Google Gruplar, artık yeni Usenet gönderilerini veya aboneliklerini desteklememektedir. Geçmişteki içerikler görüntülenebilir kalmaya devam edecek.

Roy Schestowitz Loses Debate To a Pizza......

7 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Gary Stewart

okunmadı,
18 Tem 2011 13:21:2118.07.2011
alıcı
You guys have to read this one.
Search the page for DrPizza and read the exchange between Roy and
the Pizza.

The pizza takes Roy apart, slice by slice.
Why?
Because the good DrPizza doesn't just accept Roy's claims but digs
deeper.

Great stuff!!

Having a bad night Roy?
Roy doesn't like it much when people question the validity of his
bizzare comments.

http://techrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/irc-log-techrights-16072011.html

--
7/18/2011 1:11:44 PM
Gary Stewart

Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

Watching Linux Fail:
http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/

Come laugh at Linux "advocacy" with us!

http://www.youtube.com/social/blog/techrights-org

Linux's dismal desktop market share:

http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop
glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html

Desktop Linux on Life Support:

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/is-linux-on-the-desktop-dead--961508

When I use the term Linux I am speaking of desktop Linux unless
otherwise stated.

Hadron

okunmadı,
18 Tem 2011 13:55:1618.07.2011
alıcı
Gary Stewart <stewart...@oohay.com> writes:

> You guys have to read this one.
> Search the page for DrPizza and read the exchange between Roy and
> the Pizza.
>
> The pizza takes Roy apart, slice by slice.
> Why?
> Because the good DrPizza doesn't just accept Roy's claims but digs
> deeper.
>
> Great stuff!!
>
> Having a bad night Roy?
> Roy doesn't like it much when people question the validity of his
> bizzare comments.
>
> http://techrights.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/irc-log-techrights-16072011.html

Can you post some excerpts. I dont like visiting Roy's sites as he has a
track record of leaving them running with trojans and viruses.

Gary Stewart

okunmadı,
18 Tem 2011 14:02:2818.07.2011
alıcı

You really have to read the entire thing to get the context but here
is one example. It goes on much, much longer than this:

