[News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

Roy Schestowitz

Jul 15, 2008, 1:56:00 PM7/15/08

My Perfect Desktop: Kubuntu KDE 4

,----[ Quote ]
| The Kubuntu KDE 4 desktop has become my perfect desktop. It has all the
| functionality I could ask for, and I have added applications to supplement
| that effect.
`----

http://jonreagan.wordpress.com/2008/07/15/my-perfect-desktop-kubuntu-kde-4/

Shuttleworth has some nice words for KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| Is Mr Ubuntu, Mark Shuttleworth, slowly warming towards KDE? Or is the man
| merely trying to keep the KDE folk onside, after a whole host of "technical
| writers" have attacked the new release of that desktop environment?
|
| [...]
|
| Given the amount of flak that the recent KDE release - 4.0 - has taken from
| the pro-GNOME pundits at sites like linux.com, you would think that the worst
| possible thing any supporter of GNOME - as Shuttleworth is perceived to be -
| could do is to speak out in support of anything associated with KDE.
|
| But you would be wrong. Shuttleworth is now floating the idea that there can
| be a QT-based GNOME.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/19456/1148/

Recent:

KDE on KDE 4.0

,----[ Quote ]
| In the following article we would like to
| address some common misconceptions about KDE 4 as we see it. As we firmly
| believe in KDE 4 and the future of the Free Desktop, we expected the heated
| discussions about KDE4 and especially the 4.0 release to go away - and we
| were wrong about that.
`----

Beyond the Rumors of KDE 4.1's Folder View

,----[ Quote ]
| However, like many of the concerns about the latest releases of KDE, these
| rumors have more to do with misleading media reports and users' fear of
| change than any reality. Behind the rumors, the truth is a new feature called
| Folder View, which, far from overturning established desktops, enhances them
| in a number of useful ways.
|
| The rumors started because Aaron Seigo announced Folder View with a blog
| entry entitled "no more desktop icons in 4.1." Seigo immediately followed the
| title with "Now that I have your attention with that title," adding a smiley
| to show that he was joking.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3758446/Beyond+the+Rumors+of+KDE+4.1s+Folder+View.htm

Linonut

Jul 15, 2008, 2:04:32 PM7/15/08

> KDE on KDE 4.0
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| In the following article we would like to
>| address some common misconceptions about KDE 4 as we see it. As we firmly
>| believe in KDE 4 and the future of the Free Desktop, we expected the heated
>| discussions about KDE4 and especially the 4.0 release to go away - and we
>| were wrong about that.
> `----
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080710131440951

KDE could have had a smoother transition if they'd released a 3.9
version first, I think.

--
Don't make a big deal out of everything; just deal with everything.

Roy Schestowitz

Jul 15, 2008, 3:56:05 PM7/15/08

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 15, 2008, 9:11:06 PM7/15/08
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
>
> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
> away until KDE4 is rock solid.

But........

You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
4.x?

So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?

What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 15, 2008, 10:47:18 PM7/15/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
<brick_...@gmail.com>
wrote
on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400
<112gurw8i2nhe$.1kapjbjey01l6$.d...@40tude.net>:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
>>
>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
>> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
>> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
>>

> But........
>
> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
> 4.x?

There is plenty wrong with KDE 4.0. For starters, it looks nothing at
all like Gnome, and the set-points of the GUI configuration do not
overlap 100%.

> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?

Not at all. One can merely go back to Windows Vista,
which is now stable.

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Linux. Because Windows' Blue Screen Of Death is just
way too frightening to novice users.

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 15, 2008, 11:06:34 PM7/15/08
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:47:18 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
> <brick_...@gmail.com>
> wrote
> on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400
> <112gurw8i2nhe$.1kapjbjey01l6$.d...@40tude.net>:
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
>>>
>>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
>>> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
>>> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
>>>

>> But........
>>
>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
>> 4.x?
>
> There is plenty wrong with KDE 4.0. For starters, it looks nothing at
> all like Gnome, and the set-points of the GUI configuration do not
> overlap 100%.
>

>> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
>
> Not at all. One can merely go back to Windows Vista,
> which is now stable.
>

>> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

Yawwn....
You're starting to bore me Ghost....
Get back on the rails again instead of purposely being obtuse like
Jebbidiah...

Ben

Jul 16, 2008, 9:16:40 AM7/16/08
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
>>
>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
>> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
>> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
>>

> But........
>
> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
> 4.x?
>
> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
>
> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

Don't talk about initial releases of Linux products being unstable. I
have one word for you:

Vista.

Rick

Jul 16, 2008, 9:54:19 AM7/16/08
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
>>
>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and
>> feature-complete as 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5
>> next month. It's not going away until KDE4 is rock solid.
>>

> But........
>
> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
> 4.x?
>
> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
>
> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

I have already given you references from the devs plainly stating that
KDE4 is not yet ready for production machines. It is a bleeding edge
release. It is out there to find the bugs and fix them.

Here are som more:
<http://www.linux.com/feature/141769>

<http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080710131440951>

4.1 should --approach-- production status. Approach.

This is what happens when people just pick up a tool, and try to use it
without first learning how to use it.

--
Rick

FAB

Jul 16, 2008, 10:15:59 AM7/16/08
Ben wrote:

And I have one word for you:

Liar!

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 16, 2008, 10:57:18 AM7/16/08

Nice try, but I am certainly no fan of Vista.
I'm on record many times as stating such...

The difference is, the Linux loons have been denying that problems exist
with kde 4.x and now all of a sudden they post tripe like "when the bugs
get fixed" etc....

Hypocrites....

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 16, 2008, 11:11:47 AM7/16/08
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:54:19 -0500, Rick wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
>>>
>>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and
>>> feature-complete as 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5
>>> next month. It's not going away until KDE4 is rock solid.
>>>

>> But........
>>
>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
>> 4.x?
>>
>> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
>>
>> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....
>
> I have already given you references from the devs plainly stating that
> KDE4 is not yet ready for production machines. It is a bleeding edge
> release. It is out there to find the bugs and fix them.

I'm not talking about developers, the real Linux advocates.
I'm talking about Linux loons in COLA.

A totally different animal..

Ben

Jul 16, 2008, 11:16:08 AM7/16/08
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:16:40 +0100, Ben wrote:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> But........
>>>
>>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
>>> 4.x?
>>>
>>> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
>>>
>>> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....
>>>
>> Don't talk about initial releases of Linux products being unstable. I
>> have one word for you:
>>
>> Vista.
>
> Nice try, but I am certainly no fan of Vista.
> I'm on record many times as stating such...
>
> The difference is, the Linux loons have been denying that problems exist
> with kde 4.x and now all of a sudden they post tripe like "when the bugs
> get fixed" etc....
>
> Hypocrites....

I've never thought that KDE 4 has been ready for mainstream release yet.
In fact, I installed it on my laptop (on which I use KDE, the rest of my
computers run on GNOME) and the next day I reverted back to KDE 3.5, and
I've been telling people how buggy it is right now ever since.

Rick

Jul 16, 2008, 11:16:58 AM7/16/08
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:57:18 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:16:40 +0100, Ben wrote:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> But........
>>>
>>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with
>>> Kde 4.x?
>>>
>>> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
>>>
>>> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....
>>>

>> Don't talk about initial releases of Linux products being unstable. I
>> have one word for you:
>>
>> Vista.
>
> Nice try, but I am certainly no fan of Vista. I'm on record many times
> as stating such...
>
> The difference is, the Linux loons have been denying that problems exist
> with kde 4.x and now all of a sudden they post tripe like "when the bugs
> get fixed" etc....
>
> Hypocrites....

Bigot bitch. KDE4 is not a production systems. The developers have said
so. At least of the distro packagers have said so. The developers have
said to wait AT LEST for 4.1, and possibly later.

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 16, 2008, 11:28:59 AM7/16/08
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:16:08 +0100, Ben wrote:

> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> Don't talk about initial releases of Linux products being unstable. I
>>> have one word for you:
>>>
>>> Vista.
>>
>> Nice try, but I am certainly no fan of Vista. I'm on record many times
>> as stating such...
>>
>> The difference is, the Linux loons have been denying that problems
>> exist with kde 4.x and now all of a sudden they post tripe like "when
>> the bugs get fixed" etc....
>>
>> Hypocrites....
>
> I've never thought that KDE 4 has been ready for mainstream release yet.

