[News] Microsoft Drops Support and Demonstrates Why Proprietary Software Fails

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 17, 2008, 10:51:06 PM3/17/08
Microsoft ditches support for Money

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has dropped support for Money 2005 and described it as "obsolete" -
| even though the company claims it's still good enough for UK users.
|
| In our online banking feature in this month's PC Pro we described "Money as a
| little unloved at Microsoft" after the company failed to issue a new UK
| version in three years, despite a US release just last year.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/178854/microsoft-ditches-support-for-money.html

Good luck to people whose finances are tied to binary blob which isn't
maintained anymore.

Related:

A Perception of Lack of Support for Open Source Should Not Stop Adoption of
Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| People seem hesitant to accept open source because “there is no company
| behind it” like Microsoft. First of all, from an OS standpoint, support of
| Linux distros by the companies that publish them has come a long way in the
| past few years. Companies like Canonical (the distributor of Ubuntu Linux),
| Novell (SuSE Linux), and Red Hat offer support programs that can assist you
| with your problem, although these programs vary in pricing and how they are
| conducted. The point is, however, that despite the fact that the OS is
| developed, maintained, and improved by an amorphous body of programmers (the
| open source community), there are real companies behind the distros that will
| be there if you have a question or problem.
`----

http://lawtech.wordpress.com/2008/03/01/support-linux-open-source/

Microsoft's Genuine Advantage

,----[ Snippet ]
| A lot of managers are afraid to use Open Source Software, because it
| doesn't come with any support. Of course that isn't true. It is a classical
| piece of FUD. And then again, how much is support worth?
|
| [...]
|
| MS:   Microsoft Support. Good morning, sir. Can I help you.
| IC:   Windows displays some strange message on my screen.
| MS:   What's the message, sir.
| IC:   ReadStringFromInf: UpdSpGetLineText failed: 0xe0000102; Microsoft
| Windows is Not Present
| MS:   May I have your product key, sir.
| IC:   [gives completely valid product key]
| MS:   Ok, sir. Can you please reboot your PC?
| IC:   Will that solve the problem?
| MS:   Please reboot your PC, sir.
| IC:   Ok, ok, wait a minute.
| MS:   Please call us again if you eXPerience any more problems. Have a
| nice day, sir. [click]
`----

http://thebeez.vnunetblogs.com/the_beez_speaks/2006/09/microsofts_genu.html

I work for MS but even I struggle to get a hot-fix

,----[ Quote ]
| The problem took 260 minutes to resolve from start to
| finish and an estimated 90 minutes of Ledgard's time,
| not including the time it took to write-up his problems...
| Still, the frustrations experienced by Ledgard give
| a salutary lesson that Microsoft's online product
| support is mediocre, at best, and will surely strike
| a chord with many long-suffering sys admins.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/24/ms_hot-fix_hell/

The top Linux support weaknesses, then and now

,----[ Quote ]
| In 2003, SearchEnterpriseLinux.com visited the Linux support landscape
| with a list of Linux support weaknesses. A lot has happened over the
| past four years, as is evident in the success of Red Hat and
| Novell's subscription-based support models and the meteoric
| rise of commercial-grade Ubuntu support, to name a few.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1262974,00.html

Microsoft Y2K bug circa 1998?

,----[ Quote ]
| On January 8th of this week my parents received a phone call which they
| dodged because the call was coming through at 11:00 p.m. at night.
|
| The next day they retrieved the voicemail message which was from Microsoft
| technical support calling me back to see if my problem has been resolved.
|
| [...]
|
| I remember in the past year or so when I called Microsoft and the problem was
| not resolved (BSOD after Microsoft patch) that Microsoft did call me back the
| next day to see if i made any progress in my little computer crises (which I
| though was super cool of them... I was really impressed)...
| but wait a second .... or wait 315,569,260 seconds ....
| Microsoft hadn't done this (call me back that is) the first time I called ...
| and I called many years ago.... but that must have been when I was living at
| home with my parents..... which is why they called me at my parents phone
| number.
`----

http://bicbickers.blogspot.com/2008/01/microsoft-y2k-bug-circa-1998.html

Top 10 reasons why Microsoft's Xbox 360 Customer Service is "teh br0ken".

,----[ Quote ]
| So there you have it Microsoft, the Top 10 reasons your support
| system is "teh br0ken", from my admittedly short experience with
| it. When I'd assumed a company of your size would set the standard
| for customer service, I didn't mean the standard by which to do
| better than...
|
| I realize it's probably no great revelation that their customer
| service sucks, but come on, why can't they fix this? Can they
| only fix simple things? That makes them useless for people with
| "real" problems.
`----

http://www.gamercastnetwork.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28315&postcount=68

Another Xbox Support Nightmare

,----[ Quote ]
| We seem to be receiving an increasing number of horror stories from
| Xbox 360 owners who have had to call Microsoft's Bangalore-based
| tech support call center. When your reason for calling is a
| bricked console, one would think it would be a painless and
| quick procedure to get the thing replaced or repaired.
| Apparently not the case, according to Brent from Consumerist.com
`----

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10875/

Xbox 360s Still Dying, Customer Service Still Crap

,----[ Quote ]
| "They'll handle everything, they're great. They'll even pay for shipping
| and Fed-Ex it for you. That's what they did for my systems (yes, plural)
| when they died."
`----

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/xbox-360s-still-dying-customer-service-still-crap-222843.php

Which is better for technical support

,----[ Quote ]
| I have found in general that with open source support you often get
| more than what you pay for but with closed source support, by some of
| the biggest names in software, the support is often lacking in the
| value department. With open source asking for support has generally
| resulted in a solution within a week and I have never paid for it.
| However with closed source companies I have open tickets that have
| not been resolved in months. With open source I can communicate
| directly with the author(s) of the program and work closely with
| them to find a solution. Closed source on the other hand has just
| requested information, verified the bug and then informed us that
| the solution may be available in the next release of the program.
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/which-is-better-for-technical-support-13621
http://tinyurl.com/ygspn7

A practical guide to Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Putting off that New Year's resolution to get started on Linux? Here's a
| combination of book and distribution that will lay a strong foundation for
| Linux projects
`----

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;539164937;fp;2;fpid;2

Mark Kent

Mar 18, 2008, 3:54:30 AM3/18/08
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> espoused:

> Microsoft ditches support for Money
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft has dropped support for Money 2005 and described it as "obsolete" -
>| even though the company claims it's still good enough for UK users.
>|
>| In our online banking feature in this month's PC Pro we described "Money as a
>| little unloved at Microsoft" after the company failed to issue a new UK
>| version in three years, despite a US release just last year.
> `----
>
> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/178854/microsoft-ditches-support-for-money.html
>
> Good luck to people whose finances are tied to binary blob which isn't
> maintained anymore.