schestowitz This one sounds dubious
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Google-secondquarter-2011-earnings-and-Flurry-report/?kc=rss
Jul 16 13:59
TechrightsBot-tr Title: Google reports glad tidings -- but are
Android devs defecting? - News - Linux for Devices .::. Size~: 59.98
KB Jul 16 13:59
schestowitz I think the opposite is true Jul 16 13:59
-TRIdentica/#techrights-[nj3ma/@nj3ma] Just posted Baja in a
galsheet commercial @eebrah @krisibrisi @kelzoko @mosesmutuku Jul 16
13:59
DrPizza I don't. Jul 16 14:09
DrPizza Google made a big mistake shipping 3.0 in the state it
shipped. Jul 16 14:09
DrPizza Fragmentation is a major headache for developers, and though
there are new plans to reduce it in the future, they do nothing for
the existing installed base. Jul 16 14:10
DrPizza Developers have also found it consistently hard to monetize
Android Market, for various reasons (though ad-funded software tends
to do better) Jul 16 14:11
schestowitz how is iOS better in that regard? Jul 16 14:16
DrPizza I mean, it's not like Android development is going to
disappear overnight or anything... but I think it's likely that high
profile and commercial developers will continue to pick iOS as their
primary/first platform Jul 16 14:16
DrPizza iOS: much fewer fragmentation/compatibility problems Jul 16
14:16
schestowitz the "Fragmentation" thing? Jul 16 14:16
DrPizza iOS: much fewer piracy problems Jul 16 14:16
schestowitz piracy? Jul 16 14:16
DrPizza iOS: a tablet that's not godawful Jul 16 14:16
schestowitz You mean, illegal copying Jul 16 14:16
schestowitz Android-based tablets catch up in terms of sales Jul 16
14:17
DrPizza iOS: a store that's semi-trustworthy and not distributing
malware Jul 16 14:17
schestowitz DigiTimes gave some figures this month Jul 16 14:17
DrPizza Android-based tablets are currently blown away by the iPad
Jul 16 14:17
schestowitz Apple is just suing now Jul 16 14:17
DrPizza Android 3.0 was never good enough Jul 16 14:17
schestowitz the gap is being narrowed Jul 16 14:17
DrPizza I think Google really damaged Android in the tablet space
with 3.0 Jul 16 14:17
schestowitz %-wise Jul 16 14:17
DrPizza They should have waited longer Jul 16 14:17
DrPizza And shipped something higher quality Jul 16 14:18
schestowitz iPad is something some people avoid Jul 16 14:18
schestowitz I can find you an article from Taiwan about it Jul 16
14:18
DrPizza schestowitz: google gaining 1% would be "narrowing the gap",
but it still leaves Apple with 99%. Jul 16 14:18
schestowitz No Jul 16 14:18
schestowitz Soemthing like40% Jul 16 14:18
DrPizza Apple's selling every iPad it can make. Jul 16 14:18
schestowitz Remember: Jul 16 14:18
schestowitz Cisco and others and entering Jul 16 14:18
schestowitz They have niche markets Jul 16 14:18
schestowitz Not iPad 2 Jul 16 14:18
DrPizza Apple is selling every iPad 2 it can make. Jul 16 14:18
schestowitz Some medical stuff, admin, etc. Jul 16 14:18
schestowitz That's what Apple says Jul 16 14:19
schestowitz Don't take it at face value Jul 16 14:19
schestowitz Many companies do the whole pre-sale stuff and demand
pretence for hype, scarcity being faked Jul 16 14:19
schestowitz I'm sure Apple could contract/create another factor if
there's a market for it Jul 16 14:20
DrPizza Apple owns the channel, they can't sell into it. Jul 16
14:20
DrPizza Apple's sales figures are probably better than most, in that
regard. Jul 16 14:20
schestowitz owns which channel? Jul 16 14:20
schestowitz Hardware? Jul 16 14:20
schestowitz Apple contracts companies Jul 16 14:20
DrPizza ?? Jul 16 14:20
schestowitz Apple doesn't make hardware Jul 16 14:20
DrPizza no... Jul 16 14:20
DrPizza ... Jul 16 14:20
schestowitz It sells it Jul 16 14:20
schestowitz brands it Jul 16 14:20
schestowitz maybe designs Jul 16 14:20
DrPizza This is standard terminology for god's sake. Jul 16 14:20
schestowitz But for material it has companies in east China doing
the contracts Jul 16 14:21
DrPizza What the hell does that have to do with anything? Jul 16
14:21

--
7/18/2011 2:01:48 PM

Hadron

okunmadı,
18 Tem 2011 15:34:1018.07.2011
alıcı
Gary Stewart <stewart...@oohay.com> writes:

Typical clueless idiot that he is.

Everyone knows Android 3 was released too early. Just read the developer
blogs. Comparing it to iOS4 is simply laughable. Time and time again the
user surveys show Apple's iPad to be WAY ahead of the competition (not
just Android) in terms of usability, battery, desirability, quality of
Apps etc etc. The open "market" is rapidly becoming a dung heap of
viruses, trojans and half arsed copy cat apps - with almost no way to
get reliable reviews or scoring because of the "mad hatter" brigade who
shun anyhting trying to make a penny through subscription or ads.

This new Android phone, the evo or something, is kicking arse but
primarily because of its awesome HW feature set.

But clearly DrPizza knows something about development, unlike Roy, since
he correctly identifies the hassles developers are having with the
fragmented Android API and HW base.

If dicks like Roy accepted the weaknesses and strove to CONTRIBUTE as
opposed to just being a gobby bighead then maybe, just maybe, Android's
future would be more secure. Mind you, having heard him on tech shows
maybe his contribution wouldn't be much valued - he seems pretty
clueless about sw in general - not quite as ignorant as Creepy or
Goblin maybe but pretty up there.