And that is what the KDE guys have been telling people.

> In fact, I installed it on my laptop (on which I use KDE, the rest of my
> computers run on GNOME) and the next day I reverted back to KDE 3.5, and
> I've been telling people how buggy it is right now ever since.

.. and that's why KDE 4 was released.. to fix and fix the bugs.

--
Rick

Rick

Jul 16, 2008, 11:31:17 AM7/16/08
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:11:47 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:54:19 -0500, Rick wrote:

>>> But........
>>>
>>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with
>>> Kde 4.x?
>>>
>>> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
>>>
>>> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....
>>
>> I have already given you references from the devs plainly stating that
>> KDE4 is not yet ready for production machines. It is a bleeding edge
>> release. It is out there to find the bugs and fix them.
>
> I'm not talking about developers, the real Linux advocates. I'm talking
> about Linux loons in COLA.

If there are any loons in COLA, they follow you.

> A totally different animal..

.. you are fascinated by animals now....

--
Rick

The Wizard of Oz

Jul 16, 2008, 11:52:58 AM7/16/08
The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
> <brick_...@gmail.com>
> wrote
> on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400
> <112gurw8i2nhe$.1kapjbjey01l6$.d...@40tude.net>:
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
>>>
>>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
>>> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
>>> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
>>>

>> But........
>>
>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
>> 4.x?
>
> There is plenty wrong with KDE 4.0. For starters, it looks nothing at
> all like Gnome, and the set-points of the GUI configuration do not
> overlap 100%.

Don't take this the wrong way. First off don't respond to whiny
immature name calling trolls. It only means you are sinking to their
level. It's best to ignore them. The argument "They started it first"
just doesn't cut it in the maturity department IMHO.

I agree there is a lot wrong with KDE 4.0. I've been using it for a few
months. Mainly because somebody goofed with the Kubuntu (KDE 3) I
downloaded so I couldn't get past the network manager to connect to the
net for updates or anything. It's a Kubuntu thing not a KDE thing
because other people are using KDE just fine.

Who cares if KDE looks like Gnome... For that matter who cares if Vista
looks like Windows 2.0... If people like the look of Gnome they'll run
Gnome. The whole reason for running KDE is because it is different from
Gnome.

>> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
>
> Not at all. One can merely go back to Windows Vista,
> which is now stable.

KDE 4 is getting more stable with each update. I gather Vista is being
abandoned in favour of Windows 7. Micro$oft must be doing that for a reason.

>> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

Whine whine whine... Whimper whimper whimper... Is that all you trolls
can come up with? (sorry for going against my own suggestion)

Later
Mike

Ben

Jul 16, 2008, 12:24:21 PM7/16/08
> ... and that's why KDE 4 was released.. to fix and fix the bugs.

Yup. I was just responding to Moshe's rant that Linux users have been
telling everyone that KDE 4 is ready for mainstream use.

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 16, 2008, 12:28:04 PM7/16/08

Sure...
I have 3 cats and a nice 110 gallon marine aquarium.

the wharf rat

Jul 16, 2008, 12:52:11 PM7/16/08
In article <bjweh63z5an$.t1w3000oq6g2$.d...@40tude.net>,

Moshe Goldfarb. <brick_...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have 3 cats and a nice 110 gallon marine aquarium.

I didn't even know cats could swim. Or do you mean you've
got them doing their AIT?

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 16, 2008, 1:29:22 PM7/16/08

Cute....
Actually cats are very good swimmers.
One of my cats, Tiberious, loves to swim in the pool.
The others will swim to the end and hop out when tossed into the pool.

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 16, 2008, 2:12:14 PM7/16/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, The Wizard of Oz
<Wiz...@EmeraldCity.gov>
wrote
on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:52:58 GMT
<uPofk.111209$gc5.50956@pd7urf2no>:

> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
>> <brick_...@gmail.com>
>> wrote
>> on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400
>> <112gurw8i2nhe$.1kapjbjey01l6$.d...@40tude.net>:

>>> But........
>>>
>>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
>>> 4.x?
>>
>> There is plenty wrong with KDE 4.0. For starters, it looks nothing at
>> all like Gnome, and the set-points of the GUI configuration do not
>> overlap 100%.
>
> Don't take this the wrong way. First off don't respond to whiny
> immature name calling trolls. It only means you are sinking to their
> level. It's best to ignore them. The argument "They started it first"
> just doesn't cut it in the maturity department IMHO.

If it's a legitimate target I reserve the right to follow their water
pistol with an elephant gun. ;-) I suppose I could have clarified
in that the problems predated KDE 4.0; KDE 3.5 clearly does not
look like Gnome either.

> I agree there is a lot wrong with KDE 4.0. I've been using it for a few
> months. Mainly because somebody goofed with the Kubuntu (KDE 3) I
> downloaded so I couldn't get past the network manager to connect to the
> net for updates or anything. It's a Kubuntu thing not a KDE thing
> because other people are using KDE just fine.
>
> Who cares if KDE looks like Gnome...

Snit does. ;-)

> For that matter who cares if Vista
> looks like Windows 2.0... If people like the look of Gnome they'll run
> Gnome. The whole reason for running KDE is because it is different from
> Gnome.

And here I thought the entire reason for running something was to get a
job done.

>>> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
>>
>> Not at all. One can merely go back to Windows Vista,
>> which is now stable.
>
> KDE 4 is getting more stable with each update. I gather Vista is being
> abandoned in favour of Windows 7. Micro$oft must be doing that for a reason.

To make more money? :-)

>>> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....
>>>

> Whine whine whine... Whimper whimper whimper... Is that all you trolls
> can come up with? (sorry for going against my own suggestion)

*shrug*

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Insert random misquote here.

chrisv

Jul 16, 2008, 2:31:57 PM7/16/08
The Wizard of Oz wrote:
> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
>> <brick_...@gmail.com>
>> wrote
>> on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400
>> <112gurw8i2nhe$.1kapjbjey01l6$.d...@40tude.net>:

>>> But........
>>>
>>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with
>>> Kde 4.x?
>>
>> There is plenty wrong with KDE 4.0. For starters, it looks nothing
>> at all like Gnome, and the set-points of the GUI configuration do not
>> overlap 100%.
>
> Don't take this the wrong way. First off don't respond to whiny
> immature name calling trolls. It only means you are sinking to their
> level. It's best to ignore them. The argument "They started it first"
> just doesn't cut it in the maturity department IMHO.

Who made you Net Nanny?

relic

Jul 16, 2008, 2:34:45 PM7/16/08
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:52:11 +0000 (UTC), the wharf rat wrote:
>
>> In article <bjweh63z5an$.t1w3000oq6g2$.d...@40tude.net>,
>> Moshe Goldfarb. <brick_...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have 3 cats and a nice 110 gallon marine aquarium.
>>>

>> I didn't even know cats could swim. Or do you mean you've
>> got them doing their AIT?
>
> Cute....
> Actually cats are very good swimmers.
> One of my cats, Tiberious, loves to swim in the pool.

> The others will swim to the end and hop out when tossed into the pool.

They won't if you put them into a burlap sack.

meerkat

Jul 16, 2008, 2:52:15 PM7/16/08

"relic" <rel...@cjb.net> wrote in message
That`s definitely worth a smile %> ).

Message has been deleted

chrisv

Jul 16, 2008, 3:29:25 PM7/16/08
some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

> Who made you Net Nanny?

Ignore the forger.

measekite

Jul 16, 2008, 3:57:00 PM7/16/08

The Wizard of Oz wrote:

KDE IS NOT BETTER THAN GNOME.

GNOME IS NOT BETTER THAN KDE.

THE BEST OF THE TWO IS THE ONE YOU LIKE USING THE MOST. SOME WILL SPEND
THE TIME AND LEARN BOTH BECAUSE THEY ENJOY IT. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG
THERE EITHER.

I USE GNOME SINCE IT IS THE DEFAULT AND TENDS TOWARD EASE OF USE AT THE
EXPENSE OF ADDITIONAL FEATURES THAT I DO NOT USE. OTHERS WANT
FEATURES. NOTHING WRONG THERE EITHER.

