Mark Kent, go fuck yourself

Tim Smith

May 25, 2006, 5:14:46 AM5/25/06
--Tim Smith

Peter Jensen

May 25, 2006, 5:50:13 AM5/25/06
--
PeKaJe
Sit back and watch the messages. This is actually more important than one
might think as there is a bug in GNU Mach whereby hitting a key during the
boot process causes the kernel to panic -- GNU Hurd Installation Guide

Tim Smith

May 25, 2006, 5:59:10 AM5/25/06
In article <44757dd5$0$84035$edfa...@dtext01.news.tele.dk>, Peter Jensen
wrote:
> WTF?

Mark compared me to billwg in a post, so I told him to go fuck himself.
Seems pretty straightforward...

--
--Tim Smith

Peter Jensen

May 25, 2006, 9:41:03 AM5/25/06
--
PeKaJe

"Microsoft has done more for the fault tolerance industry than any
other company. They have made end-users very tolerant of faults".

Message has been deleted

Tim Smith

May 25, 2006, 11:27:03 AM5/25/06
In article <4475b3ef$0$84034$edfa...@dtext01.news.tele.dk>, Peter Jensen
wrote:

> Not for someone who didn't read that post (myself included). To those
> people your top-level post just seems like a random unwarranted attack,
> and you're the one who ends up looking bad. This one incident sure
> doesn't show you as being any better than billwg.

Mark has announced several times that he's kill-filed me, and so only sees
my posts as quotes in the replies of others. He then takes that biased
sample, and posts indirect replies to me, often accusing me of something
that he does himself (e.g., complaining about my posts in a political thread
as off-topic, when he has as many posts in the same thread).

This time, he's taken a line of posts that I wasn't even posting in, and
just threw in an insult. Hence, the desire to tell him to go fuck himself.
I made it a top level thread so that he'd have a decent chance of seeing it.

--
--Tim Smith

Roy Culley

May 25, 2006, 11:52:44 AM5/25/06
begin risky.vbs
<aAedg.4954$921....@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

Poor Timmy. Time to grow up lad.

William Poaster

May 25, 2006, 1:42:12 PM5/25/06

Though only saw Peter Jensen's reply to him, IMO *that* showed Smith's
true colours. Seems I was right to have him in the twit filter. Maybe he's
not quite like billwg, but he *is* like Ewik...a M$ apologist.

--
www.jlaforums.com steals usenet newsgroup posts, & misleads the public
into thinking the posts come from their own forums. THEY DON'T!

Roy Culley

May 25, 2006, 1:55:27 PM5/25/06
begin risky.vbs
<pan.2006.05.25....@suse10.1oss.eu>,

William Poaster <w...@suse10.1oss.eu> writes:
> On Thu, 25 May 2006 17:52:44 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>
>> begin risky.vbs
>> <aAedg.4954$921....@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Tim Smith
>> <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:
>>
>> Poor Timmy. Time to grow up lad.
>

> Though only saw Peter Jensen's reply to him, IMO *that* showed
> Smith's true colours. Seems I was right to have him in the twit
> filter. Maybe he's not quite like billwg, but he *is* like Ewik...a
> M$ apologist.

Timmy is an Erik wannabee. No matter how hard he tries he's reached
his level of incompetency. Erik started out way above his level of
competency and has been falling ever since. Great management material
so sadly lost. :-)

chrisv

May 25, 2006, 3:02:49 PM5/25/06
Roy Culley wrote:

>begin risky.vbs
> <pan.2006.05.25....@suse10.1oss.eu>,
> William Poaster <w...@suse10.1oss.eu> writes:
>> On Thu, 25 May 2006 17:52:44 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>>>
>>> Poor Timmy. Time to grow up lad.
>>
>> Though only saw Peter Jensen's reply to him, IMO *that* showed
>> Smith's true colours. Seems I was right to have him in the twit
>> filter. Maybe he's not quite like billwg, but he *is* like Ewik...a
>> M$ apologist.
>
>Timmy is an Erik wannabee. No matter how hard he tries he's reached
>his level of incompetency. Erik started out way above his level of
>competency and has been falling ever since. Great management material
>so sadly lost. :-)

I plonked him eons ago. 8)

Tim Smith

May 25, 2006, 5:05:27 PM5/25/06
In article <cf0hk3-...@dog.did.it>, Roy Culley wrote:

> Poor Timmy. Time to grow up lad.

OK, now we've heard from Roy the Hypocrit...

--
--Tim Smith

Roy Culley

May 25, 2006, 8:25:31 PM5/25/06
begin risky.vbs
<r_odg.5112$921...@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:
> In article <cf0hk3-...@dog.did.it>, Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>> Poor Timmy. Time to grow up lad.
>
> OK, now we've heard from Roy the Hypocrit...

OK, Timmy (Funkenbusch wannabee), kindly show why I'm a 'Hypocrit'
(you should chck your spelling Timmy).?

You do come across as very immature Timmy. I presumed you were pissed
when starting this thread. Seems not. How sad.

Larry Qualig

May 25, 2006, 8:50:58 PM5/25/06

Hey Tim,

It's unfortunate that these sorts of things have to happen. I've
certainly had them happen to me as well. Usually when it happens it's
"no big deal" but every now and then it's good to vent.

I think that most people here, regardless of what OS they use, will
acknowledge that you are one of the better posters content wise and you
don't take cheap-shots at people just for sport. Of course not
everybody will admit this since you aren't always rah-rah Linux.
Hopefully some people here are mature enough to respect a good
debate/opinion even if it happens to be contrary to their own views.