RayLopez99

okunmadı,
18 Tem 2011 15:44:2618.07.2011
alıcı
On Jul 19, 1:02 am, Gary Stewart <stewart.gar...@oohay.com> wrote:

> schestowitz     Apple contracts companies       Jul 16 14:20
> DrPizza ??      Jul 16 14:20
> schestowitz     Apple doesn't make hardware     Jul 16 14:20
> DrPizza no...   Jul 16 14:20
> DrPizza ...     Jul 16 14:20
> schestowitz     It sells it     Jul 16 14:20
> schestowitz     brands it       Jul 16 14:20
> schestowitz     maybe designs   Jul 16 14:20
> DrPizza This is standard terminology for god's sake.    Jul 16 14:20
> schestowitz     But for material it has companies in east China doing
> the contracts   Jul 16 14:21
> DrPizza What the hell does that have to do with anything?       Jul 16
> 14:21

LOL. This was priceless. Roy thinks that just because a company uses
a plant in China for manufacture--which probably well over 90% of big
companies do--if not 99%--that they "don't make hardware" and that
this is somehow relevant to the technology debate. It may be relevant
to debates such as whether the USA is on the right track economically
(the so-called "hollowing out" of America due to shipping
manufacturing overseas) but it has zero relevance to technology as Dr.
Pizza points out. Technology is about design, not about who runs the
fab. Shows how confused Roy is--and what else does he not have a clue
about?

RL

Hadron

okunmadı,
18 Tem 2011 16:24:4818.07.2011
alıcı
RayLopez99 <raylo...@gmail.com> writes:

I'm trying to recall a subject where he had anything meaningful to
say. No wonder industry luminaries think he's a dickhead.

Lusotec

okunmadı,
18 Tem 2011 20:17:5818.07.2011
alıcı
RayLopez99 wrote:

> Gary Stewart wrote:
>> schestowitz Apple contracts companies Jul 16 14:20
>> DrPizza ?? Jul 16 14:20
>> schestowitz Apple doesn't make hardware Jul 16 14:20
>> DrPizza no... Jul 16 14:20
>> DrPizza ... Jul 16 14:20
>> schestowitz It sells it Jul 16 14:20
>> schestowitz brands it Jul 16 14:20
>> schestowitz maybe designs Jul 16 14:20
>> DrPizza This is standard terminology for god's sake. Jul 16 14:20
>> schestowitz But for material it has companies in east China doing
>> the contracts Jul 16 14:21
>> DrPizza What the hell does that have to do with anything? Jul 16
>> 14:21

It never ceases to amaze me how much time "Gary" wastes on COLA, Roy and the
likes. What a pathetic way to spend ones life.

> LOL. This was priceless.

Don't worry, your "Serious Work" series of posts are still unbeaten in the
"priceless" category!

> Roy thinks that just because a company uses
> a plant in China for manufacture--which probably well over 90% of big
> companies do--if not 99%--that they "don't make hardware" and that
> this is somehow relevant to the technology debate. It may be relevant
> to debates such as whether the USA is on the right track economically
> (the so-called "hollowing out" of America due to shipping
> manufacturing overseas) but it has zero relevance to technology as Dr.
> Pizza points out. Technology is about design, not about who runs the
> fab.

Actually, technology is about design and manufacturing. Otherwise you would
just have some drawings and writings in pieces of papyrus.

Just out of curiosity, does Apple actually make any hardware? Anyone knows?
As for hardware design, most of the it is done by ARM, Intel, and the likes
and not by Apple. Apple does design part a significant part of the software
in its products.

Regards.

RayLopez99

okunmadı,
19 Tem 2011 11:16:0719.07.2011
alıcı
On Jul 19, 7:17 am, Lusotec <nom...@nomail.not> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, does Apple actually make any hardware? Anyone knows?
> As for hardware design, most of the it is done by ARM, Intel, and the likes
> and not by Apple. Apple does design part a significant part of the software
> in its products.

You're as ignorant as your master Roy it seems.

RL

Gary Stewart

okunmadı,
19 Tem 2011 12:11:0819.07.2011
alıcı

Roy Schestowitz's tinfoil hat brigade really scrapes the bottom of
the barrel trying to defend his actions.

Well I suppose that is to be expected.

After all, if you are looking for Roy Schestowitz, the bottom of the
barrel is the first place to look!