I WOULD SAY MY PREFERENCE IS LINUX -UBUNTU-GNOME OVER WINDOWS BUT LINUX
NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED AND NEEDS MORE HARDWARE OUT OF THE BOX SUPPORT AND
BETTER PRINTING AND SCANNING FUNCTIONS BUILT IN. IT WOULD ALSO BE NICE
TO HAVE A STANDARD PACKAGE MANAGER AND STANDARD FOLDERS FOR INSTALLS AND
CONFIG FILES ACROSS ALL LINUX DISTROS.

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 16, 2008, 3:38:56 PM7/16/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit
<use...@gallopinginsanity.com>
wrote
on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:27:55 -0700
<C4A399CB.C8C7D%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>:
> "The Ghost In The Machine" <ew...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net> stated in post
> u8q1l5-...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 7/16/08 11:12 AM:

>>> Who cares if KDE looks like Gnome...
>>
>> Snit does. ;-)
>
> No, they can have completely different looks... but I want
> the *choice* to have a desktop Linux distro with a
> non-fractured UI. So far no such distro exists, though,
> clearly, the folks who make Ubuntu have a similar goal.

I would want the choice to have most distros be able
to look almost identical, for the purpose of industrial
branding.

And yes, a distro does exist -- Mac OSX. This is not a
Linux distro but illustrates where we'd want to go with
this idea.

[snip]

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
/dev/brain: Permission denied

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 16, 2008, 3:33:24 PM7/16/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, chrisv
<chr...@nospam.invalid>
wrote
on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:31:57 -0700
<02c93bd2$0$26433$c3e...@news.astraweb.com>:

The Nattering Nabob Net Nanny Maker, of course.
I'll have to find her...

:-)

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net -- no, it's not MS's Crabby Office Lady
Windows. When it absolutely, positively, has to crash.

chrisv

Jul 16, 2008, 5:14:02 PM7/16/08

You, unlike others, enjoy humour and a good joust. Keep replying to the
trolls.

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 16, 2008, 6:26:22 PM7/16/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, somebody impersonating chrisv
<chr...@nospam.invalid>
wrote
on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:14:02 -0700
<487e6490$0$29793$c3e...@news.astraweb.com>:

> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, chrisv
>> <chr...@nospam.invalid>
>> wrote
>> on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:31:57 -0700
>> <02c93bd2$0$26433$c3e...@news.astraweb.com>:

[snippage]

>>> Who made you Net Nanny?
>>>

>> The Nattering Nabob Net Nanny Maker, of course.
>> I'll have to find her...
>>
>> :-)
>
> You, unlike others, enjoy humour and a good joust. Keep replying to the
> trolls.

Why thank you, Mister Impersonator. But don't expect any
leniency. :-P

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Murphy was an optimist.

Message has been deleted

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 16, 2008, 10:34:38 PM7/16/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit
<use...@gallopinginsanity.com>
wrote
on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:37:42 -0700
<C4A3F076.C8D7C%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>:

> "The Ghost In The Machine" <ew...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net> stated in post
> gbv1l5-...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 7/16/08 12:38 PM:

>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit
>> <use...@gallopinginsanity.com>
>> wrote
>> on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:27:55 -0700
>> <C4A399CB.C8C7D%use...@gallopinginsanity.com>:
>>> "The Ghost In The Machine" <ew...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net> stated in post
>>> u8q1l5-...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net on 7/16/08 11:12 AM:

>>> No, they can have completely different looks... but I want
>>> the *choice* to have a desktop Linux distro with a
>>> non-fractured UI. So far no such distro exists, though,
>>> clearly, the folks who make Ubuntu have a similar goal.
>>
>> I would want the choice to have most distros be able
>> to look almost identical, for the purpose of industrial
>> branding.
>>
>> And yes, a distro does exist -- Mac OSX. This is not a
>> Linux distro but illustrates where we'd want to go with
>> this idea.
>
> Well, OS X is not nearly as flexible in some areas... not without quite a
> bit of work, anyway.

I do believe you may have identified another tradeoff. ;-) Still,
I'd have to study the matter.

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt.

Message has been deleted

Ben

Jul 16, 2008, 11:28:37 PM7/16/08
The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
> I would want the choice to have most distros be able
> to look almost identical, for the purpose of industrial
> branding.

That's kind of contrary to the whole idea of Linux...

FAB

Jul 16, 2008, 11:34:57 PM7/16/08

linux is not an "idea"...is was simply a way of avoiding paying for an
os when lt was in college. Fanatics like you have simply blow it up into
something resembling a religion...when it was never meant to be a religion.
Oh, and rs is the real asshole!

Rick

Jul 16, 2008, 11:56:49 PM7/16/08
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:34:57 -0700, FAB wrote:

> Ben wrote:
>> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>>
>>> I would want the choice to have most distros be able to look almost
>>> identical, for the purpose of industrial branding.
>>

>> That's kind of contrary to the whole idea of Linux...
>
> linux is not an "idea"...is was simply a way of avoiding paying for an
> os when lt was in college.

You might want to read a few of the FSF web pages.

> Fanatics like you have simply blow it up into
> something resembling a religion...when it was never meant to be a
> religion. Oh, and rs is the real asshole!

--
Rick

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 16, 2008, 11:42:06 PM7/16/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ben
<beno...@gmail.com>
wrote
on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 04:28:37 +0100
<g5me95$h3l$1...@news.mixmin.net>:

I said "be able to"; they'd start out with their own colorations.
Still, you have a point, and it's possible it'll never happen
anyway, since corporations will probably insist that it look
like that certain other solution which is already available... ;-)

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Windows Vista. Because it's time to refresh your hardware. Trust us.

Ben

Jul 17, 2008, 12:35:33 AM7/17/08

Yes, that's how Linux started, right in the very very beginning. And
then it became more than that, even with Linus Torvalds' own admission.

Linux isn't a religion to me, nor will it ever be. But it's a great
piece of software distributed for absolutely nothing and I think more
people should be aware of it.

DFS

Jul 17, 2008, 12:52:32 AM7/17/08
Ben wrote:

> Linux isn't a religion to me, nor will it ever be. But it's a great
> piece of software distributed for absolutely nothing and I think more
> people should be aware of it.

Everyone is aware of it - that's why hardly anyone uses it.

chrisv

Jul 17, 2008, 10:08:19 AM7/17/08
some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

>You, unlike others, enjoy humour and a good joust. Keep replying to the
>trolls.

Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The
shamelessly-lying, snotty asshole who has the gall to accuse advocates
of being liars, based on his dishonest interpretations of what they
write? The worthless twit who pretends that advocates are unhelpful
jerks, with his "for the SEVENTH time" nonsense? The mentally-ill
loser who has been trolling, for YEARS, with the same "why does Linux
have only 1%, something must be wrong with it" BS, despite knowing
damn well the historical reasons for the 1%? The POS who googles the
world for Linux issues and posts them here, to "prove" that Linux
users sometimes have issues?

Sorry, but I don't see much potential for a "good joust" in any of the
above, nor do I see much "humour" in some immoral asshole attacking
people who are clearly the asshole's moral superiors.

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 17, 2008, 11:40:44 AM7/17/08

You sound like a mean person.

relic

Jul 17, 2008, 12:23:44 PM7/17/08
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:34:45 -0700, relic wrote:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> Cute....
>>> Actually cats are very good swimmers.
>>> One of my cats, Tiberious, loves to swim in the pool.
>>

>>> The others will swim to the end and hop out when tossed into the
>>> pool.
>>
>> They won't if you put them into a burlap sack.
>
> You sound like a mean person.

Moi? Didn't you see the "Kindly Old Gentleman" reference to me?

chrisv

Jul 17, 2008, 12:32:41 PM7/17/08
chrisv wrote:

>Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The
>shamelessly-lying, snotty asshole who has the gall to accuse advocates
>of being liars, based on his dishonest interpretations of what they
>write? The worthless twit who pretends that advocates are unhelpful
>jerks, with his "for the SEVENTH time" nonsense? The mentally-ill
>loser who has been trolling, for YEARS, with the same "why does Linux
>have only 1%, something must be wrong with it" BS, despite knowing
>damn well the historical reasons for the 1%? The POS who googles the
>world for Linux issues and posts them here, to "prove" that Linux
>users sometimes have issues?

