KF in this NG - the
last resort of the coward IMO. Unfortunately there are only so many "me
too" posts that one can take so I took the easy way out...