--
7/19/2011 12:09:47 PM

Lusotec

okunmadı,
19 Tem 2011 12:54:0519.07.2011
alıcı
RayLopez99 wrote:

> Lusotec wrote:
>> Just out of curiosity, does Apple actually make any hardware? Anyone
>> knows? As for hardware design, most of the it is done by ARM, Intel, and
>> the likes and not by Apple. Apple does design part a significant part of
>> the software in its products.
>>

> You're as ignorant as your master Roy it seems.

And that will make me 1000 times less ignorant than you!

Regards.

Snit

okunmadı,
19 Tem 2011 12:58:3119.07.2011
alıcı
Lusotec stated in post j02ifm$rfm$1...@dont-email.me on 7/18/11 5:17 PM:

> Actually, technology is about design and manufacturing. Otherwise you would
> just have some drawings and writings in pieces of papyrus.
>
> Just out of curiosity, does Apple actually make any hardware? Anyone knows?
> As for hardware design, most of the it is done by ARM, Intel, and the likes
> and not by Apple. Apple does design part a significant part of the software
> in its products.

You posted that just to get a reaction from folks? Right? I mean, that is
one of the best known trolling techniques - post something completely absurd
just to see how people react.

My oh my... I hope that is all you were doing.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Peter Köhlmann

okunmadı,
19 Tem 2011 12:59:4519.07.2011
alıcı
Lusotec wrote:

You forgot several decimal places

Gary Stewart

okunmadı,
19 Tem 2011 13:03:4819.07.2011
alıcı

Hi master, Roy Schestowitz, has taught him well.

BTW, they were talking about you a little bit after your left the
irc the other night.

Nothing earth shattering but the flies on the wall in the private
message section must have been buzzing!

So when is the "Really Big Shoe" ?

I was going to offer to clean up, offer suggestions for Goblin's new
show, production wise, using ONLY FOSS programs (Ubuntu Studio) and
report back how it works.

It would be a learning experience for me though as aside from using
Ardour on a laptop as a back up to Protools for a live recording, I
haven't used much of the Linux tools in post production in a while.

I dunno, might be interesting to see how the other half lives :)

--
7/19/2011 12:59:18 PM

Lusotec

okunmadı,
19 Tem 2011 19:22:1219.07.2011
alıcı
Snit wrote:

> Lusotec wrote:
>> Actually, technology is about design and manufacturing. Otherwise you
>> would just have some drawings and writings in pieces of papyrus.
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, does Apple actually make any hardware? Anyone
>> knows? As for hardware design, most of the it is done by ARM, Intel, and
>> the likes and not by Apple. Apple does design part a significant part of
>> the software in its products.
>
> You posted that just to get a reaction from folks? Right? I mean, that
> is one of the best known trolling techniques - post something completely
> absurd just to see how people react.
>
> My oh my... I hope that is all you were doing.

No trolling, just curiosity. I actually wanted to know if Apple makes any of
the hardware it sells. I don't mean just assembly but actual printing of the
integrated circuits, boards, and the likes.

For example, the iPad has a custom ARM system on chip, in minor part
designed by Apple, but does Apple actually has the manufacturing plants to
print the chips or is it some other (Taiwanese? Chinese?) company that
manufactures them?

As more and more manufacturing is exported from North America and Europe to
Asia, and more and more of the money and resources go East, I wonder how
long it will take before North America and Europe economies collapse
completely.

Regards.

Roy Schestowitz

okunmadı,
19 Tem 2011 19:25:3319.07.2011
alıcı

Snit

okunmadı,
19 Tem 2011 19:48:2819.07.2011
alıcı
Lusotec stated in post j053j5$7df$1...@dont-email.me on 7/19/11 4:22 PM:

> Snit wrote:
>> Lusotec wrote:
>>> Actually, technology is about design and manufacturing. Otherwise you
>>> would just have some drawings and writings in pieces of papyrus.
>>>
>>> Just out of curiosity, does Apple actually make any hardware? Anyone
>>> knows? As for hardware design, most of the it is done by ARM, Intel, and
>>> the likes and not by Apple. Apple does design part a significant part of
>>> the software in its products.
>>
>> You posted that just to get a reaction from folks? Right? I mean, that
>> is one of the best known trolling techniques - post something completely
>> absurd just to see how people react.
>>
>> My oh my... I hope that is all you were doing.
>
> No trolling, just curiosity. I actually wanted to know if Apple makes any of
> the hardware it sells.