This sums up the problems with lock-in. Using a proprietary package of
any kind risks precisely this problem at some indeterminate point in the
future. Whilst it's true that legacy environment libraries and
emulators like dosbox and wine can help to a point, they will not be
remotely helpful in getting updates and fixes made to such things
anyway.

Microsoft are, in order to save money, reducing their "portfolio" of
"free" applications in Windows. This will, in due course, bring
something which looks a little more like competition in the windows
applications space, but it's too late now to stop the rise of the linux
machine, even if it could ever have been stopped (it's hard to compete
with free).

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 18, 2008, 12:13:10 PM3/18/08
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:54:30 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> This sums up the problems with lock-in. Using a proprietary package of
> any kind risks precisely this problem at some indeterminate point in the
> future.

But yet over here you say this Mark Kent:

"At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our services,
allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."

Mark Kent
Head of Technology Strategy

http://www.jnetx.com/index.php?id=products

https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com/SDK/Solutions/SolutionDetailsView.aspx?solutionid=9bf1884cf9354bbeb110ba73b82dbdb4

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/2/b/12bedb1a-0b15-4fe9-be7b-275fb83964d4/Jnetx_Sandbox_Demo.pptx

So which one is it hypocrite?

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

Suzi Wong

Mar 18, 2008, 5:04:31 PM3/18/08

Duncan Meyer

Mar 18, 2008, 5:11:19 PM3/18/08

"Suzi Wong" <Suzi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Thank you for making this Linux advocacy group the cestpool it deserves to
be. Thanks to people like you any interested newcomers will surely be driven
away.

[H]omer

Mar 18, 2008, 7:15:52 PM3/18/08
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft ditches support for Money

Well that's just great.

I actually received Money 05 as a gift 3 years ago. The big selling
point was that it supposedly worked with online banking, for those lucky
enough to have an account at the one or two banks that were actually
supported.

Mine wasn't.

I lost interest in it rapidly after that, not that there was much to
maintain my interest anyway. The interface was horribly unintuitive and
disconnected. There never was an update provided to support my bank,
that I'm aware of.

I suppose I could have tried selling it on eBay, but for the sake of the
tenner or so I might have made, it didn't seem worth the effort. It's
currently gathering dust on a shelf next to a couple of dozen PC
magazine coverdiscs that I've never used either. It'll be gathering dust
in a landfill site soon, once I bin it, now that it's officially become
Abandonware.

Ah the "joys" of proprietary software.

There's a certain black irony in Microsoft abandoning a product that
supposedly enables /other/ people to manage finances, isn't there?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
`----

23:15:29 up 88 days, 20:51, 4 users, load average: 0.13, 0.10, 0.06

Roy Schestowitz

Mar 18, 2008, 7:32:37 PM3/18/08
____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 18 March 2008 23:15 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft ditches support for Money
>
> Well that's just great.
>
> I actually received Money 05 as a gift 3 years ago. The big selling
> point was that it supposedly worked with online banking, for those lucky
> enough to have an account at the one or two banks that were actually
> supported.
>
> Mine wasn't.
>
> I lost interest in it rapidly after that, not that there was much to
> maintain my interest anyway. The interface was horribly unintuitive and
> disconnected. There never was an update provided to support my bank,
> that I'm aware of.
>
> I suppose I could have tried selling it on eBay, but for the sake of the
> tenner or so I might have made, it didn't seem worth the effort. It's
> currently gathering dust on a shelf next to a couple of dozen PC
> magazine coverdiscs that I've never used either. It'll be gathering dust
> in a landfill site soon, once I bin it, now that it's officially become
> Abandonware.
>
> Ah the "joys" of proprietary software.
>
> There's a certain black irony in Microsoft abandoning a product that
> supposedly enables /other/ people to manage finances, isn't there?

It abandons children too, not just software, over which it maintain exclusive
rights.

Gates demands better schools as Gates-backed school closes

,----[ Quote ]
| But just before the Gates editorial appeared, word broke that one of
| the hi-tech schools in the heart of Silicon Valley will be shut down
| because of a lack of funding and students.
|
| The board of directors behind the High Tech High in Redwood City
| -- the home of Oracle -- last week voted unanimously to mothball
| the school less than two years after it opened.
|
| [...]
|
| Parents and students broke down in tears during a meeting about the
|                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| school, saying they were promised a five-year commitment to keep the
| project going.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/27/gates_school/

It could be worse. The children could be locked up in school with a stack of
XBox360s.

--
~~ Best of wishes

Microsoft loves competition.
"Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I’m going to fucking bury that guy, I
have done it before, and I will do it again. I’m going to fucking kill
Google."
--Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

[H]omer

Mar 18, 2008, 8:05:03 PM3/18/08
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/27/gates_school/

Yes I remember that one well.

> It could be worse. The children could be locked up in school with a
> stack of XBox360s.

Well being subjected to two years of the Vole's propaganda is bad
enough. I wonder if they ever received counselling (deprogramming) for
their trauma (brainwashing)?

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
`----

00:04:45 up 88 days, 21:40, 4 users, load average: 0.03, 0.07, 0.10

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 18, 2008, 8:25:38 PM3/18/08
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:15:52 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft ditches support for Money
>
> Well that's just great.

Money is a terrible program.
Quicken is far superior.

> I actually received Money 05 as a gift 3 years ago. The big selling
> point was that it supposedly worked with online banking, for those lucky
> enough to have an account at the one or two banks that were actually
> supported.
>
> Mine wasn't.

Lying again?

http://reviews.cnet.com/accounting-and-finance/microsoft-money-essentials-2008/4505-6405_7-32740041.html

Features

"Like Intuit Quicken, Money will display in one place your account details
from thousands of supporting banks, brokerages, and credit cards."

> I lost interest in it rapidly after that, not that there was much to
> maintain my interest anyway. The interface was horribly unintuitive and
> disconnected. There never was an update provided to support my bank,
> that I'm aware of.

The interface sucks and the program is very unintuitive.
I agree.

> Ah the "joys" of proprietary software.

No kidding Jack.....
Mark Kent is laughing all the way to the bank.

