[News] Assessing the Best Linux Distributions

1 view

Roy Schestowitz

Jan 30, 2007, 4:59:18 AM1/30/07
What's the best Linux for resellers?

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently was contacted by a major Unix reseller. The company
| had a very simple question: with the writing on the wall for
| Unix growing bigger and bigger with every quarter, which
| Linux should they adopt?
`----

Here's a guy whose broken Windows leads him to consider Linux.

Reformatting: Taking Drastic Measures

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm tempted to go Linux to establish my geek cred, but 1) I probably
| wouldn't get it working by Wednesday; 2) I'd have to reformat my hard
| drive anyway; and 3) I haven't even begun looking into what
| distributions would be best for me. Some day I'll take the
| plunge just not this week.
`----

http://www.theamericanmind.com/2007/01/29/reformatting-taking-drastic-measures/

Damian O'Leary

Jan 30, 2007, 6:12:00 AM1/30/07
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> What's the best Linux for resellers?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I recently was contacted by a major Unix reseller. The company
> | had a very simple question: with the writing on the wall for
> | Unix growing bigger and bigger with every quarter, which
> | Linux should they adopt?
> `----

linx reseller who cant figure that for themselves?

Sounds like another basement nerd trying to grab a bit of the cake before
its all carved up. I bet he's discovering that too many distros sure is a
lot of, unnneecessary, choice. Doh.