More Desktop Linux Users Than Windows Users...

Roy Schestowitz

May 8, 2009, 10:57:40 PM5/8/09

Terry Porter

May 8, 2009, 11:30:34 PM5/8/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> (At least on one of my sites.)
>
> Statistics for May (just over a week):
>
> Linux 693150 45 %
> Windows 675470 43.9 %
> Macintosh 81750 5.3 %

My small sites show that Linux is more popular than Vista as always, and
about 1/4 as popular as Windows.

XP is still the dominant Microsoft OS by far, and Vista7's main
competition. I wonder how MS is going to change that ?

My hosted site April 2009:-
Versions Hits Percent
Versions Hits Percent
Windows 12887 80.5 %
Windows XP 9607 60 %
Windows NT 32 0.2 %
Windows ME 1 0 %
Windows Vista (LongHorn) 2652 16.5 %
Windows 98 31 0.1 %
Windows 95 1 0 %
Windows 2008 217 1.3 %
Windows 2003 227 1.4 %
Windows 2000 119 0.7 %
Linux 2761 17.2 %
Ubuntu 1215 7.5 %
Suse 33 0.2 %
Mandriva (or Mandrake) 32 0.2 %
Gentoo 546 3.4 %
Fedora 73 0.4 %
Debian 157 0.9 %
GNU Linux (Unknown or unspecified distribution) 705 4.4 %
Macintosh 268 1.6 %
Mac OS X 264 1.6 %
Mac OS 4 0 %
Others 76 0.4 %
Unknown 76 0.4 %

My home server April 2009:-
Versions Hits Percent
Windows 8775 70.9 %
Windows XP 6518 52.7 %
Windows NT 145 1.1 %
Windows Me 1 0 %
Windows Vista 1823 14.7 %
Windows 98 2 0 %
Windows 2003 142 1.1 %
Windows 2000 144 1.1 %
BSD 16 0.1 %
FreeBSD 16 0.1 %
Linux 2810 22.7 %
Ubuntu 1313 10.6 %
Suse 30 0.2 %
Red Hat 14 0.1 %
Fedora 93 0.7 %
Debian 73 0.5 %
GNU Linux (Unknown or unspecified distribution) 1287 10.4 %
Macintosh 613 4.9 %
Mac OS X 613 4.9 %
Others 152 1.2 %
Unknown 107 0.8 %
Symbian OS 38 0.3 %
Unknown Unix system 7 0 %

indeed listen to. Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008

Doctor Smith

May 9, 2009, 12:07:27 AM5/9/09
On Sat, 09 May 2009 02:57:40 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> (At least on one of my sites.)

Scraping the bottom of the barrel these days Schestowitz?

Yea, I'm sure Victoria's Secret has more people searching for undies than
Chevy Camaros as well....

7

May 9, 2009, 5:14:40 AM5/9/09
Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Doctor Smith
wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of Marketing:

> Yea, I'm sure Victoria's Secret has more people searching for undies than
> Chevy Camaros as well....

How would you know this unless you were searching for this also...?!

All we now need is for DFS to admit he is a cross dresser and
and you two can become happily married couple.

Roy Schestowitz

May 9, 2009, 6:24:41 AM5/9/09

Tony Manco

May 9, 2009, 6:45:10 AM5/9/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> (At least on one of my sites.)
>
> Statistics for May (just over a week):
>
> Linux 693150 45 %
> Windows 675470 43.9 %
> Macintosh 81750 5.3 %
>
> Microsoft- and Apple-sponsored junk like Net Applications does not sample this
> type of sites.

Here are my stats from April:

*OS share:*

Windows 223637 64.3 %
Linux 80856 23.2 %
Unknown 39399 11.3 %
Macintosh 3017 0.8 %
Sun Solaris 181 0 %
BSD 128 0 %
Symbian OS 110 0 %
Sony PlayStation Portable 31 0 %
Unknown Unix system 26 0 %
OS/2 3 0 %

*Browser share*

Firefox No 170391 49 %
MS Internet Explorer No 113191 32.5 %
Unknown ? 37590 10.8 %
Google Chrome No 9986 2.8 %
Opera No 6618 1.9 %
Mozilla No 4247 1.2 %
Safari No 2758 0.7 %
Konqueror No 830 0.2 %
Netscape No 621 0.1 %
Epiphany No 370 0.1 %
Others 786 0.2 %

Cheers!
--
It's a bird..

It's a plane..

No, it's KernelMan, faster than a speeding bullet, to your rescue.
Doing new kernel versions in under 5 seconds flat..
~Linus Torvalds

Terry Porter

May 9, 2009, 7:28:13 AM5/9/09
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Terry Porter on Saturday 09 May 2009 03:30 : \____
>
>> Linux � 2810 � �22.7 %
>> Ubuntu �1313 � �10.6 %
>> Suse � �30 � � �0.2 %
>> Red Hat 14 � � �0.1 %
>> Fedora �93 � � �0.7 %
>> Debian �73 � � �0.5 %
>> GNU Linux (Unknown or unspecified distribution) 1287 � �10.4 %
>
> How does that compare with previous months? Because regardless of
> /absolute/ numbers I see Linux growing, and that's what matters even more.

Mine is such a small site, the numbers vary a far bit month to month, so I
don't know if any valid conclusion can be drawn from them in my case.

7

May 9, 2009, 8:04:25 AM5/9/09
Terry Porter wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> (At least on one of my sites.)
>>
>> Statistics for May (just over a week):
>>
>> Linux 693150 45 %
>> Windows 675470 43.9 %
>> Macintosh 81750 5.3 %
>

> My small sites show that Linux is more popular than Vista as always, and
> about 1/4 as popular as Windows.
>
> XP is still the dominant Microsoft OS by far, and Vista7's main
> competition. I wonder how MS is going to change that ?

They will change that by stealing some of the rights that customers
bought when they paid for the product by introducing changes through
the updates process. The rights they have will be stolen and deleted
from their drives making customers loose billions of dollars worth
of value they have purchased.

Hopefully they will just switch to Linux and delete the dopey micoshaft
closed source unrepairable virus infected software and focus on gains Linux
is going to give them.

http://www.livecdlist.com
http://www.distrowatch.com

Hadron

May 9, 2009, 9:07:46 AM5/9/09
Tony Manco <trm...@gmx.tm> writes:

You guys are simply insane if you think your sites somehow reflect
general trends.

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to

DFS

May 9, 2009, 12:00:18 PM5/9/09
7 wrote:

> Hopefully they will just switch to Linux and delete the dopey
> micoshaft closed source

Yeah, that'll happen...

Count...@monsterchillerhorrortheater.com

May 11, 2009, 3:29:55 PM5/11/09