Hadron

Mar 18, 2008, 9:01:15 PM3/18/08
Moshe Goldfarb <brick....@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:15:52 +0000, [H]omer wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Microsoft ditches support for Money
>>
>> Well that's just great.
>
> Money is a terrible program.
> Quicken is far superior.
>

>> I actually received Money 05 as a gift 3 years ago. The big selling
>> point was that it supposedly worked with online banking, for those lucky
>> enough to have an account at the one or two banks that were actually
>> supported.
>>
>> Mine wasn't.
>
> Lying again?
>
> http://reviews.cnet.com/accounting-and-finance/microsoft-money-essentials-2008/4505-6405_7-32740041.html
>
> Features
>
> "Like Intuit Quicken, Money will display in one place your account details
> from thousands of supporting banks, brokerages, and credit cards."
>
>> I lost interest in it rapidly after that, not that there was much to
>> maintain my interest anyway. The interface was horribly unintuitive
>> and

Aha! Suddenly an intuitive and consistent UI *IS* important when MS get
it wrong. I hope you're listening RonG and Rick.

Tim Smith

Mar 18, 2008, 10:44:39 PM3/18/08
In article <2467200.P...@schestowitz.com>,

Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> Gates demands better schools as Gates-backed school closes

Why no mention of the several other schools in the program that are
doing fine?

--
--Tim Smith

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Hadron

Mar 19, 2008, 5:26:30 AM3/19/08
"A. Talsta" <ata...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2008-03-19, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Aha! Suddenly an intuitive and consistent UI *IS* important when MS get
>> it wrong. I hope you're listening RonG and Rick.
>

> Please, could someone provide those "this is a good UI docs" so I can
> also see what's wrong in my system. Snit provided one good link witch
> really made me understand this whole UI thing in a way I had never
> thought.
>
> My fluxbox works just like it work and I can't see any UI problems, slrn
> uses different keys than elinks but is that just normal.
>
> ftp://kone.dnsalias.org/2008-03-19-092644_1280x1024_scrot.png

Please use google. There are millions of such documents and articles.

Mark Kent

Mar 19, 2008, 5:23:06 AM3/19/08
A. Talsta <ata...@gmail.com> espoused:

> On 2008-03-19, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Aha! Suddenly an intuitive and consistent UI *IS* important when MS get
>> it wrong. I hope you're listening RonG and Rick.
>
> Please, could someone provide those "this is a good UI docs" so I can
> also see what's wrong in my system. Snit provided one good link witch
> really made me understand this whole UI thing in a way I had never
> thought.
>
> My fluxbox works just like it work and I can't see any UI problems, slrn
> uses different keys than elinks but is that just normal.
>
> ftp://kone.dnsalias.org/2008-03-19-092644_1280x1024_scrot.png

ah, a Sn1t nym. Others have said that he does this, but this is the
first time I've actually seen one.

chrisv

Mar 19, 2008, 9:02:16 AM3/19/08
> Hadron quacked:

>> Aha! Suddenly an intuitive and consistent UI *IS* important when MS get
>> it wrong. I hope you're listening RonG and Rick.

Idiot. In a transparent attempt to troll, you mixed disparate
concepts, making an asshole of yourself yet again, "true Linux
advocate" Hadron Quack.

Hadron

Mar 19, 2008, 9:05:46 AM3/19/08
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> writes:

I didn't "mix" anything. I pointed out the hypocrisy in COLA. Sometimes
standards are good (when OSS does it or tries to do it) and sometimes
bad (when OSS does not do it).

Make up one of your minds.

A. Talsta

Mar 19, 2008, 9:58:01 AM3/19/08
On 2008-03-19, Mark Kent <mark...@demon.co.uk> wrote:
> A. Talsta <ata...@gmail.com> espoused:
>> On 2008-03-19, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Aha! Suddenly an intuitive and consistent UI *IS* important when MS get
>>> it wrong. I hope you're listening RonG and Rick.
>>
>> Please, could someone provide those "this is a good UI docs" so I can
>> also see what's wrong in my system. Snit provided one good link witch
>> really made me understand this whole UI thing in a way I had never
>> thought.
>>
>> My fluxbox works just like it work and I can't see any UI problems, slrn
>> uses different keys than elinks but is that just normal.
>>
>> ftp://kone.dnsalias.org/2008-03-19-092644_1280x1024_scrot.png
>>

> ah, a Sn1t nym. Others have said that he does this, but this is the
> first time I've actually seen one.

Why do you think that? Read the stuff yourself.

http://www.usabilityprofessionals.org/upa_publications/upa_voice/volumes/4/issue_3/common_principles.htm

It's really simple stuff. I'd say everyone knows this but it's still
true.

--
A. Talsta

Ezekiel

Mar 19, 2008, 10:09:36 AM3/19/08

\

--- "I actually received Money 05 as a gift 3 years ago. The big selling

point was that it supposedly worked with online banking, for those lucky
enough to have an account at the one or two banks that were actually
supported. Mine wasn't"

Homer is too stupid to even lie properly. Here's a partial list (A-C) of
the "one or two" banks he lies^h^h^h "claims" are supported.

