Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

1 view

Ezekiel

Aug 22, 2008, 9:48:01 AM8/22/08
But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the top in
this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To Roy it's all
about Spamowitz.

Moshe Goldfarb.

Aug 22, 2008, 12:51:22 PM8/22/08
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:48:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

> But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the top in
> this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To Roy it's all
> about Spamowitz.

That's exactly why he is doing it.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

Linonut

Aug 22, 2008, 10:34:52 PM8/22/08

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:48:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the top in
>> this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To Roy it's all
>> about Spamowitz.
>
> That's exactly why he is doing it.

His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

--
If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always manage to
boot yourself in the posterior.

Moshe Goldfarb.

Aug 22, 2008, 10:38:36 PM8/22/08
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:34:52 -0400, Linonut wrote:

> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:48:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>>> But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the top in
>>> this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To Roy it's all
>>> about Spamowitz.
>>
>> That's exactly why he is doing it.
>
> His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

Mine either :)

That's not the point though....

William Poaster

Aug 23, 2008, 5:24:08 AM8/23/08
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:34:52 -0400, Linonut wrote:

> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:48:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>>> But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the
>>> top in this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To
>>> Roy it's all about Spamowitz.
>>
>> That's exactly why he is doing it.
>
> His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

Roy's posts aren't at the top in my newsreader. They appear in the correct
chronological sequence.
Looks like the trolls can't even set their own newsreaders correctly!

--
ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ

Linonut

Aug 23, 2008, 11:12:00 AM8/23/08

>> His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

> Mine either :)
> That's not the point though....

Okay, a little test of my system: I will send this at exactly
11:12:00 on my system.

--
Moonchild without an opinion? Satan is skating to work tomorrow!
-- Brett Manz

Moshe Goldfarb.

Aug 23, 2008, 11:29:08 AM8/23/08
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:24:08 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:34:52 -0400, Linonut wrote:
>
>> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> That's exactly why he is doing it.
>>
>> His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.
>
> Roy's posts aren't at the top in my newsreader. They appear in the correct
> chronological sequence.
> Looks like the trolls can't even set their own newsreaders correctly!

Yea... and they are 45 minutes in the future.....

Moshe Goldfarb.

Aug 23, 2008, 12:08:54 PM8/23/08
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:12:00 -0400, Linonut wrote:

> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>>> His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.
>> Mine either :)
>> That's not the point though....
>
> Okay, a little test of my system: I will send this at exactly
> 11:12:00 on my system.

You passed....

Linonut

Aug 23, 2008, 1:26:32 PM8/23/08

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:12:00 -0400

I dunno. /Somebody's/ got a bad system clock. Mine use's NTP. Looking
at this site:

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

I am at most one second off.

Wow, I am doing better than my frickin' ISP, who says I post nearly 4.5
minutes before that was possible!

--
Age before beauty; and pearls before swine.
-- Dorothy Parker

Linonut

Aug 23, 2008, 1:31:09 PM8/23/08

> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:24:08 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:34:52 -0400, Linonut wrote:
>>
>>> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.
>>
>> Roy's posts aren't at the top in my newsreader. They appear in the correct
>> chronological sequence.
>> Looks like the trolls can't even set their own newsreaders correctly!
>
> Yea... and they are 45 minutes in the future.....

Actually, they may be 15 minutes in the past:

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:16:18 +0000

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html

United Kingdom not on GMT in the summer

The United Kingdom is not on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) when it
observes daylight saving time in the summer months. In fact, it
observes British Summer Time (BST), which is one hour ahead of GMT,
in this period.

--
Natural laws have no pity.

William Poaster

Aug 23, 2008, 6:05:27 PM8/23/08
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:31:09 -0400, Linonut wrote:

> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> Roy's posts aren't at the top in my newsreader. They appear in the
>>> correct chronological sequence.
>>> Looks like the trolls can't even set their own newsreaders correctly!
>>
>> Yea... and they are 45 minutes in the future.....
>
> Actually, they may be 15 minutes in the past:

> 2008 16:16:18 +0000
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html
>
> United Kingdom not on GMT in the summer
>
> The United Kingdom is not on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) when it observes
> daylight saving time in the summer months. In fact, it observes British
> Summer Time (BST), which is one hour ahead of GMT, in this period.

Yup, that's right.

Here, you show as:

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 23, 2008, 8:59:19 PM8/23/08

William Poaster

Aug 24, 2008, 7:14:05 AM8/24/08

The troll is getting deperate, & is just uttering its usual crap IMO.

Linonut

Aug 24, 2008, 10:04:46 AM8/24/08

> My clock on this box has always been set correctly. I didn't enable network
> sync with a clocking server although it's a tick box away.

I'm wondering why your post appears on a server in the Midwest US now
(based on the time zone).

Different routing of news by AT&T?

--
It seems that more and more mathematicians are using a new, high level
language named "research student".

Moshe Goldfarb.

Aug 24, 2008, 5:44:13 PM8/24/08
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:04:46 -0400, Linonut wrote:

>> My clock on this box has always been set correctly. I didn't enable network
>> sync with a clocking server although it's a tick box away.
>
> I'm wondering why your post appears on a server in the Midwest US now
> (based on the time zone).
>
> Different routing of news by AT&T?

Schestowitz as usual is lying.

Schestowitz posts through Mark Kent's server and ISP (via ssh or similar)
yet Mark Kent's posts appear to have the correct time but Roy's do not.

The test post you posted Linonut showed up within a minute of my clock...

BTW we are not talking about a couple of minutes off either way, he has
been 45 minutes to almost 1 hour in the future and it has nothing to do
with GMT, time zones etc.

Geoff M. Fitton

Aug 25, 2008, 2:48:36 AM8/25/08

p???u???n? si ??i?? ???nd?o?