Oh, I almost forgot about the trolling fsckwit who claims that
advocates are stupid | unreasonable | hypocritical because "they think
this", when, in fact, they think nothing of the kind.

chrisv

Jul 17, 2008, 12:41:57 PM7/17/08
chrisv wrote:
> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
>
>> You, unlike others, enjoy humour and a good joust. Keep replying to
>> the trolls.
>
> Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The

The Ghost In The Machine, of course (see how the attribute falls in the
thread). I'm surprised that you consider him a troll.

> shamelessly-lying, snotty asshole who has the gall to accuse advocates
> of being liars, based on his dishonest interpretations of what they
> write? The worthless twit who pretends that advocates are unhelpful
> jerks, with his "for the SEVENTH time" nonsense? The mentally-ill
> loser who has been trolling, for YEARS, with the same "why does Linux
> have only 1%, something must be wrong with it" BS, despite knowing
> damn well the historical reasons for the 1%? The POS who googles the
> world for Linux issues and posts them here, to "prove" that Linux
> users sometimes have issues?
>
> Sorry, but I don't see much potential for a "good joust" in any of the
> above

Where did I say there was? Have you not read any past threads involving
contributions from The Ghost In The Machine, or are you just 'on-the-rag'
today?

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 17, 2008, 1:48:08 PM7/17/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, someone impersonating chrisv
<chr...@nospam.invalid>
wrote
on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:41:57 -0700
<02cac831$0$2339$c3e...@news.astraweb.com>:

> chrisv wrote:
>> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
>>
>>> You, unlike others, enjoy humour and a good joust. Keep replying to
>>> the trolls.
>>
>> Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The
>
> The Ghost In The Machine, of course (see how the attribute falls in the
> thread). I'm surprised that you consider him a troll.

I certainly don't march lockstep with everyone here. ;-)

>> shamelessly-lying, snotty asshole who has the gall to accuse advocates
>> of being liars, based on his dishonest interpretations of what they
>> write? The worthless twit who pretends that advocates are unhelpful
>> jerks, with his "for the SEVENTH time" nonsense? The mentally-ill
>> loser who has been trolling, for YEARS, with the same "why does Linux
>> have only 1%, something must be wrong with it" BS, despite knowing
>> damn well the historical reasons for the 1%? The POS who googles the
>> world for Linux issues and posts them here, to "prove" that Linux
>> users sometimes have issues?
>>
>> Sorry, but I don't see much potential for a "good joust" in any of the
>> above
>
> Where did I say there was? Have you not read any past threads involving
> contributions from The Ghost In The Machine, or are you just 'on-the-rag'
> today?
>

>> , nor do I see much "humour" in some immoral asshole attacking
>> people who are clearly the asshole's moral superiors.

Followups.

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Linux. Because Windows' Blue Screen Of Death is just
way too frightening to novice users.

chrisv

Jul 17, 2008, 4:41:59 PM7/17/08
some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

>chrisv wrote:
>> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
>>
>>> You, unlike others, enjoy humour and a good joust. Keep replying to
>>> the trolls.
>>
>> Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The
>
>The Ghost In The Machine, of course (see how the attribute falls in the
>thread). I'm surprised that you consider him a troll.

Idiot. It takes two to have a "joust".

Ben

Jul 17, 2008, 4:50:55 PM7/17/08
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:34:45 -0700, relic wrote:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> Cute....
>>> Actually cats are very good swimmers.
>>> One of my cats, Tiberious, loves to swim in the pool.
>>
>>> The others will swim to the end and hop out when tossed into the pool.
>> They won't if you put them into a burlap sack.
>
> You sound like a mean person.

That's kinda rich from someone like you. ;)

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 17, 2008, 5:50:35 PM7/17/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, chrisv
<chr...@nospam.invalid>
wrote
on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:41:59 -0500
<ribv74d3e9pdtpnrt...@4ax.com>:

And one of us has to be a little more than a cardboard
cutout of a horsed knight with a lance...

[Scene: a jousting tourney, with a field. The field is
bisected by a rail on posts, suitable for running horses
against one another. Two knights at opposite ends of
the rail ready themselves, assisted by their squires.
A crowd is seated around the field, an expectant murmur
issuing therefrom as preparations continue for what should
be an exciting joust.]

Knight #1: "Hand me my shield and lance, squire."

Squire #1: "Aye, sir."

[Squire hands Knight his blunt-tipped wooden lance and
a heavy iron shield, painted with the Knight's crest.
The Knight accepts it, then tips it up in the air as he
looks at the King, resplendent in his robes high above
the tourney field, watching with a bored expression.
The Knight then lowers his lance back into ready position.
Oddly, Knight #2 and his squire haven't moved from their
positions at all during all this.]

K1: "Hm. Guess they're ready, though I would have thought
they wanted to at least say halloo. This is, after all,
a friendly match."

S1: "Right, sir."

[A trumpet blats. The Knight knees his horse into a canter,
running along the rail, shield ready, lance at chest height.
The second knight *still* hasn't moved, and the first Knight,
at the end of the rail, spears him in his shield, the lance
actually penetrating shield and chest as it does so...but
curiously there's no blood. The Knight pulls up on his horse
frantically.]

K1: "What??"

Crowd: *horrified gasp*

[The Knight ... for it's very clear to him now that what
he's hit is actually a simple cardboard or wooden cutout,
not a real person ... angrily lifts his lance and tries
to shake it off.]

Crowd: *another gasp, then nervous titters as they realize
what's happened*

K1: "Squire! SQUIRE!!! Help me get this thing off my lance!!"

[The squire rushes down the tourney field as the Knight flings
down his lance and gets off his horse. Between Knight and Squire,
they remove the now-holed cutout as a trumpet blats. The Knight
then takes his lance and shield and the reins of his horse,
leading it away with a disgusted air, the squire trailing after.]

....fin

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net -- erm, what millennium is it again? ;-)
Windows Vista. It'll Fix Everything(tm).

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 18, 2008, 11:20:03 AM7/18/08
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:48:08 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, someone impersonating chrisv
> <chr...@nospam.invalid>
> wrote
> on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:41:57 -0700
> <02cac831$0$2339$c3e...@news.astraweb.com>:
>> chrisv wrote:

>>> Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The
>>
>> The Ghost In The Machine, of course (see how the attribute falls in the
>> thread). I'm surprised that you consider him a troll.
>
> I certainly don't march lockstep with everyone here. ;-)

With all due respect Ghost, you seem to be smoking some good *Columbian
Gold* this days!
Your posts are becoming very obtuse....

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 18, 2008, 11:21:12 AM7/18/08

I'm not mean.
Just brutally honest..

Rick

Jul 18, 2008, 11:30:45 AM7/18/08
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:21:12 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:50:55 +0100, Ben wrote:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> You sound like a mean person.
>>>

>> That's kinda rich from someone like you. ;)
>
> I'm not mean.
> Just brutally honest..

No, you're brutally dishonest.

--
Rick

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 18, 2008, 12:47:27 PM7/18/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
<brick_...@gmail.com>
wrote
on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:20:03 -0400
<1oimpahg2jk1o$.1beckleh...@40tude.net>:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:48:08 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, someone impersonating chrisv
>> <chr...@nospam.invalid>
>> wrote
>> on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:41:57 -0700
>> <02cac831$0$2339$c3e...@news.astraweb.com>:

>>> The Ghost In The Machine, of course (see how the attribute falls in the
>>> thread). I'm surprised that you consider him a troll.
>>
>> I certainly don't march lockstep with everyone here. ;-)
>
> With all due respect Ghost, you seem to be smoking some good *Columbian
> Gold* this days!
> Your posts are becoming very obtuse....

Don't like subtlety? Not my problem. ;-)

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #2239120:
void f(char *p) {char *q = p; strcpy(p,q); }

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 18, 2008, 1:12:05 PM7/18/08
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 09:47:27 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
> <brick_...@gmail.com>
> wrote
> on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:20:03 -0400
> <1oimpahg2jk1o$.1beckleh...@40tude.net>:
>> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:48:08 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>>
>>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, someone impersonating chrisv
>>> <chr...@nospam.invalid>
>>> wrote
>>> on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:41:57 -0700

>>> I certainly don't march lockstep with everyone here. ;-)
>>
>> With all due respect Ghost, you seem to be smoking some good *Columbian
>> Gold* this days!
>> Your posts are becoming very obtuse....
>>

> Don't like subtlety? Not my problem. ;-)

Subtelty is one thing.
Long winded boring is another.