http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx#

AB&T National Bank
Abilene Teachers FCU
Abington Bank
ABNB Federal Credit Union
Accentra Credit Union
ACCESS Federal Credit Union
Access National Bank
Achieva Credit Union
Acme Continental Credit Union
Acuity Bank
Addison Avenue Federal Credit Union
Advantage Bank
Advantage National Bank
Advantage One FCU
Advantis Credit Union (formerly PACE Credit Union)
Advisor's Choice
AEDC Federal Credit Union
Aetna Retirement Services
AF Bank
Affinity Credit Union (IA)
Affinity Federal CU
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
AgFirst FCU
Agriculture Federal Credit Union
Air Academy FCU
Alabama Credit Union
Alabama Telco Credit Union
Alamance Bank
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
Albany Bank & Trust Company
Albany Bank and Trust
Aldine Teachers CU
ALIANT Bank
ALLCO Credit Union
Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Allegiance Bank
Allegiance Community Bank
Allegiance Credit Union
Allegiance CU (formerly Federal Employees CU)
Allegis Credit Union
Alliance Bank -- Minnesota
Alliance Bank (IN)
Alliance Bank (VA)
Alliance Bank and Trust
Alliance Bank Kansas
Alliance Bank/Synovus
Alliance Credit Union (CA & NC)
Alliance FCU
Allied Bank
Allied First Bank
Allied Healthcare FCU
Allied Pilots Association FCU
AllSouth Federal Credit Union
Alpine Bank
Alta Alliance Bank
AltaOne Federal Credit Union
Altier Credit Union
AM Federal Credit Union
Amalgamated Bank of Chicago
Amarillo National Bank
Amboy National Bank
AMCORE
Amegy Bank
Ameriana Bank
America California Bank
America First Credit Union
American Airlines Federal Credit Union
American Bank - Wisconsin
American Bank & Trust
American Bank Eau Claire
American Bank Lake City
American Bank of Commerce
American Bank of New Jersey
American Bank of Texas
American Bank Online
American Bank
American Banking Company
American Federal Savings Bank
American First Credit Union
American First FCU
American FSB
American Home Bank, N.A.
American Marine Bank
American Momentum Bank
American National Bank (CO & WY)
American National Bank (IA)
American National Bank Lincoln
American National Bank Omaha
American Patriot Bank
American River HealthPro Credit Union
American Riviera Bank
American Savings Bank (HI)
American State Bank & Trust
American State Bank (IA)
American State Bank (TX)
American Trust Federal Savings Bank
American Trust
Americas Choice Credit Union
America's Christian Credit Union
America's First Federal Credit Union
Americas United Bank
Americhoice FCU
Ameris Bank (formerly Merchants and Farmers Bank)
Amerivest
AMG National Trust Bank
Amoco Federal Credit Union
Amplify Federal Credit Union
Anchor Bank - Washington
Andes State Bank
Andrew Johnson Bank
Anheuser-Busch CU
AnMed Health FCU
Ann Arbor Commerce Bank
Anoka County Federal Credit Union
Anson Bank & Trust
Antelope Valley Federal Credit Union
AOD Federal Credit Union
APCO EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION
APEX Community FCU
APL Federal Credit Union
Apollo Trust Company
Apple Federal Credit Union
AppleTree Credit Union
Aquesta Bank
Arapahoe Bank & Trust
Archer Bank
Area Bank
Arizona Bank
Arizona Central CU
Arizona Federal Credit Union
Arizona State Credit Union
Arkansas Federal Credit Union
Arkansas National Bank
Arlington Virginia FCU
Army Aviation Center FCU
Aroostook County Federal S&L Assn
Arrowhead Community Bank
Arrowhead Credit Union
Arsenal Credit Union
Artisans Bank
Arvest Bank (Bentonville, AR)
ASB Bank (NZ)
Ascencia Bank
Ascentra Credit Union
Asheville Savings Banking
Ashland Inc Employees Credit Union
ASI Federal Credit Union
Associated Bank
Associated Credit Union
Associated Healthcare Credit Union
Astoria Federal Savings
AT & T Family FCU
Athens First Bank & Trust Company
Athol Savings Bank
ATL Credit Union
Atlanta Business Bank
Atlanta Postal Credit Union
Atlantic Bank of New York
Atlantic Employees FCU
Atlantic Financial FCU
Atlantic National Bank
Atlantic Pacific Bank
Atlantic Regional FCU
Atlantic Stewardship Bank
Auburn Community Bank
Audi Bank USA
Aurora Policemen Credit Union
Austin Area Teachers Federal Credit Union

Ballston Spa National Bank
Baltimore County Savings Bank
BancFirst
Banco Popular North America (BPPR)
BancorpSouth Bank
Bangor Savings Bank
Bank & Trust Company
Bank @LANTEC
Bank at Ormond By-The-Sea
Bank At United
Bank CaroLine
Bank First Financial Services
Bank of Agriculture & Commerce
Bank of Albuquerque
Bank of America (All except CA, WA, & ID)
Bank of America (CA)
Bank of America (WA & ID)
Bank of America Military
Bank of American Fork
Bank of Ann Arbor
Bank of Arkansas
Bank of Asheville
Bank of Astoria
Bank of Auburn Hills
Bank Of Bartlett
Bank of Bellevue
Bank of Benton
Bank of Bentonville
Bank of Blue Valley
Bank of Bolivar
Bank of Botetourt
Bank of Camilla
Bank of Central Florida
Bank of Choice
Bank of Clark County
Bank of Clarke County
Bank of Cleveland
Bank of Colorado
Bank of Commerce
Bank of Cordell
Bank of Coweta
Bank of Dickson
Bank of Easton
Bank of Edmonson County
Bank of Elk River
Bank of Evansville
Bank of Fayetteville
Bank of Fincastle
Bank of Florida - Aventura
Bank of Florida
Bank of Frankewing
Bank of George
Bank of Georgetown
Bank of Granite
Bank of Gray
Bank of Hampton Roads
Bank of Hartington
Bank of Hawaii
Bank of Hazlehurst
Bank of Hiawassee
Bank of Highwood - Fort Sheridan
Bank of Holland, The
Bank of Holly Springs
Bank of Hydro
Bank of Idaho
Bank Of Illinois
Bank of Internet USA
Bank of Jackson Hole
Bank of Lake Mills
Bank of LaPlace
Bank of Laramie, N.A.
Bank of Lenawee
Bank of Lincoln County
Bank of Magnolia
Bank of Manhattan
Bank of Marin
Bank of Maumee
Bank of Missouri
Bank of Montgomery
Bank of Montreal (Canada)
Bank of Murfreesboro
Bank of Naples
Bank of Nashville
Bank of New Albany
Bank of New York - BNY Connect
Bank of New York
Bank of Newport
Bank of North Carolina
Bank of North Georgia
Bank of Northern Michigan, The
Bank of Oklahoma
Bank of Okolona
Bank of Old Monroe
Bank of Orange County
Bank of Pensacola
Bank of Perry
Bank of Pine Hill
Bank of Prairie du Sac
Bank of Prattville
Bank of Ridgeway
Bank of Santa Barbara
Bank of Santa Clarita
Bank of Shorewood
Bank of Smithtown
Bank of Southside Virginia
Bank of Springfield
Bank of Stanly
Bank of Star Valley
Bank of Stockton
Bank of Sullivan
Bank of Tampa, The
Bank of Tennessee
Bank of Texas
Bank of the Bluegrass & Trust
Bank of the Cascades
Bank of the Commonwealth
Bank of the Mountains
Bank of the Northwest
Bank of the Ozarks
Bank of the Pacific, The
Bank of the San Juans
Bank of the Sierra
Bank of the South
Bank of the Southwest
Bank of the West (TX)
Bank of the West
Bank of the West
Bank of Thomas County
Bank of Tucson
Bank of Tuscaloosa
Bank of Utah
Bank of Versailles
Bank of Walker County
Bank of Walnut Creek
Bank of Western Massachusetts
Bank of Winnfield
Bank of Wyoming
Bank of Yates City
Bank of Yazoo City
Bank One
Bank Reale
Bank Rhode Island
Bank United Florida
Bank West
Bank1440
Bank2
BankAtlantic
BankDirect
Bankers Trust
BankFinancial
Bank-Fund Staff FCU
BankNewport
BankSouth
BankTrust
Banner Bank
Banque Laurentienne du Canada
Banque National du Canada
Banta Community CU
Banterra Bank
Baraboo National Bank
Barclays International Banking
Barksdale Federal Credit Union
Barre Savings Bank
Barrington Bank & Trust Co
Baton Rouge City Parish Emp FCU
Baxter CU
Bay Bank & Trust Co.
Bay Cities Bank
Bay Cities National Bank
Bay Community Bank
Bay Federal Credit Union
Bay Gulf Credit Union
Bay State Federal Bank
BayLands Federal Credit Union
Baylor Health Care System Credit Union
BayPort Credit Union
Bayshore National Bank
Bay-Vanguard FSB
BB&T
BB&T
BC National Banks
Beacon Bank
Bear Paw Credit Union
Beaumont Area Educators FCU
BECU
Bedford Independent Federal CU
Beehive Credit Union
Belco Community Credit Union
Bell Com Credit Union
Bellco Credit Union
Bellco First FCU
Bellwether CCU
Benchmark Bank
Beneficial Savings Bank
Benjamin Franklin Savings Bank
Benton Banking Company
Berkshire Bank
Berlin City Bank
Berrien Teachers Credit Union
BESTSOURCE Credit Union
Bethpage Federal Credit Union
Beverly Bank & Trust Co., N.A.
Beverly National Bank
Big Sky Western Bank
Billings Federal Credit Union
Birmingham Bloomfield Credit Union
Black Mountain Community Bank
Blackhawk Credit Union
BlackHills FCU
Blackshear Bank
Blue Ball National Bank
Blue Plans Credit Union
Blue Ridge Bank & Trust Co.
B-M S Federal Credit Union
BMI FCU
BMO Bank of Montreal
BN West Credit Union
BNC National Bank
Boardwalk Bank
Boiling Springs Savings Bank
Boone County Bank - Business
Boone County Bank - Personal
Borel Bank & Trust
Bossier Federal Credit Union
Boston Private Bank & Trust Company
Boulder Municipal Employees FCU
Bowling Green Bank & Trust
Brady National Bank
Brattleboro Savings & Loan
Brazos Valley Schools Credit Union
Bremen Bank
Brenham National Bank
Brewery Credit Union
Bridge Bank, N.A.
Bridgehampton National Bank
Bridgeview Bank
Bridgewater Savings
Brighton Bank
Bristol County Savings Bank
British Airways Employees FCU
Britton & Koontz First Nat Bank
Broadway Bank & Trust
Broadway Bank
Brookline Bank
Brotherhood Credit Union
Broward Schools CU
Brown Bank
Brownbuilder FCU
Brownsville Deposit Bank
Bruceton Bank
Brunswick Employees FCU
Bryan Bank and trust
Bryant Bank
BSB Bank & Trust
Buckhead Community Bank
BUCS Federal
Buffalo Grove Bank & Trust
Bulldog Federal Credit Union
Bullitt County Bank
Burke & Herbert Bank and Trust
Burlington CU
Business Bank of Baton Rouge
Business Bank of CA
Butte Community Bank
BWCU
Byron Bank