Well, they design it... and have their own chip fabrication plants.

> I don't mean just assembly but actual printing of the
> integrated circuits, boards, and the likes.

Yes.

> For example, the iPad has a custom ARM system on chip, in minor part
> designed by Apple, but does Apple actually has the manufacturing plants to
> print the chips or is it some other (Taiwanese? Chinese?) company that
> manufactures them?

I believe they own the plants. In some cases, that is.

> As more and more manufacturing is exported from North America and Europe to
> Asia, and more and more of the money and resources go East, I wonder how
> long it will take before North America and Europe economies collapse
> completely.

The world economy is going to flatten out.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Lusotec

okunmadı,
19 Tem 2011 20:11:4419.07.2011
alıcı
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Lusotec wrote:
>> As more and more manufacturing is exported from North America and Europe
>> to Asia, and more and more of the money and resources go East, I wonder
>> how long it will take before North America and Europe economies collapse
>> completely.
>
> They probably won't "collapse". It's just that the West won't be dominant
> anymore.

Both the USA and most European countries have accumulated huge debts.
Because of this I fear that a collapse, and not just a decay, is very
likely. The debts are reaching such a high level that even just the debts
service is becoming a huge burden.

At the moment, the USA will again /print/ its way out of the current hole
but the USA Dollar is already very devalued and the only thing holding
inflation down is the economy's poor performance, housing crash, and high
unemployment.

In Europe, the Euro is at record highs making exports more difficult, Greece
is bankrupt (or very close to it), Ireland still has a massive banking hole,
and Portugal is trying to avoid having to use the pensions' system reserves
to plug the hole in the state budget, and in the process wiping mine and
many others pension plans.

I'm seeing a collapse in the future but I truly hope I'm seeing things much
darker than what they really are.

Regards.

RayLopez99

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 00:06:1920.07.2011
alıcı

LOL, another doom and gloomer. Figures when your PC runs an OS that
has less than 1% market share you would be a doom and gloomer...

Redirected to an investments group.

RL

Gary Stewart

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 00:10:1120.07.2011
alıcı

When you run desktop Linux, you get conditioned to aiming low so
that when you fail you are not too disappointed.

What else can be said of an operating system that has been free for
20 years yet mostly ignored by the masses.

--
7/20/2011 12:09:05 AM

RayLopez99

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 00:16:2020.07.2011
alıcı
On Jul 20, 11:10 am, Gary Stewart <stewart.gar...@oohay.com> wrote:

> When you run desktop Linux, you get conditioned to aiming low so
> that when you fail you are not too disappointed.

True. But look at the "bright side"--you don't have any viruses!
Then again, a paperweight on your desk also has no viruses. And it's
about as useful as a desktop loaded with Linux in doing Serious Work.

RL

Lusotec

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 06:20:2620.07.2011
alıcı
RayLopez99 wrote:
> LOL, another doom and gloomer. Figures when your PC runs an OS that
> has less than 1% market share you would be a doom and gloomer...

Figures RayLopez99 would post something dumb!

Regards.

Lusotec

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 06:24:3620.07.2011
alıcı
RayLopez99 wrote:
> True. But look at the "bright side"--you don't have any viruses!
> Then again, a paperweight on your desk also has no viruses. And it's
> about as useful as a desktop loaded with Linux in doing Serious Work.

And RayLopez99 continues is stupid crusade on redefining English words.
No one cares about your stupid redefinitions.

Regards.

Lusotec

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 06:55:4620.07.2011
alıcı
Snit wrote:

> Lusotec wrote:
>> Snit wrote:

>>> You posted that just to get a reaction from folks? Right? I mean, that
>>> is one of the best known trolling techniques - post something completely
>>> absurd just to see how people react.
>>>
>>> My oh my... I hope that is all you were doing.
>>
>> No trolling, just curiosity. I actually wanted to know if Apple makes any
>> of the hardware it sells.
>
> Well, they design it... and have their own chip fabrication plants.

