Rex Ballard does in 2 days what 6 VB programmers can do in 2 years

1 view

DFS

Mar 31, 2008, 12:12:12 PM3/31/08
He's 1500x more efficient than a VB programmer.

====================================
"Then of course, there was that I created a PERL script to parse the
marketscope alerts feed, convert it into HTML, and post it to a web
site, all without operator intervention. That took about 2 days.

Right after that, we had a team of 6 VB programmers (including 2 from
Microsoft) who said they were going to convert the marketscope feed
into Microsoft Office documents, and then serve them up using IE and
MS-Office. It took them 2 years, cost a whole bunch of money, and when
they got done, we decided that waiting 2 minutes per page for financial
news feed "alerts" was just too slow."
====================================

Come back, Superman! We need more entertaining lies as only you can deliver
them!

7

Mar 31, 2008, 5:36:52 PM3/31/08
Micoshaft Fraudster DFS wrote on behalf of half wits at Micoshaft
Corporation:

> He's 1500x more efficient than a VB programmer.

So what are you trying to claim doofy?
VB programmers are more efficient than open source programmers?

As a windummy programmer, I know that ain't ever gonna be true.
It just isn't the case in practice. Open sourcers
are an average at least 40% more efficient.

For me, with Gambas in hand, what I prototype in gambas
in two weeks can take 4 months to roll out in VB.
I got access to the whole of Linux internals, and 20,000+
application and their source code. And I can controll all
of it via shell or by adding a few lines of source to
an existing application.

Its a completely different world.
For most of my projects, I decline to use VB and prefer
instead Gambas and other scripting languages and compiler tools in Linux.
Open source accelerated RAD development enviroment is much
quicker than anything offered by micoshaft so I choose
to vote with my feet even though there is no pressure
to develop in one environment or the other.

Ezekiel

Mar 31, 2008, 12:01:40 PM3/31/08

"DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote in message

Rex Ballard. A legend in his own mind.