It's only your problem if you wish to have your posts read, completely.
Lately it's becoming as tiresome as reading Rex's voluminous posts.

Ben

Jul 18, 2008, 1:49:31 PM7/18/08
Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:50:55 +0100, Ben wrote:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> You sound like a mean person.
>>>

>> That's kinda rich from someone like you. ;)
>
> I'm not mean.
> Just brutally honest..

Could have fooled me.

I haven't heard a single honest word from you yet.

Ben

Jul 18, 2008, 1:49:36 PM7/18/08

I don't even think that adequately describes him.

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 18, 2008, 1:37:17 PM7/18/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
<brick_...@gmail.com>
wrote
on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:12:05 -0400
<5ap3m6mq9all.1h...@40tude.net>:

Naturally. The modern human is incapable of processing
anything more than a declarative sentence; hence
the term "sound byte", coined in (IIRC) the 1980's.
Once one writes more than about that amount of verbiage
it begins to blah blah blah Microsoft blah blah blah
Linux blah blah BLAH blah blah ... blah ... blah ....
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....blah....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(A related problem is that US residents aren't getting
enough sleep on average, but that's for another newsgroup.)

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #104392:
for(int i = 0; i < 1000000; i++) sleep(0);

Sinister Midget

Jul 18, 2008, 2:39:10 PM7/18/08
On 2008-07-18, The Ghost In The Machine <ew...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net> claimed:

> Naturally. The modern human is incapable of processing
> anything more than a declarative sentence; hence
> the term "sound byte", coined in (IIRC) the 1980's.
> Once one writes more than about that amount of verbiage
> it begins to blah blah blah Microsoft blah blah blah
> Linux blah blah BLAH blah blah ... blah ... blah ....
> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....blah....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Which begs the question, what does Mushy Goldfish think s/h/it's
accomplishing with s/h/it's frequent "I tried linux and it ate my dog
and bit my girlfriend" trolls?

--
A crash reduces
Your crap Windows computer

Roy Schestowitz

Jul 18, 2008, 4:07:00 PM7/18/08

Hadron

Jul 18, 2008, 3:42:46 PM7/18/08
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

Without proof you are opening yourself up to accusations of
libel. Again. Grow up man.

Rick

Jul 18, 2008, 4:20:25 PM7/18/08

Well, then, maybe a libel action should be brought.

--
Rick

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 18, 2008, 4:45:41 PM7/18/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Sinister Midget
<fardb...@gmail.com>
wrote
on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:39:10 -0500
<ej47l5-...@home2.harry.net>:

FUD. What else? :-)

Consider the average Joe. He knows little about computers,
though he's owned a Microsoft-based system for many years.
He hears of this new thing called Linux. Understandably,
he knows Microsoft (or thinks he does), and he might want
to try something that touts itself as being better,
but what if something goes wrong when converting and
he loses everything?

(That's what backups are for, admittedly. I'm not sure
if Windows solutions do them all that well.)

And of course if a computer freezes it ceases to be useful
until unfrozen. Presumably, the Ubuntu freezes are a
legitimate complaint with certain equipment but without
details *everyone* thinks it is a possibility with an
arbitrary desktop, laptop, or notebook -- hence the lack
of specifics. Of course the lack of specifics may have
a more benigh explanation as well; not everyone thinks
to look at, say, the Winmodem if the system freezes up
while it's not in use. (Probably not the best example,
but Linux loads up a lot of modules, the purpose of a number
of which aren't all that clear to me personally.)

And then there's the perception that quality goes
with cost. This may be why Microsoft is still superior
in market share today; Linux is free (as in readily
available for the cost of a download) and therefore,
to many minds, worthless. (This despite the fact that
it's higher-quality as well, by a number of metrics,
at least from an operations point of view; I don't know
how one would formally analyze the code, especially since
Microsoft hasn't seen fit to give us any except under NDA.)

Of course one other flip side of *that* is that Microsoft
is also "free" on preinstalls, so I'm not entirely sure
of that one either.

Strange fact: at least one daycare center, after
implementing a charge for not picking up Junior or Missy in
a timely manner, has seen an *increase* in such incidents,
exchanging shame or guilt for a de facto contract payment
for extra daycare time, apparently.

Something similar may be operating regarding Windows,
or it may be simply that the average Joe doesn't want to
exchange a solution that's proven itself (if only to be
reliably unreliable) to a solution that has not, though
one wonders what the threshold is.

And I've lamented in the past about the public noticing
small improvements in Windows regarding reliability and
functionality, while ignoring Linux.

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #12398234:
void f(char *p) {char *q = strdup(p); strcpy(p,q);}

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 18, 2008, 4:46:47 PM7/18/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron
<hadro...@googlemail.com>
wrote
on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:42:46 +0200
<g5qrnq$3to$1...@registered.motzarella.org>:

FWIW, Moshe hasn't polymorphed (AFAICT, anyway) since he
first showed up here. I doubt he's Gary Stewart, though
I wonder how many Gary Stewarts we do have perambulating
around here.

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Windows Vista. Because it's time to refresh your hardware. Trust us.

no...@home.com

Jul 18, 2008, 5:27:31 PM7/18/08
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:46:47 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine
<ew...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net> wrote:

>FWIW, Moshe hasn't polymorphed (AFAICT, anyway) since he
>first showed up here. I doubt he's Gary Stewart, though
>I wonder how many Gary Stewarts we do have perambulating
>around here.

Should we all now stand up and declare "I am gary Stewart?"

The Ghost In The Machine

Jul 18, 2008, 5:31:38 PM7/18/08
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, no...@home.com
<no...@home.com>
wrote
on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:27:31 +0100
<3l2284hlidvo8s17m...@4ax.com>:

You may if you wish. I'm not.

:-P

#191, ewi...@earthlink.net
Insert random misquote here.

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 18, 2008, 10:41:18 PM7/18/08
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:42:46 +0200, Hadron wrote:

Hahahha!
Schestowitz has absolutely zero proof of that urban legend and he knows it.
The smarter Linux advocates know it as well, but they will never admit it
although some, kier for example, have asked Schestowitz and company for
proof but as usual he runs and hides behind his mama's checkbook.

The proof is in the pudding which is the fact that if Schestowitz was right
he would easily prove it and spread such proof all over the place to
discredit me.

He can't because it's not true.

I though Schestowitz was a girl BTW?
I think the kids call it "metro" these days.

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 18, 2008, 10:47:03 PM7/18/08

For what?
Watching Schestowitz make an ass of himself?

The more Schestowitz talks, the worse it is for Linux advocacy as well as
himself.

Besides, I'm not that kind of person.

The real fun is going to start soon when Schestowitz is going to have to
substantiate his statements against various corporations and his creative
choice of words and subject lines which *is* considered libelous.

I'm just going to sit back, crack open a nice bottle of Chianti, fry some
fava beans and liver and watch Schestowitz crumble like the tower of Babel.

And I am going to enjoy every minute of it!

So will the REAL Linux advocates because if the email i receive quite
frequently is any indication, many of them have no use for his SPAM and
just wish he would go away.

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 18, 2008, 10:49:23 PM7/18/08

Thank you for being honest Ghost....
Maybe I was a little harsh on you concerning your posts.
Sometimes I don't pick up the finer points of writings and as a result miss
some of the better lines.
I'll be a little more careful in the future.

Rick

Jul 18, 2008, 11:11:45 PM7/18/08

Read:"Without proof you are opening yourself up to accusations of libel."

> The more Schestowitz talks, the worse it is for Linux advocacy as well
> as himself.
>
> Besides, I'm not that kind of person.

The kind of person that backs up claims?

> The real fun is going to start soon when Schestowitz is going to have to
> substantiate his statements against various corporations and his
> creative choice of words and subject lines which *is* considered
> libelous.

And you just asked "For what?"

> I'm just going to sit back, crack open a nice bottle of Chianti, fry
> some fava beans and liver and watch Schestowitz crumble like the tower
> of Babel.
>
> And I am going to enjoy every minute of it!
>
> So will the REAL Linux advocates because if the email i receive quite
> frequently is any indication, many of them have no use for his SPAM and
> just wish he would go away.

Oh sure. the whole world emails you because you are just the happening
thing. Right.