Most of the chip's designs is done by Intel, AMD, or ARM, but Apple does
some custom CPU/SoC designs based on ARMs designs.

>> I don't mean just assembly but actual printing of the
>> integrated circuits, boards, and the likes.
>
> Yes.
>
>> For example, the iPad has a custom ARM system on chip, in minor part
>> designed by Apple, but does Apple actually has the manufacturing plants
>> to print the chips or is it some other (Taiwanese? Chinese?) company that
>> manufactures them?
>
> I believe they own the plants. In some cases, that is.

That is important. Maintaining manufacturing capabilities is a must for
economic health, be it a company or a country.

>> As more and more manufacturing is exported from North America and Europe
>> to Asia, and more and more of the money and resources go East, I wonder
>> how long it will take before North America and Europe economies collapse
>> completely.
>
> The world economy is going to flatten out.

I think that the world economy will continue to grow for the next decades,
but there will be a significant economic shift from North America and Europe
to Asia, in particular India and China.

I'm very worried about the commercial deficit, manufacturing export, and
huge debt of the USA and most European countries. And lets not forget that
the baby boom generation will start retiring in large numbers this year,
2011.

Regards.

chrisv

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 09:37:4320.07.2011
alıcı
Lusotec wrote:

>>> No trolling, just curiosity. I actually wanted to know if Apple makes any
>>> of the hardware it sells.
>>
>> Well, they design it... and have their own chip fabrication plants.
>
>Most of the chip's designs is done by Intel, AMD, or ARM, but Apple does
>some custom CPU/SoC designs based on ARMs designs.

Apple designs the hardware. Using other company's chips doesn't
change that.

And, like you say, some of those chips that are made by other
companies are joint-designs of Apple and the other company.

Le Cocque D'Argent et D'or en Tweed --Silver&Gold Cock in Tweed

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 10:43:0520.07.2011
alıcı

Ray is known as 'dopez99' around here.

Don't like Linux? Keep the receipt and get a refund you dopey asshole.

RayLopez99

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 15:20:5620.07.2011
alıcı

No one cares about you LinuxSucks.

Serious Work is what 99% of people do. 1% uses Linux and don't do
Serious Work. Do the math.

RL

Savlan

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 16:10:4320.07.2011
alıcı
RayLopez99 wrote:

> On Jul 20, 5:24 pm, Lusotec <nom...@nomail.not> wrote:
>> RayLopez99 wrote:
>> > True. But look at the "bright side"--you don't have any viruses!
>> > Then again, a paperweight on your desk also has no viruses. And it's
>> > about as useful as a desktop loaded with Linux in doing Serious Work.
>>
>> And RayLopez99 continues is stupid crusade on redefining English words.
>> No one cares about your stupid redefinitions.
>>
>> Regards.
>
> No one cares about you LinuxSucks.

Who is "LinuxSucks", RayLopez99? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
that alias.

chrisv

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 17:23:2620.07.2011
alıcı
Savlan wrote:

>RayLopez99 wrote:

*plonk*

Vladimir Kuskov

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 17:43:4820.07.2011
alıcı

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Savlan wrote:
>
>>RayLopez99 wrote:
>
> *plonk*

is your whore mother shitting out more turds like you?

William Poaster

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 18:08:5420.07.2011
alıcı
Savlan wrote:

"Serious Work" is done on supercomputers, of which 91% use Linux & just a
mere 1.2% use Windoze. That's the maths. :-)

--
"E=Mc^5...nahhh...E=Mc^4...nahh...E=Mc^3...ah, the hell with it."
"Microsoft's biggest and most dangerous contribution to the software

Snit

okunmadı,
20 Tem 2011 18:14:4820.07.2011
alıcı
Lusotec stated in post j06c7k$d9s$1...@dont-email.me on 7/20/11 3:55 AM:

> Snit wrote:
>> Lusotec wrote:

>>> No trolling, just curiosity. I actually wanted to know if Apple makes any
>>> of the hardware it sells.
>>
>> Well, they design it... and have their own chip fabrication plants.
>
> Most of the chip's designs is done by Intel, AMD, or ARM, but Apple does
> some custom CPU/SoC designs based on ARMs designs.