Cabarrus Bank & Trust Company
Cabool State Bank
Cache Valley Bank
Cadence Bank
Cairo Banking Company
Cal National Bank
Cal Poly Federal Credit Union
Calcasieu Teachers & Employees Credit Union
Caldwell State Bank
California Bank & Trust
California Bank of Commerce
California Coast CU
California Credit Union
California Federal Bank
Calnet Business Bank
Caltech Employees FCU
Calvert Bank
Cambridge Savings Bank
Cambridge Trust Company
Camden National Bank - Alabama
Camden National Bank
Camelback Community Bank
Cameron Credit Union
Cameron State Bank
Camino FCU
Campus Federal Credit Union
Campus USA Credit Union
Canada - Advisor's Choice
Canada - Banque Laurentienne du Canada
Canada - Banque National du Canada
Canada - Canada Trust
Canada - CIBC (English)
Canada - CIBC (Francais)
Canada - HEPCOE Credit Union Limited
Canada - ING DIRECT
Canada - Investment Planning Counsel of Canada
Canada - IPC Gestion du Patrimoine
Canada - Laurentian Bank of Canada
Canada - Le Choix du Conseiller
Canada - Libro Financial Group
Canada - mbanx
Canada - National Bank of Canada
Canada - President's Choice Financial
Canada - SOLUTIONS BANCAIRES (Francais)
Canada - SOLUTIONS BANKING
Canada - TD Bank
Canada - TD Canada Trust
Canada Trust
CannonElectric FCU
Canon National Bank
Canyon Medical Health CU
Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank
Cape Savings Bank
Capital City Bank (AL, GA, FL)
Capital City Bank (KS)
Capital Communications FCU
Capital Community Bank
Capital Crossing Bank
Capital Educators Federal Credit Union
Capital One bank
Capital One Financial Corp
Capital State Bank
Capital Trust Federal Credit Union
CapitalBank
CapitalMark Bank & Trust
CapitalSouth Bank
Capitol Area School Employees CU
Capitol Credit Union
Capitol National Bank
CAPSTAR Bank
CapStone Bank
Cardinal Bank
Cardinal State Bank
CardMember Services
Carolina Collegiate FCU
Carolina Federal Savings Bank
Carolina First
Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union
Carolinas Telco FCU
Carroll County State Bank
Carrollton Bank
Carson National Bank
Carter County Bank
Cary Bank & Trust
Cascade Bank
Cascade FCU
Cascades Community FCU
Castle Bank
Castle Rock Bank (MN)
Castle Rock Bank
Catholic Aid Association Credit Union
Cavalry Banking
CB&T Bank of East Alabama
CB&T Bank of Middle Georgia
CB&T of West Georgia
CBC Federal Credit Union
CDC Federal Credit Union
Cecil Federal Savings Bank
Cedar Falls Community Credit Union
Cedar Point Federal Credit Union
CEFCU
Centennial Bank of the West
Centennial Bank Utah
Center State Bank
Centera Bank
Centier Bank
Centinel Bank of Taos, New Mexico
Centra Bank
Centra Credit Union
Central Bank & Trust Co. (KS)
Central Bank (FL)
Central Bank (MN)
Central Bank and Trust
Central Bank MO - Business
Central Bank MO - Personal
Central Bank of Georgia
Central Bank Utah
Central Bank, Kentucky - Consumer
Central BOLO - Business
Central BOLO - Personal
Central California Bank
Central Carolina Bank
Central City Credit Union
Central Co-Operative Bank
Central CU of Illinois
Central Federal Savings & Loan
Central Florida Educators FCU
Central Jersey Bank N.A
Central Jersey Bank
Central Maine FCU
Central Michigan Community FCU
Central Minnesota FCU
Central National Bank (KS)
Central National Bank of Enid
Central National Bank
Central Progressive Bank
Central Savings Bank
Central Valley Bank
Central Virginia Federal Credit Union
Central Willamette Credit Union
Centris Federal Credit Union
Centura Bank
Century Bank & Trust
Century Bank Federal Savings Bank
Century Bank of Kentucky, Inc.
Century Bank
Century Federal Credit Union
CFBank
CFS Bank
Champaign National Bank
Charles Schwab Bank, N.A.
Charleston Area Federal Credit Union
Charlevoix State Bank
Charlotte State Bank
Charter Bank
Charter National Bank
Charter One Bank
CharterBank
Chartway Federal Credit Union
Chase
Chelsea State Bank
Chemcel Employees FCU
Chemco Federal Credit Union
Chemical Bank
Cherokee Bank, N.A.
Chesapeake Bank
Chesterfield Federal Credit Union
Chetco Federal Credit Union
Chevron Federal Credit Union
Chevy Chase Bank
Chicago Community Bank
Chicago Patrolmens FCU
Chicopee Savings Bank
Chief Pontiac Federal Credit Union
China Trust Bank (U.S.A.)
Chino Commercial Bank
Chittenden Bank Online
Choice Bank
Choice Financial Group
Christian Community Credit Union
Christian Financial Credit Union
Church Development Funds, Inc.
CIB Bank Chicago
CIBC (English)
CIBC (Francais)
Cincinnati Postal Employees CU
Cintel Federal Credit Union
Citadel FCU
Citibank Bank
CitiBusiness Credit Cards
Citizens & Farmers Bank
Citizens & Northern Bank
Citizens 1st National Bank (Iowa)
Citizens and Merchants Bank (GA)
Citizens Bank - Business
Citizens Bank - Clients First
Citizens Bank - Consumer
Citizens Bank & Trust - FL
Citizens Bank & Trust Co.
Citizens Bank Minnesota
Citizens Bank of Canada
Citizens Bank of Forsyth County, The
Citizens Bank of Fort Valley
Citizens Bank of Kansas
Citizens Bank of Las Cruces
Citizens Bank of Mukwonago
Citizens Bank of Oviedo
Citizens Bank of Philadelphia
Citizens Bank Tri-Cities
Citizens Bank USA
Citizens Bank Wakulla
Citizens Commerce National Bank
Citizens Community Bank - Chicago, IL
Citizens Community Bank - NJ
Citizens Community Credit Union
Citizens Deposit Bank
Citizens Federal Credit Union
Citizens Financial Bank
Citizens First Bank (FL)
Citizens First Bank
Citizens First Bank
Citizens National - Brownwood
Citizens National Bank (KY)
Citizens National Bank (LA)
Citizens National Bank of Meridian