--
Rick

Sinister Midget

Jul 19, 2008, 1:31:04 AM7/19/08
On 2008-07-18, The Ghost In The Machine <ew...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net> claimed:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Sinister Midget
><fardb...@gmail.com>
> wrote
> on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:39:10 -0500
><ej47l5-...@home2.harry.net>:
>> On 2008-07-18, The Ghost In The Machine <ew...@sirius.tg00suus7038.net> claimed:
>>
>>> Naturally. The modern human is incapable of processing
>>> anything more than a declarative sentence; hence
>>> the term "sound byte", coined in (IIRC) the 1980's.
>>> Once one writes more than about that amount of verbiage
>>> it begins to blah blah blah Microsoft blah blah blah
>>> Linux blah blah BLAH blah blah ... blah ... blah ....
>>> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....blah....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>> Which begs the question, what does Mushy Goldfish think s/h/it's
>> accomplishing with s/h/it's frequent "I tried linux and it ate my dog
>> and bit my girlfriend" trolls?
>>

> FUD. What else? :-)

But if nobody is likely to read more than a small snippet, the huge
amount of wording is wasted.

Unless s/h/it gets paid by the letter, word or response. Or unless
s/h/it likes to look at the "witty" nonsense s/h/it produces.

--
Vista: The ME of NT.

Roy Schestowitz

Jul 19, 2008, 2:35:57 AM7/19/08

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Friday 18 July 2008 20:46 : \____

For those who wish to pursue (and have the time) to take Gary to prison (some
people contacted me with the intention of pursuing this), here are some past
USENET messages.

He mainly focuses on /comp.os.linux.advocacy/ but he regularly (cross-)posts
to other groups, & to non-computer related groups.

Gary Stewart on c-24-60-155-178.hsd1.ma.comcast.net

This was investigated & tied this very same address to the "linux-sux troll.
This address is a cable user in Mass.
Apparently Gary Stewart IS the linux-sux troll as well as being the flatfish
troll.

He lives at one of these addresses:

93 Thayer St, Millville, MA

30 Chickatawbut St, Dorchester, MA

229 N Brookfield Rd, Barre, MA

From: "mjcr" <m...@mindspring.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.linux.sux
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 19:12:12 -0800

That is right Gary M. Stewart is the real identity of the long term
winvocate and wintroll who has haunted COLA and perhaps a.l.s as well who
has gone by the false identities of:

quimby, Wilbur J. Quimby, fawnlebowitz, junk_trapper, Fawn Lebowitz,
the_flatfish, juke_joint, Whizzer, whppier, t, WinRulez, linux_sux, Jeff
Szarka, Collie Entragion, Deadpenguin, , ., Amy, BklynBoy, Claire Lynn,
[Ff]latfish+++, [fF]latfish, [Ff]latfish++++, Grendel, Heather, Heather69,
Ishmeal Hafizi, Jerry Butler, McSwain, Mike Hunt, Mike, Pickle Pete,
Proculous, S, Sarek, Saul Goldblatt, Saul, Sewer Rat, Simon, Simon777,
Sponge, Steve, Susan Wong, Susie Wong, Swango, Syphon, Tiberious, Tim
Palmer, Willy Wong, Wobbles, bison, hepcat, keymaster, keys88, leg log,
noone, piddy, screwbilk, scummer, steveno, teknite, trailerpark, unknown,
wazzoo, whparker, nob...@nowhere.org, bill.gates.loves.me,
%^$&&&&&&&&&&&&@!!!!!!!!!!!!!.com,

I will now provide my train of reasoning in determining that he/she/it is
Gary.

Soon after I started reading COLA, I had my first run in with this person.
At the time he was using the names of Simon777, Susie Wong, and Willy
Wong.  I really took notice of him as more than just a passing troll, when
he spent nearly 12 hours trying to get past my firewall. That lead to a
series of exchanges that showd that Gary had comitted identity theft by
using the the email address of real persons to hide behind.  Gary
professed his innocent transgression and established the account of
deadpeng...@earthlink.net.  He then claimed that would be his only
identity from then on, this account was a real one.  But it didn't last
soon Claire Lynn had come along.  Just like with the attacks of 9/11 Gary
had professed the profound effect it had on his values, and that "The OS
Wars" were over for him; we now see how empty a statement that really was.

At first I noted a feeling of Deja Vue while reading Gary's prattlings.
Then with his use of Keymaster an identity and his statements of
having been a sysop of a BBS, I started suspecting that I knew who he is.
For a while I intended to watch and wait and compare details.  As time
carried on, I became more an more certain of his identity because he kept
using identies that I have seen before and has kept using language and
phrasings that I have seen before.  What is more both the phrasing and the
identites came from the same person from the days of computer Bulletin
Board Systems.

Now let's take a look at Gary M. Stewart from his days as a BBS sysop.
Gary was known for using multiple identities.  He was quite militant
against certain brands of software.

The BBS was a Telegard BBS named "The Great AbysS".  The official handle
of the sysop of the board was Keymaster; however, he would normally post
in the echoes as Gary M. Stewart (sometimes without the middle initial).
The Great AbysS was the centeral hub for GaSpNet a Fido Technology based
Network owned by Gary.  The Great AbysS was also a node on a number of
other BBS networks: Fidonet, UGNGASP (was GaSpNet before the name change),
NIRVANAnet, Paul Revere Net, PODnet.  Gary was running a FUD campain
againt Renegade BBS and OS/2, and by extension IBM PS/2's.  Gary was also
a beta tester of Telegard BBS.

One day his BBS stopped running taking with it GaSpNet.  He started
leaving messages on other BBS's of the then late GaSpNet begging for
donations to repair his BBS.  After collecting a sizeable sum, (so it was
claimed), rather than repairing his BBS and going back on-line and
bringing his network back to life, he moved back east with the money.  He
was the thirdsysop in the area to pull a stunt like that.  Gary's stunt
marked the beginning of the end of BBS's in this area.  Callers and
fellow sysops were nologer too willing to pay for BBS access or to help a
sysop in financial trouble keep his BBS running.

Here are some quotes of statments by Gary or reguarding Gary in his
network's echoes that are quite similar to the pratling of Gary here in
COLA.

Telegard 2.5g source code was pirated:

- -----included text---------
Papers!  Papers!  Papers!  Ve must see your papers!

You're almost 50 years too late.

Burned any good Jews?
- -----end included text---------

Reply to a question asking what is wrong with Renegade BBS:

- -----included text---------
Renegade is a fuckin abortion.

Telegard RULEZ!!!!!
- -----end included text---------

- -----included text---------
OS/2 sucks
DOS rules

PM SUCKS
Windows RULZ.

Now get to fuck off my board.
- -----end included text---------

- From a sysop of another BBS that was a node on GaSpNet:

- -----included text---------
Hey!  Keymaster, Gary, Steve, Mike, Simon or whoever the fuck you are
calling youself today!
[...]
- -----end included text---------

After locking out a "caller" to The Great AbysS and announcing it via
an echo of GaSpNet:

- From one sysop:

- -----included text---------
Awwww come on!  Let Tim back on...or we will never hear from you again,
keymaster.  We know that Tim = keymaster = Alice = Gary = you.
NOW CUT THE ACT!
- -----end included text---------

- From another sysop:

- -----included text---------
OK,  Gary, Simon, winrulez, drkool, keymaster, Mike, W.J. Quimby, Tim
you got tired of your "Tim" name but you don't got to make this show
of lockin it out.
- -----end included text---------

I guess Gary is one old dog that can not give up his old tricks and it is
those tricks that lead to his identity.  Just like how Quimby was cought
today by Terry Porter was the same method I used to identify Gary as the
person who tried to crack into my systems.

I find the odds that these two persons, Gary and he/she/it are not one
and the same to be quite slim.  That said, even with Gary's name exposed,
he is still anonymous enough.  There are at least 19 Gary Stewart's in
the state of New York and 4 more in the state of New Jersey.

I run Linux, no bloody RedHat, Debian, Slackware, or Corel, just Linux.
Linux accepted my new hardware without any effort on my part.
Windows took one look at my new hardware and committed suicide.

Also:
From: flat...@mariana.trench
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.linux.sux
Subject: Re: Come and meet Gary "flatfish" Stewart

On Sun, 04 Nov 2001 19:12:12 -0800, "mjcr" <m...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>That is right Gary M. Stewart is the real identity of the long term
>winvocate and wintroll who has haunted COLA and perhaps a.l.s as well who
>has gone by the false identities of:

Gee that's news to me......