Mark Kent

May 26, 2006, 3:57:15 AM5/26/06
begin oe_protect.scr
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> espoused:

Incorrect, I grouped you with billwg!!!, which is hardly the same thing.
This thread would indicate that I should've compared you with him,
however. It's always good to be reminded why people like you are in my
killfile.

Q: What's yellow, and equivalent to the Axiom of Choice?
A: Zorn's Lemon.

Mark Kent

May 26, 2006, 4:26:06 AM5/26/06
begin oe_protect.scr
William Poaster <w...@suse10.1oss.eu> espoused:

> On Thu, 25 May 2006 17:52:44 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>
>> begin risky.vbs
>> <aAedg.4954$921....@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Tim Smith
>> <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:
>>
>> Poor Timmy. Time to grow up lad.
>
> Though only saw Peter Jensen's reply to him, IMO *that* showed Smith's
> true colours. Seems I was right to have him in the twit filter. Maybe he's
> not quite like billwg, but he *is* like Ewik...a M$ apologist.

I didn't compare him to billwg anyway, I compared his writings with
George Ou's writings - a totally different thing. I wonder if he even
really read what I wrote.

William Poaster

May 26, 2006, 7:50:04 AM5/26/06
On Fri, 26 May 2006 09:26:06 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

> begin oe_protect.scr
> William Poaster <w...@suse10.1oss.eu> espoused:
>> On Thu, 25 May 2006 17:52:44 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:
>>
>>> begin risky.vbs
>>> <aAedg.4954$921....@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Tim Smith
>>> <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:
>>>
>>> Poor Timmy. Time to grow up lad.
>>
>> Though only saw Peter Jensen's reply to him, IMO *that* showed Smith's
>> true colours. Seems I was right to have him in the twit filter. Maybe
>> he's not quite like billwg, but he *is* like Ewik...a M$ apologist.
>>

> I didn't compare him to billwg anyway, I compared his writings with George
> Ou's writings - a totally different thing.

Yes, Mark, I saw that post. I thought I may have missed another one
somewhere.

> I wonder if he even really read what I wrote.

It seems he half read, & mis-interpreted what you'd posted

Mark Kent

May 26, 2006, 9:16:18 AM5/26/06
begin oe_protect.scr
William Poaster <w...@suse10.1oss.eu> espoused:
> On Fri, 26 May 2006 09:26:06 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
>
>> begin oe_protect.scr
>> William Poaster <w...@suse10.1oss.eu> espoused:

>>> Though only saw Peter Jensen's reply to him, IMO *that* showed Smith's
>>> true colours. Seems I was right to have him in the twit filter. Maybe
>>> he's not quite like billwg, but he *is* like Ewik...a M$ apologist.
>>>

>> I didn't compare him to billwg anyway, I compared his writings with George
>> Ou's writings - a totally different thing.
>
> Yes, Mark, I saw that post. I thought I may have missed another one
> somewhere.
>
>> I wonder if he even really read what I wrote.
>
> It seems he half read, & mis-interpreted what you'd posted

Still, I suppose it's nice that he went to all the trouble to name a
thread after me :-)

tim.the...@gmail.com

May 26, 2006, 11:51:18 AM5/26/06

Earthlink is sucking, so I'm on Google for a while. Adjust your
killfile accordingly.

This is what you wrote:

> So not being sued is how George Ou measures openness. Incredible. This
> article could've been written by Erik, billwg!!!!! or Tim Smith.

This is an implicit comparison with billwg.

Sorry for telling you to go fuck yourself. Your remark particularly
annoyed me there, so I blew up. It particularly annoyed me because I've
posted a fair number of messages responding to and shooting down
billwg's crap. He generally has no answer to those, and so doesn't
follow up. That branch of the thread ends there, and so you don't see
those messages because of your killfile.

Good killfile etiquette is to pretty much completely ignore people who
are in your killfile. When you killfile someone, from them on you get a
very biased sample of their posts--you'll only see things where someone
has chosen to quote them. That will generally be where they are being
quoted because someone disagrees with them, and the person who
disagrees is someone who is not in your killfile.

William Poaster

May 26, 2006, 1:29:47 PM5/26/06
On Fri, 26 May 2006 14:16:18 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

> begin oe_protect.scr
> William Poaster <w...@suse10.1oss.eu> espoused:
>> On Fri, 26 May 2006 09:26:06 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
>>
>>> begin oe_protect.scr
>>> William Poaster <w...@suse10.1oss.eu> espoused:

>>> I didn't compare him to billwg anyway, I compared his writings with
>>> George Ou's writings - a totally different thing.
>>
>> Yes, Mark, I saw that post. I thought I may have missed another one
>> somewhere.
>>
>>> I wonder if he even really read what I wrote.
>>
>> It seems he half read, & mis-interpreted what you'd posted
>>

> Still, I suppose it's nice that he went to all the trouble to name a
> thread after me :-)

Fame at last, eh? <grin>

Mark Kent

May 27, 2006, 5:12:38 AM5/27/06
begin oe_protect.scr
tim.the...@gmail.com <tim.the...@gmail.com> espoused:

> Earthlink is sucking, so I'm on Google for a while. Adjust your
> killfile accordingly.
>
> This is what you wrote:
>
>> So not being sued is how George Ou measures openness. Incredible. This
>> article could've been written by Erik, billwg!!!!! or Tim Smith.
>
> This is an implicit comparison with billwg.

No, there isn't.

The way I understand it, the Russians are sort of a combination of evil and
incompetence... sort of like the Post Office with tanks.
-- Emo Philips