Citizens National Bank of PA
Citizens National Bank
Citizens Security Bank
Citizens State Bank & Trust Co
Citizens State Bank (IA)
Citizens State Bank (MI)
Citizens State Bank (WI)
Citizens State Bank of Clayton
Citizens State Bank, Moundridge KS
Citizens Tri-County Bank
Citizens Union Bank
Citizens-Union Savings Bank
City & County Credit Union
City Bank - Business
City Bank - Personal
City Bank (Hawaii)
City County Credit Union of Fort Lauderdale
City CU
City National Bank of Florida
City National Bank of Taylor
City National Bank of West Virginia
City National Bank
City National Online Banking
City State Bank (KS)
City State Bank (TN)
City State Bank
CityBank
City-County Federal Credit Union
Citywide Banks
Civitas Bank
Clackamas Community Federal Credit Union
Clarendon Hills Bank
Clark County Credit Union
Clarke Community FCU
Clearview Federal Credit Union
Cleveland Bank and Trust
Cleveland State Bank
Clinton National Bank
Clinton Savings Bank
CME Federal Credit Union
CNB National Bank
CNL Bank
Coast Central CU
Coastal Banc Rio Grande Valley
Coastal Bank of Georgia
Coastal Community And Teachers Credit Union
Coastal Federal Bank
Coastal Federal Credit Union
Coastway Credit Union
Coconut Grove Bank
CODE Credit Union
Coeur d'Alene Teachers CU
Cohutta Banking Company
Cole Taylor Bank
Collegedale Credit Union
Colonial Bank
Colonial Bank
Colorado Bank&Trust Co of La Junta
Colorado Capital Bank
Colorado Central CU
Colorado Community Bank
Colorado National Bank
Colorado State Bank and Trust
Colorado State Employees Credit Union
Columbia Bank (WA)
Columbia Bank
Columbia Credit Union
Columbian Bank
Columbus Bank and Trust
Comerica - NetVision
Comerica Bank
Comerica Web Banking for Small Business
Comerica Web Banking
Commencement Bank
Commerce Bank (Midwest)
Commerce Bank and Trust
Commerce Bank Business Direct NJ, PA, NY & DE
Commerce Bank NJ, PA, NY & DE
Commerce Bank of Folsom
Commerce Bank of Southwest Florida
CommerceFirst Bank
Commercial Bank (GA)
Commercial Bank (TN)
Commercial Bank of Ozark
Commercial Bank of Texas, NA
Commercial Federal Bank
Commercial National Bank
Commercial Savings Bank
Commercial State Bank
Commerical Bank & Trust
Commonwealth Bank & Trust (KY)
CommonWealth Central Credit Union
Commonwealth CU
Commonwealth One Federal CU
Communication Federal Credit Union
Communications Family CU
Community 1st Credit Union
Community Bank - Cabot AR
Community Bank - Staunton
Community Bank & Trust - Alabama
Community Bank & Trust - Troup
Community Bank & Trust of NC
Community Bank & Trust-N.E. GA
Community Bank (IN)
Community Bank (NM)
Community Bank and Trust - KS & MO
Community Bank and Trust - Sheboygan
Community Bank and Trust Company
Community Bank Minnesota Valley
Community Bank of Central CA
Community Bank of Downers Grove
Community Bank of DuPage
Community Bank of Granbury Texas
Community Bank of Naples
Community Bank of Nevada
Community Bank of Rowan
Community Bank of San Joaquin
Community Bank of Tri-County
Community Bank of Western Springs
Community Bank of Wichita
Community Bank, N.A
Community Bank
Community Banks of Colorado
Community Capital Bank (GA)
Community Capital Bank
Community Choice Credit Union (MI)
Community Credit Union of Lynn
Community Educators Credit Union
Community Federal Credit Union
Community First Bank & Trust (TN)
Community First Bank (LA)
Community First Credit Union (FL)
Community First Credit Union
Community Healthcare FCU
Community National Bank (KS)
Community National Bank (OH)
Community National Bank (TN)
Community National Bank (VT)
Community National Bank
Community One FCU
Community Resource Bank, NA
Community Resource Bank
Community Resource Credit Union
Community South Bank and Trust
Community State Bank (IA)
Community Trust Bank (KY/WV)
Community Trust Bank
Community Trust Credit Union
Community Valley Bank
CommunityFirst Bank (New Iberia, LA)
Compass Bank
Compass Savings Bank
Complex Community Federal Credit Union
CompuBank, N.A.
COMSTAR FCU
COMTRUST Federal Credit Union
Conestoga Bank
Congressional Bank
Connecticut Community Bank, N.A.
Connects Federal Credit Union
Connex Credit Union
Constellation Federal Credit Union
Consumers Choice Credit Union
Consumers Cooperative CU
Consumers Credit Union
Continental Savings Bank FSB
Co-op Services CU
Cooperativa Zeno Gandia
Cooperative Bank
Cooperative Center FCU
Cordele Banking Company
Core One Credit Union
CorePlus Federal Credit Union
Corn Belt Bank & Trust
Corner Bank
Cornerstone Community Bank (CA)
Cornerstone Community Bank
Cornerstone Credit Union
Cornerstone National Bank & Trust Company
Cornerstone National Bank
Corning Credit Union
Corporate America Family CU
Corsicana National Bank & Trust
CorTrust Bank NA
Corus Bank
Cosden Federal Credit Union
Costa Mesa Federal Credit Union
Country Bank Savings
Countryside FCU
County Bank
County National Bank
CoVest Banc
Covington County Bank
C-Plant Federal Credit Union
CR Standard Federal Bank
Credit Union 1 - IL
Credit Union 1 (AK)
Credit Union of America
Credit Union of Denver
Credit Union of Johnson County
Credit Union of New Jersey
Credit Union of Ohio, Inc.
Credit Union of Texas
Credit Union ONE
Credit Union West
Crescent Bank and Trust Company
Crescent State Bank
Crest Savings Bank
Crestar Bank
Cross Keys Bank
Crystal Lake Bank & Trust Co., N.A.
CSC Employees FCU
CU Hawaii FCU
Cumberland Valley National Bank & Trust
Cy Fair Federal Credit Union
Cypress Coquina Bank
Cyprus Federal Credit Union