But they make a lot of the hardware - sounds now you are limiting that to
just chip design. Heck, how much chip design do any of the distro managers
do?

>>> I don't mean just assembly but actual printing of the
>>> integrated circuits, boards, and the likes.
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> For example, the iPad has a custom ARM system on chip, in minor part
>>> designed by Apple, but does Apple actually has the manufacturing plants
>>> to print the chips or is it some other (Taiwanese? Chinese?) company that
>>> manufactures them?
>>
>> I believe they own the plants. In some cases, that is.
>
> That is important. Maintaining manufacturing capabilities is a must for
> economic health, be it a company or a country.

Well, companies will go where they can get the work done for the least
money. It will equalize things out... that is the idea, anyway.

>>> As more and more manufacturing is exported from North America and Europe
>>> to Asia, and more and more of the money and resources go East, I wonder
>>> how long it will take before North America and Europe economies collapse
>>> completely.
>>
>> The world economy is going to flatten out.
>
> I think that the world economy will continue to grow for the next decades,
> but there will be a significant economic shift from North America and Europe
> to Asia, in particular India and China.
>
> I'm very worried about the commercial deficit, manufacturing export, and
> huge debt of the USA and most European countries. And lets not forget that
> the baby boom generation will start retiring in large numbers this year,
> 2011.

Oh, the US and Europe are in for some interesting times.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Savlan

okunmadı,
21 Tem 2011 02:25:4221.07.2011
alıcı
Snit wrote:

What does interesting times have to do with linux, snit?

Snit

okunmadı,
21 Tem 2011 02:27:1621.07.2011
alıcı
Savlan stated in post j08gok$bpb$6...@dont-email.me on 7/20/11 11:25 PM:

Maybe you were not following the thread?

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

Lusotec

okunmadı,
23 Tem 2011 09:04:4123.07.2011
alıcı
Snit wrote:

> Lusotec wrote:
>> That is important. Maintaining manufacturing capabilities is a must for
>> economic health, be it a company or a country.
>
> Well, companies will go where they can get the work done for the least
> money. It will equalize things out... that is the idea, anyway.

The problem with companies outsourcing (parts of) their core business (e.g.
manufacturing) to reduce cost is that they may end up creating a competitor
that will not be able to beat. I personally know one such case.

>> I think that the world economy will continue to grow for the next
>> decades, but there will be a significant economic shift from North
>> America and Europe to Asia, in particular India and China.
>>
>> I'm very worried about the commercial deficit, manufacturing export, and
>> huge debt of the USA and most European countries. And lets not forget
>> that the baby boom generation will start retiring in large numbers this
>> year, 2011.
>
> Oh, the US and Europe are in for some interesting times.

<quote>May you live in interesting times, often referred to as the *Chinese*
*curse*</quote>
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/May_you_live_in_interesting_times

Regards.

Snit

okunmadı,
23 Tem 2011 09:15:4523.07.2011
alıcı
Lusotec stated in post j0egtl$gf2$1...@dont-email.me on 7/23/11 6:04 AM:

> Snit wrote:
>> Lusotec wrote:
>>> That is important. Maintaining manufacturing capabilities is a must for
>>> economic health, be it a company or a country.
>>
>> Well, companies will go where they can get the work done for the least
>> money. It will equalize things out... that is the idea, anyway.
>
> The problem with companies outsourcing (parts of) their core business (e.g.
> manufacturing) to reduce cost is that they may end up creating a competitor
> that will not be able to beat. I personally know one such case.

Perhaps: but no tech company is making all of their own hardware.

>>> I think that the world economy will continue to grow for the next
>>> decades, but there will be a significant economic shift from North
>>> America and Europe to Asia, in particular India and China.
>>>
>>> I'm very worried about the commercial deficit, manufacturing export, and
>>> huge debt of the USA and most European countries. And lets not forget
>>> that the baby boom generation will start retiring in large numbers this
>>> year, 2011.
>>
>> Oh, the US and Europe are in for some interesting times.
>
> <quote>May you live in interesting times, often referred to as the *Chinese*
> *curse*</quote>
> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/May_you_live_in_interesting_tim
> es

That was exactly what I was in reference to.

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0 yeni ileti