The real Gary was very easy to find, although not in NY anymore.

I'll give ya a hint, it ain't me.

I'll give you another piece of advice.

Think "Defamation of Character", not by me (because that is not my
name, or even my gender), but possibly by him or in fact legally, any
of the "Gary M. Stewart's" in the NY/NJ phone book and are a phone
call away from being informed of your little witch hunt.

In short, you damm well better be able to prove your accusations and
cut and paste fabricated logs will not suffice.

For starters you got the wrong gender.

For closers, you aren't even in the right state of the union, or mind
for that matter, but we shall address that later.

>quimby, Wilbur J. Quimby, fawnlebowitz, junk_trapper, Fawn Lebowitz,
>the_flatfish, juke_joint, Whizzer, whppier, t, WinRulez, linux_sux, Jeff
>Szarka, Collie Entragion, Deadpenguin, , ., Amy, BklynBoy, Claire Lynn,
>[Ff]latfish+++, [fF]latfish, [Ff]latfish++++, Grendel, Heather, Heather69,
>Ishmeal Hafizi, Jerry Butler, McSwain, Mike Hunt, Mike, Pickle Pete,
>Proculous, S, Sarek, Saul Goldblatt, Saul, Sewer Rat, Simon, Simon777,
>Sponge, Steve, Susan Wong, Susie Wong, Swango, Syphon, Tiberious, Tim
>Palmer, Willy Wong, Wobbles, bison, hepcat, keymaster, keys88, leg log,
>noone, piddy, screwbilk, scummer, steveno, teknite, trailerpark, unknown,
>wazzoo, whparker, nob...@nowhere.org, bill.gates.loves.me,
>%^$&&&&&&&&&&&&@!!!!!!!!!!!!!.com,

Yawwwnnn...Ya missed a few, but that will actually work in your favor
in the number of counts filed against you.

>I will now provide my train of reasoning in determining that he/she/it is
>Gary.

Reasoning?

Is that what you call it?

Looks more like cut and paste fairy-tale time to me.

>Soon after I started reading COLA, I had my first run in with this person.
>At the time he was using the names of Simon777, Susie Wong, and Willy
>Wong.  I really took notice of him as more than just a passing troll, when
>he spent nearly 12 hours trying to get past my firewall.

Gee. It was 10 hours in a previous message and the ip address of the
culprit shows an Earthlink Dialup.
Wonder how "Gary" pulled that one off considering they flush the lines
every 8 hours or so. Worldnet flushes them 7.5 hours to the second,
although they won't admit it.
So "Gary" wasted all his bandwidth pinging you and then after being
flushed, ended up with exactly the same IP address?

Oh yea BTW...How did "Gary" get your IP address in the first place?

And another thing, why didn't you contact the offenders ISP and get
him/her tossed?
You were obviously disturbed by the event having recorded and kept
logs, like a true soldier, all these years.
Why not report him/her?

Seems simple to me if you have real proof that is.

Of course the ISP is going to run a trace and see that your
accusations are fabrications

That is why you never reported it because you knew all along.

And since Mindspring and Earthlink are really one and the same, you
would look like a complete idiot (which normally you do anyway) so you
chose to make things up instead.

> That lead to a
>series of exchanges that showd that Gary had comitted identity theft by
>using the the email address of real persons to hide behind.

No...It lead to a mistake whereby somebody mistakenly used an email
address already in use by another person and this was quickly
rectified.

Happens all the time her' mcjr, except in the case of people who are
foolish enough to use their own names and id's.

Speaking of which, do you realize that you piss off people in every
group you frequent.

Google confirms that nicely. You make enemies at every turn of the
bit.

God I love Google!

Must be the German in me.....

>  Gary
>professed his innocent transgression and established the account of
>deadpeng...@earthlink.net.

Was this "Gary"?

Proof please.

Gee could have fooled me.

>  He then claimed that would be his only
>identity from then on, this account was a real one.

Oh I see... You had to fill out an entire new set of "papers" and this
made work for you.

Gotta be accurate you know her' mjcr, accuracy counts.

- From what history tells us they knew exactly how many seconds it
took...well you get the idea her' mcjr.

Oh BTW why don't you tell the story of how you made veiled threats
against several people for using the word geek.

Better get ready to sue FOX TV because they have a show by that name.

>  But it didn't last
>soon Claire Lynn had come along.

It's a miracle. Another troll is born.

> Just like with the attacks of 9/11 Gary
>had professed the profound effect it had on his values, and that "The OS
>Wars" were over for him; we now see how empty a statement that really was.

The only thing that appears empty around here, excepting for your head
of course, is your lack of any solid proof.

But let us continue.

>At first I noted a feeling of Deja Vue while reading Gary's prattlings.
>Then with his use of Keymaster an identity and his statements of
>having been a sysop of a BBS, I started suspecting that I knew who he is.

Keymaster?

Do a search on google and you will find THOUSANDS of keymasters all
the way from musicians, to hackers to locksmiths, to security people
to dungeon and dragon people.

Very popular handle.

>For a while I intended to watch and wait and compare details.  As time
>carried on, I became more an more certain of his identity because he kept
>using identies that I have seen before and has kept using language and
>phrasings that I have seen before.  What is more both the phrasing and the
>identites came from the same person from the days of computer Bulletin
>Board Systems.

And your proof is?

Some made up, cut and pasted text.

ha!

That's a good one.

>Now let's take a look at Gary M. Stewart from his days as a BBS sysop.
>Gary was known for using multiple identities.  He was quite militant
>against certain brands of software.

Militant? You mean like Terry, Max, Jedi and others are.

Your proof again?

More cut and paste?

Sorry, that don't cut it....

>The BBS was a Telegard BBS named "The Great AbysS".  The official handle
>of the sysop of the board was Keymaster; however, he would normally post
>in the echoes as Gary M. Stewart (sometimes without the middle initial).

Keymaster?

8660 hits on Google.....

Seems pretty popular.

That's like walking into Harlem and looking for a guy named
Tyrone......

Or walking into Williamsburg and looking for a guy named Morrie.

Did I say Morrie?

Ooops....

>The Great AbysS was the centeral hub for GaSpNet a Fido Technology based
>Network owned by Gary.  The Great AbysS was also a node on a number of
>other BBS networks: Fidonet, UGNGASP (was GaSpNet before the name change),
>NIRVANAnet, Paul Revere Net, PODnet.  Gary was running a FUD campain
>againt Renegade BBS and OS/2, and by extension IBM PS/2's.  Gary was also
>a beta tester of Telegard BBS.

Ahhh so NOW we know the reason for your deep seated hatred of this guy
Gary.

He slandered the PS/2.

BTW where is your proof?

Not that "Gary" upset your fruit basket (emphases on FRUIT,
de-emphasis on basket, as in basket-case), but that I am Gary?

>One day his BBS stopped running taking with it GaSpNet.  He started
>leaving messages on other BBS's of the then late GaSpNet begging for
>donations to repair his BBS.  After collecting a sizeable sum, (so it was
>claimed), rather than repairing his BBS and going back on-line and
>bringing his network back to life, he moved back east with the money.

Your proof that this "Gary" was me?

Oh I see.... I took all that money and that is why I don't have to
work anymore...

Yea that makes sense.

>  He
>was the thirdsysop in the area to pull a stunt like that.

Maybe he got sick of you harassing him?

Sounds to me like you were stupid enough to send him money and now
realize what a fool you were.

>  Gary's stunt
>marked the beginning of the end of BBS's in this area.  Callers and
>fellow sysops were nologer too willing to pay for BBS access or to help a
>sysop in financial trouble keep his BBS running.

Gee that's really strange, because my BBS (on RIME running Wildcat!)
didn't cost a dime other than the extra line at $12.00/month, a one
time software purchase, almost free modems from USR.
The major investment was time, which I had plenty of.

>Here are some quotes of statments by Gary or reguarding Gary in his
>network's echoes that are quite similar to the pratling of Gary here in
>COLA.

No.

Here are typical statements made by thousands of people everyday.

>Telegard 2.5g source code was pirated:

>-----included text---------
>Papers!  Papers!  Papers!  Ve must see your papers!

Sounds like the caller was you. A person who keeps logs and documents
everything from 5 years ago, remembers things from 1980's in detail
and generally has a life that exists in the past because he didn't
move forward with the times (ie: your equipment) falsifies claims and
just plain makes things up.