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 19, 2008, 10:16:33 AM3/19/08
A. Talsta wrote:

> On 2008-03-19, Mark Kent <mark...@demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> A. Talsta <ata...@gmail.com> espoused:

>>> Please, could someone provide those "this is a good UI docs" so I can
>>> also see what's wrong in my system. Snit provided one good link witch
>>> really made me understand this whole UI thing in a way I had never
>>> thought.
>>>
>>> My fluxbox works just like it work and I can't see any UI problems, slrn
>>> uses different keys than elinks but is that just normal.
>>>
>>> ftp://kone.dnsalias.org/2008-03-19-092644_1280x1024_scrot.png
>>>

>> ah, a Sn1t nym. Others have said that he does this, but this is the
>> first time I've actually seen one.
>
> Why do you think that?

Well, pretending to be a "Sonera customer" located in norther europe, but
posting through a Paris/France IP number, while providing a false
abuse-address is not exactly building trust, now isn't that?

In short: You are about as trustworthy as "Snot" Michael Glasser,
the "Prescott Computer Guy". That is, not at all. Nothing you write can be
taken as being remotely connected to the truth

< snip >

--
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 19, 2008, 11:08:30 AM3/19/08

That's the problems with the Linux advocacy community, at least the ones in
COLA, they are compulsive liars.
And they are not very good at it.

They are not content to just say some Windows install/program/whatever
doesn't work.
That could be believeable.
They have to make claims that it ruined their sex life, stole their first
born and blew up their car.

Notice the Linux advocates are quiet because they would never correct their
own.

Get ready for [Homer] to slink and say something like he meant "two bankd
that he uses, or that he was being sarcastic".
You'll see.

Snit

Mar 19, 2008, 11:16:38 AM3/19/08
"Mark Kent" <mark...@demon.co.uk> stated in post
qk27b5-...@ellandroad.demon.co.uk on 3/19/08 2:23 AM:

> A. Talsta <ata...@gmail.com> espoused:
>> On 2008-03-19, Hadron <hadro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Aha! Suddenly an intuitive and consistent UI *IS* important when MS get
>>> it wrong. I hope you're listening RonG and Rick.
>>
>> Please, could someone provide those "this is a good UI docs" so I can
>> also see what's wrong in my system. Snit provided one good link witch
>> really made me understand this whole UI thing in a way I had never
>> thought.
>>
>> My fluxbox works just like it work and I can't see any UI problems, slrn
>> uses different keys than elinks but is that just normal.
>>
>> ftp://kone.dnsalias.org/2008-03-19-092644_1280x1024_scrot.png
>>

> ah, a Sn1t nym. Others have said that he does this, but this is the
> first time I've actually seen one.

Seen one what? Are you accusing me of being "A. Talsta". If so then you
should try to support your lie.

PS: since you are lying you cannot support your BS.

--
Is Swiss cheese made out of hole milk?

Snit

Mar 19, 2008, 11:57:08 AM3/19/08
"A. Talsta" <ata...@gmail.com> stated in post
c7i7b5-...@kone.dnsalias.org on 3/19/08 6:58 AM:

Building a transparent interface through efficient
and usable design is the catalyst for focusing this
attention on completing the designated task.

Could someone tell the designers of Vista that the word "transparent" has
more than one meaning. :)

Oh, and for the record, at least when I last checked, you are not me and I
am not you. Mark Kent is simply lying. Would you agree?

--
If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 19, 2008, 11:59:10 AM3/19/08

Interesting you don't call Doug Mentohl to task when he does his "Around
the World in 80 posts" routine.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 19, 2008, 12:00:25 PM3/19/08

LMAO !!

Linux is the kernel.
Linux is not the kernel.
Linux desktop usage can be measured.
Linux desktop usage can't be measured.

and so forth....

Peter Köhlmann

Mar 19, 2008, 12:21:55 PM3/19/08
The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

I have way too much on hands to keep track of *your* usage of open relays,
flatfish. And your ever growing collection of nymshifts

*If* you had paid any attention at all, you would have noticed that I have
not answered *any* post from Doug since years, as far as I remember.

I simply don't read everything here in cola, so I have decided to keep an
eye on you and your ilk (Hadron Quark, DFS, the teranews nymshifter and
other assorted scum)
--
Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
Flakey and built to stay that way.

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 19, 2008, 12:33:32 PM3/19/08
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:21:55 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> I have way too much on hands to keep track of *your* usage of open relays,
> flatfish. And your ever growing collection of nymshifts

Haha....
You can't manage your own bowels let alone your fantasy's.

> *If* you had paid any attention at all, you would have noticed that I have
> not answered *any* post from Doug since years, as far as I remember.

I don't typically read your messages Peter Kohlmann.
Why?
They rarely if ever say anything useful.

> I simply don't read everything here in cola, so I have decided to keep an
> eye on you and your ilk (Hadron Quark, DFS, the teranews nymshifter and
> other assorted scum)

Careful Peter, someone might accuse you of stalking :)

Snit

Mar 19, 2008, 12:43:07 PM3/19/08
"Peter Köhlmann" <peter.k...@t-online.de> stated in post
frrej3$88h$02$2...@news.t-online.com on 3/19/08 9:21 AM:

>> Interesting you don't call Doug Mentohl to task when he does his "Around
>> the World in 80 posts" routine.
>>

> I have way too much on hands to keep track of *your* usage of open relays,
> flatfish. And your ever growing collection of nymshifts
>
> *If* you had paid any attention at all, you would have noticed that I have
> not answered *any* post from Doug since years, as far as I remember.
>
> I simply don't read everything here in cola, so I have decided to keep an
> eye on you and your ilk (Hadron Quark, DFS, the teranews nymshifter and
> other assorted scum)

You spend most of your time whining, lying, and spewing hate filled posts.
When was your last useful post?

Moshe Goldfarb

Mar 19, 2008, 1:31:43 PM3/19/08

When he admitted he programs for Windows and that his family uses Windows.
That was a good one.

[H]omer

Mar 19, 2008, 1:46:54 PM3/19/08
Ezekiel wrote:

> --- "I actually received Money 05 as a gift 3 years ago. The big
> selling point was that it supposedly worked with online banking, for
> those lucky enough to have an account at the one or two banks that
> were actually supported. Mine wasn't"
>

> Homer is too stupid to even lie properly. Here's a partial list (A-C)
> of the "one or two" banks he lies^h^h^h "claims" are supported.

The whole point of this thread; the original quoted article; and my
response; is that Microsoft thinks that Money 05 is "still good enough
for UK users". As a previous Money 05 user who lives in the UK, I simply
pointed out that it /wasn't/.

> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx#

Please tell me how many of those banks are British?

Idiot.

Here ... let me help you:

[quote]
In the UK version of Microsoft Money, there is only *one* two-way
financial institution (see FAQ Article 235 for more information on
online banking types). This financial institution is the Nationwide.
[/quote]

http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/350.aspx

Like I said, "the one or two banks that were actually supported. Mine
wasn't".

Now, please explain where I "lied", you drooling fuckwit.

In fact, not only did I not lie, but I gave Money 05 far too much
credit, since it wasn't "one or two", but actually only *one* bank
that's supported.

You can now crawl back under the rock you live under.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
`----

17:46:27 up 89 days, 15:22, 4 users, load average: 0.39, 0.21, 0.19

Ezekiel

Mar 19, 2008, 2:02:41 PM3/19/08

"[H]omer" <sp...@uce.gov> wrote in message news:f508b5-...@sky.matrix...

From your link:
<quote>
The rest of Europe is similar to the UK, in that integration with 3rd party
software is nowhere as common as in the US. In the US, checking accounts
are not necessarily free, so many things that we don't pay for in the UK,
they do. They tend to write a lot more cheques and rarely use Direct Debits
or Standing Orders. Many banks use 3rd parties to enable their customers to
pay their bills (Checkfree), as many US banks don't offer that facility.
There are a lot more banks and most if not all, are smaller than the 4
large banks in the UK, when it comes to numbers of current account
customers.

The smaller ones tend to outsource their online operations, which ours
don't and this is why so many small US banks have online features that UK
banks don't. Also, UK banks have much stricter requirements when it comes
to safeguarding data. So while a US bank can change code, test it and
release within a matter of days, many of our banks operate 6 week complete
test passes on any changes.

Things are improving as more UK banks are adding 1-way statement download
and many of those that have just QIF have added OFX or are about to add
OFX.
</quote>

So you live in a country with a inferior banking system. No surprise there.
Given the sad state of your banking system there isn't any software package
that can do electronic banking.

> You can now crawl back under the rock you live under.
>
> --
> K.
> http://slated.org
>
> .----
> | 'When it comes to knowledge, "ownership" just doesn't make sense'
> | ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian. http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8
> `----
>
> Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.23.8-63.fc8
> 17:46:27 up 89 days, 15:22, 4 users, load average: 0.39, 0.21, 0.19

Rick

Mar 19, 2008, 3:48:10 PM3/19/08

Keep my name out of your dishonest ramblings. I never said a consistent
interface wasn't important.

--
Rick

A. Talsta

Mar 20, 2008, 2:58:02 PM3/20/08
On 2008-03-19, Peter Köhlmann <peter.k...@t-online.de> wrote:

> Well, pretending to be a "Sonera customer" located in norther europe, but
> posting through a Paris/France IP number, while providing a false
> abuse-address is not exactly building trust, now isn't that?

Hell, Sonera is the only thing right.

I have to check headers.

--
A. Talsta

A. Talsta

Mar 20, 2008, 2:58:02 PM3/20/08
On 2008-03-19, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> Building a transparent interface through efficient
> and usable design is the catalyst for focusing this
> attention on completing the designated task.

What the hell does this mean?

> Oh, and for the record, at least when I last checked, you are not me and I
> am not you. Mark Kent is simply lying. Would you agree?

What is this?

--
A. Talsta

Snit

Mar 20, 2008, 2:59:29 PM3/20/08
"A. Talsta" <ata...@gmail.com> stated in post
vhnab5-...@kone.dnsalias.org on 3/20/08 11:58 AM:

Stop snipping context and the comments might make more sense to you.

--
Do you ever wake up in a cold sweat wondering what the world would be
like if the Lamarckian view of evolutionary had ended up being accepted

A. Talsta

Mar 20, 2008, 4:58:02 PM3/20/08
On 2008-03-20, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

>>> Oh, and for the record, at least when I last checked, you are not me and I
>>> am not you. Mark Kent is simply lying. Would you agree?
>>
>> What is this?
>
> Stop snipping context and the comments might make more sense to you.

Your line sounds like Pursey on Reading 79'

He made his case for more than money.

--
A. Talsta