Sounds like a boot polishing bunker boy to me.

In fact it sounds just like YOU.

>You're almost 50 years too late.

Yep...A reference to above.

>Burned any good Jews?

Odd that I would say that considering I am half German....

>-----end included text---------

Yea right....I can make things up as well.

Again, your proof?

>Reply to a question asking what is wrong with Renegade BBS:

>-----included text---------
>Renegade is a fuckin abortion.

Never used it.

X "is an abortion" is a common comment. Check Google and see how many
hits you get. Insert whatever you like for "x".

>Telegard RULEZ!!!!!
>-----end included text---------

Never used Telegard, but RULEZ is another common expression. Again
check your beloved Google for details.

Remember, we must document everything and be accurate here, and if we
have no facts we must make them up as we go along all for the
perceived victory of the fatherland.

>-----included text---------
>OS/2 sucks
>DOS rules

Wrong.... I have always gone on record as saying OS/2 was great but
missed it's mark due to bad advertising by IBM.

>PM SUCKS
>Windows RULZ.

You spelled it wrong...

We MUST be accurate now her' mjcr.

BTW your boots are not shined.

>Now get to fuck off my board.

Rarely do I use profanities, on occasion, but rarely. I leave that to
the LinoScrews in order for them to demonstrate that they have run out
of ideas.

>-----end included text---------

Ahh yes... Cut and paste again

>From a sysop of another BBS that was a node on GaSpNet:

>-----included text---------
>Hey!  Keymaster, Gary, Steve, Mike, Simon or whoever the fuck you are
>calling youself today!
>[...]
>-----end included text---------

Another made up story....

Gee, you're even better at it than I am, maybe you should consider a
career trolling the WIndows groups?

>After locking out a "caller" to The Great AbysS and announcing it via
>an echo of GaSpNet:

>From one sysop:

>-----included text---------
>Awwww come on!  Let Tim back on...or we will never hear from you again,
>keymaster.  We know that Tim = keymaster = Alice = Gary = you.
>NOW CUT THE ACT!
>-----end included text---------

Haaaa...

Do you actually save all this stuff?

GET A LIFE DUDE BECAUSE YOU ARE COMING UNDONE!!

>From another sysop:

>-----included text---------
>OK,  Gary, Simon, winrulez, drkool, keymaster, Mike, W.J. Quimby, Tim
>you got tired of your "Tim" name but you don't got to make this show
>of lockin it out.
>-----end included text---------

You mean, end of cut and paste made up text.

BTW,

Quimby, 61,900 hits on Google.

I took it from the Burt Reynolds movie Semi-Tough.

Fawn Lebowitz?

Killed in a kilin explosion in the movie "Animal House".

Notice my comment to one of the other Linux supporters, that he was
close.

Got ya again her' mcjr.

>I guess Gary is one old dog that can not give up his old tricks and it is
>those tricks that lead to his identity.  Just like how Quimby was cought
>today by Terry Porter was the same method I used to identify Gary as the
>person who tried to crack into my systems.

Terry Porter couldn't catch as case of the flu in Alaska in the middle
of winter.

The number of times he has been not even close is staggering. There
are others, who are far wiser and shrewd, be he is a flunky.

>I find the odds that these two persons, Gary and he/she/it are not one
>and the same to be quite slim.

Coming from a moron like you it's not surprising.

>  That said, even with Gary's name exposed,
>he is still anonymous enough.  There are at least 19 Gary Stewart's in
>the state of New York and 4 more in the state of New Jersey.

I suggest you start calling them all and find out for yourself.

Hell, I'll even save you some time, forget about NJ and start in NY,
although you'll have to scour the entire state because I have 3 homes.
I'll give you another clue:

I am none of the names I use, yet I am all of the names I use.

Now file that one away, document it, polish your boots and jump back
into your bunker.

Oh yea, one last thing mcjr:

Have you lost any weight since you used to manage the computer lab at
school?

You couldn't even walk between the desks and they had a special chair
made just for you because you kept breaking the regular one.

Why don't you tell us all about the time you re-wired the ethernet
cables to reflect the IEE standards without realizing that everything
in the entire network was wired wrong.

Yea....

Nothing worked when you through.

Word is you were quite a big one pushing 300lbs.

Fat is not good for your heart, especially when it is all located in
your head.

So how do "I" know this?

A little research on my own part, which can easily be proved.
How about a picture mjcr?

Yea that's what I thought....

So there you have it. I wasn't even going to waste the time replying,
but I felt I must because by remaining silent I would validate his
idiotic claims.

Here you have a case based solely on conjecture, wild claims and
falsified ip records.

If my ports were being scanned, I would report the person to his/her
ISP and post the response letter.

Ooops maybe I shouldn't have said that, because that will be the next
thing he makes up.

I was going to cut and paste his firewall logs and change the dates
and ip addresses to reflect his account, but why bother.
The people here are not idiots. They know exactly how easy it is to
fake anything.

The point is, that over the years that I have been posting in this
group, there has NEVER been ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT of me scanning ports,
sending email bombs, harassing people and so forth.
Except for a 300lb paranoid idiot who lives in the past (current year
- -10) for you programmers.

I do battle everyday with the likes of you and some of you are better
at it than others. Even Porter, who basically is wrong 99 percent of
the time or more, is not a liar.

Closing point, if I haven't email bombed Bilk by now, why screw with
an overweight geek who is going nowhere?

And has ABSOLUTLEY NO SOLID PROOF.

At least Bilk is intelligent.

flatfish

From: tjpor...@gronk.porter.net (Terry Porter)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.linux.sux

On Mon, 05 Nov 2001 22:26:26 GMT, flatf...@mariana.trench in article
 <ulvdutcqscs2jtfplibb75lrg6s5fhe...@4ax.com> dashed off:

>On Sun, 04 Nov 2001 19:12:12 -0800, "mjcr" <m...@mindspring.com>
>wrote:

>>That is right Gary M. Stewart is the real identity of the long term
>>winvocate and wintroll who has haunted COLA and perhaps a.l.s as well who
>>has gone by the false identities of:

>Gee that's news to me......

I doubt it, because in the years I've had to put up with your time
wasting name changes, I've never seen you write such a long and
indignant post.

I think Mjcr has hit all of "Flatfish's" hot buttons this time.

Well done Mjcr.

- --
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | "I blame God for making me an atheist"

Linonut

Jul 19, 2008, 10:26:56 AM7/19/08

> For those who wish to pursue (and have the time) to take Gary to prison (some
> people contacted me with the intention of pursuing this), here are some past
> USENET messages.

Stop crossposting this crap, guys. I want to read a /clean/ Ubuntu
newsgroup.

--
Never invest your money in anything that eats or needs repainting.
-- Billy Rose

Moshe Goldfarb.

Jul 19, 2008, 12:06:15 PM7/19/08
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 06:35:57 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> For those who wish to pursue (and have the time) to take Gary to prison (some
> people contacted me with the intention of pursuing this), here are some past
> USENET messages.

Like I said roy Schestowitz, if you had any sort of proof you would be
blabbing it all over the place.

You don't.

What you have is the ramblings of a COLA nutcase (the author of the
supposed COLA FAQ, in fact) mjcr who shortly after posting that fabrication
conjurred up from the bowels of his twisted mind, went *skitzo*...

He left the group abrubtly when he claimed that Microsoft was threatening
the safety of his family.

Crazy people like mjcr and you, Roy Schestowitz, seem to find each other
for some odd reason.

Here is mjcr's message claiming Microsoft is threatening his family:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/bc64c6e578019d77?dmode=source

From: mjcr <m...@mindspring.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: RIP: COLA FAQ and Primer for COLA
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:17:26 -0700

The FAQ and Primer for COLA will no longer be published. I do not want my
family endangered, so the document is being withdrawn the project is being
canceled and my other pro-Linux projects and efforts are also being
canceled.

Yea, great source of evidence, Roy Schestowitz.

BTW you *do* realize that mjcr has returned and is currently posting in
COLA don't you?

He is one of the sicker, mentally ill types.

So like I said, the more you open your pathetic trap, Roy Schestowitz, the
more you confirm that you are a very strange person and in need of medical
help.
Hopefully, your full time SPAMMING activities come with a health insurance
allowance for psychiatric care because that is what you need.